Ace Hardware Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,486 reviews matching the search
Productive and Fun work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJune 23, 2016
Learned a lot and really enjoyed my time working. Taught me the fundamentals of a career based job. helpful employees that got me through my training. most enjoyable part were the customers .
Pros
Great benefits plan
Cons
Not enough hours
ace
Order Filler/Forklift Operator/stock&plug (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 23, 2016
read other review. management is the same.
its ok to belittle employees on daylily, (ie your not at the 110% standers required a day, it operator error, not the system. and its ok to alter employ standers on day to day bases.)
Good Place with Good People
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Green River, WYJune 22, 2016
I enjoy working with the people. There is usually lots to do, slow days do happen in the winter months but summer is busy and fun. You can learn useful skills about home repair and yard work.
Decent place to work
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCJune 22, 2016
Can be a fun learning experience interacting and helping customers. Hard workers are considered for promotions. Would be willing to work there again.
Great Place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Suisun City, CAJune 21, 2016
It is a great place to work. Great co workers and a small store to work for. The owner is great as well, but the manager he hired is a jerk.
Pros
small store and small company
Cons
Manager is a jerk
Great people and staff to work with
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 20, 2016
The management staff could be better so that the production of inventory is better. Everyday I learn something new and able to become more knowledgeable.
Pros
Great store owner
Cons
no healthcare, low pay
Its an ok job.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Elk City, OKJune 19, 2016
There is not moving up or trying to become better at the job. There are no raises. You learn a lot about home improvement. The management is good to work with. There really wasn't a hard part on the job, it was all easy to understand. the customers were my favorite part.
Pros
nice people
Cons
no raise
cashier
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 18, 2016
checking customers out, translating to customers to help them understand, helping them find the item that they're looking for , making keys and price labels
Hard work
Full case filler (Current Employee) –  Princeton, ILJune 16, 2016
The work there is really hard must keep above 100% rate or better. the people I work with there r pretty understanding and helpful. Working for tens is nice because I have a bigger weekend with my family. The supervisors there r really understanding and r the if u need any help or questions.
Personal workplace
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 11, 2016
very one on one with customers, extremely close work environment with coworkers. We are all family, teaching and learning from each other. Only draw back is there is no room to move up after assistant manager unless you stay with the company for 10+ years.
Pros
Good sales environment
Cons
management has no personal free time
good place to work just need full time hours
Salesman (Current Employee) –  Kenova, WVJune 9, 2016
enjoy greeting the customers and helping them in our store, I've learned how to operate a forklift and mix paint. I get along well with the managers and the other co-workers. It is a good place to work
A great place to work
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 6, 2016
A typical day at work involved a lot of cleaning. I didn't mind my duties or searching for something else to do. I liked being on my own. I learned about stocking shelves with merchandise and the hardest part was mopping the floor. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers.
Pros
steady work
Cons
only temporary
Task/service oriented environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJune 6, 2016
Employees are treated fairly and provided with immediate assistance from manager when needed but, in return, are expected to be constantly improving, on task, and have no greater goal than to assist customers as quickly and thoroughly as possible. The managers are not lenient on employees and have high expectations that are made clear to each employed individual.
Pros
Small team, available managers
Cons
Difficult environment for women
A great learning experience
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAJune 3, 2016
Working for Ace Hardware, I opened and closed the store, greeted and helped every customer, mixed paint, and made keys. I learned so much from my co-workers including where everything in the store went, how to put it away efficiently, and how to help customers with interesting projects and home improvement. I loved mixing and matching paint and helping people pick out new colors for their houses. The hardest part was learning how to have a thick skin and not take anything personal.
Pros
Discount
Benefits
Family like enviroment
Paint advisor, key holder, floor crew and cashier (Current Employee) –  Vernon, CTJune 2, 2016
Very busy, demanding days and nights. I've learned alot about every aspect of a hardware store. The management staff is always willing to teach and help, same for the Corporate office. They are always there to help with anything. The diverse customer base is always exciting and it keeps you on your toes.
Pros
helping customers.
Cons
busy, demanding, stressful.
Great atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Driggs, IDMay 30, 2016
Loved working with such great people. Things were easy going but everyone worked hard. I learned how to communicate with customers and how to work as a team.
Fun workplace
Retail Associate/ Cashier (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INMay 28, 2016
Stressful but the employees work together as a team to make it fun and managable. The upper management is very nice and they take into consideration how you feel before asking more of you.
No room for growth
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cape Coral, FL 33914May 27, 2016
I was there for 8 years and learned the store like the back of my hand, Great reviews by customer and yearly performance. still after 5 years no raise, promotion, nor recognition of a job well done.
Pros
Love working with public, consumers
Cons
No room for growth in the company
A get by job
INSIDE SALES (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYMay 26, 2016
Typical day was working hard. Say busy, avoid the owner.
Unload freight trucks, organize warehouse. Repair work.
Some sales, lots of theft prevention
Pros
Lots of free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Wonderful people and place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Butte, MTMay 26, 2016
A typical day at work consists of great customer service and making sure your customers leave with a smile. I operate the cash register and keep the front end clean and organized.