ACE PARKING

ACE PARKING Employer Reviews

Ace Parking is a fun and promising company to work for and has an excellent work environment .
Valet (Current Employee), San DiegoFebruary 17, 2015
I have enjoyed working for this comoany for the past two years. I was provided with a fun work environment and a good location to work at. I was able to meet many interesting people and improve upon my people skills. I learned how to improve my conversation skills and provide better customer service then previous jobs.
Enjoyable and challenging workplace dealing with all kinds of people
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), La jolla, CAJanuary 26, 2015
Every day is different day for me at work. Yes, I work with the same people and the same parking machines however, I receive many different types of customers. Most of my customers have health issues which either makes them very nice or very rude. I enjoy dealing with the impatient/rude customers because they challenge me. My goal by the end of the day is to make them leave with a smile on their face.
Customer Service
Valet (Current Employee), Wyndham San Diego BaysideJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: great people, open air environment, an amazing manager at my location
Cons: short on hours and guest that dont want to pay.
This is my first and initial step towards being in the Hospitality Industry, I applied here in order to start building my resume and to learn how hotels were run and to oversee the idea of if I even enjoyed the position. I LOVE IT. It turns out that helping people enjoy vacation completely gratifies my soul and heart and I wish to continue in the industry. I have a few co-workers that I have really appreciated to get to know and my manager is someone I can look up to and also use as a tool for helping me out if I were ever to need some time off or time on. I greatly appreciate all the guest and employees of the hotel and it has taught me the basics or introduction to how hotels work. I am looking forward to more difficulty and responsibility so that I can keep going with my dream of one day owning a hotel or co-owning a hotel for myself. This was why I started with Ace Parking to learn the better half of working at a hotel, helping guest check in and giving directions to locations that they would appreciate. A typical day ranges anywhere from 40 to 300 interactions with guest, moving cars, and helping loading or unloading bags. The hardest part of the job is to fully appreciate the job because it has only been part time and I work best under a full schedule.
Often stressful and tense working enviornments
Operations Manager (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 12, 2015
Not always a rewarding job, but at times can be fun at times. Difficult position of being a smaller corporation, but still try to keep a laid-back culture creates friction between upper and middle management.
everyone get along fine
Parking Attendant/Cashier (Current Employee), Fresno, CAJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: holiday pays
Cons: need cleaner work environment
a customer can give you a bad day, but your coworker can put a smile on your face
Hard worker and a fast learner.
Cashier (Current Employee), Fresno, CADecember 31, 2014
I love being around people and enjoy making their life that much easier by helping them with whatever obstacle they may be going through. From past jobs and schooling I've learned great communication skills, problem solving skills, how to be a team player, or how to just work alone. I always get along great with co-workers never had a problem with anyone, or them with I. I think the hardest part of any job is when you first start. When you first start any job they have their own rules and regulations, so of course remembering all that can be tough , but its minor.
Fun work place getting to meet new people everyday
Supervisor, Jason Stewart (Current Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 29, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: no health care benifits
This is a really busy Hotel that I work at for ace its a fast pace workplace meeting new people everyday. The most enjoy able workplace ever.
Stressful, high demand low benefit management position.
Location Manager (Former Employee), Westwood, CADecember 26, 2014
Pros: i could park at the hotel
Cons: no breaks due to immense amount of responsibility.
A typical day would start with me coming in the morning and dealing with guest service issues that had occurred the night before.
Lost keys, Vehicle damage, employee issues. Prepare daily financial reports. Attend Hotel Meeting. Prepare location to host parking for a special event at the hotel. Reserve offsite lotts, add employees to schedule for help. Cover employees meal breaks. Performing their duties while they were on break. Ensure all duties were done for smooth transition for evening manager.

The greatest thing that I learned with this company was patience.

The hardest part of the Job was the amount of responsibility coupled with the lack of authority along with the lack of training. So most of what I learned was by trial and error.

The most enjoyable part of the Job was freedom to manage my own responsibilities.
Energetic and fun event staff
Traffic Director (Current Employee), Oakland, CaDecember 22, 2014
Pros: the energy during the events.
Cons: fluctuating hours
A typical day at work consist of being around die hard A's fan who are there to cheer on the team while you create a safe family environment.
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee), San Diego, CADecember 11, 2014
Pros: awesome co worker
Cons: the bank drop box
Charge parking customer daily rate. Log all required paper work. Very easy to learn. Punctual when relieving co worker. Take all money earned to the bank drop box after shift. Solidary and steadfastness.
noce place
Cashier (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 9, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: short breaks
It is nice place to work especially the friendly team in work environment. the management team are so good and helpful. i like the customer service by the cashier position. the company have alot of over time for its workers
very great work play nice staff and guess
Captain/Valet (Current Employee), washington dcNovember 19, 2014
Great Company , I just moved to a new area .staff is wonderful understanding and easy to talk too . hours are great and you always get tips ever day.
A great place to work!
Valet (Current Employee), San Diego, CANovember 17, 2014
Pros: easy to get hired.
Cons: no health care.
A typical day at work starts around 2:00 PM and goes until 10:30 PM, but there are several other shifts depending on where they place you.

Upon clocking in I would greet all of my co-workers and we will talk about the day prior, and what to expect for the current shift. We might also ask each other how our weekend was, etc. One thing about working for a large corporation is that there is a culture, and a community to share life events with.

2 o'clock is generally a slow hour, but the pace can pick up at any moment. So you have to be ready! Most people arrive at the hotel from the hours of 3 PM until 6 PM. From 6 PM till about 8:30 PM is go-time. That's when everybody is getting ready to go out for the night, head off to dinner, and go explore the beautiful Gaslamp of San Diego.

Depending on what my role is for the day, I might be running to fetch cars, issuing tickets, or performing the captain roll by scanning in and scanning out tickets, counting money, and greeting guests with general questions and answers.

Most of the management seems to be skilled in their profession, diverse in culture, and bring several positive attributes to the team.

Co-workers range anywhere from young and up incoming professionals in their early 20s, to men and women in their late 40s and even 50s. All from diverse backgrounds and different walks of life.

There is nothing really hard about this job. Fortunately, there are only a few responsibilities for a valet. Your main objective is to issue a ticket, park a car, and greet guests with superior customer service. This comes easy to me.

I think that the most enjoyable part about this position is the freedom within the company. An example would be: the ability of the management to give you requested time off, and flexibility with your schedule.
Great
Site Supervisor (Current Employee), San Diego, CANovember 16, 2014
Would recommend it
Treat employees very well
Awesome workspace with energetic, dedicated staff.
Valet Parking (Current Employee), San Francisco, CANovember 3, 2014
Everyday you aim to perfect your parking. You experience working at different events dealing with all types of customers that expect different tasks of you. If you like driving its a great job to have because you are constantly around cars. Depending on your location it can be fast-paced, slow-paced, or a mixture of both. Overall ACE is pretty understanding and helps you decide what schedule and placement is best for you.
Hard working productive facility
Maintenance/Cashier (Former Employee), San Diego, CANovember 3, 2014
Pros: learning how to work a cash register
Cons: having little sercurity at graveyard shift
I've learned how to work with a cash register also perform cash drops. The co-workers that I've worked with were very friendly open minded always wearing a smile.
busy work place it can be fun with the right team/co workers
Valet (Current Employee), Okaland CAOctober 21, 2014
current employee for 1.5 years. (valet) its been an okay job for now. not so great for tips. Management is nice to there employees. There are some people that just don't want do the work while others do all the work. There's the good and the bad. The hardest part is about this job, well how do you know if one is telling the truth. The most enjoyable part of the job is PAYDAY $$$ hard earn money.
Fun place to work at a hotel
Valet/Cashier (Former Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 1, 2014
Typical day at work will consist of writing valet tickets to guest arriving to the hotel that will visit for a couple of hours or stay overnight. I learned about all of the different type of cars and the way that they drive and ideas of how to run a valet drive. Management was great and will work with the schedule that best met your needs with your outside life. Coworkers were great and will always work as a team but sometimes could get greedy when it came to tips. Hardest part of the job would be trying to stay self-motivated after a couple of guest have not given any gratuity. Most enjoyable part of the job would be that I would get to drive different type of cars everyday and sometimes it would be some of my favorite vehicles.
Ace Parking
Cashier (Current Employee), San Diego, CASeptember 12, 2014
Pros: interaction with customers
Cons: wages
great employees
good workplace
great working experience
good part time job
i worked in a booth at a lot
Cashier (Former Employee), San Diego, CASeptember 5, 2014
i didnt really enjoy this job to much because i didnt do alot of things.i didnt have any room for advancement

1 2 3 4 5