ACE Employee Reviews

Great Place to shared idea
Director (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 18, 2017
Project ACE is a domestic violence prevention and awareness group. It's a student run non-profit organization that carry out different workshops and information tabling about domestic violence.
Pros
Experience
Cons
nonprofit
Fast and easy
Ace janitor services (Current Employee) –  Covington, LANovember 16, 2017
Ace is really not a bad company to work for its just u only get paid once every month $500. I'm a person who loves to work on a daily basics but working at Ace u can only work 2 hours 5 days a week.
Great place to get your foot in the door
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Princeton, ILNovember 8, 2017
ACE DC had great supervisors and would be willing to work with you if you go and talk to them. The people that work there are all nice and willing to help you if needed. The hardest part of working there is keeping up with your rate. I think in general that ace is a great place to work.
Pros
Great work environment.
Cons
Lunch food is a little expensive.
Productive good atmosphere everyone is pleasant
Maintance Worker (Current Employee) –  Long Island, NYNovember 7, 2017
Productive good atmosphere everyone pleasant. I learned that working here products growth, on hands training, certifications, job developments, training
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Short Breaks And Health Care
Fair
Maintenance/Janitorial Crew (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 3, 2017
Its a little fair, i would not say its the best, but it got me where i needed to go. I just moved on to find something better and i did. Now i work for the Doe fund.
Good
Good
Maintenance/Sanitation Crew (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 31, 2017
7:00 am moving garbage bags from side walks so people would have a clean side walk.meeting peoples from different parts of life..the hardest thing about working downtown is many people are in the way but ,be nice and move around..
challenging rewarding
Manager (Former Employee) –  Seagoville, TXOctober 29, 2017
Great environment to work in. Fast paced and detail oriented driven atmosphere. Customer service and product availability are very important. I love the hardware business.
A Unique and Rewarding Work Experience
AmeriCorps Member (Former Employee) –  Santa Cruz, CAOctober 19, 2017
Working for American Conservation Experience was an eye-opening experience in how it put me in an environment that at times forced me to go out of my comfort zone. There was never really a dull moment, whether out camping on our various projects or spending time on our off-days at any of the housing locations, in Santa Cruz, South Lake Tahoe, or Dulzura, California. I met all kinds of new people, and nearly everyone shared interests in working outdoors and meeting new people.
I enjoyed learning new techniques of conservation work, such as those involved in trail maintenance and leaving as little an impact as possible when working in the wild. Each project I was on offered a new place, new faces and things to learn. While the somewhat hectic lifestyle of constantly moving from backcountry areas to the houses was often stressful and never quite certain, I felt that this challenge only gave me more experience and strength to overcome uncomfortable situations.
It was always stressful
Sales (Former Employee) –  Sumiton, ALOctober 16, 2017
The manager was always rude to his employes and, he was never fair. Typical day at work was okay, I learned a lot at Ace Hardware. The culture wasn't very friendly
Pros
The customers was always friendly
Cons
Rude management
All in all it was a good company to work for.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Chino, CAOctober 5, 2017
It was a fast paced working environment but co-workers were very easy to work with and they were very helpful whenever there was something I did not understand how to do. Manager was a little hard to work with due to the fact that sometimes he would just give me a task and not explain exactly how to do it.
Pros
No free lunches but owners would bring workers something to snack on or drink
Cons
Healthcare wise it was not the best.
Ace
Delivery Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Plainville, CTOctober 5, 2017
Deliveries at multiple stores of high end alcoholic beverages. How to drive around the entire state of CT. The management was not very organized. The management. The driving.
Pros
Travel
Cons
managment
Great part time job for students.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Rocky Hill, CTOctober 4, 2017
A good part time place to work. Offers flexible hours. Reasonable vacation time as long as 2 weeks notice is given. The downside is an inconsistent schedule and fluctuating hours.
This job sucks
Cleaning Technician (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 28, 2017
I wouldn't work for the company again. The managers act like they can't answer questions. They don't keep good cleaning supplies. It is just a temporary job for me, I work fulltime for a better company. Just need the extra money otherwise I would have already quit.
great experiance
Salesman (Former Employee) –  United StatesSeptember 20, 2017
got to travel the country almost every major city. listening to good music sellinf merchandise and keeping track and count of all the profits. all in all most likely my alltime favorite job
Very flexible working enviornment
Vice President (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 31, 2017
Employees can pick their own schedule of available jobs. Perfect for Students or for secondary income. Days range from a minimum of 3 hours to 10 depending on the job.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Some early or late hours.
Productive Friendly Work Environment
Maintenance/Janitorial Crew (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 30, 2017
Travel around to different parks and plazas and maintain designated areas. The hardest part of the job is learning the trains to take to get to where you need to go.
it is a fun work place
Maintenance/Janitorial Crew (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 19, 2017
the best people i ever work with and the people are always are willing to help you at any time of the day this is a good place to be and work for at any time
Pros
the people are great here
Cons
10 min break ever hour
fun workplace
Customer service; Staff (Former Employee) –  Point Reyes Station, CAJune 15, 2017
Learned to work as a costumer service. good team player. hard part learning everything at once. Most enjoyable part of my job was working with my coworker taking step by step learning my job duty.
Pros
Paid vacation
Cons
no raise
We had a nice calm and productive work space
Paid Internship (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJune 1, 2017
ACE is an after school program that introduces you to careers in architecture, construction management, engineering and other disciplines. ACE is your chance to learn about different construction industry careers and discover which one might be right for you. It's also a great way to connect with other students who share your passions
Great Opportunities
Certified Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Millersville, MDMay 27, 2017
Very great certification to have for any fitness fan. I use my certification as a trainer for the fire department that I work for and also as a group fitness instructor.