ACE Employee Reviews

Good platform for a fresher
Solar-Battery Technology Engineer (Current Employee) –  Pulaski, TNNovember 20, 2016
Good company to start your career in Solar industry. Not a great company when it comes to paying compensation. The best part of the job is the versatility of the job and scope for involvement in various teams in the company.
Fitness Staff Supervisor
Representative (Current Employee) –  Pikesville, MDNovember 14, 2016
Responsibilities include: Design and implementation of exercise program for all ages. Managed the fitness floor; overseeing the safety and well-being of individuals. Personal training: performed fitness assessments for clients and developed tailor made exercise programs for all ages.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Not enough hours
Good pay and treated me with respect.
In Home Care Provider (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLNovember 4, 2016
The Company treated me with respect and tried very hard to obtain additional hours of employment for me. Easy to communicate with.
Pros
Good hours. Good pay.
great company
Maintenance and Janitorial Crew (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 20, 2016
I open and close city plazas all over New York City. I set out tables and chairs, sweep, change garbages, water plants. I also power was the plazas. Also help set up the plazas for special events. I work with the Parks department and the Department of Transportation. The most enjoyable part of my job is interaction with the community. I love when people tell me they appreciate my work.
Pros
I work in beautiful neighborhoods.
Cons
it is only a part-time job
I am sad that our time with ACE/Chubb is ending.
Premier Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Salem, VAOctober 11, 2016
Working at ACE/Chubb has been a pleasure I have been given opportunities that have allowed me to prove my skills and knowledge.
Interaction with residents in the community
Maintenance/Janitorial Crew (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 6, 2016
Working Part-time with ACE has allowed me to exercise my talents as it relates to maintenance and keeping things organized.
I'm relatively new to this section of Manhattan; hence I'm learning new areas and new districts of the city.
ACE's work schedule enables me to handle personal business and affairs.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Pay rate
Great place to work with a positive environment and ability to grow.
Senior Recruiter/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Glenview, ILOctober 4, 2016
My experience at ACE was extremely positive. I was brought on as a Senior Recruiter overseeing the Northeast working with managers nationwide. Within four years I was promoted to manage and initiate the centralization of recruiting for the Worksite Division where I developed a recruiting plan/strategy for a different side of the business. This opportunity was a very positive one. I gained extensive recruiting experience, gave presentations to hiring managers, worked with a team of nine recruiters where we shared best practices weekly along with discussing recruiting strategies for our respective areas. Every day brought different challenges and obstacles as insurance agents are not the easiest recruit. I would say that recruiting for 100% commission sales agents had to be the most challenging, however when we hit our goal it was very rewarding.
Pros
Experience/Opportunity
Cons
Tough to recruit commision sales agents
Customer service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 4, 2016
First sales then moved to customer service for a hourly wage instead of commission in sales. First started in sales for credit repairs. I was given a salary based pay for the first 4 weeks, an opening came in customer service for a hourly wage and filled that postion
Pros
NICE ATMOSPHERE
Cons
TO FAR TO DRIVE
Great insight on how the Workers compensation law works
Workers Compensation Claim Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTSeptember 14, 2016
Insurance can be complex, however, working in the field of workers compensation was very eye opening. I really enjoyed this position, the interaction with lawyers, employers and medical professionals gave me a complete different outlook on not only the law, but how workers can manipulate the system,
Pros
Great learning experience
Cons
Laid off
Good Place to work
Family Advocate/Acting Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GASeptember 8, 2016
ACE had a good work environment. I enjoyed to opportunity to work with the people in community as well and the businesses and agencies in the area. This was a new state initiative at the time. I composed a board that had the heart of families of all socio economic backgrounds. Establishing new programs and reaching those in need was impactful.
Pros
Linking the community with much needed resources
Cons
The availability of resources
High work volume. Need to multi task.
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Needham, MAAugust 30, 2016
High phone call volumes, high email volumes. Need to answer phones and emails immediately for emergency service calls. Schedule and update schedules for technicians to service customers throughout the day.

Enjoy doing different tasks throughout the day, such as updating payroll daily for technicians. Setting up new customers for service. Also, checking warranties for restaurant equipment for billing. Also, enjoy being around and talking to my co-workers.
Pros
People, work environment.
Cons
Long Drive
Freedom to develop personally
Assistant Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TNAugust 29, 2016
A typical day involved contacting employers to schedule meetings in order to discuss placement for people with disabilities. The management was personable and willing to listen. The hardest part of the job was dealing with some violent clients with disabilities.
Pros
autonomy
Cons
vaccinations
Great company culture ---too much work on adjusters
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 29, 2016
The company itself is great, they really appreciate their employees and treat you fairly well. However as a claims adjuster we are overworked and expected to meet unrealistic goals. Our claim load is above most in the insurance industry and out turn over is ridiculous. The training is all over the place which is probably why the turnover is so high. You cannot expect people to do a great job when they have not been trained properly .
Nice place to build your resume up at
Custodial Worker (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 16, 2016
I am Custodial Worker i work outdoors sweeping and changing garbage cans i make sure all storefronts are clean and 19 feet away from the curb
Pros
the experience
Cons
no benefits, the pay
Security for Hard Criminal Inmates
Office supervisor (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 11, 2016
Securing inmates, escorting to court, feeding in side of cell and monitoring 46 inmates a day.
Never trust inmates or criminals.
Management is always there to help with problems from inmates when locking down cell blocks.
Hard working co-workers and helpful when needed.
When fight break out, or witnessing dangerous situations is a mental challenge.
Do not have to bring your own lunch its provided for free.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Risky
My outlook on the job
Maintenance Professional (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 20, 2016
It's a great place to work , they they also help you with other job training. ACE really helps you focus on your goal. It also have great benefits they offer.
Do not have an oppinion
Do not have an oppinion (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 17, 2016
took calls, customer service skills, ok people. liked helping people. not a bad place. dealing with difficult customers
great place
Billing and Quoting Specialist (Current Employee) –  Needham MAJuly 6, 2016
Great place to work. Very casual. Yearly increase. Nice co-workers. Easy commute. I like working there. I have learned a lot.
Claim processor
Mail Clerk / First Report Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJuly 3, 2016
The hardest part of the job was processing documents, daily audits daily meetings with management.
The process of training new temporary staff, making sure you are following company's compliance. Citi is a grest place for continuing your education and career development and advancement.
Creating new claims for inbound calls.
Pros
Helping People
Cons
Irrate callers
Overall it is a great company to work for.
Underwriting Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJune 27, 2016
A typical day is to ensure all clients are satisfied at the end of the business work day.

Very hard to pinpoint what you learn, due to the fact that everyday is different and you cannot compare what happend yesterday with what may happen the next business day. According to what the status of the problem is you can learn something new everyday.

My self personally, I have no and never encountered any problems with management.

My co-workers within my department are very friendly and easy to get along with, but becasue the company is very large it's impossible to judge others. The company overall is a very comfortable atmosphere to be employed.

The hardest part of the job is when a client have a request concerning new exposures that requires additional funds and they are not satisfied with the final outcome.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when you have a PERFECT day, no problems and my co-workers as well as myself have a wonderful day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ACE. Our community is ready to answer.