Acelero Learning Employee Reviews in United States

Acelero Learning has the potential to become a great place to work.
Pre-School teacher (Former Employee) –  1220 Mound Ave Racine, WIJanuary 22, 2016
Certain management has shown to be unable to enhance the training and teamwork of selected employee's causing a non-cohesive environment. Also there is inefficient training that happens retrospectively which unfortunately staggers work performance. Sadly, management's partiality was a mainstay which caused a rift between employees. The highlights of my days were the interactions I shared with my students. As a result, I have learned self worth, teamwork and perseverance.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Poor mangement
Will Chew you up and spit you out
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 19, 2015
Acelero is a horrible place to work, no raise, no bonus, the only people who get advantages is administration and higher, they don't care about their staff the turnover rate is ridiculous at least 20 ppl a year are fired or QUIT, they dot keep anyone for too long because they don't practice what they preach
Pros
no pros
Cons
everything about that place
The worse
Health Coordinator (Former Employee) –  LaGrange, GANovember 30, 2015
This program just started and so far it's obvious they have no clue what they doing. They don't communicate because they don't know how. There is no process for approving and placing children in the program which is why they started so late and have to keep rescheduling opening dates. Unless you like working in an unorganized, chaotic, and stressful environment then DON'T DO IT.
Pros
Loved my colleagues
Cons
Management, culture, lack of organization, lack of communication, and greed!
Stepping stone opportunity.
Director of Budgets, Grants & Contracts (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 1, 2015
Crammed office - lack of privacy.

Disorganized management and lack of funding and job security.

Small nonprofit with no real growth opportunity.
Pros
Near public transportation
Cons
Small crowded office
The worse place to work
Case Manager -Home Based Teacher (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJMay 20, 2016
I used to work with children in a great environment. The personnel and all the staff were great. I learn a lot with them and they used to provided with continue education which was an A+ .
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Low Salary
productive
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJApril 20, 2016
interesting day to day work. good environment for the children. good academics and education that is given to the young children. kind to their faculty
The only good thing was the people I worked with!!!
Head Toddler and Preschool Teacher (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJJuly 30, 2012
I can say the only thing I really enjoyed was the relationships I built with the families and the children. Kids are a little rowdy and need a lot of structure and guidance. The comnpany itself has too many poilicies apart from head start policies to follow. They have a 14 step diapering policy to follow!!! Crazy!!! Every week there is something added to our job description. There is no possibility of advancement and no raises within the company!! Management walks around with their noses up in the air. They say they are about the children but in reality they are all about themselves!!! I would not recommend anyone to work here!
Pros
vacation time
Cons
pay, job duties, location, management
children are wonderful
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 17, 2015
working here was such a good and bad experience. The good experience was that I was able to be a role model to all the little children and was able to give some love to some kids that don't get that at home. The bad was that the management was or is really bad the center director wouldn't be far to all her employees and she would not schedule the employees that wouldn't play her way and she would be to different people all nice in front of the parents but once they would leave she would completely changed.
Pros
weekends off
Cons
to much preforance
Excellent Head Start Program
Director of Education (Current Employee) –  South Amboy, NJMay 13, 2014
Acelero Learning's mission is to close the achievement gap. This is a serious goal and requires serious work and commitment. The expectations for staff members are extremely high because the expectations for children are extremely high. Supporting and nurturing children while also supporting families takes a large effort and a lot of time. Staff members are expected to work extremely hard, but that hard work is awarded through career advancement and compensation opportunities. Support is abundant. Feedback is taken very seriously, and changes are made toward continual improvement.
Pros
pay (far better than most child care providers), benefits, dedication of staff
Everything isn't what it seems....
Former Teacher (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJAugust 10, 2014
When working for Acelero you must remember it is a for profit company which for me was always a conflict. I could never understand how a company profits from low income disadvantage families/children. They say they want to "close the achievement gap" but I never felt that was their purpose while I worked there. I felt like they did many things to look good on paper or when it was time for a federal review. There was often a disconnect between the community they serve and the company particularly at the management level because they believe it a one size fits all without respect to the culture of the community. The amount of work they expect from you would be fine if the pay matched as well but it doesn't. It is true they pay more than your other early childhood program down the street but what Head Start program doesn't. The other issue is they have these high expectations but they didn't provide the necessary support. I think the company can provide you with experience for your resume, but it is not a company you can grow with.
Pros
hmmm...
Cons
not enough support, unreasonable expectations, salary
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Carteret, NJDecember 7, 2015
I do not want to review this company at this time due to personal reason. My apologies for the inconvenience if any. Thank you
Worst place
Early Childhood/Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJFebruary 23, 2013
Worst place to work. They treat employees like garbage. The Owner of the company only cares about money. They don't care about children's education, only money. Upper management should have to go to training on how to treat people. I've been teaching for 7 years and have never been treated in the manner they treat employees. No one is on the same page, communication is horrible! The salary was the only good thing but that only because I was in an Abbott center so they got district funding. Wish I could give 0 stars.
A Head Start program like no other
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Monmouth County, NJOctober 24, 2013
After receiving a perfect federal monitoring review (zero deficiencies), it is apparent that this company has a very high standard of excellence. Everyone is very aware and committed to the mission of closing the Achievement Gap. There are more advanced tools to assess child and family outcomes then I have ever seen in a preschool program. The company truly cares. The benefits are pretty standard, the time off is great, especially after years of service, and it is a fun atmosphere, full of people who care. It is a pleasure to be making a difference here.
Pros
401k match, time off, feeling fulfilled
Cons
very demanding
Run and Keep running
Classroom Advocate (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WisconsinAugust 27, 2015
I never thought that I would have anything bad to say about a learning institution, but this company is bad. You are over worked and terribly underpaid. The staff look at the parents as if they just caught a stomach virus and they do not speak to you. You train, train and train and you never advance. Just more work to do but no more pay. Please stay away because whatever this mentality is you definitely do not want t get it.
Pros
Cons
Over worked and under paid
Busy, hardworking, challenging & rewarding environment
Home Based Visitor/Lead for Head Start grantee (Former Employee) –  Monmouth & Middlesex countiesSeptember 4, 2012
As Home based Visisor I was responsible for minimunm of 12 families living accross two counties....for a long time I juggled 16 families. These families were low income families with varying needs, with children ranging from infants to 5 yrs; some of these childen had special needs, i.e. behavioral, physical, or cognitive. My role was to educate parents (whose children were not enrolled in pre-school)how to provide education, health & social emotional skills to their children to ensure they were prepared for Kindergarten in the same way that their middle income peers were. I would educate the parents & children in various domains such as math, english,cognitive, social-emotional and problem solving.

As Home Based Cordinatr, I had to manage a team of 5-7 people, covering a total of 63 Home Based families. Head Start Performance standards needed to be adhered so in order to be compliant with our federal grant.
Pros
medical benefits, 401k, assistance with further learning, good supprt network
Cons
wide geographical area, many families to juggle with, short staffed
Best job ever
Controller (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 7, 2015
A work day was doing all financial duties. A/p, a/r, and all other functions. I learned how to handle the federal funding of a grant and how to go about allocating funds to various departments and levels of the office.
My coworkers were great to work with and my boss was a treat person to work for. The hardest part of the job was when the CFO changed hands. Conflict in procedures
The most enjoyable part of the job was our staff meeting and staff training. Once a year we would go out of the office and do group training to strengthen our relationship with one another
Pros
Great working enviornment
Cons
No cons
Fun yet stressful
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Middlsex CountyAugust 23, 2015
All the colleagues got along well and were understanding however, did not help each other out as much. The environment was very welcoming overall. Dealing with children is always tough but it was something I personally loved because I knew I was helping them in one way or another!
Good people, with good hearts.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  NJFebruary 27, 2014
The expectations are high, in a good way. Co-workers are friendly, and make you laugh. The kids are great, they will keep you on your toes, and give you lots of hugs and laughs. The hardest part is paperwork, it can be a lot, but for good reason.
Pros
good health benefits, good work atmosphere, all about helping the kids achieve and kindergarden ready.
Cons
short breaks
Productive and Everyone works well as a team.
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Neptune City, NJApril 17, 2013
Walk around in the classrooms making sure everyone has what they need.

Checking in with the Center Director

Making deposits in the Bank for the extended day program.

Help parents with translations

Help the Bus kids get on the bus by the end of the day

Sort the inventory.
Pros
flexible schedule.
Cons
short breaks and health benefits
Good Trainings and opportunities for advancement
Family Engagement Advocate (Family Worker) (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJJune 1, 2015
There have been a lot of recent changes and turnover is high. They are always training and supervising the work and also provide opportunity for advancement in some areas, It is a good place for teachers and new social workers to gain experience and knowledge.