Acelero Learning Employee Reviews

Stressful work environment
Center Director (Former Employee) –  Perth Amboy, NJMarch 8, 2017
Tension describes the atmosphere.
I learned I needed some Microsoft Office training.
Management lacks of social skills.
Diversity is accepted.
The hardest part of the job was to comply with requests of all departments of the corporation, leaving unattended escencials of the childcare.
Nothing to enjoy
Pros
Cons
Stressful environment. Personel don' t last.
Management doesnt care about their Teachers
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 28, 2017
Huge turn-over rate, very inconsistant work environment.
They pretty much hire anyone just to have a body in the classroom, which makes it hard for those of us with Degrees that actually do want to Teach.
No support system behind you; big expectations with observations, assessments, ILP's and lesson plans, with below level pay and hardly any planning time during work hours to finish anything. Friday is supposed to be a work day but with the constant classes and meetings, it is a joke to get any real work done.
If you are serious about wanting to Teach, do yourself a favor and scroll by this job opening.
Pros
The kids
Cons
Everything: benefits, money, work expectations.
Fine work place
Kitchen Assistant (Current Employee) –  Racine, WINovember 3, 2016
It's a nice place to work. They offer good benefits. We get a lot of paid time off for holidays, matching 401k, and health insurance. The staff and management are easy to work with.
Kids were the best thing about this job
Extended Day Teacher (Former Employee) –  Racine, WIOctober 7, 2016
Understaffed and undertrained. Management needs more training, when staff were low management didn't step in to help instead pushed extra work on the employees. There is no employee appreciation. Bad management makes good employees leave.
Pros
Pay and children
Cons
No extra coverage, understaffed, rude management
False Hope - *Stay Away*
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Monmouth/Middlesex, NJOctober 5, 2016
Acelero will promise to work with you and teach you the skills you need to do your job. In actuality, all they care about is money and numbers. They treat employees as thought they are dispensable and treat teachers as though they are trash. I worked there for 8 years and realized that no one truly cares about how hard you work or about advancing your career. They pile on work for little pay. The most enjoyable part is that I actually made a significant difference in a lot of families' lives over 8 years. The worst part is management doesn't care. Don't let them tell you they will help you teaching certification because they won't.
Pros
Families are incredible, some co-workers truly care
Don't even bother
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  South Amboy, NJSeptember 19, 2016
The employee morale is very low. A high turnover rate. The building is unsafe, especially for a school with small children. Very little security. The facility is also very unsanitary. Employees don't have their own restroom. We are forced to use a small and very dirty bathroom in the director's office, which offers very little privacy. The employees are also very cliquey. If you are an outsider, be prepared to be treated as such.
Pros
Company pays for lunch often.
Cons
Building is not safe and very dirty, no designated bathroom for employees, high turnover rate, parking can be an issue, if the school is closed good luck getting inside
Official response from Acelero Learning
September 26, 2016

Thank you for providing your feedback. We will address your concerns with Management and Facilities. We do take staff morale, safety, security and cleanliness very seriously. There is a staff lounge with a bathroom available to all employees that may have been more to your liking. The doors are locked with access to only cleared individuals. As we operate in a school building, we have to utilize the facilities provided therein. We will take all of your feedback for further discussion and action. Best wishes in your future endeavors. -Human Resources Management

Dont work here
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 23, 2016
This place has horrible management. The center directors are afraid of the Educational coordinator so much that they will throw their staff under the bus not to get reprimanded. The center directors do not have a clue what they are doing and will go as far as to tell a lie to get you to do what they want you to do. I claim they want to bridge the "achievement gap" between family and school, but careless about bridging the gap between teachers and management. I would be surprised if this place is open within the next year.
Pros
I loved the kids, there are plenty of supplies
Cons
Management lie, they do not care about the workers, they are inconsistent
Inspiring, Energizing Place to Make a Difference!
Vice President (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 21, 2016
I've worked for Acelero for 10 years and believe it is truly a unique organization in the early childhood world. I've worked with incredible people who are all committed to closing the achievement gap. It's big enough to really have an impact on the ECE and Head Start sector -- but small enough that it still feels like a family.
Pros
Mission-driven, innovative, values open communication and teamwork
Cons
Can be hectic at times
The worse place to work
Case Manager -Home Based Teacher (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJMay 20, 2016
I used to work with children in a great environment. The personnel and all the staff were great. I learn a lot with them and they used to provided with continue education which was an A+ .
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Low Salary
Excellent learning environment.
Health & Disability Advocate (Current Employee) –  Racine, WIMay 4, 2016
Fun place to learn and move on...love my current co-workers in my site,accurate and efficient communication between departments is outstanding.
Pros
Every day is different.
Cons
Too many meetings, supervisors expect employees to complete projects on a short notice on tight deadlines.

Want to know more about Acelero Learning?

Ask a question
productive
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJApril 20, 2016
interesting day to day work. good environment for the children. good academics and education that is given to the young children. kind to their faculty
Acelero Learning has the potential to become a great place to work.
Pre-School teacher (Former Employee) –  1220 Mound Ave Racine, WIJanuary 22, 2016
Certain management has shown to be unable to enhance the training and teamwork of selected employee's causing a non-cohesive environment. Also there is inefficient training that happens retrospectively which unfortunately staggers work performance. Sadly, management's partiality was a mainstay which caused a rift between employees. The highlights of my days were the interactions I shared with my students. As a result, I have learned self worth, teamwork and perseverance.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Poor mangement
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Carteret, NJDecember 7, 2015
I do not want to review this company at this time due to personal reason. My apologies for the inconvenience if any. Thank you
The worse
Health Coordinator (Former Employee) –  LaGrange, GANovember 30, 2015
This program just started and so far it's obvious they have no clue what they doing. They don't communicate because they don't know how. There is no process for approving and placing children in the program which is why they started so late and have to keep rescheduling opening dates. Unless you like working in an unorganized, chaotic, and stressful environment then DON'T DO IT.
Pros
Loved my colleagues
Cons
Management, culture, lack of organization, lack of communication, and greed!
Stepping stone opportunity.
Director of Budgets, Grants & Contracts (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 1, 2015
Crammed office - lack of privacy.

Disorganized management and lack of funding and job security.

Small nonprofit with no real growth opportunity.
Pros
Near public transportation
Cons
Small crowded office
Run and Keep running
Classroom Advocate (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WisconsinAugust 27, 2015
I never thought that I would have anything bad to say about a learning institution, but this company is bad. You are over worked and terribly underpaid. The staff look at the parents as if they just caught a stomach virus and they do not speak to you. You train, train and train and you never advance. Just more work to do but no more pay. Please stay away because whatever this mentality is you definitely do not want t get it.
Pros
Cons
Over worked and under paid
Fun yet stressful
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Middlsex CountyAugust 23, 2015
All the colleagues got along well and were understanding however, did not help each other out as much. The environment was very welcoming overall. Dealing with children is always tough but it was something I personally loved because I knew I was helping them in one way or another!
children are wonderful
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 17, 2015
working here was such a good and bad experience. The good experience was that I was able to be a role model to all the little children and was able to give some love to some kids that don't get that at home. The bad was that the management was or is really bad the center director wouldn't be far to all her employees and she would not schedule the employees that wouldn't play her way and she would be to different people all nice in front of the parents but once they would leave she would completely changed.
Pros
weekends off
Cons
to much preforance
working at Acelero
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Racine, WIJuly 22, 2015
Acelero is a one in a kind of job they have lesson plans for you all ready for you. you learn different goals that the children take
Will Chew you up and spit you out
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 19, 2015
Acelero is a horrible place to work, no raise, no bonus, the only people who get advantages is administration and higher, they don't care about their staff the turnover rate is ridiculous at least 20 ppl a year are fired or QUIT, they dot keep anyone for too long because they don't practice what they preach
Pros
no pros
Cons
everything about that place

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Acelero Learning. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9