Acelero Learning Employee Reviews

Worst Employer Ever
EHS Teacher (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVFebruary 1, 2018
Does not treat employees fairly and higher management lies alot and does not support you. You get in trouble for other doings and it is alot of favorites.
Pros
Paid Time Off, Off holidays, Off weekends
Cons
Everything else
Hard part of new hires
Lead Early Head Start Teacher (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 7, 2018
High turnover rate, management changes alot. No training provided, you are put into a classroom and are not trained on paperwork that is required for the job.
Pros
Time off
Cons
Short breaks
January 17, 2018

Thank you for your feedback regarding your employment with us​. ​​I'm sorry to hear about your experience. ​We are hard at work competing with the marketplace. In the last year, our turnover rate has decreased by 13%. We look forward to our ongoing improvement in this area. We have a 3 day orientation process and a Teacher Onboarding plan. Our goal is to set our employees up for success so they can provide the children and families with the highest quality services. ​I encourage you to speak with your manager and the HR department regarding your concerns, as we are constantly trying to improve our processes and collaborative relationships. We ​continue to strive ​towards ​our mission of closing the achievement gap which is no small feat. Thank you for your contribution to this effort.

Professional and great company to work for
Family Service (Current Employee) –  LaGrange, GAJanuary 2, 2018
Shine Early is a great company with good benefits. The atmosphere is friendly. Management is fair and there is opportunity for advancement. I have seen many people move up in the company.
Pros
team buildings, positive work environment
January 8, 2018

Thank you for the positive feedback! We value your thoughts, and of course, your service to the children and families we serve. Please tell your network about our opportunities as you know what it takes to be successful here and we have a great Employee Referral program as well! Ask HR if you have any questions. Thank you and keep up the great work.

Stressful, High demanding, managers with a lack of knowledge
Director (Former Employee) –  New JerseyDecember 30, 2017
Good pay, benefits, and paid time off. Highly stressful environment while being micromanaged by various people with no background in field. High turnover rate.
Pros
Good salary and benefits
Cons
Micromanaging, turnover rate
Decide for yourself
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Racine, WIDecember 23, 2017
I don't have to tell you anything. The turnover rate speaks for itself. I will tell at the one center I was at lost 20 staff members in a 14 month period and that includes 3 directors. Dont get me wrong the benefits are great so as an individual you have to decide if it is worth it. As for atmosphere. My advice is before you apply go visit a center in the city you are looking. As soon as you walk in look around and see how many staff members are smiling.
Pros
Vacation time/Healthcare
Cons
No support for teaching staff.
January 17, 2018

Thank you for your feedback​ and I'll be sure to pass this along to our Director of Education regarding the concern about support. ​​We strive to set our employees up for success in their role so they can best serve the children and families in the program. In regards to turnover, unfortunately, we are competing against higher salaries and benefits of the district and other educational organizations.​ Despite this, we are happy to say that we decreased our turnover rate by 13% in the last year.​ Our employees have to be truly dedicated to our mission and making a difference in the lives of children and families everyday. I'd encourage you to speak further about your experience with our HR Department. You may call 262-456-2054. Thank you.

very fun and family oreinted
TEACHER'S ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 18, 2017
great place to educate your children. Very organized and energetic helpful work place. Acelero truly cares about the children engaging in their learnig. They keep them safe and active but also learnin. Very family oriented there.
January 2, 2018

Thank you for your positive energy and feedback! We surely do care about the children in our care and also the families, and of course, the staff, that make our child and family outcomes what they are (above the national average for Head Start programs). Thank you!

Wonderful coworkers and rewarding job
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Neptune City, NJNovember 28, 2017
I was in charge of providing the children with a safe , age- appropriate activities that stimulated their learning.

My coworkers were/are wondering women that truly care for the children and love them dearly.

The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing the children grow and reach their milestones . Plus working with such great coworkers .
Pros
fun enviroment, flexible schedule
Cons
lack of hours
January 2, 2018

Thank you for your positive words! We're so glad you enjoy working with us and serving our children and families, and truly making a difference in their lives.
We are looking for a full time Substitute Teacher for Monmouth County, to be called in as needed to our various locations in Monmouth. If you are interested, please speak with your manager and apply internally. Thank you!

Company lacks to meet the needs of children and families
10.5 Month Lead Head Start Teacher (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 16, 2017
DO NOT WORK HERE!!! Perks are great, but the work is complicated on so many levels. Staff turnover is very high including management and teachers. Program is too complex for the children they serve.
January 17, 2018

Thank you for your feedback regarding ​your ​employment with us​. ​​I'm sorry you find our protocol complicated and complex. We pride ourselves on making great gains for the children and families in our program and that is no easy task. We have outcomes greater than the national average for Head Start. You can be sure you are truly making a difference with the work that you do everyday. I encourage you to speak with your manager and/or our HR Department about your experience as we are constantly trying to improve our processes and collaborative relationships. You may call 262-456-2054 to speak with HR. Thank you​.​​​

Challenging
Health and Disability Advocate (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 15, 2017
Rich place to work with multi diversity populations, working with low household income families is rewarding and challenging, overall a great place to build a relationship with families and promote education to the community.
Pros
Great team building, high learning environment.
Cons
High stress
January 9, 2018

Thank you for being a part of the team and for your positive feedback regarding your experience with us. Please be sure to utilize our Employee Assistance Program and of course, your paid breaks and time off for valuable mental health days. We appreciate your contribution to our mission of closing the achievement gap and building a better future for the children and families served by the program.

Poor Work Environment
TEACHER'S ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 6, 2017
Poor Management
Lack of support for challenges
Workplace culture is amazing, everyone is friendly and willing to help you. Newer staff made the decision to leave easier. The hardest part of the job was not having the proper support. Management moved teachers around to staff a new school and left the older schools understaffed and underfunded. It was disappointing because I loved my job.
Pros
Paid Time Off, Insurance, Good Pay, Great Work Hours
Cons
Poor Management, Little to no Support
January 16, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you had a positive experience with your environment and coworkers. Regarding your concerns, I would encourage you to speak further with HR so we can learn more as we are constantly trying to improve our processes and collaborative relationships. You may call HR at 702-387-0179.

Poor management and unsafe work environment. Has Mice!
ERSEA Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 2, 2017
The employees tend to stick together within the company, however dislike for management is evident in employee morale, parent interaction, and attendance. It was as if a tornado blew threw the building everyday due to poor training.
Stay Away
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 31, 2017
This company provides no staff support and management only listens to other management in all situations. the turnover is high due to the lack of disrespect management has for their employees. staff meetings are held for feedback yet staff is never taken in account.
nothing
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Racine, WIOctober 27, 2017
nothing nice to say so won't say anything
only nice is that it helps children
management was very unsupported
way too much paperwork
the most enjoyable thing was the children
Pros
lunch breaks
Cons
no support
November 20, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry to hear that you've had a poor experience with us. We encourage you to reach out to the HR Department so we can further discuss your experience in a meaningful way. You can reach out to HR by calling 414-716-5294.

Acelero Overview
Family Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 23, 2017
This company is fair. It needs improvement in order to sustain it's contract in Milwaukee. There has been a change in management. It is hard to determine the direction of the company, at this time.
January 18, 2018

Thank you for your feedback regarding ​your ​employment with us​. ​We pride ourselves on producing positive outcomes for children and families, higher than the national average for Head Start. We are certain that we continue to make great strides on this front. This may include exciting changes in management that result from internal growth of our employees. You can be sure, the direction of the company is and always will be to close the achievement gap and build a better future for the children and families we serve. Thank you.

Productive and fun workplace
Substitute Teacher/Bus Aide (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 4, 2017
Acelero Learning was one of my best jobs. My co workers was fun, energetic,and loyal people. The pay could of been better, and gave me more hours but overall I was pretty satisfied.
November 20, 2017

Thank you for your positive feedback and of course, for your service and dedication to the children and families we serve!

very Competitive and too many bosses in charge
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA 19121September 21, 2017
Over worked less pay. I been working here a year now and to have too many bosses and supervisors in charger can be overwhelming. Everyone is not on the same page and too many people telling staff members what to do and its always on the contrary.
Pros
Students take naps also plenty of trainings are available.
Cons
less pay
January 10, 2018

Thank you for your feedback regarding ​your ​employment with us and I'm sorry to hear your concern. We would welcome the opportunity to learn more regarding your experience as we are constantly trying to improve our processes and collaborative relationships. Please reach out to the HR Department at 215-235-3196. Thank you.

Don't apply!
4K Teacher (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 21, 2017
Probably one of the worst companies I have worked for. Stressful work environment, constant meetings, no consistency with teacher placement, changes all the time. They are a false representation of Head start. You are not allow to teach Alphabet and #'s or have it posted on the wall. The curriculum is made for you and not always age appropriate. Classrooms have mixed age groups, which at times gets really rough with behaviors. They are all about the money and do whatever to keep their enrollment and their grant. Management micromanages and you are constantly having to go through coaching sessions in which they video tape you.If you really love to teach and are passionate about this field, this is not the place for you. You have so many deadlines and paperwork, you will not even have time to work with the kids like you would like. If you want to be in constant stress and walking in egg shells, please apply! Good luck to you!
Pros
weekends and paid holidays
Cons
Management, inconsistencies, work load, the way staff is treated
October 4, 2017

We're sorry to hear you've had a negative experience with us. We certainly don’t want any employee, current or former, to feel this way. We value our research based curriculum and the outcomes it has led to for the children we serve (higher than the national average for Head Start). Our mission is at the forefront of all of our work and we want all of our staff to feel the same way. I encourage you to speak with the HR department to further discuss your experience and we can investigate any specifics, if applicable. You can reach HR at 414.716.5294. We hope you will continue the critical work of serving children and families to close the achievement gap.

worst experience ever
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Freehold, NJSeptember 8, 2017
Acelero Learning was one of the worst job experiences of any other jobs I have had in the past. The lack of professionalism and lack of respect was unethical and not humane.
January 18, 2018

We would like to learn more regarding your concerns as we are constantly trying to improve our processes and collaborative relationships. We are proud to share that we have not had any turnover on our Freehold teaching team since October 2016, which leads us to believe that our current team works together collaboratively and respectfully, and we are always striving to create an even stronger team. Please reach out to the HR Department at 732-952-5145.

Fast-paced, bottom line focused
Head Start Center Director (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 7, 2017
Greeting parents and children in the morning. Observing classrooms and teacher interaction. Verifying immunization and attendance records, ensuring necessary compliance at all times. Checking bathrooms, classrooms, hallways, stairwells to insure cleanliness and compliance. Collaborating with case workers, Disabilities Coordinator, Health Director and other administrators for various reasons.
acelero
Teacher Assistant-Fulltime (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJSeptember 5, 2017
Great place to work. Not paid enough. Too many rules. Staff isnt friendly at times. Certain staff are on a high horse. Theyre definitely favorites in this place.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Acelero Learning. Our community is ready to answer.