Acero Precision Employee Reviews

Stay away
Manufacturing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newtown Square, PAAugust 31, 2016
These people have no respect for their employees what so ever. They treated their engineering interns like complete you know what. They put them in positions that they were not hired for and screwed them
OMG!! Run away as fast as you can!!
CNC Machinist (Current Employee) –  West Chester, PAMarch 8, 2016
Upper Management is so snobby, better then everyone else, average employee stays 6-8 months...until something better comes along. This is a sweatshop at its finest, 12 month construction project that is still going on 4 years later. Medical implant devices made by immigrants who shouldnt even be working in the US. Unbelievable that the Gov't hasnt shut them down yet
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Roof leaks, janitors promoted to managers, COO should be a manager at a gas station
fast pace shop and very clean
Operator (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAApril 12, 2016
Typical day I come in and get assigned to a machine or two by the cell leader. Then I would figure out the jobs that are being ran on the machine look at blueprint and learn the part. I would also be doing in-process inspection on the parts that are being ran and adjust the offset accordingly. If I ran the job completely through I would then switch to the next job and change the collets out and tools for the job using the set up sheet provided with the job. I was also asked to debur the parts in the down time between parts.
Former Employee
Former employee (Former Employee) –  West Chester, paJanuary 18, 2016
They work you to death. The owner yells at everyone. Curses at you. You feel like your walking on eggshells. It's a revolving door. The place is awful. Everything has to be spotless and appearance is everything.
High-paced and needs dedication
Machinist's Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAMay 19, 2014
-Co-workers very personable and helpful
-Fun to create a part and get it right
-Long hours
-Learned everything I know about manufacturing
Revolving door
Sr Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  West ChesterMarch 8, 2015
Management acts on a whim without thought of the results of their consequences. they sell you more than they can deliver. will under pay the plant employees. No HR department to speak of.
Don't read into the lies, management is workaholics who don't respect employees
Machinist (Current Employee) –  West Chester, PASeptember 9, 2015
Positives

Clean Work Environment
Free uniforms
Unlimited Overtime

Negatives

Where do I start. All I can say i've never been fed such a huge amount of lies from anyone, you'd think they are con-artists. All they talk about is how amazing the place is to work, and everything they do for the employees. They plan on building gyms, training classes, temporary housing for out of state interviewee's (b/c they pushed all the good local people to quit), but none of the current employees care about that all.

All upper management cares about is appearance. They have easily 10+ custodians cleaning the shop on a daily basis. They have highly qualified welders / fabricators running around the machines with touch-up kits fixing any sort of paint chip. The entire shop must remain SPOTLESS at all times. Doesn't matter if you are doing machine maintenance, deburring parts, or setting up a machine. They will gladly let you know that your area isn't clean enough, doesn't matter if you are working like mad to get things done.

Next up is the horrific air quality conditions. All the machines have oil / vapor collectors, but none of them work correctly, which causes oil vapor to be released into the air. During a sunny day, you can see a fog of oil in the air from the skylights. OSHA has been in twice in the past 8 months regarding this and nothing has been done to improve it.

Employees are generally overworked and stressed out. Management sets unrealistic deadlines for customer deliveries and expect the employees to work even more hours (50+ minimum a week) to try
  more... to reach their deadlines. Generally, employees are not happy and do not want to be there. I have seen 15 people quit in the past year alone.

These are just a couple things; I could go on for a while. Just trust me, If it seems too good to be true, then it most likely is. Run far away.
Pros
See Review
Cons
See Review
Unorganized, focused on appearance not production
Class 1 Machinist (Current Employee) –  Newtown Square, PAAugust 11, 2013
Good place to start if you have little skill in manufacturing. The lack of organization and mind set of keep the spindle running is frustrating at times.

Comment – April 28, 2014

Excellent place to work if you are a skilled professional and have attention to detail. Acero has been in business for more than 30 years, in process of building an 80,0000 square state-of-the-art factory and growing in sales at a steady pace every year. Clearly, this is an organization of and for winners!!!

Comment – April 28, 2014

I am a machinist at Acero Precision and I can tell you that you must be highly skilled to produce parts for the motorsport and medical device industries. The person who wrote this negative comment insults the rest of us hard working and talented employees!

Review
Logistics Coordinator, Kitting Department (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 5, 2013
Typical Day: 7:30 am to 5 pm. Coordinated logistic plans between vendor and clients daily. Delegated tasks between different departments.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Acero Precision. Our community is ready to answer.

2.2