ACES

ACES Employer Reviews

A difficult environment .
Vocational Teacher (Former Employee), Hamden, CTMay 24, 2014
Pros: students who were amazing.
Cons: students who had too much anger and defiance.
I taught classes in food service.
I learned how to run a restaurant and how to help students learn to do restaurant jobs.
Management gave me freedom to work as I felt best.
C0-workers were the best part of the job. Students were the hardest.
Rewarding and educational workplace
Psychology Intern (Former Employee), Hamden, CTMay 23, 2014
A typical day at work includes helping students with class work and engaging in group discussions. Since all of the students in this high school have been diagnosed with emotional disturbances/mental illness, I learned how to help students cope with emotional and behavioral problems. I was assigned a one-on-one student whom I was one of the primary – more... support sources for. This was the most enjoyable part of the job because I was able to see the positive effects on this particular student. – less
Mentor
Mentor/Co Instructor -Temple University (Former Employee), PennsylvaniaMay 16, 2014
I love this job because I got to help people and learn about their disability
Excellent ABA Therapy program for autistic population
Behavior Interventionist (Current Employee), Irvine, CAApril 26, 2014
I am a behavior interventionist working with autistic children in their school and home environment. With the use of ABA therapy, I have a variety of knowledge regarding this population. Before working with this organization, I knew nothing.
Busy workplace
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee), Peoria, AZApril 15, 2014
Pros: work with others
Cons: low pay, no training
A typical work day is never the same. You never know what to expect here. It makes it difficult when there isn't any real proper training. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to work with youth and attempt to make a difference in their day.
Challenging yet fun workplace to see growth and progress in young students.
Team Leader (Current Employee), Jenny Lind Elementary School, North MinneapolisApril 7, 2014
Pros: consistent schedule, no weekends or late nights, work with people, free tickets to minnesota sporting events
Cons: lower pay, no extra hours available, can be emotionally and mentally exhausting
The program is broken up into segments, so a normal day is meeting with my class for a snack before going up into the classroom. We start with a fun game or icebreaker, followed by half an hour for the curriculum which the program provides for me to teach. After curriculum we help the students with their homework and projects, or they are expected to – more... read quietly if they have none, and we end the day with choice time where they pick to either go to the computer lab or the gym, and then they are dismissed to their buses. Before and after program we have team meetings to get everything prepared and go over information, also discussing highs and lows of the day and concerns with any students. It is challenging to work with the students most days because many have behavior issues or are academically challenged. It can be an emotionally exhausting job, but it is very rewarding to invest into these kids and to see growth happen. My management is dedicated to helping us as individual teachers, which i appreciate, and they help us with the students to keep control and order in the classes. Kids are not my greatest strength, so it has stretched and taught me a lot about patience. It has been a great experience for me overall. – less
Productive and Fun Workplace with Children
Behavior Interventionist (Current Employee), Irvine, CAMarch 10, 2014
A typical day as a behavior interventionist consists of constructive play with children with autism. I learned a significant amount about the autism spectrum disorder, as well as how to track data on specific behavior and symptoms of the disorder. One of the most enjoyable parts of the job is getting to know the client and their families. You easily – more... become one of the family and feeling comfortable in someone else's home makes the job easier on you and the client. On the flip side, there are some set backs to the job. It is very physical and you can often be the subject of some hitting and biting from your clients. Overall, the job itself is very rewarding. – less
Aces Services
admin and personal assistant (Former Employee), Houston, TxJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: company closed its doors
Was an admin and personal assistant to a small business. Provided inbound/outbound call, AP/AR, Ordering material and supplies, passing out of payroll, also did light Manuel labor as needed. (painting, drywall,etc.)
Fast-paced environment
Systems, Standards, and Compliance Director (Current Employee), Irvine, CAJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
In my position there is not a typical day. I handle special projects, process development, and project implementation. I have learned how to work with a wide-variety of people, how to develop creative solutions, and to think outside of the box with new processes.
Enjoy giving Kids a positive place to learn
Stonecreek Site Manger/ Program Leader (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CADecember 4, 2013
Pros: school staff positive and supportive
Cons: more hours put in than program was able to pay for
Promote public and school interest in the program. Take meetings with parents, community members, teacher, and other school staff. Write sub lesson plans, and review program leaders lesson plans. Manage any disciplinary problems with students and sure to keep all school staff involved in the actions that took place. Make sure all lesson plans are being – more... fallowed, students are safe, students are having fun, and students are getting work done. – less
Flexible and positive environment
Behavioral Therapist (Current Employee), Honolulu, HIOctober 2, 2013
Great at being flexible with clients and therapists needs. Very positive environment
Great company
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee), Oneonta, ALAugust 13, 2013
Pros: they pay all travel expenses to and from strikes.
Cons: ob nurses paid more than icu and er nurses
Best paying travel nurse agency in the business. Strike pay is excellent.
Very busy work place
Tutor/Mentor (Former Employee), Fresno, CAAugust 12, 2013
Each Autistic child was very different. Every day was a completely different session with each child. Most sessions were stressful and very hard to keep up with, depending on how the child was feeling that day and how they engaged that day.
Flexible, awesome boss
Business Communications Analyst (Current Employee), Washington, DCApril 22, 2013
ACES is a great place to work at. I work directly with the owner and the executives because of which, I have learnt a great deal of management experience and techniques to run small business. I have a great flexibility to create my own schedule and I enjoy my work, everyday is a new day and an experience.
Really fun place to work!
Behavioral Interventionist (Current Employee), El Paso, TXApril 1, 2013
Pros: fun, co-workers are always nice, you receive a lot of help from co-workers
Cons: very little hours, not a full time job unless you work management
I love my co-workers, the environment and simply everything! If you are in the field of Behavioral Therapy this is the place to stay! The supervisors and lead BI's are always very helpful.
It is what it is
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee), Berkley, CA/Alta Bates Summit medical CenterMarch 27, 2013
Pros: once your contract starts, you wont hear from them.
Cons: once your contract starts, you wont hear from them.
A small mom and pop company with a very southern flavor. You must be a self starter cause this company don't hold hands ever. You are on your own from day one. ACES don't do loyalty. They do assignments. Take them as they are. and you will have a decent contractual experience.
Really bad benefits
Behavior Interventionist (Current Employee), Orange countyJanuary 11, 2013
Pros: training ( at half your pay becuase of a training rate)
Cons: no paid time off, no room for advancement
I really like working for Aces I have learned a lot and enjoy my job. But only after 6 months I am looking for another job. I work almost 37hrs a week and the benefit package is high ( which I can understand with these tuff times ) What I will never understand is I am working 37hrs every week I will never get any sick or vacation time!! Never!! That – more... luxury is only given to supervisor and salary employees. If you want to work full time and never get paid time off because you’re sick or you need a vacation then Aces is for you, trust me there are plenty of other company that have the decency to pay their employees time off. Aces is a for profit company and they refuse to invest in their employees. Very sad. – less
Autism
Behavior Interventionist (Current Employee), Irvine, CAJanuary 4, 2013
Working with the company has given me a different assumption of autistic kids. While working with them at school or either in their homes, the company has given me a variety of skills. From being trained in ABA therapy to working with the different techniques like DTT and PECS, I enjoy working with the company.
they don't know how to treat there employees
Insulation Installer (Former Employee), Norman, OKDecember 26, 2012
if they talk more then everything would have ran a lot better
Great job for a person going to school
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Monaca, PASeptember 28, 2012
Pros: friendly people
Cons: low pay, no advancement possible
A typical day here is coming in and making sure the displays are set up nicely and that the store has a very clean appearance. Our stores money needs to also be accounted for and is every shift change as to eliminate employee shrink.

Handles Customers issues and explains NEW store procedures upon them changing on a regular basis.

About ACES

Ace Hardware Corporation is a retailer-owned cooperative that operates primarily as a wholesaler of hardware and related products, – Read more