ACES Employee Reviews

still employed
Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 25, 2017
still employed in after school care, I enjoy working with K-5, my program is very fun and organized and I always look forward to coming to work each day.
Great place
Lead Behavioral Interventionist (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 16, 2017
I was with ACES for almost three years and i loved it! I ran the social skills group for the company, and the management is very supportive. I would definitely go back.
First job
Student Employee (Former Employee) –  Alfred, NYApril 18, 2017
It was the first job. Started when I was 18 and been working since my first day of college. This job help me start my drive to better myself and I had great managers who treated me like their daughter, sister, and friend
Pros
Friendly, Great People
Cons
Operations of Management
I liked the clients...that was it
Behavioral Interventionist (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAApril 1, 2017
You're training is sub-par and the management will tear you up. The clients are the only worthwhile achievement you feel and even then the managers restrict how much you can interact with them. If you're worried about their mental health, too bad. Someone in management will have a talk about your misconduct since it's only focused on behavioral issues. Also, you don't get paid for all the miles you drive. If you change your availability they cut your hours hard and your manager will get on your case. I felt the environment was hostile and not welcoming. I had one nice manager, and she ended up leaving. Plus the timekeeper was the worst program for storing hours. There were several paychecks that came up short. Be weary of this company.
Pros
The clients are great and you can have lots of fun watching their progress
Cons
Poor management, hostile work environment, contradictory standards and rules, inconsistent flow of environment
Fun, happy environment
Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mankato, MNMarch 29, 2017
A typical day at work would be spending time with the children and providing them with activities to do.
I have learned so much about children and how to communicate well with them.
My supervisor is amazing and is very friendly.
The culture consists of being positive and supportive of each student .
The hardest part is when there is conflict between children and finding a way to resolve it.
The most enjoyable part is when the kids are happy and having fun.
Pros
Working with the children
n/a
individual aide (Current Employee) –  Hamden, CTMarch 28, 2017
I loves working there, i love the staff, everyone there is friendly and treat each student like their own, they go over and beyond to make sure each kid needs are met.
Fun place to work. Excellent people
Accounting/HR (Former Employee) –  Coeur d'Alene, IDFebruary 10, 2017
I loved working at ACES. The people are wonderful. If it were in the budget I would still be there. Hopefully I will be able to go back in the future.
Exciting job.
Food Server (Former Employee) –  Alfred, NYFebruary 6, 2017
Met a lot of people that I still have very good relationships with. They make you feel like your not even working because it's a very comfortable job. The people are very nice.
very unique job
Behavioral Therapist (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 6, 2017
I learned very much from this job. Its very rewarding job as I work with autistic children. Each everyday I work with my client, I found myself joy and blessed. ACES is very big company so the management is very organized. I liked this job because you get to work with many people. Hardest part of the job was to not knowing what to expect from my client. I specifically performed therapy with my client at a high school. Sometimes when I drive there to work, and client do not show up, I had to go home without getting paid or getting notified.
Pros
flexible time
Cons
no paid time leave
Most of the employees made place fun to work at
CADD Operator (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAFebruary 5, 2017
Would have been a fun place to work at if experience would have been extended and work was seen for what it was. The department I worked in was very small and the other employees were very small minded and shallow.
Welcoming staff you see weekly or monthly
PT (Current Employee) –  ETS, Hamden, CTJanuary 30, 2017
Provide PT services daily to multiple schools in one district
Services had broad scope depending on program
Supportive administration from ACES staff
Very busy with all or most documentation happening at home
Students best part of the job as well as staff training
Pros
Flexible schedule with school vacations
Cons
Itinerant with may expectations and schedules to work around
Loved this place.
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee) –  Hannibal, MOJanuary 14, 2017
The clients were really fun to work with. I bonded with some of them. I would get up and be ready to go in the morning. I would get there to work and some of the clients would smile as I walk in the door. One perticularly I thought had a crush on me. He was really nice and loveable. All the clients here had brain injuries. I was so sad to leave but I was moving out of state.
Pros
Loveable Clients, Great Staff
Cons
No Heathcare, . Not full time
opportunities for advancement, but disorganized internal structure.
Behavior Interventionist (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CADecember 19, 2016
Company is very disorganized. job responsibilities are not clearly defined and poor company structure lends itself to a work environment that is inefficient.
Aces
Behavior Interventionist (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 28, 2016
After employment of about one year I resigned due to ethical and work-culture conflict. Company does utilize great technological resources. Management varies. Job itself of working with children was enjoyable.
Excellent culture and team work
Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Cedar Falls, IAOctober 8, 2016
Good clean and up to date equipment and work atmosphere.
Actual kitchen area for break room
Great co-workers and management to work with
Opportunity for professional training and advancement
Pros
Occasional free lunches and clothing
Babysitting
Babysitter (Current Employee) –  Homer Glen, ILSeptember 28, 2016
I watch over a boy who is autistic. We start with homework every and then proceed to have lots of fun together. I cook and clean as well for him as well. It is a very fun experience and I love my job here. This is part time and about 2-3 days during the actual school week. He is like a little brother to me and I love making a difference in his life.
Pros
Having a very close friend and making a difference in his life.
Cons
He sometimes loses control but I calm him down.
Fun environment
local Travel required
reliable transportation a MUST
Regrets
Behavioral Interventionist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 1, 2016
The management is terrible. They tell you to contact them if you have any questions but yet they hardly ever answer and if they do it's days later. The supervisors are hardly ever around to supervise. Throughout the hiring process they sell you on this dream of being able to get full-time hours which is only possible if you're a favorite or in the circle. The training is terrible. It's basically looking at a screen for 8 hours a day for about two weeks. When you get a new client you basically are just thrown into the situation with very little knowledge about the client. It seems like there are always technical issues. Most people act like they're in a clique and don't even bother to help those who are new. Once I got hired everything went downhill.I found out that people QUIT there ALL THE TIME hence that is why they are ALWAYS hiring. I do not recommend this place unless you want to be stressed out all the time on whether or not you'll be able to pay your bills and if you want to constantly feel lost in the dark because your questions barely get answered.
Pros
The kids
Cons
Favoritism, Clique kind of environment, Terrible management, Training is terrible, Too many technical issues
Very rewarding work
Behavior Interventionist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 22, 2016
The work is extremely rewarding. However the compensation and benefits are lacking for the amount of work and dedication that employees who work there for more than a year deserve.
Great place to learn culinary
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Hamden, CTAugust 15, 2016
I attended ACES to participant in their culinary class for 8 months and became ServSafe certified.
I am currently looking for part time employment in this field.
I have learned so much and want to keep going in this direction
Pros
Got to eat the food we cooked in class.
Cons
Will miss the Chef and the other classmates

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ACES. Our community is ready to answer.