ACES Employee Reviews in United States

Productive & family oriented company
Field Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 5, 2016
Great small family owned business however due being a smaller business opportunity for advancement in the company was not an option. Management was very flexible and professional.
Productive and Funwork place
Summer Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCDecember 8, 2015
Typical day would have campers up early for breakfast Then progress through the day with activities.
Learned that are many people in this world and we choice who we are but it is up for those before us to be guiding stones so that we may grow to help one another instead of hurt
The management was the best no one seemed angry to be there or have bad attitudes everyone loved kids
I couldn't ask for the best group of coworkers they were always jolly and excited to interact with kids
Hardest part was remembering certain children were allergic to things and not everyone agreed on the same activities
Most enjoyable was interacting with the kids
Pros
Great people and Atmosphere
Cons
There isnt any thing bad to really say
My Dream Job
Behavioral Interventionist (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 11, 2016
I have been working here for about 2 years. I feel highly supported by my supervisors and coworkers. If you love working with children and enjoy an entertaining, yet challenging work experience, this is definitely the job for you. I learn new things every day from coworkers, supervisors, and even my kiddos. In this job, you have the opportunity to meet new people and interact closely with families change and improve their lives. Finding this job through Indeed was the best thing that ever happened to me. The hours may not always be guaranteed because this is a client based job. If you are in it for the money, you are in this career for the wrong reasons. If a client cancels, either take this time to yourself to relax, or find some subbing hours.
Pros
Continuous learning, continuous fun
A fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 26, 2016
After finishing my shift I got to enjoy swimming and their work out class. Management and co-workers where ok. everything overall was ok.
Pros
getting to know other people
Cons
short breaksoverall was
Helpful, productive and fits well
Academic Coach (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNMay 11, 2016
It fit well into my school schedule and helped me through my educational practicum. Aces also does a good job managing their positions and are very merciful for days that I needed off. The kids were challenging, but provided enough challenge that it grew me.
Pros
Teaching, good bosses, fun work environment
Cons
If you don't like working with kids it may not be for you.
I love it becaue i love working with kids
Leader (Former Employee) –  Gibsonville NCOctober 8, 2015
My day I love it from the beginning until the end. Management was fine enjoy working with them. Got along with my co-worker fine. The hardest part of the job was getting the children to listing sometime. Just working with children and seeing their little faces lite up when they would see me.
Pros
Enjoy worrking with the children
Cons
wasn't a full time job
Aces
Behavioral Interventionist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 2, 2015
This is a large reputable company located in downtown San Diego. During your 1-2-3 weeks of training you are responsible for your own parking and parking downtown is horrible. you put into a room and asked to compete various modules which are not too hard but very time consuming. The only part of the training I appreciated was the "hands on" because it was small group oriented and you received more one on one attention. I gave my availability early on and have only had one client and that client cancelled and have had no replacement clients. There's no one to refer to or talk to...you are left to fend for your own hours by trying to sub and those jobs get taken quickly. It's a good company by name but zero one to one attention and varying supervisors. You sucked up into a black vortex of no one knowing who you are and caring about you getting hours. it is vary lonesome and sad.
Pros
Reputable company...well known
Cons
zero people to go to for any one your needs and concerns...just another number.
Great place to work and outstanding team.
Behavior Interventionist (Current Employee) –  Escondido, CAApril 19, 2016
Great place to work and outstanding team. Interactive staff and encouragement of growth as an individual and team member.
Fun, friendly and outgoing
Therapist/Counselor (Current Employee) –  Wallace, IDSeptember 28, 2015
I work hard to make everyones day special. Great iffice staff, great clients.
Great area to work if you enjoy hunting and fishing.
I work in all phases of clinical therapy and work with 1-1 clients, family sessions, and group sessions.
Pros
Rural area, great people
Cons
weather
Terrible employer
BI (Former Employee) –  IrvineMay 2, 2016
Trust me, this company is horrible. The positive reviews are probably from the employer. lol. No stable hours. You literally have to fight for the hours with other employees. They sent out emails for substituting, and there were so many employees that needed work. I worked with other supervisors and they were not compassionate, and they were very unfair. One time, the supervisor watched me help a child, and she said I did fine. Then she sent another supervisor and watched me to make sure I did things correctly. The second supervisor said I did a great job at work. Of course, I knew my job. If I didn't know something, I always asked. One day, I received a call from my supervisor, and she said the family didn't think i have enough experience, so they dismissed me from the case. Okay..the family did not have any experience with working with kids who have disability. How could they tell that I couldn't do my job? They pulled me off the case, and I really needed the hours (I have bills to pay, you know?). The funny thing was my "supervisor" trusted the family. Hello? didn't you and the other supervisor confirm that I could do my job? At least, give me another client. Of course, they didnt give me anyone. Any way there were other unfair situations. I worked here 10 months and I couldn't take it anymore. so of course, I quit this job. When I called my "coworkers" for support, no one answered their phone. There was no support, and most employees here didnt really like their jobs. How did I know? You could tell by looking at their "sad" or "neutral" faces. I mean, these employees  more... probably didnt have enough hours themselves. I don't blame them. One employee told me that she needed more hours, and she was looking for a secretary job. Isn't that sad? Only a few people actually looked happy being there. The job was lonely, and every day i came to work..I was afraid the "supervisors"might dismiss me and I lose my hours. Every time, they called me, it's like you are afraid they might fire you. By the way, i knew how to do my job. I was not entertaining like some employees toward their kids. I could teach my kids. My kids showed progress while I was there. Trust me, get away from this employer.  less
Pros
Cons
Everything is horrible, supervisors, horrible culture

Want to know more about ACES?

Ask a question
Very Fun and exciting place to work
cashier/truck dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJuly 27, 2015
ACES was a fun and exciting place to work. I learned to supervise a group of children and tutor students. I was able to polish my communicating skills while talking to parents about issues concerning their children. My title was a program leader and my responsibilities were to ensure the safety of students while on school grounds after regular school hours.

The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the students overcome something that gave them a hard time and being able to solve problems together.

My co-workers were fantastic and I loved the environment. This job was never boring.
Cons
Inflexible hours. I cannot keep this job and finish school at the same time.
Great environment and peiople
Behavior Interventionist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 5, 2015
I loved working here. I was able to see may different children and interact with their families. As well as building great relationships with my co workers.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
certain hours are only available
Really bad benefits
Behavior Interventionist (Current Employee) –  Orange countyJanuary 11, 2013
I really like working for Aces I have learned a lot and enjoy my job. But only after 6 months I am looking for another job. I work almost 37hrs a week and the benefit package is high ( which I can understand with these tuff times ) What I will never understand is I am working 37hrs every week I will never get any sick or vacation time!! Never!! That luxury is only given to supervisor and salary employees. If you want to work full time and never get paid time off because you’re sick or you need a vacation then Aces is for you, trust me there are plenty of other company that have the decency to pay their employees time off. Aces is a for profit company and they refuse to invest in their employees. Very sad.
Pros
training ( at half your pay becuase of a training rate)
Cons
no paid time off, no room for advancement
Scheduling is difficult, but it's very flexible.
Behavioral Interventionist (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 19, 2015
Trying to increase hours can be very difficult. Tried to contact the scheduling department, but no email was returned. Hours are flexible and it can be worked around busy schedules.
A well structured work place and a great organization. Room for advancement is limited.
Teachers Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hamden, CTJune 26, 2012
Aces is a great organization that prides themselves on keeping a friendly work environment for its staff. Room for advancement in the company is limited. A typical day would consist of instructing teenage students through classes such as language arts, math, science, and social studies. During the six hour school day we would also take students out into the community for work based programs. These programs allow students to work in hands on environments where they can earn money while going to school. Management was very fair and courteous towards all employees. The hardest part of my job was not having a complete interest in my position. Advertising, marketing, promotion, and sales are things that I studied in college and are areas that I have profound knowledge in, and enjoy. This job was more of a convenience for me because it was local and I obtained the job immediately after my graduation from Southern CT State University. The most enjoyable part of the job was acting as a positive role model in the lives of many young people, and helping those who had both physical disabilities and learning disabilities.
Pros
great work atmosphere
Cons
health benefits package
Great job to grow and awesome realationship between clients and caregivers
Behavioral Intervention Therapist (Current Employee) –  Concord, CAOctober 7, 2015
My job is very rewarding. Helping a child reach a goal and seeing them grow is the part part of my job. Each child is different so you will experience a lot of different behaviors.
fun work place
INDIVIDUAL AIDE (Current Employee) –  hamdenJuly 7, 2015
Administration in the building is unreliable, feels like to need to have connection to get a promotion, however the staff and the kids make it a very nice place to work.
ok
Assistant Secretary (Former Employee) –  Chatom, ALSeptember 29, 2015
The company is no longer under the same name, but i enjoyed my time there, and the experience. It was a helpful situation in the midst of a bad situation. Very thankful in the end.
Behavior Interventionist, Therapist
Behavior Interventionist, Therapist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 29, 2015
• Implemented Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA) programs to clients with Autism and/or other special needs.
• Developed programs that focused on decreasing maladaptive behavior an increasing social/ communicative skills.
• Consulted parents or guardians regarding clients’ progress and goals.
• Documented and updated clients’ charts and medical records.
• Supervised clients in school settings evaluating social interactions.
Horrible, just horrible.
Behavioral Interventionist (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 23, 2015
The short amount of time I worked there I encountered nothing but catty females who wanted to fire you if you didn't conform to their shallowness. The communication in the front office was horrible, on a good day. You can really tell they lack compassion for what they do.
Pros
Working with awesome kids
Cons
everything else.