acet

acet United States Employee Reviews

Never even let me know I was hired.
IT Support (Former Employee), Austin, TexasMarch 16, 2015
Pros: they were there when the other contractor got kicked out (by acet)
Cons: no communication at all, will get dinged for training you were supposed to do, when you didn't know you were supposed to do it.
When I was hired, it was for a different company. Through some legal bindings, the other company being forced out of the job area and ACET was the contractor we had to move over to, or lose our jobs. An unfair thing really, just cause the other company loved their employees and would always have someone to contact about any issue you had(if any).

I filled out my application for them and waited a response. Nothing. No one called, no one emailed. I only knew I was hired cause I came in the next work day, a Tuesday, and was told I was hired yesterday and had a verbal warning against me because I had no filled out my timecard. No information was sent to me, even though the company had ALL of my contact information. My supervisor had to send me any login credentials, since they sent that information to her instead of myself. Login credentials for things like company-given email logon, timecard logon, intranet logon.

I think a great thing is I almost got reported to the higher management when a training was supposed to be completed. But like I said, no one made any contact so I never knew.
Nice place to work
Lead Security Analyst (Current Employee), Washington, DCSeptember 29, 2014
Unable to work from home, great benefits, good healthcare and Management is pretty goo.
Vitual position with restrictions
On-Boarding Coordinator - National Service Desk (Former Employee), VirtualApril 11, 2014
Pros: working from home
Cons: limited communication with management and stagnant training
I thought this company has a lot of potential to be a great all around employer. The position was a government contractor position, so it took a long time for the security clearance to go through (4 months). Training was a bit slow also. However, I loved the idea of working from home. Would have liked more communication with my immediate supervisor to discuss ongoing projects, team dynamics, training and expectation. I learned a lot about IT methodologies and the function of a government help desk. I'd rather work in an office again.

acet Salaries