acet Employee Reviews

Life at ACET
Proposal Coordinator (Former Employee) –  VASeptember 14, 2016
No Work From Home (WFH) policy. Apparently a long time ago in a land far far away....the owner found out someone was taking advantage of the WFH policy so now he trust NO ONE. Either you come in or you do not get paid. Oh, and if there is a hurricane outside or a blizzard in the winter time, either you come in or you do not get paid. OR YOU TAKE PTO.

Great policy huh?
Pros
Many Pros
Cons
Not many Cons
Productive and Fun
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 18, 2016
I really enjoyed my time as a contractor to the Veterans Administration/NSD. Enjoyed my tasks and working with a good team. Learned alot.
Great company
Service Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAJuly 6, 2016
Great benefits, great fair supervisors! A pleasure to work for. Very easy going company to work for....................
Stay Away
Service Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 24, 2016
It's a 24/7 IT call center. Management doesn't really care their employees just a body in a seat or another number. Co-workers were mostly awesome. Constant calls coming in from all over the country as we started picking up more calls from other sites. High turnover rate. No 401K and low pay. Micromanaged.
Pros
N/A
Cons
Micromanaged, Low-pay, High Turnover
Alot of turn over with senior management.
DBA/Tier II Analyst (Former Employee) –  Martinsburg, WV 25405March 19, 2016
Unclear about future of contract. No opportunity for advancement and no opportunity to talk to possible new contractors. End of contract was unannounced.
Pros
Co-workers were exceptional
Cons
No leadership roles
IT Proffesional
Cyber Security Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hines, ILFebruary 24, 2016
Superior skill in Computer, Networking and applications.
• Proven leadership abilities in customer service and Network Administration environments.
• Highly motivated work ethic Expertise in LAN/WAN networking, PC and server software/hardware repair and
upgrades.
Decent job
Service Desk Leader (Current Employee) –  Dublin, GAJanuary 21, 2016
This job requires you to maintain copious amounts of information and apply that knowledge to each individual user call.
Growing company; recently graduated from Small to Large Business
Corporate Proposal Manager (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen Proving Ground, MDJanuary 6, 2016
ACET is a good company to work for. The people are its greatest asset. I found proposal efforts to be true team experiences, both internally and working with external teaming partners.
Pros
Social Activities and internal morale boosters, e.g., Christmas decorating contests between offices and occasional Happy Hours.
Cons
Grwoing pains of moving from Small Business to a Large Business in the Federal marketplace
Contractor IT
Service Desk Technician (Current Employee) –  Batavia, NYSeptember 8, 2015
Receiving calls daily regarding simple computer issues from VA Employees.
Mostly changing passwords in Active Directory or helping with Outlook/Excel issues.

Management blankets all operations. Metrics are top priority.

Co-Workers are friendly and knowledgeable.

Hardest Part of the job is 95% sitting.
Pros
Close proximity to lunch area. Benefits, Quarterly sick-time payout.
Cons
Long interview period
Enjoyable place to work, People get along great, job is challenging
Network Monitoring Specialist Level II (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAAugust 16, 2015
A typical day is to monitor a high level network. Interact with customer to assist in completing their task. Checking the systems hourly for any faults and error situations. Working with six to eight people working as a team.

The most difficult part is getting workers to show up for work on time.
Working with lower level management on fairness to all.

The most enjoyable part is interacting with co worker in a light hearted atmosphere.
Pros
People work as a team, interestinng job
Cons
Lower level management
Acet
Help Desk Technician (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALMay 20, 2015
A typical day with ACET is working in a call center at a face pace, with talking to new people every day. What i have learn with this company is how to multitask.
Don't go there.
Architect/Sr. Technical Lead (Current Employee) –  Reston VAMay 4, 2015
There is nothing good about this company. Don't even think about going unless you want to waste your life.

Nothing good!
Never even let me know I was hired.
IT Support (Former Employee) –  Austin, TexasMarch 16, 2015
When I was hired, it was for a different company. Through some legal bindings, the other company being forced out of the job area and ACET was the contractor we had to move over to, or lose our jobs. An unfair thing really, just cause the other company loved their employees and would always have someone to contact about any issue you had(if any).

I filled out my application for them and waited a response. Nothing. No one called, no one emailed. I only knew I was hired cause I came in the next work day, a Tuesday, and was told I was hired yesterday and had a verbal warning against me because I had no filled out my timecard. No information was sent to me, even though the company had ALL of my contact information. My supervisor had to send me any login credentials, since they sent that information to her instead of myself. Login credentials for things like company-given email logon, timecard logon, intranet logon.

I think a great thing is I almost got reported to the higher management when a training was supposed to be completed. But like I said, no one made any contact so I never knew.
Pros
They were there when the other contractor got kicked out (by ACET)
Cons
No communication at all, will get dinged for training you were supposed to do, when you didn't know you were supposed to do it.
Left after 6 months
IA (Former Employee) –  bridge water, va / restonDecember 11, 2014
While the company does offer pretty good benefits and maintains a decent home/work balance it's impossible to move from one position to another.

HR DOES NOT fully review any resume submitted to them. They only glance at at and if the information they are looking for is NOT directly in front of them then it doesn't exist.
Pros
Independent work
Cons
Manage fails to mange it's people to encourage promotion from within.
Nice place to work
Lead Security Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 29, 2014
Unable to work from home, great benefits, good healthcare and Management is pretty goo.
Vitual position with restrictions
On-Boarding Coordinator - National Service Desk (Former Employee) –  VirtualApril 11, 2014
I thought this company has a lot of potential to be a great all around employer. The position was a government contractor position, so it took a long time for the security clearance to go through (4 months). Training was a bit slow also. However, I loved the idea of working from home. Would have liked more communication with my immediate supervisor to discuss ongoing projects, team dynamics, training and expectation. I learned a lot about IT methodologies and the function of a government help desk. I'd rather work in an office again.
Pros
Working from home
Cons
Limited communication with management and stagnant training