acet Employee Reviews

Decent job
Service Desk Leader (Current Employee) –  Dublin, GAJanuary 21, 2016
This job requires you to maintain copious amounts of information and apply that knowledge to each individual user call.
Growing company; recently graduated from Small to Large Business
Corporate Proposal Manager (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen Proving Ground, MDJanuary 6, 2016
ACET is a good company to work for. The people are its greatest asset. I found proposal efforts to be true team experiences, both internally and working with external teaming partners.
Pros
Social Activities and internal morale boosters, e.g., Christmas decorating contests between offices and occasional Happy Hours.
Cons
Grwoing pains of moving from Small Business to a Large Business in the Federal marketplace
Contractor IT
Service Desk Technician (Current Employee) –  Batavia, NYSeptember 8, 2015
Receiving calls daily regarding simple computer issues from VA Employees.
Mostly changing passwords in Active Directory or helping with Outlook/Excel issues.

Management blankets all operations. Metrics are top priority.

Co-Workers are friendly and knowledgeable.

Hardest Part of the job is 95% sitting.
Pros
Close proximity to lunch area. Benefits, Quarterly sick-time payout.
Cons
Long interview period
Graet place to work, room to move up
HR Generalist (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAAugust 18, 2015
A typical day at work was assisting the HR manager with day to day duties. I learned the the HR laws and to keep the company compliant.
Worked well with all my co-workers, was able to keep up moral.
The hardest part of of the job was when the HR manage left the company and I had to run the Hr department until a new HR manager was hied. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with all the employees and conducing the new hire orientations.
Enjoyable place to work, People get along great, job is challenging
Network Monitoring Specialist Level II (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAAugust 16, 2015
A typical day is to monitor a high level network. Interact with customer to assist in completing their task. Checking the systems hourly for any faults and error situations. Working with six to eight people working as a team.

The most difficult part is getting workers to show up for work on time.
Working with lower level management on fairness to all.

The most enjoyable part is interacting with co worker in a light hearted atmosphere.
Pros
People work as a team, interestinng job
Cons
Lower level management
ACET
Help Desk Technician (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALMay 20, 2015
A typical day with ACET is working in a call center at a face pace, with talking to new people every day. What i have learn with this company is how to multitask.
Don't go there.
Architect/Sr. Technical Lead (Current Employee) –  Reston VAMay 4, 2015
There is nothing good about this company. Don't even think about going unless you want to waste your life.

Nothing good!
Never even let me know I was hired.
IT Support (Former Employee) –  Austin, TexasMarch 16, 2015
When I was hired, it was for a different company. Through some legal bindings, the other company being forced out of the job area and ACET was the contractor we had to move over to, or lose our jobs. An unfair thing really, just cause the other company loved their employees and would always have someone to contact about any issue you had(if any).

I filled out my application for them and waited a response. Nothing. No one called, no one emailed. I only knew I was hired cause I came in the next work day, a Tuesday, and was told I was hired yesterday and had a verbal warning against me because I had no filled out my timecard. No information was sent to me, even though the company had ALL of my contact information. My supervisor had to send me any login credentials, since they sent that information to her instead of myself. Login credentials for things like company-given email logon, timecard logon, intranet logon.

I think a great thing is I almost got reported to the higher management when a training was supposed to be completed. But like I said, no one made any contact so I never knew.
Pros
they were there when the other contractor got kicked out (by acet)
Cons
no communication at all, will get dinged for training you were supposed to do, when you didn't know you were supposed to do it.
Left after 6 months
IA (Former Employee) –  bridge water, va / restonDecember 11, 2014
While the company does offer pretty good benefits and maintains a decent home/work balance it's impossible to move from one position to another.

HR DOES NOT fully review any resume submitted to them. They only glance at at and if the information they are looking for is NOT directly in front of them then it doesn't exist.
Pros
independent work
Cons
manage fails to mange it's people to encourage promotion from within.
Nice place to work
Lead Security Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 29, 2014
Unable to work from home, great benefits, good healthcare and Management is pretty goo.

Want to know more about acet?

Ask a question
Vitual position with restrictions
On-Boarding Coordinator - National Service Desk (Former Employee) –  VirtualApril 11, 2014
I thought this company has a lot of potential to be a great all around employer. The position was a government contractor position, so it took a long time for the security clearance to go through (4 months). Training was a bit slow also. However, I loved the idea of working from home. Would have liked more communication with my immediate supervisor to discuss ongoing projects, team dynamics, training and expectation. I learned a lot about IT methodologies and the function of a government help desk. I'd rather work in an office again.
Pros
working from home
Cons
limited communication with management and stagnant training