Achieve Beyond Employee Reviews

Excellent place to work
SI/Bilingual Evaluator (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYJanuary 28, 2018
I enjoy the culture and overall professionalism of this company. It is a pleasure to work at. The company provides workshop to keep employees up to date with new policies and procedures. They provide training which is beneficial for job advancements.
Pros
Cons
No competitive salaries
February 13, 2018

Achieve Beyond is so happy to hear that you feel that is a pleasure to work for us. We have worked hard to create a culture where are employees feel content in their roles, challenged in their careers, and feel comfortable bringing up suggestions and ideas.

We feel it is important to provide workshops and share information so clinicians and administrative staff alike are up to date with all of the information that they need for their roles.

Regarding salaries, we strive to be as competitive as possible taking into consideration the personnel and infrastructure in place to support all of our programs and families. We do take into account positive work performance, initiative, and volume when setting salaries. Please feel free to speak to your manager regarding this topic.

Great staff and offive
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYJanuary 18, 2018
There are so many great people working at Achieve Beyond that are hard working, but also enjoyable and caring people. Everyone does their best to make sure we provide great services to all children. There is room to grow and everyone is very receptive to improving and bettering the workplace no matter how great it already is.
February 13, 2018

Thank you very much for sharing your perspective of what it is like to work at Achieve Beyond and how you feel regarding your co-workers. We feel as a company we are very lucky to have employees that not only are hard working but understand our mission of helping children and families and work everyday towards that goal!

Achieve Beyond wants to reward employees' hard work, success, and integrity, and when possible, we always want to promote from within our company. We feel strongly that employees that have successfully completed their goals and strive to make Achieve Beyond a better company should be recognized whenever possible. Also, you mentioned that employees what to better the workplace. We feel that this is put into practice every day when employees see an issue or come up with an idea to improve a process, let their manager or department know, and then work towards improvement.

Professional workplace
Director of Speech Pathology (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CAJanuary 5, 2018
Productive and professional workplace. Collaborative and supportive. Learning environment. Encouraging staff. Excellent end of year celebration. Flexible scheduling. Clinical and home based experience. Supervision for CFY and SLPA.
Pros
Professional
Cons
mild to moderate stress
February 13, 2018

Thank you very much for taking the time in outlining many of the ideas that we have worked hard to become a reality for our California office and across the country. Achieve Beyond wants all clinicians to feel that they have supervisors and administrative staff that are supportive, professional, and collaborative. To achieve these goals, we provide a variety of clinical settings for services when available, always encourage employees to bring up suggestions or concerns, and provide workshops and training to better staff.

Be it that Achieve Beyond employees work supporting the ongoing therapy services for children, there are at times, due to multiple responsibilities, times when someone can feel stress. Due to this, we strive to have a collaborative team that supports each other to best handle all situations. If ever you feel that you are stressed, please speak to your clinical supervisor or administrative supervisor to see, from an outside perspective, if they can give you ideas to better each situation. Thank you again for your input!

Good place
Ongoing Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYDecember 28, 2017
It depends on your organizational skills. Sometimes you'll be out of the office visiting families to fill out paperwork, and the rest of the time you can spend it working on the rest of the stuff to do. It is a lot but time management is the key! Management is good, they care about their employees, and the culture is very family centered. The best part is being able to schedule things to your convenience, and being able to work from home some days.
February 13, 2018

Thank you for spending the time to write a review. Employee feedback is crucial to modifying Achieve Beyond's training and internal policy and procedures to create the opportunity for success for our staff. Being a service coordinator, you are uniquely aware of the need for honed time management skills. Since the position is one that is highly regulated and has many moving pieces, strong time management skills are essential to being able to support your families and follow SC policies.

It is very important as well that our employees feel that the company genuinely cares about them because without our hard working employees, there would be no Achieve Beyond. Additionally, for positions where we can, we feel it is important to provide flexible work schedules to accommodate the needs of our employees.

Thank you again for your feedback. It is greatly appreciated!

Great place to work at
SC Assistant Supervsior (Former Employee) –  Forest Hills, NYDecember 15, 2017
At achieve beyond, I received great support from my managers and coworkers. It was a great learning experience as you get to learn every aspect of EI, CPSE and various non-EI programs. Achieve Beyond is very diverse offers great benefits, various bonuses always showing appreciation to the employees. You are always on the move as an SC but I received great support while I worked there and the appropriate guidance from my manager.
Pros
bonuses, free events, time off, support, great coworkers, great managers
Productive and fun workplace.
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaDecember 8, 2017
Working at Achieve Beyond has been a pleasant and great experience thus far. I've learned so much from everyone that works here. They are passionate for what they do, always working hard, and happy to lend a hand when needed.
Pros
great benefits and awesome coworkers
Great Company
EI Provider Relations Manager (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYNovember 16, 2017
Achieve Beyond is a great company to work for there is a lot of room for growth. They are always trying to look for ways to grow employee engagement and care about retaining their employees. The training is very intensive, they give you a full 2 weeks training as well as the employees who train you will always tell you to contact them if you ever need further help. Everyone works closely together for a common goal of servicing children. Recently the Melville office moved and the new office offers a Gym and Game Center great for unwinding for a bit during breaks or after work.

My Manager is always looking for ways to help improve the program and is involved in all ways. Whenever help is needed she is willing to help in any way she can and looks to learn every part of the different departments. She is great at giving recognition and is willing to listen to concerns and resolve them.

The CEO is very much involved and has an open door policy. She is willing to listen and finds solutions to problems. She is always looking to teach and train and knows her stuff. I enjoy working closely with her and learning different departments and different ways to do my job great.

Early Intervention is very demanding but extremely rewarding.

I have loved working at Achieve Beyond and enjoy the work I do and my continuous learning experience.
Pros
monthly breakfast, trainings, time off
Hard but rewarding work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYNovember 14, 2017
Working here has been challenging and rewarding. There are a lot of responsibilities because we are working to help children, so that always weighs heavily on me. There is a culture of hard work in the office and while everyone knows they have a lot to do, there is still a great atmosphere of caring people. It is hard to not take work home, but that is more because I want to make sure I am doing the best I can for the families. Management has become more open and I feel opinions are heard and suggestions are given consideration. I enjoy the challenges, the people, and the mission at Achieve Beyond.
Pros
rewarding, great office, constant learning
Cons
hard work, a lot of responsibility
Great organization
School Psychologist (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYNovember 11, 2017
Glad to be part of a great organization. I am grateful to be able to support the students and offer psychological services and evaluations. It is a joy to engage with them and with the families, as well as the agency staff.
Flexible and busy place to work for
Speech Language Pathologist (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYNovember 10, 2017
Working with Achieve Beyond has been a pleasant experience. I have been consistently busy with clients. For me, the work and life balance is very good. Working in home care is very flexible, however traveling could become intense. Office Staff has been helpful and if the person does not know the answer to my questions they will make sure they find out the answer for me.
Pros
Flexible, good work/life balance
Cons
limits in advancement/promotion opportunites
Solid clinical training with poor culture and little consideration for families
BCBA (Former Employee) –  New JerseyAugust 17, 2017
I received solid clinical training here but it was very apparent from day 1 that this was a business and the CEO's profits outweighed everything else including the quality of life of her employee's, clients and their families. BCBAs were spread so thin that they could not provide quality supervision and they were pulled off cases with no notice to suit upper management's needs. High staff turnover and poor communication to families will not serve this company well in the long run. They are resorting to non-competes and contracts forcing people to stay with this company whose ethical standards are dropping by the day.
Pros
Decent compensation and benefits
Cons
Poor ethical standards, high case loads
In-home services provides a lot of freedom
Registered Behavior Technician (Former Employee) –  Forest Hills, NYJuly 19, 2017
The training was very short and fast paced. I learned behavior management tools from the guidance and support of the BCBA. Nice staff members who answer your concerns. The parents aren't as involved in the treatments.
Amazing company
Seit Teacher (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYJuly 9, 2017
Currently working as a SEIT teacher for this company. I find management to be extremely helpful. There are several professional development classes held on a monthly basis. You can take on as many or as little cases as you'd like. One of the best decisions I made!
Pros
Plenty of opportunity/training
Give good work assignments to favorites
Special Education Teacher (Former Employee) –  Purchase, NYJune 23, 2017
Work as a SEIT providing intervention services in pre-schools. You spend so much time driving from school to school but don't get paid for that time.
Pros
Cons
Can't make much money if you're driving far distances
Avoid working here... Seriously!
Speech-Language Pathologist, CCC-SLP (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYMay 11, 2017
After more than 5 years working here, I can assure you that this company does not care about you AT ALL. It does not matter which position you are planning to apply... simply, don't do it. They are looking to hire people in need, in desperation (single mothers are their favorites), and unexperienced young professionals. In spite of the salary or benefits they could offer you (they always try to save money in every aspect of the business), be prepared, since they will make you work up to 3 times more than what you were told. You will be feeling like the most stressed worker in this world before the end of your third month of work. They have learned the art of using and recycling workers, do not believe me?, then, apply and they will hire you right away, so you will think you're so lucky to finally have found people who "appreciate you as a professional". They will never fire you, you will resign to your position by your 4th. month of work instead, unless they observe you "conditions" to excel, and let me tell you, that means the worst, that means that you are one of them. I am not lying, read the reviews, I did it and all of them are accurate in their descriptions.

Why did I work 5 years for this company?: They made me sign a contract and under its terms, it was impossible to leave them. Worst work experience ever.
Pros
Nothing.
Cons
The people who work in there.
Great Experience
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYApril 10, 2017
Pros
Bonus every quarter
Cons
We have a lot of deadlines
Deceptive Practices
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Forest Hills, NYFebruary 10, 2017
When I was recruited as a therapist I was promised there would be plenty of work and that I could choose my areas and would receive a pay increase after three months. Well none of those things happened! I was told there were full time therapists working in my area who staffing had to give priority to.When I made myself more available I still did not get cases. I was told at my three month that I had to work ten cases to get that raise I was promised. I would be happy to do that but you they did not give me cases.

They had me fill out a tower of paperwork before I started. You are not a Forbes 500 company with actual intellectual property or operational secrets. There is no need to make people sign all of those non competes. What you do is public knowledge. All you have to do is follow the regulations published online. Dont hire someone and make promises you will not keep especially when your starting rate is as low as it is. Some of us rely on those promises to earn our living. Have some respect for people trying to work on your behalf.
Pros
Cons
Recruiting, Staffing, Ethics
Great Experience
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Forest Hills, NYJanuary 23, 2017
Very rewarding experience where I get to make an impact on the organization which in turn results in a positive impact on children and families who need services. Love working here because my hard work is appreciated and we do great work!
Pros
Tons of company events, bonus every quarter, and open door policy with management
Cons
We have a lot of deadlines but it helps us provide a great service to the community
Not What I Expected
Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAJanuary 18, 2017
At first the company sounded so promising. The pay sounded good, they said we would have 2 or 3 cases that we would work our guaranteed hours. No lie...everything was just unbelievable, telling you what you wanted to hear just to get you. Many of these people I got hired with never got cases so they left, many of the paperwork people submitted were lost or misplaced by the people who worked there in the office (my fault right). But they did help me get experience with the ABA field and the children are just amazing. That was the only reason why I liked the job.
Pros
The Children Are Amazing Overall
Cons
The People There Just Dont Know What They Are Doing
Great place to work for and great staff.
ABA Therapist (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJJanuary 17, 2017
Great coworkers and supervisors. Staff overall is great. Hours given for ABA are not much. Other then that clients are great and a good company to start off ABA.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Achieve Beyond. Our community is ready to answer.