Achieve Beyond Employee Reviews in United States

Nice work place
EI Billing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Forest Hills, NYFebruary 27, 2016
I start at 8:30 am some times at 8:00 am, turn on my computer and began my work, My position is EI Billing Coordinator so I have to enter in the system the EI session notes from Salaried and Independent Therapists , check their services invoices and also call them when is necessary. All my co-workers are nice people.
The hardest part of my job is at the end of the month when we have to process the therapist payments. I finish my work at 5:30 pm but some times I stay at 7 or 8 pm. When the company need me also I'm able to work weekends or stay late.
Pros
Nice co-workers and office place.
Cons
Bad compensation for the hard work.
Poor Management
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Forest Hills, NYApril 18, 2016
The management team at Achieve Beyond is terrible. They offer no support and make unrealistic demands for "the numbers." For a company that helps kids, you never hear this. You only get more pressure to staff and bill. The children are never taken into account.

Managers do not know how to manage. They know the jobs of the departments fine but do not understand how to be good managers. Upper Management doesnt care about the employees and we are always afraid to get fired for the smallest mistake despite asking for help. There is no support here.
heinous place to work
Administrative (Former Employee) –  melville nyOctober 8, 2015
Management expects too much from employees. Told there would be a weeks worth of training. Try one day of training. Such inept management. Regret working there.
Pros
co workers great
Cons
poor management. over abundance of work to be done and expected it to be done. two faced management.
Rewarding Career
ABA Therapist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 25, 2016
Liked working with this organization. Needs work with communication system.Office staff is inconsistent. Pay may be delayed. In home therapy.
Pros
Working with children
Cons
lack of communication
Organized supportive company
Early Intervention Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Forest Hills, NYSeptember 2, 2015
Achieve Beyond was very supportive and protective of their employees. I always had help and support when needed. Typical day included treating 2-3 home care cases as a part time job after school. Daily notes were dropped off bi-weekly.
Pros
Fun and rewarding position
Cons
Limited time to complete daily notes, progress notes, and yearly updates
Enjoyed making a difference with chidren and their families.
Early Intervention Special Instructor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 7, 2014
Working with children with disabilities is an ever rewarding field. The smiles and joyful lives I had the pleasure of impacting made my work inspiring!
Pros
being in a position to help children achieve milestones.
Cons
dealing with the challenge of parental denial. this made me work harder!
Great place to work.
Behavior Therapist (Current Employee) –  Forest Hills, NYNovember 27, 2014
Excellent program providing ABA services to children with Autism. The BCBA's provide excellent support and teach the BT's a lot about ABA work. Great place to work if one is wishing to pursue a career in Behavior Analysis.
Would have been a good place to work but unfortunately 3 weeks after I started I was told this office was closing.
Billing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Crest Hill, ILMay 11, 2012
I have only worked here for 2 months. The office is closing. Management is not good here there is no communication from them in Virginia. They have not come to Illinois to help close the office and have been very hard to get answers from.
Cons
closing
Terrible
Occupational therapist (Former Employee) –  Melville Long IslandMarch 18, 2014
People were terrible and rude. Services did not help and would overwork employees. Upper staff had no idea what they were doing but pretended like they did. Waste of time
benefits
Cons
staff was rude
Challenging work place, where you learn a lot.
Service Coordinator Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 30, 2013
The hardest part of the job is being able to multi task and balance a lot of responsibilties at the same time. The co-workers are great and very supportive. The management is great.
I enjoyed helping members from my community.
Staffing Coordinator/ Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 21, 2014
A typical day would be starting out by listening to my messages (if any), looking through referrals forms and following up with parents.

I've learned about various conditions such as Autism and about the free programs and resources that are available to help children progress.

I became very close to my co-workers, it was a family style environment.

The hardest part of my job was explaining to a parent who was confused after learning their child was classified as disabled.

The most enjoyable part was having the ability to help others.
Pros
helping people within my community, family style atmosphere
Cons
healthcare
Very Stressful
Records Administrator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 12, 2013
A typical day is filing paperwork in there respective folders assisting with special projects etc. Management and co-workers make the atmosphere very uncomfortable . The hardest part of the day is surviving the day.
Pros
free breakfast and lunches as well as it is very accessible
Awful
clinician (Current Employee) –  variousclinician variousOctober 28, 2014
Worst paying agency on long island. Clinical supervisor crossed boundaries with parents and other members on team. Petty and vindictive. did I say worst paying agency on long island? they do pay every two weeks and if you're part of the in crowd you get many cases. Not the best agency and the supervisor sucks
Pros
bi monthly checks
Cons
supervisory staff mean petty and vindictive
no room for advancement/ good office environment
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYAugust 7, 2013
Heavy phones emails all day
management expects a lot
coworkers are great
workload is unbearable
A productive private organization for children under the spectrum.
Applied Behavior Analysis in-home therapist (Current Employee) –  Forrest HillsFebruary 15, 2014
Achieve Beyond is a professional and productive organization that fits the needs for children under the spectrum. Their direct ABA services and well trained staff gives children and their families the strategies and tools to improve on academic, communication and functional skills that strengthen the quality of life.
cool
Behavior therapist (Former Employee) –  new yorkSeptember 20, 2014
Its a nice company. i enjoy my supervisor. She helps alot and give good advice
Provides great services
Long Island EI Billing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Forest Hills, NYSeptember 5, 2013
Services provided are really helpful for the community. Staff is great.
Pros
location is very accessible.
Cons
having to pay for parking.