Achieve Beyond Employee Reviews

Great Experience
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYApril 10, 2017
Pros
Bonus every quarter
Cons
We have a lot of deadlines
Deceptive Practices
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Forest Hills, NYFebruary 10, 2017
When I was recruited as a therapist I was promised there would be plenty of work and that I could choose my areas and would receive a pay increase after three months. Well none of those things happened! I was told there were full time therapists working in my area who staffing had to give priority to.When I made myself more available I still did not get cases. I was told at my three month that I had to work ten cases to get that raise I was promised. I would be happy to do that but you they did not give me cases.

They had me fill out a tower of paperwork before I started. You are not a Forbes 500 company with actual intellectual property or operational secrets. There is no need to make people sign all of those non competes. What you do is public knowledge. All you have to do is follow the regulations published online. Dont hire someone and make promises you will not keep especially when your starting rate is as low as it is. Some of us rely on those promises to earn our living. Have some respect for people trying to work on your behalf.
Pros
Cons
Recruiting, Staffing, Ethics
Great Experience
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Forest Hills, NYJanuary 23, 2017
Very rewarding experience where I get to make an impact on the organization which in turn results in a positive impact on children and families who need services. Love working here because my hard work is appreciated and we do great work!
Pros
Tons of company events, bonus every quarter, and open door policy with management
Cons
We have a lot of deadlines but it helps us provide a great service to the community
Not What I Expected
Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAJanuary 18, 2017
At first the company sounded so promising. The pay sounded good, they said we would have 2 or 3 cases that we would work our guaranteed hours. No lie...everything was just unbelievable, telling you what you wanted to hear just to get you. Many of these people I got hired with never got cases so they left, many of the paperwork people submitted were lost or misplaced by the people who worked there in the office (my fault right). But they did help me get experience with the ABA field and the children are just amazing. That was the only reason why I liked the job.
Pros
The Children Are Amazing Overall
Cons
The People There Just Dont Know What They Are Doing
Bad atmosphere
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Forest Hills, NYJanuary 17, 2017
Everyone who works here is a hard worker. The problem is that the hard work is never appreciated. There are no raises and the incentive bonuses the HR account in the previous reviews talks about are so much less than what anyone would get somewhere else as a raise. I have been working here for three years and have not gotten a rate increase ever.
My coworkers and I understand hard work and do it every day. We would like to receive some recognition for it not just more work. Everyone is tense and afraid of upper management since people always get fired. Departments openly hate each other since managers are always looking to blame someone instead of help.
I do not suggest working here. I plan to leave once I finish my school program.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
salary, management, lack of training, lack of support
Not for anyone young looking for something flexible
Ongoing Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYDecember 18, 2016
I genuinely did not like it after only being there for a month. It eventually becomes more about the quanity or units youre producing rather than the quality of the work youre doing. Easily replaceable i mean they literally go after recent college grads because we're a bit naive and eager for any job opportunity we get. Thats how i got sucked in and it turned out to be nothing like what i had envisioned. Management acts like they care about you but they really just care about the units youre producing. They expect you to do a certain amount of units but yet there isnt enough time in the work day so ends up transferring into your personal time! Not worth it, don't get sucked in!!
Great Place to Excel
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Forest Hills, NYNovember 21, 2016
What I love most about this company is that my hard work and determination is appreciated. I think there are a few employees who just want to do a mediocre job and expect promotions, raises, and recognition for doing the bare minimum. As a person who really does their best every single day to go above and beyond, I can't express enough how many opportunities this company has given me to grow, learn, and excel in my career. Best of all, I get to grow and excel in the amazing field of helping children. Knowing that you need to work hard in life in order to advance myself and my career has made all the difference. Some people want to just sit around and reap rewards. Come to work everyday ready to give it your all and you will absolutely love this company!!!
Pros
Great benefits, flexibility to manage my life outside of work, full hour lunch break
Cons
Occasionally we have a negative coworker who drags down the positive environment.
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXOctober 14, 2016
Love the ability to create my own schedule. It really helps with the work/life balance of having two school-aged children. I like being able to choose the area in which I am working. My co-workers are enthusiastic and friendly and really love their job of improving our pediatric clients' lives.
Pros
customizeable schedule, great pay, very manageable hours
Great Place to Work
Speech Language Pathologist (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXOctober 3, 2016
I have been with Achieve Beyond for several years now and have had a wonderful experience. The office staff is amazing and so helpful. I feel very supported by the clinical director - she genuinely cares for all the staff and therapists. My co-workers are great, always willing to share therapy ideas. The best part of the job is serving the families - they are so appreciative of the work we do. I feel very fortunate to be a part of such an amazing company.
Horrible; worst place as a therapist
Speech-Language Pathologist (Former Employee) –  TexasAugust 23, 2016
This is ACTUALLY the worst place I have ever worked. As a therapist, it was easily the worst management system I've ever seen. Apart from the 'no regulations' about day-to-day practices they have in place, everyone gets told different ways to do things by the director herself! As an SLP I agreed to take on a CF, and asked for them to send me the requirements for Texas; after four weeks of haggling with the lady in charge, the 'head office' in NY sends me information about West Virginia. They told me that if I wanted a bonus for overseeing a CF I would have to sign a 4-year contract with them. Ridiculous! The director at the time would lie to our faces, and we weren't "allowed" to have a copy of the handbook printed- it was only online. I'm guessing so they could go ahead and change things if we brought up a problem and say it was that was that way from the beginning because we'd have no proof. Lastly, we got some awesome email from the CEO saying that the 1 million dollars in fraud they committed was 'just bookkeeping errors.' Search their DBA name 'Bilinguals Inc' - it's in the New York Times. Toxic.
Pros
Ha!
Cons
All of it.
Full-Time Employee
Case Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Long IslandAugust 22, 2016
Being apart of Achieve Beyond gives me the rare opportunity to actually make a difference with the work that I do. We spend so much time at work and I'm happy that I can say I've devoted my years to a company that actually does something good in the community. We work so hard throughout the day to make sure that we are managing all the cases in full compliance and this is something that we take very seriously. There are times when the workload can be heavy and I just need to step outside and take a breka. At the end of the day I am still happy to say that ive made a difference. The bad reviews on here must be from people who don't want to work hard because this company has been awesome.
Pros
Nice coworkers, supportive manager, free lunches
August 31, 2016

Thank you for the valuable feedback! We are happy to hear that you are proud to contribute to our mission to provide the highest quality healthcare to the children and families we serve. We appreciate your hard work and we recognize that our industry and standards can be challenging. We are constantly working on new and creative ways to demonstrate appreciation including staff lunches, employee of the month awards, bonus incentives, and more!

Unprofessional which starts from the top
Evals (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYAugust 18, 2016
Over worked and way under paid. Never show appreciation. If they would just pull you aside and say thank you for all you do, they would realize it comes along way and maybe they wouldnt have so many people quit all the time. Upper Management and the CEO change their mind on a day to day basis and always in meetings about restructuring the program when it is working fine. This is supposed to be about the children, but they could care less. Greedy, money hungry people. Hired a director who was useless and did not know a single thing or try to learn, she sat there and did her homework-useless human being. She did not have a mind of her own. It is a toxic environment. The company does not acknowledge important holidays, there are only about 6-7 holidays you are given off. The ones who are professional and confident people are treated horrible. The school districts cannot stand their work and the constant movement of positions. There is always a change in duties without being told. They make it a secret and if you are not a mind reader, they put the blame on you. There is not training!!! DONT ADVISE TO WORK THERE!
Pros
Cons
From the top to the bottom.
Worst company I have worked for
Insurance Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYAugust 12, 2016
I read the negative reviews before starting here, but thought that they were probably disgruntled employees or possibly not cut out for a fast paced environment. Unfortunately the negative reviews were 100% on point. For starters management had no sense of what my role was. In other words if I was absent they weren't able to cover for me. I had no direction or training and had to figure out for myself how certain tasks should be performed. I was criticized for not doing certain things when there was no way I would have known I needed to do them in the first place (due to the lack of direction). Also there was no structured flow of information between departments. I tried to stick it out almost a year hoping things would get better, but unfortunately they just got worse.
Pros
Pediatric demographic
Cons
Poor management, underpaid, no direction
August 31, 2016

We are sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with your employment at Achieve Beyond. We emphasize providing an initial training period for all employees and ongoing support/training as needed. Due to the complex and regulatory nature of our business, we must ensure that all employees contain the required skills and competencies to maintain our standing as a high quality provider of healthcare. Our management team works hard to provide training and support to all employees and we value those who work hard to retain information, perform their duties, and excel in their role.

In addition, we provide recognition and appreciation to high performing employees who contribute to the overall quality of the healthcare we provide to children in need. We offer generous bonuses and appreciation events that are highly regarded by our employees.

Company through transition
Ongoing Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYAugust 2, 2016
This company was going through a transition with their employees and with the company itself when I was hired. After being with the company for a couple of months I decided that this was not the right career choice for me.
Over worked and under paid
Case Manager/auth/referral coordinator (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYJune 10, 2016
Love there mission and what they are doing with children that are in much need of help. Special need children need attention care and love and doctors and staff that care for both the children and the families that require all the support they need to main a health and balanced life

As far as how the employees are treated at Achieve Beyond holds alot to say that they are over worked un-appreciated and under paid.

This place needs a office manager that can help express the employee frustration to upper management and to help coordinators to obtain and main company goals.

I wish I would of gotten herd and helped
Pros
children care
Cons
under paid
Very good processes
SC (Current Employee) –  Forest Hills, NYJune 8, 2016
Very systematic and process are in place. Very good training. The SC meetings are helpful and fun. The only agency that has process from a-z. Everyone who oversees SC dept are very approachable. They accommodate my school hours as SC and helped me look for others options so I can stay.
Pros
Good staff and my supervisors and the supervisor of my supervisor listens
Cons
Need more pay
Terrible
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Forest Hills, NYMay 26, 2016
No training despite promises at interview. Too much work with unrealistic demands to get it done.
Managers do not try to help you as they are too busy or do not care.
Departments openly hate each other and cant work together.
I cant wait to leave.
rbt
Registered Behavior Technician (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYMay 15, 2016
great cases. could use more bcba supervion if the parent doest not like you and complains then you are off the case.
greta forthose who know how to handle there time well and enjoy this work
Pros
good cases
Cons
doesn't supervise for school m.s program
Nice work place
EI Billing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Forest Hills, NYFebruary 27, 2016
I start at 8:30 am some times at 8:00 am, turn on my computer and began my work, My position is EI Billing Coordinator so I have to enter in the system the EI session notes from Salaried and Independent Therapists , check their services invoices and also call them when is necessary. All my co-workers are nice people.
The hardest part of my job is at the end of the month when we have to process the therapist payments. I finish my work at 5:30 pm but some times I stay at 7 or 8 pm. When the company need me also I'm able to work weekends or stay late.
Pros
Nice co-workers and office place.
Cons
Bad compensation for the hard work.
August 31, 2016

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate the hard work our employees do each day and we are happy to hear that you enjoy your position with us. Due to the time sensitive nature of our business, it is great to have employees on board who work hard to ensure that all tasks are completed so that we can continue providing excellent services to our children and families!

Rewarding Career
ABA Therapist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 25, 2016
Liked working with this organization. Needs work with communication system.Office staff is inconsistent. Pay may be delayed. In home therapy.
Pros
Working with children
Cons
lack of communication

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Achieve Beyond. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8