Work at in-house Day Training and Habilitation program serving adults with developmental disabilities in Blaine. FT-35 hours/week. Monday-Friday. No Travel.
Applicants can get additional information at www.achieveservices.org.
This Individual will:
- Identifies and secures community-based employment opportunities for Achieve participants.
- Develops a network of venders who provide work for our production area, secures sufficient work to meet our productivity objectives, and manages work flow in a manner that ensures a steady flow of work.
- Tracks work in the production area, and ensures timely and accurate billing for that work
- Plans, develops and implements a comprehensive plan for establishing sustainable business opportunities that create jobs for participants and generate revenue.
- Identifies potential grant funding sources available to the Agency, and prepares and submits grant requests for funding.
- Designs and implements a comprehensive development program, fundraising plan and appropriate marketing strategies.
- Works collaboratively with staff members to identify avenues of economic support for programs/projects.
- Aggressively seeks new corporate/foundation/grant funding sources and maintains relationships with current/past donors. Represents Agency in meeting with potential funding sources.
- Attends various community activities to inform the community and potential employers of Achieve Services’ function and purpose.
- Initiates and regularly maintains communication with customers and co-workers.
- Maintains knowledge about the external environment as it relates to the services the Agency provides.
- Works collaboratively with agency staff to prepare accurate bids and specifications for in-house and community work.
- Provides input to planning team so that the vocational programming needs are met.
- Develops and maintains accurate records to keep Achieve Services in good standing in regards to wage and hour regulations.
- Implements Agency Strategic Plan’s goals as related to this position.
- Develops and maintains individual participant business endeavors.
- Provides reports to Achieve Services’ Board of Directors as needed.
- Represents Achieve Services in the community and expand our visibility and education about our services.
Knowledge and Skills Desired:
- Knowledge and experience in business start-up and/or economic development is essential.
- Knowledge of agency licensing, billing and funding sources for Agency.
- Experience and demonstrated success in grant writing.
- Knowledge of marketing principles and methods for obtaining work.
- Knowledge of individual needs of adults with developmental disabilities.
- Knowledge of Commission on the Accreditation for Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) accreditation process as well all other licensing requirements.
- Exceptional skill in oral and written communication.
- Skill in public speaking.
- Knowledge of general office procedures.
- Ability to interact effectively with others in representing Achieve to area businesses.
- Ability to engage in a cooperative work style, encouraging teamwork and respect.
- Ability to work independently and be results oriented
Indeed - 11 months ago