ACI Specialty Benefits Employee Reviews

Horrible Work Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 18, 2017
It's all smoke and mirrors at this company. The worst favoritism I've ever had to deal with. They will overwork and under appreciate their employees. They sell benefits to companies but give their own employees minimal to no benefits. The hardest part of this job is just trying to stay in good graces with the CEO. She will love you one day then hate you the next and make attempts to force you out. The work culture is not diverse, they are narrow minded, racist, and all around way behind the times of what a company should be in 2017.
Pros
free yoga
Cons
poor management, favoritism, lack of communication
Great HR Team
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 5, 2017
Your direct manager is great to work with and offers a helping hand with anything they can. The work life balance is there, the only thing is a little stressful since there is no room for growth.
Bad company, stay away!
Employee (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 19, 2017
-low pay with high expectation from employees
-lot of non-sense rule
-lot of drama and family management style
-CEO required new trend in technology without wanting to pay for it.
Pros
cannot think of anything
Cons
low pay, terrible management.
Marketing (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 9, 2015
ACI Specialty Benefits is the type of workplace where people are actually happy to come to work, supported by co-workers and management, enjoy perks like yoga/standing desks/flexible schedules, and get to make a daily positive impacts on people's lives through the benefits and services provided.

The people of ACI are what make the real difference, and it's a truly one-of-a-kind positive work environment. Everyone works hard, but not to the point of complete burn-out. If you want to grow with the company and learn new skills - there are definitely opportunities to do so. This isn't a major corporation, so people are expected to wear a lot of hats and not stay so confined to their job description. But that also makes for a very dynamic and engaging work environment for people where things are never boring. Also - the offices are bright, decorated for holidays, and they have really fun company parties and prizes.
Pros
Great work environment, amazing staff
Yoga Classes and Meditation room.
Intake Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 9, 2015
I loved working for ACI, every day was something different. I learned a lot on who to deal with stress situations and a variety of customers.
Pros
great hours
Cons
too far for me.
structured work place
Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 27, 2015
Working for this company was fun. Everyone was always so friendly and welcoming. My favorite thing about this company is that the CEO would make an effort to walk around every day and say hello to everyone.
I already gave you information about ACI Specialty Benefits
Intake Specialist /Admin (Former Employee) –  San DiegoJanuary 22, 2015
I enjoyed working and helping customers in crisis and really loved wihat I did at ACI.
Not a "best place to work" by any means
-- (Former Employee) –  Mira MesaNovember 19, 2014
Overall, great group of people and fun company events. The executive team, however, has two of the most repulsive personalities you’ll ever come across.

One seems to have some sort of misguided disdain for “millennials” and often goes on tyrannical rants during meetings (because she’s old and losing it), while the other is a narcissistic brute who spends more time putting down her fellow employees rather than motivating them. Both are extremely self-absorbed, abhorrent women that ultimately lead me to make the choice to leave ACI and pursue other opportunities. While I’ve learned a ton working at ACI, I completely understand why the turnover rate is ridiculously high.

In summary:

• Great staff
• Awful management (some more unprofessional than others)
• Too much favoritism
• Pay is laughable
• Can get by if you “brown nose” executives
• Turnover rate is HIGH, even though they tell you it’s low when you first start
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Run by an unprofessional hag; her successor isn't much better
Lots of empty promises
Graphic Designer/Videographer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 18, 2014
a very unorganized company that does not appreciate its employees. There is a huge disconnect between management and their employees including a huge lack of communication and trust. They also lie about how great they are to prospective employees and media outlets.
Pros
Onsite yoga
Cons
lots
If I could give half stars, I would.
N/A (Former Employee) –  San DiegoOctober 18, 2014
It's too unbelievable to say. There is so much vast incompetence, you wonder how they functioned this long. New president is a moron with zero business acumen. Happy that I moved on.
Pros
Cons
The entire place
Work from Home with Company as an Independent Contractor
Independent Educational advisor (Former Employee) –  MichiganMay 11, 2012
Good company but lacking in communication with Employees.