ACI Employee Reviews in United States

Small family owned company
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Joshua, TXAugust 5, 2015
Company requires someone who can learn fast, multitask and bilingual for at least customer service is a plus. I now own my own small business and after I left I know that overall ACI is good employer. Had good benefits which most of us take for granted. I've learned so much and grown with this company. Overall good benefits, potential advancement even though small company, and they will treat you like family.
Pros
Benefits, good pay, weekends off
Cons
can be hectic sometimes you do more than 1 job
A fun and exciting workplace with interesting and intelligent people to work with.
Graphic Arts Cutter/Trimmer (Former Employee) –  Wrightsville, ARMay 20, 2016
There were friendly people I could enjoy working beside on a daily basis. I learned that the beginning and ending process of any graphic or digital printing starts with the paper cutter/trimmer. My superiors were great to work for, they gave everyone the chance to learn more and excel.
Generous Hours Poor Pay
Cabin Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYMay 24, 2016
Fun place to work with to much overtime but your well rested while on the job . Union benefits pay could be a bit better. but for the most part its an enjoyable experience diverse employees and management . Fun place to work
Pros
Union Keeps Management on check
Cons
To much hours not all paid at times
really awesome work places.
CNA (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 6, 2016
A typical day at work converting with the patients. Learning from them well i teach them a i know. The hardest part of the job is to see the same patients over and over again, but i still try to stay strong and motivate them. I really like to hear them talk about the motivations they have or what motivate them to come to detox or rehab.
For the most part a fun work place
Quality Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAApril 6, 2015
In a typical day, I would answer emailed complaints, go and handle complaints personally in the field, manage the grading of distribution on selected routes, and assist in managing the distribution warehouse. I learned how to best use my time while employed here, since I had many things to do during the day. Management was not the best, and there was no real room for advancement. I did thoroughly enjoy my co-workers, they were a wonderful bunch of people that always had me smiling when I would walk in the office. The most enjoyable part of the job would probably be when I would go out into the field and talk to the customers who had complaints, I always had pleasure in solving their problems.
Pros
lunches were usually paid, and the hours were really accommodating
Cons
no room for advancement, higher level management was often impolite and extremely discourteous.
lots of traveling
Cable Technician / Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJune 20, 2016
I enjoyed working at aci but i did have a problem with the pay i was getting for being a lead tech and all the driving I was doing , I missed a lot of family time with my kids growing up
You Work for the Man
Architect (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLOctober 5, 2012
I liked the people I worked with; however, it became clear that you are really working for the three principals and your advancement is not going to happen. Talking against the principals can get you fired. Asking for a raise can get you fired. You are asked to work long hours without pay and when you ask for a change in your schedule they will still try to deduct hours from your paycheck regardless of how many hours you worked because you didn't work during regular business hours. The people you work with are very talented and great to be with and are worth more than where they are. However, because of the state of fear that the employers place on them they are afraid of speaking out because they are afraid they will lose their jobs. Internet is not available for the production side of the office but it is on the marketing side.
Pros
nice employees
Cons
bad management
okay place to work
CAP WORKER (Former Employee) –  Garner, NCJune 27, 2016
I liked working with the kids and the family learned a lot about patients and order teaching life skills
Pros
no insurrance
Cons
got to meet some good people
poor management
Cable Installer (Former Employee) –  Pontiac, MIFebruary 29, 2016
High employee turn over and the company expected you work regardless of your health in any weather condition. They assigned different routes daily to employees unfamiliar to the area.
aci summary
technician (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, OHJanuary 11, 2016
great company good pay flex schedule good co workers .

hardest part of job working outside

WORK I started at 10 am I would get my supplies if I had a o rder
in then I would go to first job .
Pros
meeting different people customers
Cons
This was a very good place to work for
Therapeutic Foster Parent (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCOctober 5, 2015
They gave you the tools necessary to complete your job.
The training was great. I received the necessary training and was licensees' with the state of North Carolina.
Pros
trainings
Cons
no enough suuport at times
Was an excellent place to work independently and with co-workers as well
Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Linthicum, MDOctober 1, 2014
Typical day was to check in with supervisor, receive work for the day, gather all supplies needed to complete jobs and go out to meet appointed schedule. I learned a lot about another side of Telecommunications productivity and working with the public. Management wasn't that great, but was able to adapt and complete all tasks assigned to me daily. Fun working with co-workers in the sense that you worked together as a team and helped each other so all could have productive and safe work environment. The hardest part of the job was working with dispatchers to call in equipment and times as they were short-handed. Again the most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work independently with no one looking over your shoulder.
Rewarding fulfilling opportunity spending time with people
SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCFebruary 15, 2015
I totally enjoyed getting to know individuals and introducing them to different ways and places to complete tasks. Management were very supportive and informative. Completing progress reports were a challenge but helped when doing college papers.
Pros
watching people enjoy doing things that made them happy
Cons
lack of funds for travel, lack of funds for some activities
Bad place to work.
Hardware Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 6, 2012
The ACI Engineering R&D environment is terrible. ACI is unwilling to invest in adequate, critically needed test equipment for R&D in order to develop new products to remain competitive. Management is cheap, cheap, cheap! If state of the art, innovative engineering is your style; this is not the place for you.
Pros
plenty of problems to solve.
Cons
no equipment to solve problems.
Dynamic, innovative and knowledgeable team.
Sales Engineer and Technical Sales (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 30, 2014
ACI does a great job of representing manufactures. In addition to strong product knowledge, the team is able to leverage its years of experience and support customers in making informed purchasing decisions. The team has a good understanding of the building codes and how to design for the market they are in. This gives ACI a competitive advantage in the market. They are able to stand behind their products and maintain great pricing.

I learned how to build and maintain great customer relationships. Develop business by actively communicating with the designers, architects, engineers, project managers and general and sub contractors through out the various phases of construction--from design to commissioning.

During a typical day we will consult with engineers follow up on sales leads estimate projects, follow up on leads, generate purchase order, track shipments, trouble shoot issues on job-sites and myriad of other task.

My co-workers are highly skilled and knowledgeable, and are very supportive and patient.

Management provided us with the tools to be successful.

The hardest part of the job is figuring out when to leave. There is always something going on and times I find myself staying way past closing to ensure our customers needs are met.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when I use my skills and experience to develop unique solutions for customers.
Pros
management takes us to a resort in cannon beach once a year
Cons
not many days off. there is a lot of catch up when you take time off.
A fast- pace working place for SAT prep classes
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  California, Rowland HeightsJune 30, 2015
We followed the instruction of the director and complete works according to her requirement. The hardest part of the job was multi-tasking. Since it's a SAT prep school, staffs had to do multiple task at the same time, such as taking roll call, enrolling new students, printing material, and so on.
Cons
Short breaks, requiring long concentration.
Aci
Cable Tech (Former Employee) –  Granite CityJune 30, 2014
Typical Day was 6 days a week 70 plus hours.
Learned how to be a cable tech
Management was fine
Co-workers were polite
There wasn't a hard part
The monst enjoyable part was meeting new people
Pros
pay
benefits
support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 20, 2015
helping people
management is awesome
hardest part is leaving the people I serve
go out in the community
skill building
fun, and exciting
learn of new illnesses that strike adults/kids
Pros
work around your schedule
You never know what to expect
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 7, 2015
ACI is a privately own company that focus on Services for the Special needs population and foster care. I work in the corporate Office, we have the HR and financial department at this office. I approve order for all 11 locations and managed the vendors and services for all offices. I help with the billing and HR as needed, maintain the websites and interview and hire vendors. We have to deal with all kind of problems from employees to people that we provide services for, as you can imagine, it's difficult to know what to expect of the day. I enjoy working with people and the one on one contact with others. I actually enjoy the most helping others finding solutions for their problems, I love the company I work with. I have been with them for 9 years but I move and the traveling is too much.
no loyalty at all
osp tech (Former Employee) –  Canton, MINovember 15, 2012
i bend over to make the career work but no loyalty from upper management
Pros
took home the work vehicle
Cons
6day work week