ACI Employee Reviews

fun place
Forklift Operator/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJMay 12, 2017
very high pase environment, one of the few places i have work where the house keeping was on point, the lack of ac or heat was mayor issue for me at that time
An early stage company, better culture than most startups
Co-founder (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 6, 2017
ACI is a cool company as it straddles the archival and startup spaces which made for a cool mix of workplace cultures. As with most early stage companies, the day to day was varied. One might one day, be overseeing software development and the next, be pouring over amazing manuscripts in a university library. One of the greatest takeaways was, learning to bridge the gap between the fast paced startup and more leisurely paced library science world. fostering effective communication between the two is an art in and of itself. This may have been the hardest part of the job but it was for sure the most educational. Overall the work here was super fulfilling.
Excellent Employer
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAMay 3, 2017
I appreciated flexibility and scheduling. This position gave me the ability to learn self management and prioritizing work day. The management was flexible and easy to work with.
Your typical assembly factory
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Portland, INApril 16, 2017
I didnt like this job very much. There was never a raise, the employees are not treated fairly, there is constant gossip and drama between employees, and the bosses play favorites. Thumbs down for ACI.
Difficult yet rewarding
Cable Technician (Former Employee) –  Caseyville, ILApril 10, 2017
This job like many cable Installation jobs can be a very rewarding field. I worked in St. Louis which is a busy area. We made really good money their but unfortunately I was working an unbelievable number of hours there. I was averaging around 70 hours a week.
But I enjoyed the work and you were able to get out and see the city on a daily basis and meet new people. Its not for everyone but I enjoyed this job
Pros
meeting new people Getting outside while working
Cons
Commision based no promise of the same pay check week to week
Great Flexibility
English Instructor for SAT (Current Employee) –  Temple City, CAApril 6, 2017
Working at ACI has been invaluable to my knowledge of grammar. It has been a pleasure to learn and grow at ACI over the past 9 years. The staff and students are amazing.
Pros
Flexible. Great students.
awesome kitchen
COOK/SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Goodyear, AZApril 5, 2017
I loved working here and wish that I could work there again. If you like to be in the same atmosphere over and over then this is going to work for you.
Decent work
Delaware Ohio machine operator (Former Employee) –  Delaware, OHMarch 3, 2017
The work required was not extreme but the environment was less than desirable. Little room for advancement and unfriendly employees
Pros
able to wear headphones
Cons
the bathrooms were not working
Not the job they said
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXFebruary 28, 2017
I excelled at this job. I am a very hard worker and I love the challenge and to succeed. However, this did not turn out to be the job they interviewed me for. They wanted me to work 7 days a week. So I respectfully had to resign
busy job
Newspaper Delivery (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAFebruary 22, 2017
very good place to work for, have to be finished in a timely manner. newspaper has to be rolled in the correct way in order for it to fall in a good way when throwing it
Implementation Services (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 18, 2017
Long hours and many day-day challenges. Very political. Smart team members. Have to deal with resource & budget constraints, along with potential layoffs at the end of each year.
All about the numbers being met
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 4, 2017
It is jjust a revolving door as long as the Insurance companies say yes to the clients stay.The clients that are taken in need to be ready and new . There should be more staff development trainings.
Pros
Access to learning a system
Cons
Should be more about patient care than just about filling beds.
no comment
Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GANovember 22, 2016
I have achieved phenomenal results in workflow processes and provided excellent customer service support by gathering information and performing duties in a professional and precise manner. Quality assurance and providing top-notch technical support to firms and its clients is always my primary focus
Owners retired and sold business
Distributor (Former Employee) –  Granbury, TXNovember 17, 2016
Company is no longer open. Owners retired and sold business. Great place to work while I was employed. Family owned business who cared about the well being of their employees.
Great place for a starter
Service Tech (Former Employee) –  Washington, PANovember 4, 2016
Great place to get you feet wet if you are just getting into the Multimedia field, Now it commission based and hard to have a work life balance I hear
Pros
company Truck
Cons
Pay rate is way too low for the work expected
Very productive workplace
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 2, 2016
ACI wasn't your typical workplace, there were very loud and extreme conditions we had to work in. All my co-workers were very helpful as far as working together to get the task done. Our foreman was very smart and efficient in showing us how to get our job done and was very hands on. I enjoyed completing a floor and taking pictures after it was finished.
Pros
learning trade skills
Cons
Having to deal with the other companies on the site
Good
ACI Special Inspector, Richmond Testing Lab (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYJune 28, 2016
Good company if you start the career of inspection aci certificates are good, aci is a good institute, and the company I worked at is good
okay place to work
CAP WORKER (Former Employee) –  Garner, NCJune 27, 2016
I liked working with the kids and the family learned a lot about patients and order teaching life skills
Pros
no insurrance
Cons
got to meet some good people
lots of traveling
Cable Technician / Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJune 20, 2016
I enjoyed working at aci but i did have a problem with the pay i was getting for being a lead tech and all the driving I was doing , I missed a lot of family time with my kids growing up
Generous Hours Poor Pay
Cabin Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYMay 24, 2016
Fun place to work with to much overtime but your well rested while on the job . Union benefits pay could be a bit better. but for the most part its an enjoyable experience diverse employees and management . Fun place to work
Pros
Union Keeps Management on check
Cons
To much hours not all paid at times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ACI. Our community is ready to answer.