Aclara Technologies LLC Employee Reviews

Place is no good stay away
Installer (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYJanuary 12, 2018
Managment is terrible anthony and mat silverman are the rudest and most disrespectful people I ever met. The company messes up your pay every week its unorganized and stressful
Happy I made the decision I did
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 12, 2018
When I took the job at Aclara I was concerned that I wasn't going to like it as much as the job I had left. I had such a great environment previously, I just wasn't moving in a good direction. Once I started at Aclara I found I was wrong to be so apprehensive. The team immediately made me feel like part of their family in my office. Everyone has been extremely helpful on my team. My manager gives me ideas and tools to be successful. We work independently, but also very collaborative. The company is constantly trying to find ways to make everyones job more worthwhile.
Pros
Holidays, Compensation, Environment
Cons
Not keen on working from home options
No proper managment
Installer/Technician (Former Employee) –  Stony Point, NYJanuary 11, 2018
False advertising. They tell you one thing and do another. They are only worried about hitting numbers and quotas. They have you do all this safety training only to have you rush through jobs. They encourage you to cut corners but if you get caught they hang you out to dry. People are constantly in and out. Don't even waste your time.
Cons
Highly competitive and fast paced culture
SENIOR VICE PRESIDENT (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 3, 2018
Very well laid out strategy that is aggressively followed and reviewed. The company is serious about taking care of customers and growing the company with quality products.
Pros
Decisions are make quickly.
Cons
Long hours and time away from home.
Trash
Installer (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 23, 2017
Company doesn’t care about you or anything really. They care about hitting their unrealistic quotas and definitely don’t do their best for you unless you’re one of the managers favorites.
Pros
Cons
Hours. Politics. Lies.
horrible work inviroment
Class "C" Assembler (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 12, 2017
management are terrible .there is know job security at Aclara
if you like being stressed out this is the place to be . they didn't care how much OT you did they would still give you a point for coming in 1 minute.
Pros
When you did something above and beyond they gave you chocalate or candy and thats cheap.
Cons
Short breaks only 20 minutes, 10 minutes and another 10 minutes after working 12 hour shifts and manditory saturdays.
Terrible Managmenent & Environment
Technical Writer (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis County, MONovember 28, 2017
CEO & crew made sweeping changes when they came aboard a few years ago. Nothing has been developed in several years, and now they are floundering and trying to reverse course on their own changes. They have created a culture of fear and one that encourages backstabbing and dishonesty.

They use the open office concept as a façade to save money on office furniture.

VPs are dishonest and are continually trying to undermine each other so they can take over more departments. The asininity would be amusing if good employees weren't affected by the pathetic and dishonest behavior
Pros
Typical Corporate Benefits
Cons
Ridiculous lies and backstabbing created by latest CEO's culture
This place sucks
Installer (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, NYNovember 23, 2017
Management sucks and blames you for their shortcomings. I don't think that I would ever recommend anyone working at this job if they want to be able to know what's what at their job on a daily basis.
Pros
Cons
everything
busy
Shipping and Receiving (Current Employee) –  Somersworth, NHOctober 9, 2017
Aclara meters is a busy place to work. most workers tend to take on roles that are not aligned with their job. This helps you to acquire new skill in a fast paced work environment.
Interesting and relevant product and service bases.
Mechanical Designer (Former Employee) –  Solon, OHSeptember 22, 2017
Aclara provided, due to its suite of AMI solutions, many avenues for cross-functional collaboration and learning of new skills. Working here allowed/ required me to take initiative in broadening my skills base.
Pros
fun and interesting
Cons
some silos tend to develop, just as a condition of the business needs
Electrical support engineer
Sr. Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hazelwood, MOAugust 10, 2017
Worked for them for over 8 years. Taught me a lot on metering and electrical substations. Communications was another big part in making equipment to work. Great company
Pros
worked with you if you had to travel on weekends
Cons
Some management threw team members under the bus for advancement
Means to an end
Operator (Former Employee) –  Somersworth, NHMay 8, 2017
Was a full time employee of eight years, had to quit due to manager harassment/toxic workplace. Nepotism is alive and well here, so don't expect to be hired/advance without familial ties. Pay scale was changed for new hires since General Electric sold it, not worth returning. No management or encouragement/utilization of skills or growth as such. Will be mostly temporary workers to save money and maximize profit, if not already.
Pros
Insurance, vacation time
Cons
Most everything else
Toxic Workplace, Stay Away!
Engineer (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 26, 2017
what I learned: what have not to do for success. In this company, I have been witnessing deep failures because of the bad strategies and toxic work environment. By watching these, I learned how bad decisions and strategies can lead valuable resources and opportunities to deep failures.

management: unclear, uneducated decision making, unfaithful, confused, always-in-rush, very resistant to change, very intolerant different ideas, and no long investment in employees in general.

workplace culture: old-school, very conservative, toxic, bullying, and sexist. No long term investment for research and innovation except only talking about it. The fear of getting fired is always on the air everywhere. Very stressful environment which could be even seriously harmful for your health.
Pros
some benefits
Cons
life-work balance, work environment, room for advancement
Toxic Workplace
Scientist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 23, 2017
This is a toxic work place, I recommend friends to stay away for their own health. Poor management, divided teams, no good communication and tribble environment for advancement. Old school culture and people. The systems bounces back talents and changes very fast. Bullying and sexism was unfortunately normal in the team I used to work in it.
Cons
Poor culture, poor management, no room for advancement, no value for employees
Good
Program Manager/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VA 20171January 25, 2017
Managing multiple projects, satisfying customer's needs day by day.
Deliver non competitive solutions to end users and meet or exceed their expectations on daily basis to help them perform their businesses efficiently.
Good
Electrical Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  Somersworth, NHDecember 15, 2016
Very interesting place to work. Major changes and more to come. Not an easy place to move up. Company is going to be sold within 2-3 years and maximizing profit is the main goal over worker compensation/work life.
A nice place to work
PROGRAM DESIGN MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Monrovia, CADecember 3, 2016
Aclara Technologies has very nice benefits, healthy work/life balance, opportunities for career advancement and an overall decent culture. I recommend working for Aclara.
Very Productive place to work
SQL Developer (Former Employee) –  Hazelwood, MOMay 2, 2016
A typical day consisted of logging on to a remote server, and starting my development of SSIS and SSRS components. I learned alot about TSQL, specifically how to configure, manage, and deploy SSRS reports and SSIS packages. My coworkers were very supportive, offering help when I had a problem, and providing feedback to my own work. The hardest part of the job was learning a newer technology, SQL server 2014. It was also the most rewarding, as it exposed me to challenges of backwards compatibility, as several types of SQL server versions were being used at the time.
Pros
Great people to work with, education friendly environment
Cons
3 month contract.
Good workplace, but management too political.
Planning Specialist (Former Employee) –  Solon, OHApril 23, 2014
I resigned from my position at Aclara in 2011 when manufacturing was still happening there. I worked for this company for 26 years (it was formerly Hexagram, Inc.). My enjoyment of working for this company started to decline when it was bought by ESCO and became public.
Was a very good place to work. Moving manufacturing out of USA
Electronic Test Technician III (Current Employee) –  Solon, OHNovember 20, 2013
Challenging job, worked very well with other associates and my Supervisor. Disappointed to loose my job.
Pros
Paid well, decent benefits
Cons
Moving jobs out of USA

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aclara Technologies LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8