Aclara Technologies Employee Reviews

Toxic Workplace
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 22, 2017
Stay away if you care about your mental health. Toxic work place in which bullying and sexism is normal. The technology is old and the company is very allergic to change and new technology. Only recommended to grandpas.
Pros
Absolutely nothing
Cons
Toxic workplace, Terrible culture, No value for employees, Old school
Hmmm
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Hazelwood, MOJune 8, 2017
Its an Ok company.. Their shifting to something better. Sun bought them out and things are a lot better since. They still have a long way to go. They still have a long way to go. The thing I dont like is they keep so many people who dont do anything that makes us hard workers work even harder and then we are even more stressed out
Very slow paced, a lot of waiting on decisions
SENIOR COST ACCOUNTANT (Former Employee) –  Somersworth, NHMay 4, 2017
Days were very structured. There was either a lot to do all at once or there was time to do useful analytics. Management was very receptive to looking at things in different ways.

We were a small remote staff and it seemed a little lonely. I could have worked from home and it would have made no difference.
Pros
Flexible work hours, ability to do my own ad hoc analysis
Cons
Not very much interraction with others
Reliable Product and Technology
SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER - ELECTRIC (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 18, 2016
Aclara TWACS is a reliable technology and has created excellent customer satisfaction with our electric utility base. Aclara has now introduced the Synergy RF product for electric utilities.
Proposal Writer (Current Employee) –  Wellesley, MAAugust 31, 2015
Aclara has interesting products and great people. The problem is that it is owned by a private equity firm and there have been numerous reorganizations and one layoff (10% of the company) within the past year.
Pros
Good people, good work environment
Cons
Many reorganizations, private equity-owned, uncertain future
N/a
Financial Analyst; Contractor (Current Employee) –  Solon, OHDecember 17, 2014
This company has really good work life balance.

Management is very understanding.

Easy going company
Good Company
Sr. SQL Server DBA (Former Employee) –  MOSeptember 30, 2014
Good working environment. Management always takes good decisions.
DCU RMA area
Senior Electronics Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Solon, OHMay 21, 2014
The days starts out of resolving power supply issues. As new people come in I teach on the job for specific skills needed to complete tasks. The training is individually different depending on the unit that was sent back from the customer. I follow through steps of operation defined by others and put a twist on it. Know common knowledge of how they function and explaining this, I teach the possibilty of determining by knowing what is expected.Using the tools provided and the replacement parts that were order for reoccuring defects I do failure analysis on the units. This is then repaired or a suggestion is made inorder to solve the problem. One specific problem in the field was solar units weren't maintaining charge. The report of each unit was inconclusive. My failure analysis noted the load voltage of the deep cell charging battery wasn't maintaining enough load voltage. Other problems were the power supply boards were not holding programmed firmware but when rewrote, they would work. The updates on the firmware weren't allowing the correct specifications to control the solar powered charge, or also cycling charge. These were resolved by asking Field Technicians to check the deep cell maintenance free battery.The customer started replacing the batteries with a lower voltage load than allowed.

The most enjoyable part of the job was being needed to solve problems in order for the company to improve on what it had. This led to customers being satisfyied and securing work.

The managing skills offered at Aclara are above any I've been part of before. They worked with everyone
  more... to create a better environment. This led to my co-workers and myself to enjoying what we did.  less

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aclara Technologies. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6