Aclara Technologies

Aclara Technologies Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Proposal Writer (Current Employee) –  Wellesley, MAAugust 31, 2015
Aclara has interesting products and great people. The problem is that it is owned by a private equity firm and there have been numerous reorganizations and one layoff (10% of the company) within the past year.
Pros
Good people, good work environment
Cons
Many reorganizations, private equity-owned, uncertain future
Good Company With Growth Potential
Supply Chain Planner (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 17, 2014
Aclara does a good job of treating their people well and always tries to keep the employee's best interests in mind when making strategic decisions.
N/a
Financial Analyst; Contractor (Current Employee) –  Solon, OHDecember 17, 2014
This company has really good work life balance.

Management is very understanding.

Easy going company
Good Company
Sr. SQL Server DBA (Former Employee) –  MOSeptember 30, 2014
Good working environment. Management always takes good decisions.
DCU RMA area
Senior Electronics Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Solon, OHMay 21, 2014
The days starts out of resolving power supply issues. As new people come in I teach on the job for specific skills needed to complete tasks. The training is individually different depending on the unit that was sent back from the customer. I follow through steps of operation defined by others and put a twist on it. Know common knowledge of how they function and explaining this, I teach the possibilty of determining by knowing what is expected.Using the tools provided and the replacement parts that were order for reoccuring defects I do failure analysis on the units. This is then repaired or a suggestion is made inorder to solve the problem. One specific problem in the field was solar units weren't maintaining charge. The report of each unit was inconclusive. My failure analysis noted the load voltage of the deep cell charging battery wasn't maintaining enough load voltage. Other problems were the power supply boards were not holding programmed firmware but when rewrote, they would work. The updates on the firmware weren't allowing the correct specifications to control the solar powered charge, or also cycling charge. These were resolved by asking Field Technicians to check the deep cell maintenance free battery.The customer started replacing the batteries with a lower voltage load than allowed.

The most enjoyable part of the job was being needed to solve problems in order for the company to improve on what it had. This led to customers being satisfyied and securing work.

The managing skills offered at Aclara are above any I've been part of before. They worked with everyone
  more... to create a better environment. This led to my co-workers and myself to enjoying what we did.  less

1.7