ACLD Employee Reviews in United States

hello
Job Coach (Current Employee) –  Bethpage, NYMay 29, 2016
i enjoy working with people that do their best to get the job done. I like to work in an environment where every one enjoys what they do/
Need improvement
Job Coach (Current Employee) –  Bethpage, NYMarch 5, 2016
it's a good company to work for during the time I was employed ith them. the employee are pleasant they have good training workshop.
Favoritism and Follow the rules when it suits them
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Bethpage, NYMarch 3, 2016
ACLD is a place where if the right people do not like you, they will make your life miserable. They will target you, make up false accusations, if you try to report issues, you will be retaliated against. Friends get promoted, when they are not qualified for positions. If they like you, things do not get reported to HR or QM, but if they want to fire you, they will report every little thing. There is no job security, and they will not follow their own procedures of how to handle disciplinary actions, supervision-verbal warning-written warning-final warning then termination. The favoritism is rampant through out the agency. At any time you can find heads of departments posting on their phones to Facebook, gossiping in offices, shopping from Amazon, leaving early, taking 2 plus hour lunches. There is minimal training offered to people in new positions (Administrator level) where they are "too busy" to go into the residences to offer any kind of real training.
Pros
The individuals
Cons
Management, Favoritism, Nepotism, Blaming others, Lack of respect, integrity and honesty
Fun workplace and Great Employees
Receptionist (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  Bethpage, NYFebruary 14, 2016
Great place to work. I was there only on a temp assignment but the bosses were so nice and great to work with. All the employees were great to work with and made me feel like family the first day I worked there.
Pros
Great employees
Cons
No enough money
love work with the individuals
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Dix Hills, NYDecember 28, 2015
its an ok place to work. Employees need more training not just looking for a pay check. Love working with the individuals ,they make it a great place to work ,they forward to seeing you
Fun workplace
Med Tech (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYDecember 27, 2015
able to drive pts to multiple activities per day . I learned tremendously from my co-worker . As a Med Tech ,able to administered meds to pts in timely manners. Great place to work.
Horrible.place to work
Residential Manager (Current Employee) –  Bethpage, NYDecember 22, 2015
Horrible company to work for. No appreciation for staff. Run for the hills......They are liars and retaliate against employees.
Pros
You have a job until
Cons
They have no regard for people
great work place
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Bethpage, NYNovember 11, 2015
great place to work and very flexible. Great management. Everyone works together as a team. It is a rewarding field to work in.
Its ok
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  185 PHELPS LANE NORTH BOBYLON N.YNovember 5, 2015
Always something new to do an day to day goog workersdo appointment do dropoff with individual also rec activites etc.Manadgement not so bad
Pros
N/O
Cons
DOWN TIME
very good job.
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Bethpage, NYOctober 22, 2015
great job to have if your not the retail or factory type , but you need patience to work in this filed. and it is good practice if you want to join the medical field.
DSP (Current Employee) –  OYSTER BAY NYOctober 1, 2015
Great job to work at have to much fun with the set of people I sork with if your down they will sure put a smile on your face nice
Feel good job, with terrible staff.
Day Habilitation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYSeptember 21, 2015
There is a very high turnover rate at ACLD. That is due to the very poor staff that work there. The majority of them are there to collect a paycheck. Most don't care, and are not afraid to show it. They should raise the requirements to be a staff member, maybe then it will feel like a professional working environment.
Pros
Work Life Balance
Cons
Co-Workers, Management
Good work environment
Day Hab Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYAugust 8, 2015
This is a great job but I am ready to move on and learn new skills. A typical day at work is going into the community and doing volunteer work with mentally disabled adults. I have learned how to deal with many different types of people and issues that arise from adults with disabilities as well as supervise and train staff.
Culture is changing at ACLD
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bethpage, NYJuly 18, 2015
The best part of my day is working with the individuals that we serve. There is not much support from management. Everyone is so afraid of "Audits" that there first priority is looking good and covering there own behind. This comes at the cost of the individuals that we serve. It used to be a place where people used common sense and the first priority was for our individuals to live an enviable life. That culture has changed dramatically. It is now about the bottom line and preserving costs. As I look around I realize the faces and most importantly the core values have changed. Isn't the whole reason we are in this field is to help people? Well just be careful because that is not so much the case at ACLD.
Pros
Working with great individuals
Cons
Health insurance, pay, and culture
All around fulfilling Job
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYJuly 9, 2015
ACLD is a job that keeps you stimulated. It encourages creativity. Focuses on the core goals for the individuals we serve.
great job
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Great Neck, NYMay 16, 2015
A typical day at ACLD is fun and exciting. The consumers start with getting dress for work, making breakfast and get packing in the bus to start the day.

I have learned a little love and hug goes a long way.

I love my co-workers because they are always willing to help and go above and beyond for each other.

The hardest part of my job is leaving my consumers to go home.
Love and laughter
Day Habilitation Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bethpage, NYMarch 21, 2015
Great field to get into if you like being a caregiver or have a overall love to help out people that society would normally look past and judge as abnormal. You will find out that these individuals are full of love and just have been given a bad roll of the dice. However the company has many downfalls and have plenty of room to grow. Upper management can seem at times to go by the books when at times you have to make a choice from the heart. There always seems to be understaffed and this company has a very high turnover rate when it comes to staff hiring and resigning. Some of the upper management also plays favorites when it comes to people that they have become friends with vs workers that want to provide great service for the clients of the corporation. Take away the favoritism and sheer lack of common sense from some of the upper management and this would be a dream job for anyone that loves to make a difference in a person's life that needs someone that is compassionate, caring, and overall a great person.
Pros
fun co workers, special bonds created with some of the clients
Cons
favoritism, lack of staff, lack of communication
am direct support professional
AM Direct care professional (Current Employee) –  Bethpage, NYJanuary 30, 2015
Overall this company is a well run agency who main concern is the welfare of the clients that they serve on a daily basis. They have several residents and day programs in Long island newyork.
There mission is that our clients live an enviable life reaching all of the dream sthat they set for them selves.
Pros
early shift, flexiabilty
Cons
getting mandated to stay another shift
ACLD Review
Day Habilitation Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYNovember 17, 2014
LICADD provides an array of opportunity and services. Working here provided me with a well-rounded education in social work and counseling. This was an often hectic environment, and often responsibilities for projects were unclear. However, the staff here were wonderful, and an aspiring counselor can learn many skills from this environment.
Great oppertunity to grow
Community Participation Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYNovember 8, 2014
I truly enjoy working here. The benefits are great. The staff are fun loving and likable. The Individuals are interesting. The hardest part of the job (for me) is the physical assistance you need to provide for the Individuals. (I am a bit older and am starting to have limitations)
benefits
Cons
advancement is slow