ACLD Employee Reviews

Team player & Productive, fun with holiday party & summer barbacue
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bethpage, NYMay 8, 2017
Very busy dealing with clients behaviors. I learned a lot about mental health issues. Managements are very supportive. They have a lot culture diversities.
Pros
free lunches, bonuses & incitives
Cons
Not enough break
Doesn't pay well new administration not great
Day Hap Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYApril 27, 2017
ACLD was not a great place to work.The atmosphere with some of the other employees bring me back to Junior High.Fellow employees will go to administration over anything to get you in trouble.They never give praise for the goid you do,but they sure let you know any ofvthe negatives. We are Day Hab Specialists ,who also do the am and pm transportation. We receive no more an hour for driving. We work 8-4:30 but only get one half hour lunch break. Sometimes I didn't go to lunch until 1:45 ,too late.
Pros
Most fellow employees great
Cons
Driving am and pm, Medical terrible, terrible pay rate, no raises
Residential Manager is not a job, it's a lifestyle
Residential Manager (Current Employee) –  UndisclosedApril 20, 2017
Being a Residential Manager is a great job if you love serving and helping people. Everyday is different and everyday has its own challenges. Most salary jobs are 9a-5p but this job is nothing like that. Company gives you a cell phone so that staff, nursing, and family of service recipients can reach you for emergencies at all times of day and night.

You must be able to be flexible with your time and be able to adapt to change very quickly. Between managing staff, fulfilling the needs of disabled people, and keeping the nursing department happy you quickly learn that you may be the most important part of the team. Not because of your title but because of what it means. As a Manager you are the center piece of the whole team; the one who keeps all the moving parts connected and working together.
Pros
Flexible schedule, Great experience for resume, You make a difference in people's lives
Cons
At times you could be on call 24/7, make your schedule based off program needs, glorified DSP, thankless job
ACLD was a good place to work
Residential Manager (Former Employee) –  SeafordMarch 22, 2017
I typical day began with helping our people preparing for day program, administering medication and when needed transported them to program. During the day medical appointments were scheduled follow up if required. Staff assignments, reviewing data collection. Physical plant observation to ensure safe environment.
Pros
bonuses periodically
Cons
staff turnover
Fun and friendly environment
Program Aide (Current Employee) –  Bay Shore, NYFebruary 3, 2017
A typical day at work includes waiting for your child to come in and then helping them with their daily activities. I learned how to be more patient and understanding while working at ACLD.
Nice place to worl
Day Habilitation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYJanuary 28, 2017
Typical day can be a lot of fun or it can be difficult. Management I think is supportive, but they have their hands tied at times. the hardest part of the job is being short staffed. Most enjoyable is the teamwork from the staff the laughter we have with one another, and knowing we're helping the people we serve.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Benefits can be better, too short of breaks.
Fun and unique experience
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Ronkonkoma, NYJanuary 23, 2017
Working at ACLD was a very unique experience. It held a lot of challenges, but with my genuine interest in the field and my skills of adjusting to unfamiliar situations well, I was able to succeed in the job. This job has definitely taught me to be more patient when dealing with others and it has also broadened my mind by putting me in situations that were out of the ordinary with multiple individuals. With all of the challenges, I was still able to have my situations under control.
great staff
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Bethpage, NYJanuary 11, 2017
working with the company was a pleasure, the staff was always willing to help with all task. management was also a pleasure to work with also.
Great place to work.
Residential Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Oakdale, NYJanuary 11, 2017
Everyone is on the same page and puts the wellbeing of the individuals within the group home before themselves. The guys who reside at the home are higher functioning and they are great people to talk to and help with their daily activities.
cool place to work
Community Participation Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Bethpage, NYOctober 28, 2016
I enjoyed working here. you are able to advance. work was rewarding and you are compensated fairly. co workers got along well. the classrooms were clean. fair supervisors.
Very family oriented
Receptionist/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bay Shore, NYSeptember 30, 2016
I've learned so much over the years as being a Teacher's Assistant, Behavioral Analyst, and a Receptionist/Office Assistant! Very caring staff to all.
An excellent environment for professional and personal growth
Day habilitation Nurse (Current Employee) –  New York StateAugust 30, 2016
A very challenging environment with many learning experiences which have greatly expanded my knowledge base not only as a nurse but as a team player with the many other disciplines in the agency including the residential nursing, family care providers, Health care professionals at our ACLD clinic in our Bethpage location. the most difficult part of the job is room staff turn over. many staff typically are 4 year college graduates who start as DHS until a higher position in the agency or elsewhere arises. It is difficult to keep up with training as many new room staff that are regularly coming to us. The room staff are usually very hard working people yet they need a lot of direction on a daily basis. I have a good rapport with my coworkers and we work together as a team. I have learned to take on many different tasks that are even beyond my job description.
Pros
Generous vacation and personal time
Cons
Health care contribution is very expensive
hello
Job Coach (Current Employee) –  Bethpage, NYMay 29, 2016
i enjoy working with people that do their best to get the job done. I like to work in an environment where every one enjoys what they do/
Productive and fun place to work
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Bethpage, NYApril 2, 2016
Working with the individuals was a fun experience. I enjoyed working with staff. We all were one cohesive unit. I enjoyed the outings with the individuals.
Need improvement
Job Coach (Current Employee) –  Bethpage, NYMarch 5, 2016
it's a good company to work for during the time I was employed ith them. the employee are pleasant they have good training workshop.
Favoritism and Follow the rules when it suits them
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Bethpage, NYMarch 3, 2016
ACLD is a place where if the right people do not like you, they will make your life miserable. They will target you, make up false accusations, if you try to report issues, you will be retaliated against. Friends get promoted, when they are not qualified for positions. If they like you, things do not get reported to HR or QM, but if they want to fire you, they will report every little thing. There is no job security, and they will not follow their own procedures of how to handle disciplinary actions, supervision-verbal warning-written warning-final warning then termination. The favoritism is rampant through out the agency. At any time you can find heads of departments posting on their phones to Facebook, gossiping in offices, shopping from Amazon, leaving early, taking 2 plus hour lunches. There is minimal training offered to people in new positions (Administrator level) where they are "too busy" to go into the residences to offer any kind of real training.
Pros
The individuals
Cons
Management, Favoritism, Nepotism, Blaming others, Lack of respect, integrity and honesty
Fun workplace and Great Employees
Receptionist (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  Bethpage, NYFebruary 14, 2016
Great place to work. I was there only on a temp assignment but the bosses were so nice and great to work with. All the employees were great to work with and made me feel like family the first day I worked there.
Pros
Great employees
Cons
No enough money
love work with the individuals
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Dix Hills, NYDecember 28, 2015
its an ok place to work. Employees need more training not just looking for a pay check. Love working with the individuals ,they make it a great place to work ,they forward to seeing you
Fun workplace
Med Tech (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYDecember 27, 2015
able to drive pts to multiple activities per day . I learned tremendously from my co-worker . As a Med Tech ,able to administered meds to pts in timely manners. Great place to work.
Horrible.place to work
Residential Manager (Current Employee) –  Bethpage, NYDecember 22, 2015
Horrible company to work for. No appreciation for staff. Run for the hills......They are liars and retaliate against employees.
Pros
You have a job until
Cons
They have no regard for people

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ACLD. Our community is ready to answer.