aclu

aclu Employee Reviews

Lobbied for civil rights and legislation
Sales (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 25, 2013
working for the American Civil Liberties Union entailed knowledge of the organization, memorizing wraps and being able to present the information in a presentable manner to other organizations. I learned how to best sell to people by providing the background and legitimacy of the organization but also how the donations would in turn benefit the donors as well as the civil rights they were donating for.
The hardest part of the job was being able to present this information in a timely manner to people i have never met before or had just begun meeting at the job.
The most enjoyable part was witnessing the affect all our lobbying had on legislation, with the ability to assist in getting civil rights bills passed (same-sex marriage) and how it involved all the employees and donors and the significance we had had on each other as a collective group.
great way to give back to civil liberties
Diligent, Hard-worker (Former Employee), new york, new yorkSeptember 12, 2013
lobbying for civil rights legislation.
great co-workers, was commission based however, so was more of an individual experience.

About aclu

The philosopher Socrates once said, "I am that gadfly which God has given the state." While the American Civil Liberties Union – Read more