Acme Markets Employee Reviews

Stressful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Boothwyn, PADecember 6, 2017
This job caused me a great deal of stress mainly because of the customers. I loved the people I worked with but, the customers were awful. Everything is very quick paced as well of the customers get impatient
Productive, fun, and friendly environment
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  South Plainfield, NJDecember 3, 2017
Always kept clean, workers and customers are really nice. Quick and easy job with great sales for customers. Recommended for all customers who like to shop quick and easy
Pros
15 min breaks
Cons
Not enough hours
It was alright
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Chester Springs, PANovember 29, 2017
I liked working here for the most part. However, they say they need more people then never put anyone on the schedule. They were okay with flexibility for the most part, but the scheduling manager made it so that i cannot leave when i needed to, which sucked because i live a half hour away from there and cannot drive.
Pros
breaks, managers were okay
Cons
"flexibility"
No Career Advancement
Assistant Department Lead, Produce (Former Employee) –  Downingtown, PANovember 25, 2017
....Unless you an put in a minimum of 10 years just to earn a promotion (or someone retires or resigns). They lied to get me in the door by offering "full time" position.... never sniffed 40 hour work week. Coworkers became like family and management was great to me, they're hamstrung by lack of hours to give out leading to frustrated workers.
Pros
Great coworkers and management
Cons
No advancement or legit hours
Enjoyable work environment
Part Time Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Centreville, MDNovember 22, 2017
I worked in the bakery at Acme and learned how to bake all of their in house produced products and to perform some cake decorating tasks. Learning new skills was very enjoyable. This department had a great team that worked very well together. The most difficult part of this job was unpacking and stocking supplies for the department, which required lifting 30+ lb boxes of frozen dough and placing them on overhead shelves in a freezer. The most enjoyable aspect of this job was baking and decorating products and interaction with customers.
Pros
Employee discounts on products
Cons
Carrying and lifting heavy objects
ACME was good but...
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Clifton Heights, PANovember 19, 2017
Be prepared for inconsistent hours, favoritism, shady acts in the workplace. Mess. Occasionally uncomfortable customers coming in and trouble makers there.
busy atmosphere
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Newton, NJNovember 19, 2017
This is a great place to work as you are always busy. The workers are all friendly as well as customers. Hours were always guaranteed and pay was always on time.
Pros
busy and friendly atmosphere
Cons
at the time I worked there there were no benifits nor over-time
Worst Job Ever
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  121 E. City AveNovember 17, 2017
Working at Acme for three years was one of those mistakes that you learn from. 3 years wasted out of my life where I could have been working some where else.
Pros
Discount on food items
Cons
Short Breaks, Rude Managers / Customers, Ridiculous Work Schedule
An ok place
Deli Worker (Former Employee) –  Westmont, NJNovember 15, 2017
Other than a small work injury, working at the deli was alright and there was flexible hours. The team I worked with was nice and the enviornment wasn't too fast paced.
Pros
discounts
ok work place for PT
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DENovember 13, 2017
The job was very customer service orientated and requires good people skills and ability to following directions from management. They did offer vacation time, paid holidays as well.
horrible
Receiver (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJNovember 9, 2017
this company took over my previous store location when it closed. this was one of the worst companies i worked for. they dont understand the business, or the local neighborhood they were in. they raised the prices on everything and took products from the stores that customers actually wanted to buy. they never listened to us as employees on the right way to do things and make the store better and thrive. they would constantly cut hours and expect the same amount of work, sometimes more with less help. in the end they closed our location and left the neighborhood without a local supermarket to shop at
Pros
the people i worked with
Cons
the whole company
Productive and fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Maple Shade, NJNovember 6, 2017
Acme is a great first time job, for a student or a first job out of high school. Also great long term career because of the medical and union benefits provided.
Decent job but not long-term
Clerk/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 3, 2017
A typical day at ACME can vary day to day. I mostly work customer service so my day is usually taking care of customers, resolving any issues they may have, assisting the cashiers and at the end of the night putting money in the safe and counting out drawers if need be. I learned how to deal with customer issues, operate a power jack, break down deliveries, and various other things. I've had several store managers since I've been there and they each have had wildly different personalities. Some where willing to give out hours while others seem to not want to give any. The culture there is okay for the most part, my coworkers are nice, and the customers are generally nice and understanding. The hardest part of the job is dealing with unruly customers, the ones who seem like no matter what they can't be pleased. The most enjoyable part is generally working with my coworkers because most of them make it feel almost like a family.
slow paced work
Baker (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, DENovember 3, 2017
it was slow paced i was a cake decorator but i also baked cookies brownies pretzels bread and donuts i would write on cakes for customers it was a balanced work place overrall
Pros
free lunches
Cons
managment
Very manageable
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cape May Court House, NJNovember 2, 2017
Management was always understanding with the fact that school came first. very easy to find coverage and management was forgiving when mistakes were made.
Pros
guaranteed 15 min break
Cons
have to have requested off in advance
hard work for little pay
Night Crew (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DENovember 2, 2017
Management was run like a high school. I worked to the bone for these guys and they still treated me like i was an underclassed dog. The night crew guys were great, but wjen morning management came in, it was a living nightmare.
Good Summer Job
Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Ocean City, NJNovember 2, 2017
It was a good summer job paying slightly higher than other jobs. The people were nice and it was a good experience. Its a perfect part time job for a student or anybody that needs a decent paying job for a period of time.
Pros
flexible
Cons
sometimes stressful
Good people
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ogletown, DENovember 1, 2017
The people I worked with were good people. No one was annoying or cocky compared to the previous job I had. The environment was always friendly but the pay was low.
Very easy job with great co workers!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fairlawn, OHOctober 30, 2017
Being a cashier at acme was an easy relaxed job! You were always doing something so it made time fly by! My manager was the most understanding nicest man and i’m happy i got to work for him.
A good temp job
Meat Wrapper (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 29, 2017
I Worked here while going to school, they were pretty flexible. You had to stand your ground however to get what you wanted. If you were a hard worker, the company treated you good.