Acme Truck Line Employee Reviews

Great employer
Chief Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LADecember 17, 2016
I enjoyed working for Acme. I would still be employed if the oilfield had not dropped out. I worked for Acme for 12 + years and learned a significant amount about the oilfield during this time.
Productive and Fast pace environment
CLERK (Former Employee) –  Houma, LANovember 3, 2016
Co-workers were very supportive. We were called the bee hive because we all had our own task and it would look like chaos but we always got our work done. Hardest part of the job is finding trucks and meeting the quotes.
Pros
healthcare
Cons
24 hours
Awesome team makes it easy to work
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dilley, TXOctober 6, 2016
Great people to work with .Supervisors are well trained to manage any circumstance that occurs therefore it makes it confortable to work no matter what...
Pros
good pay
Cons
no cons
Loved the JOB
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Harvey, LASeptember 5, 2016
Loved working for them. Some months were crazy busy which was nice. I learned the oilfield. Enjoyed the independence and traveling thru all the towns.
Pros
Traveling
Cons
Oilfield came an abrupt halt.
Company has potential, if operated differently
Hotshot Cdl Driver (Former Employee) –  oklahoma city, okAugust 2, 2016
I'm not going to list anything bad here. It just was not a great job for me and many others ive known.

the company could be great but all terminals are individually owned so there is no consistency on policy or management.

As I said wont say the company as a whole is bad. I'm sure there are some really great terminals of this company name. My termainal was not great or enjoyable,
Pros
oilfield
Cons
pay non consitant would change week to week, loads were dispatched by favortism.
Excellent Place To Work
Warehouse/ Mail Room Worker (Former Employee) –  Gretna, LAJune 22, 2016
No place is perfect. If you're looking for negatives, you definitely will find them anywhere. That said, Acme was a great place to work. The pay is not great and advancement is severely limited. However, the benefits were fantastic. The other employees were all nice to each other. It can be a perfect stepping stone in your career path.
You definitely won't feel like just a number on the manager's data sheet.
Pros
Benefits, co-workers, time off, family-work balance
Cons
Pay, liimited advancement
Productive and fun workplace. High display of professionalism.
Credit Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gretna, LAMay 27, 2016
Working at Acme was the dream job for me. I was able to excel in my own personal skills as well as the skills obtained through Acme.
Pros
Free Gym/Health Benefits/Off for Holidays
Cons
Short Breaks
Productive environment with in-house workout space for employees.
Receptionist Telephone Operator (Former Employee) –  Gretna, LAMay 5, 2016
It was great until the company had to lay off employees who work there for many years due to the drop in the oil industry. I personally believe that quarterly bonuses could have stopped until the financial state improved.
Pros
Good benefits.
Cons
Not much diversity or opportunity for growth.
Fun people, easy money
Title - Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMarch 31, 2016
My first dispatching job, I Learned alot and was able to bring that knowledge to other companies. Like every office there was alot of drama, scandels etc..
fast paced and freedom
Oil field hot shot truck driver (Current Employee) –  Fort Lupton, COMarch 8, 2016
The overall experience is good but management is poor and the company refuses to adjust when the oil field slowed down, company terminals take preferred freight from independent terminal owners.
Pros
great pay if your willing to sacrifice
Cons
no schedule
Was good while it lasted
Chase Driver (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 20, 2016
The pay was great. Lots of hours. Down side was it took away from family time. I was never home. And My family suffered. I am now fighting to get my children back from their father.
i was a truck owner oper
Truck owner/operator (Current Employee) –  Harvey, LAJanuary 14, 2016
i hauled oil field equipment all over the south and delivered to docks and drilling rigs had to dot log hours of driving each day
Great Place
dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJanuary 11, 2016
As a(n) dispatcher at ACME TRUCH LINES LLC I loved it, amazing place to work wonderful place to work. Thet have an amazing transportation service
Different
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Houma, LADecember 14, 2015
100% of the time I was on call . I didn't know when my next check would come unless I had received a call to deliver oilfield products from one comapay to the next. The hard part about the job is the unknown . The best part was that I was able to meet many different people, travel, and over come diversity of being a female truck driver.
Pros
Traveling, meeting new people, and just the experience
Cons
Not knowing when I will get a call to leave on a job
Productive, Fast paced, fun company to work for.
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Gretna, LADecember 11, 2015
Looked forward to going to work each day as co-workers and management are a family oriented group. While working with multiple people in one big room,
At the time I was hired, I didn't know anything about the oilfield haul industry. As a Logistics dispatcher and then a terminal dispatcher, I learned the AS400 computer system along with the TIM Menu. I learned to take customer orders, process the orders, secure the proper trucks according to the customer's shipments. I also learned how to resolve any issues that might arise due to changes in orders and/or traffic situations during the load process.
I really enjoyed the camaraderie/closeness of management and co-workers. I made some life long friends through out this nation wide company,
The most difficult part of this job was being overwhelmed during a very, very busy time and being the only dispatcher in the building at the time.
The most enjoyable part of the day was walking into the office every morning being ready to roll some trucks, assist dedicated and new customers with their load requests and ending the day knowing that I had a very productive and profitable day.
Pros
Quarterly bonuses, Health benefits, Customer appreciation, Driver appreciation, Employee appreciation, Paid vacation, Sick leave, Great company to work for.
Cons
Sometimes the hours were very long, Working night shift.
It was a great place to work
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LADecember 7, 2015
The best part of my job was dispatching and customer service.Helping the customers get what they ordered on time. Meeting new people and making friends.
Pros
Going to work meeting and helpng new custmers.
Cons
no cons
good company
Truck driver (Former Employee) –  Houma, LANovember 20, 2015
good on the two day training day and your out in the truck some going to different regions get to meet some peoiple the whole nine yards.
Busy environment, fun work day
the position of Reload (Former Employee) –  Gretna, LANovember 18, 2015
I loved working in the logistics office of ACME. I got along well with my co-workers, and even though it was a very busy, fast paced office, we always made the day fun. I wish the owner wouldn't have moved it to Gretna with the corporate office.
Pros
work as many hours as desired
Cons
moved the logistics office to Gretna LA
very busy enjoyablework environment
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Lafayette LAOctober 21, 2015
take incoming calls and orders for trucks
held the Exxon account
was promoted to the reload dept and helped drivers get reloads home
I had great co-workers whom I am still in contact with today
sometimes the calls coming in were enormous and it made the day very hectic, but I would rather be busy than slow
my co-workers and getting to know the different drivers all over the US
Pros
work as many hours as desired
Cons
moved the logistics office to Gretna LA
It's a great career when it's not slow...
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Morgan City, LAOctober 20, 2015
It's a up and down career... its a owner operator job, meaning it's your business to grow.. this deal a lot with the oil field work..
Pros
You can earn good money when its busy..
Cons
when the oil field is slow your income will drop..

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Acme Truck Line. Our community is ready to answer.