Acme Truck Line Employee Reviews

Production
Owner/Operator/Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LADecember 13, 2017
Good job to work as long as the oil field in busy and steady runs good people to work with though out the terminals always will to help find loads and get the best price
Pros
Good Pay and on time
Cons
Not to steady
productive and fun workplace
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LADecember 9, 2017
I enjoyed working for Acme truck lines. It gave me great opportunities to get otr experience and to see the world. I enjoyed the staff. Acme took care of their drivers and kept us rolling
Pros
Great safety awards
Cons
none really
Stable workplace
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Gretna, LAOctober 3, 2017
Your schedule will be every other weekend with one day off before the weekend and one day off after the weekend. It can get a little hectic with ACME Logistics but it is overall a great company to work for!
depends on branch
Owner-Operator (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LAAugust 27, 2017
This depends on branch, this one was poorly ran, management would punish you if you did not take a run even though you were an independent. shows favortism
Very productive fun work place
Swamper (Former Employee) –  Robstown, TX 78380June 20, 2017
My responsibility as a Swamper is acts as a safety lookout for the truck driver by giving him clear hand signals to avoid potential hazards whenever driver is required to back-up; Latches bridal lines and winch lines properly; Greases, scrubs and cleans truck and equipment as needed; Be able to drag bridal lines for distances up to 100 feet or as necessary to complete the job; Be able to use hand tools; Capable of working at different heights above ground level; and perform maintenance as needed.
Pros
Various work envirments good pay
Cons
Long hours away from home
Awesome Job
Commission Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  New Iberia, LAMay 24, 2017
Awesome Job and Company. I was able to support myself and my family quite well until the Oilfield crashed, Provided medical insurance, 401k and stock ownership.
Acme is a top notch company to work for
CDL Truck Driver (Commercial Drivers License Truck (Former Employee) –  Harvey, LAMay 13, 2017
The owner of our fleet was terminated from Acme due to not following Acmes policy. That is the reason why we got transferred over to Team one Logs. Everything about Acme was beyond a grade A company to work for
Great place
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Alice, TXApril 19, 2017
This is a great place to get your foot in the door. If you are wanting to learn about oilfield and dispatching, then this is your place. Management was extremely helpful. Overall they are a friendly, family oriented company.
Owner Operator
Owner Operator Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMarch 27, 2017
You buy your own truck and take care of it. If they need you they call you, other than that you sit home or go fishing or whatever you want to do. that's it.
productive place
Driver (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXMarch 12, 2017
They were professional enjoyed working everyone in the company. was able to see parts of the city that i would not have seen. Been contracted everyone worked well with others.
Pros
was always busy
Cons
no healthcare
good company to work for
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXFebruary 16, 2017
busy days most of the time until oilfield drop down.
I enjoyed working with all different type of people.
It was a good company to work for.
good place work
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 15, 2017
nice place to work is really good the terminal manager #52 is good guy everithing is good when the oil industry has work but most of the time they work back in fort
On call work
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Kilgore, TXJanuary 24, 2017
I was on call 24/7. I had to go to various locations for the oilfield to deliver parts that they needed in a timely and safe manner. I enjoyed being counted on. The hardest part was never knowing when to sleep because you may get called at any given moment.
Pros
direction experience
Cons
cant plan anything at anytime
Great employer
Chief Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LADecember 17, 2016
I enjoyed working for Acme. I would still be employed if the oilfield had not dropped out. I worked for Acme for 12 + years and learned a significant amount about the oilfield during this time.
Productive and Fast pace environment
CLERK (Former Employee) –  Houma, LANovember 3, 2016
Co-workers were very supportive. We were called the bee hive because we all had our own task and it would look like chaos but we always got our work done. Hardest part of the job is finding trucks and meeting the quotes.
Pros
healthcare
Cons
24 hours
Awesome team makes it easy to work
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dilley, TXOctober 6, 2016
Great people to work with .Supervisors are well trained to manage any circumstance that occurs therefore it makes it confortable to work no matter what...
Pros
good pay
Cons
no cons
Loved the JOB
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Harvey, LASeptember 5, 2016
Loved working for them. Some months were crazy busy which was nice. I learned the oilfield. Enjoyed the independence and traveling thru all the towns.
Pros
Traveling
Cons
Oilfield came an abrupt halt.
A very fast paced job.
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 6, 2016
Enjoyed working at Acme. Learned a lot about the trucking industry. I dispatched over 100 orders per day but the hardest part of the job was trucks being out of service. Got along with other terminal managers and their staff.
Company has potential, if operated differently
Hotshot Cdl Driver (Former Employee) –  oklahoma city, okAugust 2, 2016
I'm not going to list anything bad here. It just was not a great job for me and many others ive known.

the company could be great but all terminals are individually owned so there is no consistency on policy or management.

As I said wont say the company as a whole is bad. I'm sure there are some really great terminals of this company name. My termainal was not great or enjoyable,
Pros
oilfield
Cons
pay non consitant would change week to week, loads were dispatched by favortism.
Excellent Place To Work
Warehouse/ Mail Room Worker (Former Employee) –  Gretna, LAJune 22, 2016
No place is perfect. If you're looking for negatives, you definitely will find them anywhere. That said, Acme was a great place to work. The pay is not great and advancement is severely limited. However, the benefits were fantastic. The other employees were all nice to each other. It can be a perfect stepping stone in your career path.
You definitely won't feel like just a number on the manager's data sheet.
Pros
Benefits, co-workers, time off, family-work balance
Cons
Pay, liimited advancement