ACMH Employee Reviews in United States

good place to work
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 18, 2016
the place was adequate for learning however the supervisor did not want to commit to increase pay which they said they would
Cons
did not increase pay for employees
I truly love working here. management is superb and understanding
Peer counselor (Current Employee) –  New York City, NYNovember 23, 2015
I enjoy helping others. I continue to learn everyday.. I'm a peer counselor. I assist people who are going through a mental crisis. We are a five star respite. I love seeing the difference in people from the day they come in until there discharge. It's very rewarding to see what our team can accomplish. We are dedicated.
Pros
Great salary and compensation
Cons
The medical buy in is a bit high.
Great company!
Peer Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 8, 2015
Supportive work environment, flexible work hours,.Growth and learning are encouraged. My assignments are varied and challenging. I recommend this company highly.
Pros
see above
Cons
A productive and fast paced work environment
Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  Queens Village, NYSeptember 28, 2015
A wonderful atmosphere with cooperative and hardworking coworkers. Management on the other hand can do with some work and more patience towards their workers.
Great clients great coworkers
Case worker (Former Employee) –  Queens NYSeptember 22, 2015
I loved working with the clients and the coworkers I had were the best in the industry (passionate, dedicated, professional, and supportive) however I honestly didn't understand the logic in some of the promotions that were given to people. Also didn't understand how some very good people were never given the opportunity to advance.
Pros
good salary, easy parking, great clients and staff
Cons
management plays favorites, expensive family health insurance plan
wonderful learning experience
Resident Advisor/Case Aide (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 2, 2015
The work place had supportive management. Management cared about your personal needs. YOU was consider more then just an employee, but someone who can make a change in an individual life.
enjoyable part of work was working along side my colleagues who worked at the front desk, we keep each other up to date with any changes regarding clients. there is grow with in the company, able to advance to a higher level. there was always new challenging and exciting projects going on each day, from groups, to errands with clients to conflicts. everyday was a proactive.
Pros
paid lunch break, a great learning experience, and advancement
Cons
health care
Good Company
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Queens Village, NYJuly 22, 2015
Enjoy working at this Not for profit company. Good environment, great employees and hands on experience with residents.
it's ok on a nornally day
Resident Advisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 9, 2015
its ok and fun environment to work at over all and people are great and down to earth and kind of make you feel like you are at home.
Pros
nice work place and friendly area
Cons
need more programs for tenants
Flexible work hours, excellent wage and salary
Case Manager (Queens,NY) (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 1, 2015
I enjoy working with the clients and my co-workers. A lot of support from co-workers not so much upper management.

Job Duties: assist clients transition into the community within a two year period. Meet with clients twice a week. Interact with many professionals in the mental health field which can lead to networking opportunities for job advancement in other agencies.
Pros
pros: salary and benefits first day of employment
Cons
cons: poor management, advancement based on favoritism, not merit. management cares about perfect paperwork then client's stability.
Good Company to work for.
Confidential Secretary/Supervisor/Speech Therapy (Former Employee) –  Kittanning, PASeptember 2, 2014
Amazing Employees. Many supervisors in positions that they shouldnt hold because they do not have the people skills
Pros
great benefits
Cons
shift work
i love...
Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 4, 2014
i love to help the less fortunate and disable community, they are nice genuwine people who are in need of alot of help.
Pros
paid lunch
Great work environment
Staff (Former Employee) –  ManhattanNovember 2, 2013
Worked with a great staff. Learned many new skills. Constantly opportunities for advancement.
Disappointing.
Radiation Therapist (parttime) (Former Employee) –  Radiation OncologySeptember 9, 2013
Did not value my experience,appeared to be friendly. Equipment was antiqued and hard to work with. Co-workers were kind. Most enjoyable part of my job was the patients. Management was in stages of transferring leaders.
Pros
most days free lunch from outside vendors.
Cons
as mentioned above, need updated equipment.
A very friendly work environment
medical assistant (Former Employee) –  Kittanning, PAJuly 31, 2013
My co workers were great to work with. I learned a lot about cardiology and ekg interpretation, pacemakers, and scanning Holter monitors

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ACMH. Our community is ready to answer.