Acorn Stairlifts Employee Reviews

Okay job if you’re just passing through
Client Advisor (Former Employee) –  Mid atlanticOctober 23, 2017
Typical day is running 2 appointments a day if lucky. Management consists of dead end hangers on who couldn’t make it in a job requiring a college education. Most of them can’t do basic math? The company culture is no accountability. It’s always someone else’s fault when management drops the ball. They mass produce marketing materials with misspelled words, including their website. Routinely lie to their employees as part of policy. Misrespesent the product as part of policy. High turnover. The most enjoyable part of the job was leaving.
Pros
Company car.
Cons
Ignorant management, high turn over.
Acorn
Tech Liaison (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 3, 2017
Understaffed under trained poor communicating little room for advancement the management act like teenagers in high school the management of the scheduling department is lewd and extremely unprofessional.
Client Advisor
Client Advisor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 31, 2017
Every day the Client Advisor goes into the homes of customers to provide a solution to get up the stairs safely and without pain. Being with the customers is very rewarding. The hardest part of the job is never knowing where you will be each day.
Pros
New people every day
Cons
Lack of Appointments, depending on your area
Fun and professional
APPOINTMENT SETTER (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 26, 2017
Love this job. The only reason why I left was because I relocated. Training was intense but taught you a lot. They really prepare you before you get on the floor.
Pros
Great friends and benefits
Cons
Need a car
Fun work place with a team and goals
Sales solution specialist/appointment setter (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 12, 2017
My day at work usually went very quickly since i was able to keep busy and go as fast as I wanted. I enjoyed working as a team and meeting goals as a whole. This was a high pressure job, but the company made it very enjoyable and the compensation was beyond my expectations.
Service to others and self
Blend: Tech/Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 23, 2017
My day started every morning with waking up around five A.M. CST to look at my schedule. Via table/laptop were appointments for the day, this changed everyday and is scheduled through the home office in Florida. The day to day work consisted of meetings with potential prospects and installation/service of stairlifts in customers residence. I worked completely independent of any office in the city of San Antonio Texas. I was responsible for the territory of all the Hill Country in the state of Texas ie. San Antonio, Austin, Canyon Lake, Wimberly, Helotes, etc. I reported to management in Florida via phone and computer (skype) for closing deals and scheduling installs, service, and inventory. I kept daily logs of company vehicle, inventory, and finance/deposits for head office. Great experience overall with unlimited earning potential. I loved the work, both communicating with people and the construction work involved for installation.
Pros
Independence, customers, earnings
Cons
16 + hours a day for 7 days a wk, communication breakdown within management
The best
Tier II Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 26, 2016
Best company I've ever worked for.
Best positions I've ever held.
I am happy with the experience I gained working at Acorn Stairlifts
work area's
Aftercare Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 25, 2016
Not a bad company to work for, they help the associates and create a good work environment

The company doesn't have much room for advancement

You are at a desk for 8 hours of the day but it is comfortable
Loved this job
Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, CAAugust 4, 2014
absolutely a great company to work for. if they hadn't had to close the San Diego office I'd still be with them.
Pros
great people
Cons
great co-workers but, bad in every other way
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJJune 24, 2014
A typical work day would be 5 people trying to run a 10-15 minimum people should be doing, You can't get any raises or advancement opportunity. The management is always hired from the outside and never within. Also the management staff has no idea what it's doing. The co-workers was the best part of the job even though we are being over worked we try to make the best of everything. Hardest part of the job is wanting to come in everyday. Most enjoyable was the co-workers.
Pros
PTO time, co-workers
Cons
don't get your breaks and lunch can be cut short, no raises, no advancement opportunity
Management Constantly Changing Policies and Commission Structure
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 21, 2014
Little room to advance in the company, compensation is purely commission based and is not paid until the unit is installed. Constantly pressured to increase sales using high pressure tactics and in some cases misrepresenting the product to the customer in order to make the sale. They are more concerned with making their sales quotas and spending money on advertising, rather than investing in infrastructure and product improvement. I would advise anyone considering working here to think twice before accepting, they will promise you the sky but in reality the compensation potential they say is a little skewed!
Pros
Pto
Cons
Bad Leads, A lot of traveling for few sales, product demand slowly decreasing
Very busy
Technical Support Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 7, 2013
I enjoyed working at Acorn. I will miss the employees and my team.
Pros
Vacations days
Cons
Limited space in facility
Outside Client Advisor
Client Advisor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 26, 2013
My typical day starts out with the appointments that the main office makes for me. I drive up to 120 mile radius. I meet with potential customers in their house to determine if my product can help their needs. I explain our product, measure the staircase, and close the sale. The negative about this is there are not alot of appointments and i have no control of that. Plus this position is 100% commission based on after the installation.
Good place Good prduct.
Inside Agent / Retention Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 15, 2012
UK Based Company, They appreciate employees. Great if you enjoy sitting in a 2' x3'cubicle everyday.
Pros
benefits, values and products
Cons
must be part of the click to be in.