Acosta Sales & Marketing

Acosta Sales & Marketing United States Employee Reviews

Good part time no benefit company
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLApril 24, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedule, good entry level job
Cons: No benefits, Lots of travel time
It is a good company to work for as a springboard into another position. I have learned a ton about the other side of retail businesses. Lots of travel. Pay is average.
Good place to work with fair pay.
reset team member (Former Employee), Batavia, OHApril 24, 2015
Pros: easy work, decent pay.
Cons: not many, probably just that you wont work 40 hrs most weeks.
Its a good place to work, jobs relatively easy and simple. Pay is pretty decent for the work your asked to do. work 30-40hrs per week, so its a good part time job or a good first job for anyone just starting out in the workforce.
Great company just do not expect to get your bonuses paid
Retail Sales Trainer (Current Employee), Edison, NJApril 22, 2015
Pros: Great company benefits and working environment
Cons: They rip you off on your bonuses because they change policies without informing employees.
This is one of the easiest and most common sense jobs on the planet. It allows flexibility and helps build great relationships. The benefits are some of the best out there. You learn about how other industries function and build good product knowledge. If you are very sharp, quick and smart you can totally be successful in the job.

The company dangles your quarterly bonus in front of you building up expectations during the first quarter only to last minute decide that they will not pay it. They do not keep you aware of your quotas and internally make changes without discussing it with employees. In my case, I was offered an additional $500 for my bonus because I did the company a favor and gave up a whole month of my life to work on a pilot program in a store that is 100 miles from my home. I stayed in hotels and was home one day a week. They were so poorly managed that they forgot what they agreed to pay me extra that they called me to ask me what they offered me. I told them what the number was and I was told that they started putting in the bonuses. Now a few days later I am told that 90% of us are not getting them. I missed my quota by like 9% apparently. I already agreed to do the company another favor this weekend that is coming up. Guess what. After this favor I will never do them any more favors. They pay is low as it is and I was relying on this bonus to pay off one of my debts. If you come work for this company everything is great but do not expect to get your bonuses
i love working in the merchandise field and i like working independently or with a team
retail merchandisr (Former Employee), longview washingtonApril 18, 2015
Pros: I'm a real hard worker and you can take ypur time doing your job
Cons: not enough work all year long
I love working independently or with people. I'm a very hard worker I've done merchandising for the last 8 years. I'm also a real flexible person.
Horrible, unorganized, unknowledgeable manager! AWFUL!
Retail Associate (Former Employee), Mansfield, OHApril 16, 2015
Pros: Flexiblity
Cons: Management is a hot mess, not enough hours, no financial growth, mileage isn't worth it.
The job itself is fun, and easy....IF! you can make sense of the the emails that they send you! or if you're lucky enough to get a good Unit manager! For me the manager I had was lazy, unorganized, unreliable, and just a complete mess!
When I was hired I was told that I would be working 20-25 hours a week! I was barely getting 15 hours a week and then the merger happened! and I was down to 6-10 hours a week. there's also no financial growth WHATSOEVER! Not a practical if you have bills and such! if you're retired or a student this is the perfect job for you. I was VERY DISAPPOINTED IN THE MANAGEMENT DEPARTMENT! Be warned if you get a job with be ready for emails that have just been forwarded a billion times!
Some Management are there for you and not themselves
Sales & Marketing (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLApril 13, 2015
Pros: Good Benefits for F/T
Cons: They can drop status when they want; F/T - P/T
A day could range 6-9hrs. We got to make our schedule, as long as the hrs for ea. store was met. Dealing with products, you learn of UPC #'s, and shelving procdures. You watch for Out of Dates, and overall apearance of the product.

The Company overall was great when I started at F/T. Always seeming to want to take care of its personel. After time, a new UM for my area was hired, and everything went down hill. I was cut to P/T, and the attitude of other coworkers changed.

The enjoyable part of the job was that I was keeping bad or out of date products away from the public, keeping them safe. But also I was introducing new products to them some times which good be a task, making sales.
flexible position
Merchandiser/Auditor for Maui (Current Employee), Maui, HIApril 11, 2015
Pros: flex schedule
Cons: no hours
Can work flexible hours within the days required to work. You work independently, must be self motivated and understand directions.
Horrible Management, awful enviroment, insufficient pay
Claims Resolution Analyst (Former Employee), Temple Terrace, FLApril 10, 2015
The Temple Terrace office has been ran into the dirt by the awful, management. There is no structure to the standards, so what you do one day May be wrong the next with out warning. Employees are given special treatment based on their time with the company under the supervisors. The supervisors will always complain about the work you do, even if it is exceeding the expectations. The compensation is far below that of similar positions, and raises do not exist. Though they may ask you to work overtime, you probably will not be doing your work but someone else's , even if you are behind. There are a thousand meetings about everything, but then you will get in trouble for not completing enough work. Though this job may seem great, give it a few weeks and the true colors will show.
Flexibility
Unit Manager (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLApril 8, 2015
The company has great flexibility, and good work week hours. However, they do not like to pay managers what they are worth.
very good
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee), Lombard, ILApril 8, 2015
excellent to work for would recommend employment to other people they treat their employees well. a good variety of work.
fun and interesting job
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 6, 2015
Pros: making your own schedule
Cons: no full time positions
A typical work day for me is always a learning experience, motivating and filled with dedication, multi - tasking and hard work and building relationships daily. i have learned to ask any question that's on your mind and always complete all task assigned. management is awesome and very helpful and motivating. my co-workers are full of support, suprises and confidence. the hardest part of the job would be losing territories.the most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people and learning new things and being blessed with new adventure daily.
I enjoy merchandising,I am good at it,mainly my own boss,I have helped with dept "look" sales increases,less shrink.
PT Merchandiser (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Good working conditions, mostly own schedule, 22-25 hrs just right, good supervisor, treated as a professional.
Cons: Midnight visits 8-10 per year, stores sell out of hot item, nothing we can do but audit, stores not keeping clean what I displayed.
I have 51 years of retail experience,I am aggressive,confident in my abilities. I spent past 7 years with Acosta/Mosaic as amerchandiser.
Acosta is restructuring the company. I lost my area of eastern Cincinnat but was offered the Florence Ky area. This is to far to drive daily.
Fast pace, high volume atmosphere.
Entry level (Current Employee), jacksonville, flMarch 28, 2015
It is an excellent company to work for. Recruiting for merchandisers nationwide it is a fast pace and high volume position.
It's a well known company
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 28, 2015
Pros: Paid vacation when you average 20 hours a week.
Cons: It's not full time.
I am a rep for Impact. Which is a branch of Acosta. I go to different stores doing resets, display setups and continuity work. My stores include Walmart, Target, Kroger, Albertons and many more. I work with management to get approval for my work, My co-workers and myself work as a team. The hardest part of the job is when we have to work in freezers. The most enjoyable part of the job is being recognized for a job well done.
See below
Retail Sales Manager (Current Employee), Marlborough, MAMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Make my own schedule
Cons: mileage reimbursement
The tablet is programmed for each specific acct that I have (S&S or Big Y). Tablet dictates what needs to be done on each store call. . Occasionally I'll call or send an e-mail to a co worker to communicate on an issue I see in a certain chain---verify displays---pricing etc. Managing my time could be considered "hardest" part as I can easily get involved with work and it gets away from me.
Great company!
Analyst (Current Employee), Eden Prairie, MNMarch 26, 2015
Acosta is a great company to work for - while the pay may not be as high as other companies, if you are on a team with good management then the flexible schedule makes up for the lower pay.
Lots of travel
District Manager (Former Employee), Lisle, ILMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Company car
Cons: No advancement oprotunities.
I was a District Manager seeing over 15 reps over seven states and 500 Wal-Marts.
Typical day would be spent reviewing my objectives for the day. Then reaching out to each rep on a daily basis if they needed anything from me.
At times I would work with my reps personally and help guide them in being more efficient with their time. Or perhaps they had a problem the could not resolve and I would help them through the problem.
What I learned is that all of my reps had a different idea on how to communicate and help guide them. All different manager styles.
My team members were great. We all worked together very well.
The hardest part of the job was the traveling 4 out of five days a week.
The most enjoyable part of the job was traveling four out of five days a week.
Overall...acceptable
Product Brand Ambassador (Current Employee), Milltown, NJMarch 22, 2015
*Have only been working there for a short amount of time
*Work is acceptable as a part-time job
*Great learning experience
*Benefits are for full time employees
strictly business; dont care about personal life
Claims Clearing Administrator (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 21, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: poor managemet and hr department
you come to work at 730 in the morning and you work you have two fifteen min. breaks one in the morning and one in the afternoon. You work on claims all day you either do a check request or you will do the deduction. you clear the clients claims inside of their system.
Merchandiser/Sales Representative (Current Employee), horseheads, NYMarch 17, 2015
great place to work very fast paced enviorment. Very flexable hours. work when ya want you. pay is ok for the job you are doing. travel is required

1 2 3 4 5

About Acosta Sales & Marketing

Acosta Sales & Marketing is a leading full-service sales and marketing agency providing outsourced headquarter sales, retail – Read more

Acosta Sales & Marketing Salaries