Acosta Sales & Marketing Employee Reviews

Standard Merchandising
Sales and Marketing Liaison (Former Employee) –  Enid, OKJuly 27, 2017
Not a lot to say here. Standard merchandising job. Well, actually they did give a company issued Galaxy Pad to record your work with onsite. That was pretty cool.
Pros
Galaxy pad.
Cons
Travel, sometimes underpaid for jobs.
Easy work
Retail Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 26, 2017
Easy work with compensation above minimum wage. Upper management for me was wonderful. Working part-time gives you flexibility in planning your schedule
Pros
flexibility
Cons
I found it monotonous.
Great company
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 26, 2017
Really enjoyed working here. Hated having to leave but had to due to personal reasons. The flexibility to schedule allowed for part time to full time
Pros
Flexable schedule
Cons
Traveling
VERY flexable
SPARC (shelf product availability retail coverage) (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 24, 2017
typical day would be going to 3-5 stores and perform the task. I learned the pro and cons of being a 3rd party vendor. Hardest part of a job would be the time limits for each store. Most enjoyable part would be driving out to rural areas.
Pros
Flexability
Cons
in-store time limits
P&G sales
Specialist P&G merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COJuly 23, 2017
I was not supervised, had to manage my own time. Not much pressure, my boss made my job very easy and explain things in a friendly manner.I really enjoyed working at Acosta.
Asking too much and giving too little
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  South Florida, FLJuly 22, 2017
I enjoyed working for this company at one time. But it seems like to harder I work and the more I go above and beyond, the less I receive. My schedule constantly changes and goes against my availability and I'm told if I don't accept the changes then I'll be fired. We're put in impossible situations and expected to still complete all there is. District and upper Management is more concerned about their egos rather than helping the teams that desperately need it. No raises no matter how amazing at your job you. No bonuses for any reason. Just constant blame and no one claims responsibility.
Pros
There really aren't any
Cons
Management at all levels, pay, no appreciation, no bonuses
Great Company
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAJuly 21, 2017
Making sure my team meet the Clients demands. Fighting for my team when bonuses or wage increases are warranted. Communicated with Clients to get Sales and contracts needed for the company.
No raises but lots of v.p.'s
Retail Coverage Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 21, 2017
Been around for 5 years. Not one raise. Noon gets one unless all get one. I am sure the upper management get raises based on merit, not what the VP next door did..
Pros
Left alone
Cons
No incentive to do more.
Rewarding and hard work from Acosta's big name clients
Retail Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDJuly 20, 2017
The happiness of people working here is verydependant, I believe, in the kind of manager you have. I was extremely lucky to have an understanding, patient, appreciative, boss who was blessed with a superior sense of humor. He always took time to help me, and to explain new projects, and to walk around my stores with me, talking to managers and supporting my work.

I can't praise him too much. Kraft and Proctor and Gamble are two manufacturers who take their programs very seriously and do not tolerate any aspect of failure in merchandising their products.. They and their products carry a lot of weight in the stores, so stores are very willing to comply with their very numerous demands for display, and their seasonal programs.. This is a rewarding job for someone willing to work hard.
Pros
Acosta is a big name to stores, who wanr to work well with it.
Cons
Not really any cons.
No chance for advancement / pyramid scheme
Retail Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 10, 2017
Management makes better commission off of the sales rep sales than they do. No chance for advancement below there...Pay grade is brutal. Not worth the time and effort.
Love the job looking for part time
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Macomb, MIJuly 10, 2017
Love job looking for part time I currently hold a full time position and I am looking for something that is part time job is great and so is my supervisor I have. I conplaints
Supportive and Fun
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 4, 2017
Everyone helped, were supportive and had a good team atmosphere.
When we worked with a team. I was assigned one store to work independently to reset the merchandise shelves. I had great support from my manager if something did not look right with the assignment.
I had a good working relationship with the managers at the Kroger store I was assigned. When I needed time off from work they worked with me and covered my store during my absence.On some jobs that were to big and that would take to long to do, we either teamed up with another store and would help each other by working together to complete the job. Other times they would send in floaters to help complete the assignment .
Pros
I could start when I wanted as long as the job was completed by a certain time.
Cons
Hours were not consistant
Not participating
Retail Coverage Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAJune 30, 2017
A typical day is going into assigned Walmart's and performing the following as a Retail Merchandizer.

• Direction for best practices to increase productivity and revenue.
• Deliver Sales Fundamentals to meet retail priorities.
• Develop and Achieve objectives by developing relationships with key operations decision-makers.
• Coordinate and collaborate major retail initiatives of new product introductions
A typical day at work
Retail Coverage Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJune 29, 2017
Leave house 5:30am first stop 7am, after 1st stop continue thru all stops. Off work by 5pm everyday and transfer work by 4pm. After speaking with TM and discussing the next day schedule. Download stores for next day.
Pros
Excellent management
Cons
Drive time
varied clientele and needs
retail client merchandiser (Current Employee) –  FloridaJune 28, 2017
enjoyed company but not enough hours forward thinking instituting new ideas, wide range of clients each with their own needs am looking any future opportunities that may be out there
Pros
schedule flexibility
Cons
limited contact with co-workers
merchandiser for acosta
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 27, 2017
my postion was merchandiser to make sure my brand is fully stocked and ready for sale.i really enjoyed this job and anew workplace culture.i like the management gave the flexibility to work.
Great job for those who need a flexible scheduale
TERRITORY MANAGER (Current Employee) –  breaJune 26, 2017
I like working for Acosta. I find the environment great and the flexible hours works well with my schedule. My manager is understanding and motivated and makes me glad to be part of the Acosta team.
mechandiser
MERCHANDISER (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 26, 2017
Good company to work for. they do a great job at communication. with letting you know what your daily task. also take a strong approach at getting you help if you need it.
A decent job if you need a few extra bucks for the month
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, PAJune 26, 2017
I liked it but I didn't work there very long. It's a job if you need extra cash but nothing more. Not many hours and depending on the location of the job you'd have to drive a lot. Atleast they compensate for gas.
Pros
Schedule your own hours
Cons
Not many hours
Most of Acosta's employee's work virtually.
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJune 26, 2017
The hardest part of the job was learning to be self disciplined to work in an office within the home without anyone walking behind me verifying that I was actually working.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Lack of guidelines and parameters.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Acosta Sales & Marketing. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7