Acosta Sales & Marketing

Acosta Sales & Marketing Employee Reviews

Bad
Merchandising (Current Employee) –  Defuniak Springs, FLFebruary 9, 2016
been with them several went through about 5 managers have to give them your first hr of driving each way and the first 30 miles so you cold drive a hr to do a 30 min job and back home and you just worked for free never a raise or Christmas bonus ,,find another company you get very few hrs with this co. also they give you a tablet that has a gps so they every thing about you its nuts I DO NOT RECOMMEND
Cons
not enough hrs or regular work you could go weeks with no work
This is a fun and intresting job to be apart of but as far as getting payed just expect not to get payed until a month or later after doing the job
Reset Team Member (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 9, 2016
I like this job alot as a subcontractor but they do not like to pay on time. The job is really fun and never gets boring. When I first started working I was being payed on time but now they have been super late on payment.
Pros
new people, travel, fun, never get bored
Cons
pay
Acosta is a great place to work
Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sharonville, OHFebruary 2, 2016
I loved my job at Acosta however, I was on the road 3 hours out of the day. I had no family time. it was a fun and fast paced job and I really enjoyed it. My boss and Co workers were great too.
Pros
Always giving bonuses
Cons
Long Distance from home
The employees I work with
retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Rock Springs, WYFebruary 1, 2016
I enjoy working with the employee's of the store I work in they are very helpful when needed and are an overall great bunch of people. My store Manager is on top of things and his store is very organized and clean he really takes pride in it and I am glad to be working in his store.
Pros
It works well with being able to spend time with family
Cons
there is very little room to transfer or move up unless you live in utah
Great people to work with, but the company has forgotten its roots.
RETAIL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 1, 2016
I had the pleasure of working with many excellent people. I learned from my associates and gained great experience on a daily basis. The people who worked for me were dedicated and conscientious and I enjoyed my position.
The company has seemed to have lost their way in the recent years. Worried more about their hedge fund ownership than their overall mission. They have forgotten the basis of their business at the retail level.
Pros
Great people to work with.
Cons
Forgotten wha they were built on.
Good Workplace, Good People
Retail Service Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJanuary 31, 2016
I would recommend working here, it's a good atmosphere and management is generally friendly and understanding. Personally I have had a good experience working here.
Pros
Flexible Schedules
Cons
Infrequent Hours
Review
Acosta Sales and Marketing (Former Employee) –  Midwest City, OKJanuary 30, 2016
The job was good, hours were good, managers wouldn't let you really express interest in moving up, or answer questions you might have spur of the moment, were always rushing you.
Interesting business model, sells services that aren't really needed, at least in my service area
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Dillon, COJanuary 30, 2016
For starters, their hiring strategy is misleading at best. I applied online for a job at Kroger. I get a call from Acosta, saying that they have accepted my application, and they ask when I can start. I foolishly assumed that Acosta was a clerical or hiring contractor, and that I would be employed at Kroger. No such luck. I meet with the boss at a store and am told that I will actually be working for Acosta and that I will be a merchandiser, calling on different stores.

At this point I was actually pretty excited at my luck. I was going to get to run a route, work in a variety of different stores, and get mileage reimbursement and drive time hours on top of it. Too good to be true, right? Yup. I start going through their online training course which was incomplete and very buggy, wouldn't even certify that I had completed like it was supposed to, had to take screen shots of everything and email them to my boss. As I worked my way through training, it became apparent that I had been lied to again. This was actually a sales and marketing job, and merchandising is what I would be doing in my free time.

Turns out my job is actually to sell extra product and displays to managers for upcoming promotions. Sounds legit, right? Until you realize that corporate decides what displays each store is gonna get, and they often send way more than the store can even get on the floor. They also automatically send extra product for promotions, usually more then the store can sell and it ends up just sitting in the back room. Several of my stores still have at least half a pallet of canned
  more... gravy sitting in the back room from Thanksgiving (it's January now). Of course they are getting audited on a regular basis by corporate on whether they have enough of the stuff out. That's where my job comes in. The distributors aren't happy with the way the chain management and store management is selling their product, so they contract with Acosta to try and get the stores to buy even more. Needless to say, Acosta reps aren't very well liked in the retail business. One of my stores has managers that tell me to go away and that they don't want to talk with me, they will also send me on wild goose chases looking for the wrong people just to get rid of me. One of the employees even tried to convince me that she didn't even work there, all the while wearing a store issued name tag.

Their payroll and mileage reimbursement applications are also very buggy at best. Hours are deleted, so you need to double check every day. Miles are even worse, they are constantly deleting calls that you made, and then unsubmitting the corrected miles right before the deadline, so they just roll over to the next month, often for months at a time. And when miles makes up for about a third of your paycheck, it's incredibly annoying at best.

Sometimes you can sell product, and many of the managers are actually grateful for the extra help getting displays out, but the amount of time that I spend actually making sales and making a positive difference for the distributors is about 10%. The rest of my time quota is spent making up jobs that don't need done.

There are good parts of the job, like the fact that I haven't seen my boss in three months since she works an area a hundred miles away, or the fact that I do have a good boss, or the mileage reimbursement, or never working in one store for more than three hours at a time. And to be fair, a lot of the issues I deal with are due to the fact that I work a rural service area and the stores are small and often still get the same amount of product as the city stores. But this is definitely a job to look long and hard at if you are going to consider it. Don't just jump like I did.
Pros
Make your own schedule, Variety in work environment (sorta, they are just different locations, same store chains), Lots of drive time with miles reimbursement and driving hours
Cons
Mediocre organization, Lack of product information, Horrible payroll and mileage reimbursement record keeping, Constant mind-numbing boredom, Not enough work to fill time quota
Excellent part time job
Retail Mandate - merchandising team (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 29, 2016
Fun place to work, great team building and team working environment. My only beef is the position although previously a full time job it is only part time and I need to work full time.
Bad Company to work for
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 28, 2016
good hours great co workers the company donot give rasies and will take your fulltime position and make you partime with a week notice.
Provide a lot of sample products
Speciality Sales (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJanuary 23, 2016
working everyday is challeging presenting new products.
management provides good communication throughout the team.
learned different facets of the grocery industry.
Pros
good communication
Cons
never provide pay raises
Great employer
Sales Rep/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 21, 2016
Had to use my own vehicle to travel. Although mileage was paid, there was no compensation for car maintenance. Little training and communication. Easy work, no weekends
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
High stress as a manager
Good to work if Temp
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Brea, CAJanuary 21, 2016
They offer medical and car insurance but no raises or promotions no matter how long you've been working. I've commited 5 years to this company and the most i've gotten was a thank you letter. and as far as bonuses I got a holiday check for $5 -_-
Pros
insurance benefits
Cons
no raises or promotions
Overall it was a great place to work.
Delivery Driver/Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  National City, CAJanuary 18, 2016
I would go in at 6am and do deliveries in the morning then help in the warehouse. Me and my co-workers worked together as a team. I learned how to pull orders in the warehouse and perform inventory and receiving. The hardest part of the job was trying to finishing the tasks on time and the enjoyable part of the job was that the work performed was fairly easy to do. Management would keep you informed on what needed to be done and what work was coming up in the future.
Pros
They would buy us lunch for our hard work
Cons
We received 2 short breaks a day
Good company to work for, wishing for more opportunity.
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 16, 2016
Love the flexibility, however would like more hrs. Disappointed that there is not more opportunity within the company.
Good and bad..typical of every job
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 15, 2016
Flexible hours, awesome supervisor, good pay. Just wished I would have been given a raise in the time I spent with the company.
Pros
lots of praise
Cons
no raise
Pretty good company.
Fresh Food Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Central Valley, CAJanuary 15, 2016
Great for those who enjoy interacting with the public and are comfortable working independently. Advancement is fairly easy when you apply yourself.
Pros
Great job.
Cons
Travel. Compensation for travel.
Flexable Schedule
Project Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 13, 2016
I drive between stores, to check product, introduce new product. I learned how to use a tablet for my work. Management is unsupportive of advancement.. My co-workers are all looking for employment elsewhere for the same reason. The hardest part of the job is the same activity day after day. The most enjoyable part is the flexibility, being out on your own.
Pros
Flexable schedule
Cons
No room for advancement
Great place to work for part time work
Lead reset merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIJanuary 12, 2016
I have worked in many different areas at this company. I have worked the daytime which involved doing small resets, setting up coupons, etc. And worked the night shift which involved small to large resets. It went amazing when everyone worked hard and was awful when people slacked. My manager was amazing. Full of compliments when a job was done well. Was usually always there via phone/text and trusted her employees to make decisions. I enjoyed working for this company. Would have loved to work full time with benefits but knew what I got hired for.
Pros
Great managers. OK pay. OK hours.
Cons
Never knew what you were walking into. No benefits. No pay raises.
A Great Place to Learn Work Ethic
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  NevadaJanuary 10, 2016
I enjoy my co-workers and the management is definitely approachable. This is not a company I would build a career around, but for part time work to meet and enjoy co-workers, it is great.
Pros
Work is done in early afternoon.
Cons
Work begins very early, 5:00 AM