Acosta Sales & Marketing

Acosta Sales & Marketing Employee Reviews

My summary is accurate, based on my expecataions
Sales & Marketing (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FloridaAugust 27, 2015
The work was very independent, which is something I both wanted and liked.
I was being asked to sell, (not up sell) as a much heavier component of the job than I had expected based on the up front information and interviews than I had expected.
Selling is fine if your informed of it from the get go. In addition, selling is a business art that when done at an average level is compensated at a much higher level than the $13 I was being paid.
I was disappointed and will move on.
I enjoy my coworkers and the other activities the company offers.
Operations Coordinator (Current Employee), Irving, TXAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Good people, activities, like to give back to the community
Cons: Work/life balance, benefits, not much room to grow.
I have enjoyed working at Acosta/Mosaic the last 8 years. However, I feel that I have hit a ceiling and I am looking to grow in my career. I am looking for a job with a good work/life balance. I do not mind working but I would also love to have time for myself, family, and friends.
Ok company but always changing
sales executive (Former Employee), hickory ncAugust 26, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: always changing
Working in mass retail stores doing projects. There were always changes and never any structure,Promises are made and not kept.
Easy going
Retail Sales Representative (Current Employee), Spring, TXAugust 25, 2015
Pros: easy going
Cons: usage of own car
The job allows you to work mostly on your own time with little stress. Provides you with the equipment you need to get the job done.
Most Enjoyable Part of The Job
Territory Manager - Part-time (Current Employee), MIAugust 24, 2015
Meeting new people and building relationships. Being able to help build sales, Training associates on products and working with management to reach goals.
Great Place to work
Reset Merchandiser (Current Employee), Waldorf, MDAugust 23, 2015
Consistent hours, Good pay, really good benefits. Hardest part of the job can be standing around on the job when there is no work to do
Caring, Well Organized Company
Dannon Direct Marketing Representative (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYAugust 19, 2015
Pros: flexibility, multiple locations, independent work
Cons: part-time
I enjoy working for thiscompany. Staff and co-workers are knowledgeable, friendly and helpful. 24 hours employee tech support and supportive astmosphere
NA
Director, Sales (Current Employee), Bentonville, ARAugust 18, 2015
Management is very tough to deal with. Flexibility is good for work and life balance. Culture is not very developed. Work environment is very cliquish.
I enjoy the work enviroment, everybody is willing to help if you have a question
Sales Space Tech (Current Employee), in house Ahold Carlisle analystAugust 17, 2015
Pros: I honestly enjoy the people I work with.
Cons: the Health care is not up to snuff.
I enjoy the challenge of the categories I have been assigned ,there is always something new .
Working with the Category Team all the way down to my team lead analyst there is always some who can advise or point you in the right direction.
Great Culture/Poor Compensation
FT- Business Manager Assistant (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 17, 2015
Pros: Great work hours
Cons: Wages/Salary
The Acosta culture promotes fun socials quarterly and acknowledges birthday events monthly. The company promotes a great wellness program that offers incentives to earn extra income throughout the fiscal year for maintaining healthy goals. In general, Acosta is a good starter company to work for if you're new to the job market. On the other hand, Acosta is a results driven work environment that offers limited to no opportunity for promotional advancement or growth within the company. Although, the company has met and/or exceeded it's financial goals in years past, support staff has not benefited from a wage increase ( 3 yrs.and counting). Acosta does not offer competitive wages or compensation for the level of work expected or required. The main focus or concern for this company is making the "numbers."
Demanding, challenging expectations daily that are hard to achieve consistently
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), FloridaAugust 16, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedule
Cons: Bonuses, salary are locked.
Management decisions are not unified and never flow to the various teams consistently which overlay job duties both in timing and in projects.
Able to work with people from other companies like ACOSTA
Retail and Marketing (Former Employee), DeFuniak Springs and surrounding states and citiesAugust 15, 2015
Pros: ability to choose what assignments you want to work
Cons: none that I can think of
I absolutely loved working for Acosta. If it weren't for my having cancer and now cancer free, I would still be working for them.
Vice-President - Total Rewards (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 12, 2015
Great place to work, I enjoyed working at Acosta for almost 7 years.
I received great practical experience. I would recommend working at Acosta.
loved the work but wanted more work
Merchandising Field Representative (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 11, 2015
Pros: job flexibility
Cons: salary and quantity of work in my area were minimal
A great opportunity, but did not have the opportunity to work more or to move on to more challenging opportunities. Wanted to learn more.
Normal merchandiser job
Retail Service Merchandiser (Current Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 11, 2015
Some weeks can be heavy some weeks may be lite. Once you get to know your stores and management your job will be more pleasant.
Good Merchandiser industry starter
merchandiser (Former Employee), Houston, TxAugust 10, 2015
Pros: Got to work alone or small teams, good work shifts
Cons: no job advancement or raises
My typical work day consisted of communicating with the store manager on duty and department leads which product sections I was assigned to reset that day/week. Once at assigned sectioned I was to take off all the discontinued/closeout products and bring them to the backroom for the department lead could scan out of the system or mark them down. Then, I would reset the product shelves to current plan-o-gram or shelf strips if provided. This would also include changing shelf heights and surface cleaning dusty shelves/product. At the end of the day/week the store manager would sign off after – more... approving the my work. Unless we were notified that we would work in teams for the week, most of the work weeks we were to work alone. The work/Life ratio was pretty much balanced since my assigned store was Kroger Grocery the managers only allowed me in the store from open to around 3pm to avoid the after-work rush hour and usually be done by Wednesday or Thursday depending on the work load but no later than Friday morning. The most enjoyable part of the job was becoming friendly with the store's employees and managers to where we would sit and talk during lunch break. The one thing I was not satisfied with the company was that there was no raises at all and no room for position advancement. – less
Happy Invirorment
Territory Sales (Former Employee), PleasantonAugust 10, 2015
People were wonderful to work with. dedicated, hardworking employees. Pay was not good. expected one person to do the job of many. Never a review or pay raise. Cut all full timers to part timers and expected more.
Merchandising planograms
Merchandising Fixture Analyst (Former Employee), Lancaster, PAAugust 10, 2015
Pros: Free product
Cons: negativity with in the company
Create planograms with Category Managers and Buyers. Understanding the products to what it will bring in to the company. Create reports, Build Power point presentations. Analyze product sales and volume.
Set my own hours and work days
Reset and Projects Team Member (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHAugust 9, 2015
• I would do store resets.
• This included resetting the store shelves to the new plan-o-gram, taking out old products and placing new products
Great people to work with, work balance, busy environment,
Business Manager (Current Employee), Waukesha, WIAugust 7, 2015
Pros: Work balance, Fun
Cons: Busy workloads, lower compensation
Fun, busy work atmosphere. Compensation isn't always the highest in the market. Advancement from within is usually looked at first before hiring from the outside. Work balance is sufficient. It is hard for Acosta to hold on to younger employees, as companies from the outside can offer higher compensation and benefits.