Acosta Sales & Marketing

Acosta Sales & Marketing Employee Reviews in United States

The most unethical company I have ever had the misfortune to work for.
Retail Coverage Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAMay 28, 2016
This company not only exploits its employees, but they also cheat their clients. Sorry I have absolutely nothing good to say about this company.
Pros
Cons
Never a pay increase, only increases to your share paid for health insurance.
Great if you are okay with working alone
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 27, 2016
I honestly LOVE my job. If I could do this full time, I would, and stay on with this company until I got my degree. But, I recently found out that I am on what is designated the "part-time team". After the holidays, my hours dropped by more than half.

I have had two managers during my year and a half at Acosta, and they have both been absolute dreams to work for. I never even met my first boss, and my second boss comes down from KC and checks on us from time to time, but isn't in our faces at all.

My job requires me to be responsible and plan for my time. As mentioned above, there is basically no in person supervision. There is GPS on the company provided tablet, and Acosta uses that to verify that we are in the store(s) we said we were in while completing projects.

I would absolutely recommend this job for anyone that wants something that is super part time, only a few days a week. For the most part, you can make your own schedule.

I will say there is really no disciplinary system in place, so you can walk in to a store and have the associates dislike you immediately because they have had issues with past Acosta employees that were never dealt with by my company. I personally have only heard of a few people being terminated, and those were in very extreme situations.

Also, pretty much no way to get a raise, ever. My trainer asked twice before quitting, both times a year apart, and was told that because of associates cheating on their time sheets and other things, the company can't afford to give out raises. After my first year, I was basically told the same
  more... thing.  less
Pros
Little to no super vision, get to drive a lot, get to meet new people
Cons
no raises
Awful company with horrible management
Retail Sales Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAMay 25, 2016
This company looks good from the start; you get an interview over the phone, they tell you you'll make decent money (for an entry level job), you get to make your own schedule. Great, right? No. You constantly get emails from some person you've never heard of telling you about new hours you have to set for "incremental hours." Also, any time you want to talk to management, good luck. The only time they will contact you is if you're doing something wrong. Do yourself a favor and stay away from this job.
Pros
SLIGHTLY flexible scheduling
Cons
Everything else; management, job duties, short-unpaid lunch, etc.
Love working at the Krogers love interaction with consumers.
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYMay 24, 2016
Its a great company and compensation is great.I work with several different products under the Nestle name. I will work for this company for along time.
A great company with little interference
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Dickson, TNMay 24, 2016
I loved making my own schedule, and initially there was lots of hours. After being employed for awhile my hours dropped very low...
You get assignments, and create the work schedule. Bosses rarely intervene unless completely necessary.
Acosta Field Marketing Representative
Field Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CAMay 19, 2016
My position involved the maintenance and retail and theater marketing of product for Disney Home Video and Walt Disney Pictures.

I was able to apply my expertise in Field Marketing and promotion from my nearly fifteen years working in the music industry, in my position with Mosaic/Acosta.

Since I worked regionally out of my home, there was very little interaction from the company's home office, which was located out of state. The regional manager lived over one hundred miles away, and my only communication with him was by telephone.

The most difficult aspects of the job involved dealing with movie theater personnel, who were usually indifferent to the work I was doing, and were often unavailable to speak to.

The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to assist stores with product placement, and helping increase their sales.
Pros
The ability to set my own schedule, while achieving my daily work tasks in a timely manner.
Cons
Insufficient work hours, minimal compensation and no benefits to speak of.
Micro managed
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAMay 19, 2016
Speed to shelf on products
no co-workers on daily basis
Job is work alone
Most enjoyable part of job is working by yourself
Management should have visited more often
Pros
Hours
Cons
Travel
Space Management Tech
Space Management Tech (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCMay 17, 2016
Seemed like an awesome opportunity which rapidly failed fast. After giving up a job with the promise of a permanent position it still has not happened after months and months of promises. They continue to post positions and either not fill them or they were already promised to the hand picked managers friend pool. There is a Manager at the Salisbury branch but there is a lack of professional management, communication, direction and teamwork is not encouraged and treatment of contracted workers is less than par or fair, on more than several occasions the way in which management handled circumstances/contractor releases were so abrupt and unprofessional I lost respect for the company. Would not recommend working in this division of Acosta.
Pros
Enjoyed the job I was performing, other contractors support
Cons
No benefits, lack of business ethics by management, environment can be toxic at times
Monetary
Accounting Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 16, 2016
Monetary incentives are lacking. No raises for exceeding job expectations or taking on more complex job duties. Held accountable for variances on accrual data provided by upper management/the field. Hostile working environment at times.
4 1/2 years no raises, but have won best employee award
RCM (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 14, 2016
This company is an international company. They spend money purchasing other company contracts, but the employees are not receiving any increase in wages. The mileage reimbursement is a joke at .09 cents a mile after the employee has driven for 40 miles at no reimbursement whatsoever. Employees are driving their own personal vehicles and drive time does not count until the employee has driven for one hour on their own time. Have won awards for most valuable team player, employee of the quarter, etc. But have never been given a raise in over 4 years.
Pros
may set your own schedule, but hours must be between 6a - 6p
Cons
no raises, no promotions, lots of miles on your own personal vehicle
Laid back, relaxing friendly atmosphere
Temporary job assignment as a Food Broker (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 11, 2016
The time I worked there was very enjoyable.Everyone was very helpful and friendly.Good work hours. Training process is very long and lengthy, can be confusing sitting with more than one certain mentor. The break times were marvelous, two 15 minute breaks, and an hour for lunch in which they are very flexible on going on breaks.I would go back to work there if possible again, but as full time not a temp.
Pros
atmosphere, friendly helpful co-workers, good work hours
Cons
Training process not very good, long, lengthy and confusing.Mislead temporaries that they will be hired within 90 days
Great workplace
Claims Clearing Administrator (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COMay 10, 2016
Amazing team of people and fun place to work. benefits are reasonable and wages are okay. most of all the co workers are what makes the workplace great.
Fun and Active
Sales Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAMay 9, 2016
Great Place to work, interact and to get the experience you need in the merchandising area, helps you get a open mind and courage.
Pros
everything about this job
Cons
having to use your own car
Excellnt job
Rep. for Mohawk (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIMay 5, 2016
Mosaic/Mohawk was an EXCELLENT place to work for to bad Home Depots pulled the program. Sure miss the employee and staff of both Mosaic and Home Depot
Pros
Great Group of people
Cons
N/A
Impact field Rep. Part time
Merchandising/Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORMay 5, 2016
Very low wages with no chance of advancement. You are expected to do everything on your own and if you have a question about any of the millions of problems that you run into in the field I hope you are good at problem solving because in this area there is little to no help. I am lucky if I can get an answer in less than a day which is difficult when you have a limited amount of time to complete the job. I have been working for the company for 4 going on 5 years first for Mosaic and then Acosta acquired them. I do my job and give each one my all for little to no appreciation and no raises or chance of advancement. Now I find out people are getting hired at more than I make and when I brought up no raises to my manager it was ignored. She told me how much she appreciates my hard work but never mentioned a thing about a raise or even a chance of one. I have brought up this subject a few times to her only to have it be overlooked or ignored. Currently searching for another job as most fast food restaurants pay just as well as this company and at least there you get raises so I hear. All in all, if you are looking for a part time job that will pay you a low wage with no chance for advancement that varies in hours per week from 3.5 hours to 40 plus. Then this is for you, but not for me anymore.
Pros
Setting own schedule
Cons
Low wages, no raises, low appreciation, inconsistent amout of hours
Hardships
Credit Analyst (Current Employee) –  Marlborough, MAMay 5, 2016
This company pays below the bar on yearly income, and benefits do not cover enough. I haven't seen a pay increase in 4-5 years
fun job
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAMay 4, 2016
Easy to work with boss. make your own hrs.Work by self stocking and merchandising product.I build displays. 5 day work week.40 hrs. a week
Pros
exciting job
Cons
no raises
acosta
Reset Specialist (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAMay 2, 2016
When i worked there some weeks we would have near 40 hrs...some weeks we would like 10 hrs. I liked the fact we were responsible for our self.
Starbucks Merchandiser
Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque AreaApril 28, 2016
The job was great the supervisor for the Starbucks team has no consideration for how she changes her mind on what she tells you.
Pros
Great job
Cons
Supervisor does not know how to manage
Just don't.
Field Merchandising Representative (Current Employee) –  nyApril 27, 2016
Love empty promises of promotion and full time, while taking pay cuts to keep your ever-changing, soul-crushing, neurotic boss at ease? This is the gig for you!

There is a lot of freedom, until they ask you to do something unethical. Ask about their price comparison surveys!
Pros
decent money for the work.
Cons
there is never enough work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Acosta Sales & Marketing. Our community is ready to answer.