Acosta Sales & Marketing

Acosta Sales & Marketing Employee Reviews

Don't expect to be able to pay your bills!
merchandiser (Current Employee) –  upstate NYFebruary 10, 2017
zero ability to know what hours you will have from week to week. Calls given then taken away with no notice. No pay raises, ever. Mileage stinks, well below federal rate and changes frequently. Management gives lip service and does nothing.....that is if you can even get a response from them. Constantly hiring new employees while the current ones have no hours. You will be stepping over other company employees in the same stores you are in because everyone is sent all over the place with no consistent territory and it will take a toll on your car, not good if you lease one as you will be way over on mileage.
Used to be a reliable part time job, when hired I was told I would have a minimum amount of hours for the week, not any more. No consistency.
Semi flexible work hours if you have kids or other obligations but not enough to pay your bills. You will need another job to compensate for lean paychecks. No benefits for part time workers and the ones you can buy you won't make enough to cover. Keep looking.
Pros
some calls are flexible as to when you have to do them
Cons
no raises...ever. minimal work hours if any. low mileage pay
Worst experience in my career
Claims Resolution Analyst (Former Employee) –  Temple Terrace, FLDecember 8, 2016
The management has been the absolute worst I have ever had to work with. Either you kissed their butts or you had a target on your back. It's a shame as the compensation was decent and the work life balance was decent. Terrible moral due to management. Yearly meeting that never pertain to any departments aside from sales. No job training or instruction. Never meet upper management aside from branch management.
Pros
Compensation, vacation, overall good job duties
Cons
Management, moral, terrible training
enjoy settting my own schedual
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 19, 2017
I like not having to answer to a time clock if I need a day off I can usually reschedual calls. like not working in same place everyday and traveling. management is easy to talk to. Hardest part is sales i am not a sales person if someone is not interested in buying I have a hard tome pushing a sale. i enjoy doing sets in several different kinds oe stores
Pros
open schedual
Cons
pay raises are very hard to get, and slow times
Productive and friendly environment with dedicated knowledgeable management~
Retail Coverage Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Ar.September 18, 2016
High expectations with strong attention to detail~ A typical day involved assuring that all products from all companies (Clients) represented were present in stores, set according to plan-o-grams, and all stock from back rooms was present on shelves.
Self motivation and honesty satisfies a good days work~
To work by exception~ Work Must Do Priorities first~
Then remaining time one's goal is to complete other tasks on agenda~
Dedicated friendly and knowledgeable management~
Co-workers who display great team leadership~
Completing all task in a single day's time is the hardest part of the job~
Completing a task with pride and success is the most enjoyable part of the job
Pros
provides the tablet, pays some mileage and drive time, some flexibility in schedule~ Execellent insurance if ful time associate~
Cons
Milage reimbursment could be better~ No raises ever~ Better benefits for part time associates~
It takes the right kindve person
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJanuary 9, 2017
I liked working independently, being active, and not being stuck in a office. Some days as a merchandiser were a breeze, but most left me feeling very tired. Stocking a large number items alone, while trying to work around customers. I really enjoyed Interacting with the store employees, they were usually very nice and helpful if I had questions about merchandise. The grocery manager is the one you must keep happy in your store. Which can be very difficult because most are unpleasant, and don't have very favorable opinions of Acosta. I couldn't stay with Acosta because it was just too demanding to consider doing long term. All Acosta employees I dealt with were helpful and friendly, from my manager to the dispatcher.
Pros
Independence, mileage reimbursement, benefits for part-time employees, 401k, no uniforms, supportive managers
Cons
Demanding, no opportunity for advancement, no raises, no bonus structure
Great place, work independently!
Retail Coverage Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNJanuary 22, 2017
This is a great company. You work independently, no management on your back all day. Communication is purely by phone or email. Unit Manager is very helpful. Good benefits. Work your 40 hours at your convenience during the day time hours. Flexible otherwise.
Pros
Flexible with hours and work independently.
Cons
No raises.
Company lies to you and their customers
Retail Merchandising Specialist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis MNDecember 23, 2016
Do not recommend working for company. No respect, no raises, no direction, no recognition. Management is only covering their own selves and will not stick up for you in the long run. GPS tracking on your tablet and they watch you all the time, like big brother.
Pros
Flex scheduling
Cons
Everything else, bad experience
Great Part Time Job for Side Money
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Eastland, TXJanuary 14, 2017
Anywhere from 30min/wk to 3hr/wk. Not to be counted on for job security, but great company, great people. Training and pay is great. Companies send you stickers, or whatever you're putting up, to take to the store for assignments.
Pros
Great Pay, Management, Flexible Schedule
Cons
Few Hours, No Benefits, Predominately Alone
enjoyed working close with my teammates
Reset Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 26, 2017
OK company to work for, benefits were terrific although very few opportunities for salary advancement. Opportunity to work close with your teammates and Supermarket employees. Always learning about new products and helping customers with questions and how to find specific products. Company always fair about working environment and proper break times. Publix always let us take our breaks and eat our lunch in their breakroom.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
pay
Retail Control Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Bay City, MINovember 13, 2016
I have been employed for 3 years. Flexible schedules and management is great the support your ideas and are always complimenting your hard work. It's nice to see appreciation now a days. No pay raises would be the only negative.
Pros
Flexible schedule, Management and independent work.
Cons
No raises
I love the work but company does not treat the part time workers fairly
Retail Coverage Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 18, 2017
I work for the Walmart Flex team , I was told the position was 28-32 hours a week. The hours are very inconsistent . No room for advancement. However the full time Walmart teams have so much work , they cant complete it. They receive Health benefits, sick days , personal days, 8 paid Holidays . The Flex team receives NOTHING !!! Stay away !!
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Unfair to part time employees, Very inconsistant hours
excellent company to be associated with
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 6, 2016
Very good place to work. Enjoyed working with other employees and management. Very stable company with good benefits and advancements. Fun company to work for.
Pros
excellent company
Cons
Nice place to visit but I no longer consider working there.
Sales Associate/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Marlborough, MAFebruary 19, 2017
Enjoyed the work and enjoyed the associates I worked with. No chance for advancement in my position. No pay raises for 18 years.
The work was very physical but was told, in my position, I contributed nothing to the bottom line even though the end result of all planning fell on the team. Most enjoyable part of the job was seeing end results. Hardest part of the job was living on a fixed income.
Good starting point
MERCHANDISER SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Caledonia, MIJanuary 27, 2017
Great place to start a career. low starting wages.Flexibility for work life. some long hours. minimal benefits until full time or experience on job. Good place to start.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
Great place for a career
Contractor, Category Management Services (Current Employee) –  Bentonville, ARNovember 10, 2016
Love working for this company! I have had no issues with management and the pay is very competitive. The people are all great and I would recommend this company to anyone looking for a career in Category Management.
A very nice environment
Reset Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 4, 2017
A typical day at work was very average the coworkers and management worked very well together. The communication between the two was very clear. I was already experienced in the field that I was working in so I didn't learn anything new. Management was very likable and easy to work with. The same can be said about the coworkers.
Pros
Scheduling, interaction with different people
Cons
No good benifits
Horrible Management
Sales Merchandiser Dedicated Retail Team (Former Employee) –  Nashville-Davidson, TNAugust 29, 2016
A typical day was driving from grocery to grocery in my assigned territory for one client. Handled OOS, OOD, made sure endcaps for promotions were set, built displays, tried to prepare stores for sales coming up to order more product. I already had many years experience with another company,this job was easy for me. I loved the job until new management. The new manager became quite the control freak, blaming everything on the client. She would call me and say one thing on the phone, then another in an email. Manager played favorites on the team, and basically did whatever she could to push those she didn't like out the door. After much back and forth and eventually getting HR involved, I left. There was nothing enjoyable about the job. They pay very low on the mileage end, I was averaging 1200 miles a month. Micromanaging, being dishonest, I would not waste my time working for them.
Pros
Cons
Low pay, low mileage reimbursement, micromanagement, favoritism and harasssment
Plymouth Michigan has got the worst manager she is very RUDE
Reset Specialist (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MIAugust 26, 2016
I work with Acosta for 12 years and only got one raise witch was 25 cents so that made my wadges 11.25... we would have to be on conference calls and the boss... wow she was always rude and nasty.. you have to drive over 40 miles to even get paid for gas mean while were all using our own cars and trucks to run around for this company to get a 30 cent mileage check.. mean while the boss is getting big bonuses for all the reset crews hard work... we get no insurance no pay raises no respect even with the stores we all had to deal with rude managers at our home locations .. they dont know how to treat people and its by far the worst place to work..
Nice company
Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAOctober 12, 2016
However they offer no raises and job security is awful as they over react to small things. They have hired and let go the same people four times.. Management is over worked and can't help the team like they need to.
Pros
Make your own hours
Cons
No job security
Easy but no advancement
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 9, 2016
Easy work. Great job for someone who is retired or a 18 year old with no family or responsibilities.

What I learned is that you can stay at one dead end job to long.

The hardest part of the job is to just show up.

Most enjoyable part is that the job is Monday through Thursday, first shift.

Job is not for somebody who is motivated and looking for a career
Pros
1st shift Monday through Thurday
Cons
No job advancement. No benifits.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Acosta Sales & Marketing. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8