Acosta Sales & Marketing

Acosta Sales & Marketing Employer Reviews

mediocre
RCM (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHJuly 23, 2014
Great job experience, but no room for advancement, no raises, and not the best insurance.
Alot of traveling
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Pleasanton, CAJuly 20, 2014
Traveling long distances, with low compensation. Lack of communication.
Difficult job with lack of training but great environment with good people.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Pleasanton, CAJuly 17, 2014
Pros: once mastering your own workload, you will soon feel like you yourself have grown substancially, not many bma's know their entire workload, and will realize you need to move on out for a better opportunity to meet your needs, you will grow here, but only so far.
Cons: you have to clock in and out for all breaks and lunches. you are always timed.
Typical day at work would be going through e-mails and printing out all of the most urgent assignments/projects that need to be done.
Whether it be creating contracts, new item forms, price changes, item maintenance forms or entering deals into several proprietary systems- there is always something to do.

I have learned how to ask questions, respond – more... to people as soon as I can, and be patient in my understanding that this job is always learning something new because many things change and a lot of your work load will get bigger and/or also consistently change.

Management is okay.

Co-workers are mostly nice people. Some are nosy and some are busibodies who can't seem to sit at their desks to do their adminstrative jobs.

Hardest part of this job is no more growth once you have learned all you can learn; even with added work or contrat formats changing- that kind of change becomes expected after a few years of working here. Also, the lack of training- which also becomes expected to figure things out yourself by asking questions and keeping detailed docments of your past and present work to use as examples.
One more thing that is frustrating about this company is the lack of appreciation- and the lack of financial appreciation- as in no raises and no bonuses- ever. Unless you go to school, finish a training program, and/or get your title changed- only when your title is changed or when you find a position outside of Acosta is when you will be giving yourself a chance for more growth- learning-wise and financially.

The most enjoyable part of this job is taking a walk everyday around a nice trail that surrounds the buildings. – less
Great place to work and a great group of coworkers
Lead Retail Merchandising Specialist (Former Employee), Hackensack, NJJuly 16, 2014
Pros: flexible scheduling
Cons: not many
Acosta is a great company to work for. The schedule is flexible and allows employee freedom of making their own schedules.
Wasnt horrible
Reset Merchandiser (Former Employee), Bloomington, INJuly 15, 2014
The job it self was great but the traveling costs never matched up with the paycheck.
Great hours and pay
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Atlanta, GaJuly 14, 2014
Fun job for the most part working by yourself. Company is going out of business in the Atlanta area. Great pay and hours, no one works on weekends or holidays. The managers are cool and very understanding.
Auditor
Track Merchandiser/Auditor (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLJuly 12, 2014
Making sure that all products and fresh products are available on daily basis.
My team is full of AWESOME people!
Merchandising/Retail (Current Employee), Florence, SCJuly 9, 2014
I LOVE working for Acosta! I hate to leave!! I just can't travel anymore and that's the only reason I'm leaving. I can't speak for other teams, but mine is like a big family!
Not the best company to work for but not the worst.
Food Sales Representative (Former Employee), Hackensack, NJJuly 7, 2014
Pros: i enjoyed calling on stores and not being behind a desk for eight hours a day!
Cons: whatever we as salesreps acomplished never seemed to be enough for management.
For the most part I enjoyed the years I spent there being a salesrep.
Dysfunctional culture at this company
Administrative Claims Coordinator (Former Employee), Marlborough, MAJuly 5, 2014
Upper management is always looking to cut as much $$$ from payroll and expenses, without regard to how it affects employees. They are very willing to lay off people in this country to send the jobs overseas. They lay off people no matter how long they have worked for them. Some which were laid off had worked for them for 30+ years, 20+ years, and 15+ – more... years. – less
Day at Work
Retail Coverage Specailist (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJune 26, 2014
Go to different Walmart stores it tought me valuable lessons is retail and mangment
Good Day Job
Merchandiser - RMT (Current Employee), Hackensack, NJJune 23, 2014
Pros: works around your schedule, wear whatever you want
Cons: not enough hours
• Merchandise local food stores
• Reset whole aisles
• Usually close to home
• Get home before 4pm
Awesome People
Business Manager Assistant (Current Employee), Pleasanton, CAJune 18, 2014
Assist the Business Manager with fulfilling responsibilities for client proprietary sales planners and tracking system. Prepare for sales meetings, customer appointments and principal meetings. Assist Business Manager in managing the Customer Service and Claim Alerts. Assist Business Manager in in maintain all relevant product data (APL, New Item Entry, – more... Pricing and Customer data. Create all contracts for customers in a timely manner . Update and run reports such as distribution tracking, pricing reports and new item tracking. – less
Vendor
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Norristown, PAJune 14, 2014
Pros: flex schedule
Cons: communication problems within the company
I would stock, clean, set, reset the displays for the company. I also was in charge of building all holiday displays and placing them in the proper area to be sure the display was seen by customers
Independent Contractor (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNJune 10, 2014
Pros: good pay, management, etc
Cons: layoff
Decent hours, good pay, good company to work for they pay for travel hotel and food
Daily work
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee), Roswell, GAJune 10, 2014
Pros: flexible hours, good staff
Cons: freezer work
I enjoyed the daily working of being in one main store. It was close to home and the hours were flexible. There was also team work to be done.
Great job if you don't need money and benefits
Retail merchandiser (Current Employee), Los AngelesJune 9, 2014
Pros: minimal stress, satisfaction of making a difference
Cons: terrible pay, terrible benefits, no advancement
I work as a retail merchandiser and I set my own hours calling on Walmart and Target. The work is easy and stress is minimal, and its gratifying to see that my work makes a difference.

But the pay and benefits are terrible, most of the merchandisers are retired from real jobs, so they have other income and benefits that supplement this job. This is – more... not a job for anyone wanting a career, there is no raise, no advancement, no benefits. If you need to support yourself, then pass on this job. – less
Retail Merchandising
Retail Sales Merchandiser (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLJune 5, 2014
Pros: able to set my own schedule.
Cons: the wear and tear on my presonal vehicle.
There was no typical work day, each day provides something new and different. Management was quick to help solve issues that arose during a store visit and helping to complete the job and ensure the customer was happy. The most enjoyable part of the job would be the variety of daily work, new challenges almost daily. This job was primarily independent, – more... when the occasion arose to complete task with other employees, the team came together to accomplish the task at hand. – less
The hours are great
Sales & Resets Team (Current Employee), Pleasanton, CAJune 4, 2014
Pros: hours, fun job
Cons: heavy lifting, pay/benefits
A typical day of work is resets in the grocery stores, bringing in new product and taking out the deleted products. The hardest part of the job is the heavy lifting of boxes 40-60 lbs. The most enjoyable part of the job are the co-workers you get to work with and the great hours, you get off early enough to make appointments.
safe place to work
Business Manager (Current Employee), Hackensack, NJJune 3, 2014
Job security is very good but it is not a very competitive work environment.

1 2 3 4 5