Acosta Sales & Marketing

Acosta Sales & Marketing Employee Reviews

Horrible Management, awful enviroment, insufficient pay
Claims Resolution Analyst (Former Employee), Temple Terrace, FLApril 10, 2015
The Temple Terrace office has been ran into the dirt by the awful, management. There is no structure to the standards, so what you do one day May be wrong the next with out warning. Employees are given special treatment based on their time with the company under the supervisors. The supervisors will always complain about the work you do, even if it is exceeding the expectations. The compensation is far below that of similar positions, and raises do not exist. Though they may ask you to work overtime, you probably will not be doing your work but someone else's , even if you are behind. There are a thousand meetings about everything, but then you will get in trouble for not completing enough work. Though this job may seem great, give it a few weeks and the true colors will show.
Flexibility
Unit Manager (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLApril 8, 2015
The company has great flexibility, and good work week hours. However, they do not like to pay managers what they are worth.
very good
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee), Lombard, ILApril 8, 2015
excellent to work for would recommend employment to other people they treat their employees well. a good variety of work.
fun and interesting job
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 6, 2015
Pros: making your own schedule
Cons: no full time positions
A typical work day for me is always a learning experience, motivating and filled with dedication, multi - tasking and hard work and building relationships daily. i have learned to ask any question that's on your mind and always complete all task assigned. management is awesome and very helpful and motivating. my co-workers are full of support, suprises and confidence. the hardest part of the job would be losing territories.the most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people and learning new things and being blessed with new adventure daily.
I enjoy merchandising,I am good at it,mainly my own boss,I have helped with dept "look" sales increases,less shrink.
PT Merchandiser (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Good working conditions, mostly own schedule, 22-25 hrs just right, good supervisor, treated as a professional.
Cons: Midnight visits 8-10 per year, stores sell out of hot item, nothing we can do but audit, stores not keeping clean what I displayed.
I have 51 years of retail experience,I am aggressive,confident in my abilities. I spent past 7 years with Acosta/Mosaic as amerchandiser.
Acosta is restructuring the company. I lost my area of eastern Cincinnat but was offered the Florence Ky area. This is to far to drive daily.

April 19, 2015

I drive 80 miles twice a week for a onr hour visit doing Trac cooler in this position.

Fast pace, high volume atmosphere.
Entry level (Current Employee), jacksonville, flMarch 28, 2015
It is an excellent company to work for. Recruiting for merchandisers nationwide it is a fast pace and high volume position.
It's a well known company
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 28, 2015
Pros: Paid vacation when you average 20 hours a week.
Cons: It's not full time.
I am a rep for Impact. Which is a branch of Acosta. I go to different stores doing resets, display setups and continuity work. My stores include Walmart, Target, Kroger, Albertons and many more. I work with management to get approval for my work, My co-workers and myself work as a team. The hardest part of the job is when we have to work in freezers. The most enjoyable part of the job is being recognized for a job well done.
See below
Retail Sales Manager (Current Employee), Marlborough, MAMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Make my own schedule
Cons: mileage reimbursement
The tablet is programmed for each specific acct that I have (S&S or Big Y). Tablet dictates what needs to be done on each store call. . Occasionally I'll call or send an e-mail to a co worker to communicate on an issue I see in a certain chain---verify displays---pricing etc. Managing my time could be considered "hardest" part as I can easily get involved with work and it gets away from me.
Great company!
Analyst (Current Employee), Eden Prairie, MNMarch 26, 2015
Acosta is a great company to work for - while the pay may not be as high as other companies, if you are on a team with good management then the flexible schedule makes up for the lower pay.
Lots of travel
District Manager (Former Employee), Lisle, ILMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Company car
Cons: No advancement oprotunities.
I was a District Manager seeing over 15 reps over seven states and 500 Wal-Marts.
Typical day would be spent reviewing my objectives for the day. Then reaching out to each rep on a daily basis if they needed anything from me.
At times I would work with my reps personally and help guide them in being more efficient with their time. Or perhaps they had a problem the could not resolve and I would help them through the problem.
What I learned is that all of my reps had a different idea on how to communicate and help guide them. All different manager styles.
My team members were great. We all worked together very well.
The hardest part of the job was the traveling 4 out of five days a week.
The most enjoyable part of the job was traveling four out of five days a week.
Overall...acceptable
Product Brand Ambassador (Current Employee), Milltown, NJMarch 22, 2015
*Have only been working there for a short amount of time
*Work is acceptable as a part-time job
*Great learning experience
*Benefits are for full time employees
strictly business; dont care about personal life
Claims Clearing Administrator (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 21, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: poor managemet and hr department
you come to work at 730 in the morning and you work you have two fifteen min. breaks one in the morning and one in the afternoon. You work on claims all day you either do a check request or you will do the deduction. you clear the clients claims inside of their system.
Merchandiser/Sales Representative (Current Employee), horseheads, NYMarch 17, 2015
great place to work very fast paced enviorment. Very flexable hours. work when ya want you. pay is ok for the job you are doing. travel is required
Would not work here again.
Sales and Marketing (Current Employee), Bellevue, WAMarch 17, 2015
The hardest part part of this job....Is working at the same job and never getting a promotion..Espically if this is goinh to be your Career.
Great company
Territory Representative (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INMarch 16, 2015
Pros: 401k pay raises
Cons: nothing to say
Worked for Acosta for 21 years... Have experience lot of different things in these years... Putting in new products .. Setting pogs
Working with management in stores...Putting up new tags.. Answering computer timely after work...
RSM
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLMarch 16, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: everything else
A typical day has you running to try and get things done they want this this and this done but they need this done first. There is no real balance with all the work that needs to be done. you will never get a raise been here for three years not a dime for a raise. they are constantly cutting hours asking people to cover stores for full time people so they don't have to make anyone else full time. there is a massive gap in communication form the top down when changes come and they come a lot and often.
Sets and projects
Team member (Former Employee), Aurora, COMarch 11, 2015
Pros: gas benifits
Different locations different stores different management philosophies if you cannot adapt to continuous changes in work that your doing and environment do not go for this job You are customer service as well for each store you go to so be able to work and understand your environment and co workers quickly or you will not succeed but bottom line you get out of it what you put in so if you do the work and bust it out than go for it
Flexible hours but no encentives or raises
Marketing Representative (Current Employee), Stafford, VAMarch 9, 2015
Pros: nice mangment and flexible hours
Cons: no benifit, raises or room for advancement
I have worked for this company 2 years part time. I ended up coming to this company because of a contract buyout. I like that I am able to have flexible hours but here in the past several months there has been no work. I am also disappointed that there are no raises and no room for advancement; most importantly no benefits. I use my own car and do not make enough to even keep up maintenance if that ever were to become an issue. When I was with my other employer I made twice as much and had over 40 hours a week. Now I seem to only work 10-15 hour if that. Management is awesome though,great to work with; that is the only reason I have stayed this long. My typical day is making sure that marketing materials are placed and we do reset projects in grocery stores, department stores, gas stations, and many other task. I have learned allot of things in different aspects of the job which can be fun at times.
Too many chiefs
RCM (Former Employee), IndianapolisMarch 7, 2015
Pros: schedule somewhat flexible
Cons: no benefits for part-timers
Too many hands dipping into bonuses, no raises, no promotions, if your part-time you will never get full time, although they will work you full time until you get close to full time status ... which is something like 16 weeks, they started taking 10 percent of our manufactures bonuses, which usually isnt alot, but considering they already get bonuses is too much, mileage pay is VERY VERY poor, and goes down the more miles you travel..... if your desperate for a job, you might consider them, but if your not.... dont go in unless you get higher up postion then in stores
Productive job
RETAIL COVERAGE MERCHANDISER (Current Employee), Fairmont mnMarch 1, 2015
Pros: monday thru friday hours
Cons: short breaks
Answers all Walmarts clients questions on their products in the stocks. Stock and Set new displays. Change on hands on items in the store in not correct. Work by yourself.

About Acosta Sales & Marketing

Acosta Sales & Marketing is a leading full-service sales and marketing agency providing outsourced headquarter sales, retail – Read more

Acosta Sales & Marketing Salaries