Acosta Sales & Marketing Employee Reviews

Good part-time job
reset merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 9, 2017
Except for the favoritism, the job is straight forward, great; however, you need to be on a team to get the hours of work. No room for advancement. Pay is good not great. Travel can be hard on car. I've been through three cars in five yrs. I do like the job, but not good for someone with bad back or bad fingers. Lots of lifting & writing, hanging tags.
Pros
simple, non stressful, time off when needed, 4 day work wk.
Cons
favoritism, travel pay
hours
Retail Merchendiser (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MINovember 6, 2017
Hours very from week to week. You can be full time 20=hrs for a week and zero the next. They do offer benefits but they are expensive and cover the bare minimum. No pay raises or room for advancement.
Love how independently one can work
Sales (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaNovember 4, 2017
They have many perks and I love the company. I didn't, however, get trained for everything that could happen and was left waiting on answers from upper levels for days. I don't believe it is like that for all departments. Where I was positioned wasn't what I applied for and it wasn't a good fit in the end. The company is fantastic and I would have loved the company more if I had been placed in the position which I had applied for. Thanks for the experience and knowledge.
unsecure future
Senior Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 1, 2017
Our company was bought out by Acosta, which in turn used us to gain access to our current customers to gain business model knowledge and once the market tanked in 2008 the company shut our entire division down to open another in a localized region to its home office.
Pros
work out of home
Cons
working out of home finding a seperation point
interesting
Retail Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Post Falls, IDOctober 31, 2017
I only worked for Acosta for 6 weeks. I was just getting the hang of it when I was laid off because of poor corporate choices.
I found the job interesting and I was looking forward to doing it.
Pros
Good Supervisor
Cons
Bad management
Easy company to work for.
Kompass Representative (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MIOctober 30, 2017
My bosses were professional and nice. They were helpful in trying to get me more hours to work when I wanted them. Acosta was very good about flexing the hours worked.
Stable work... wish the salaries were higher
Retail Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAOctober 29, 2017
Acosta is actually a very stable place to work and the people that work for the company are of good quality.

The salaries are on the lower side and there are no incentives to make any additional money or to do any better work. Even the sales positions do not include any type of commissions.

Acosta benefits are good and they even offer benefits to some part time employees.

Acosta offers a lot of paid time off - vacation, person, and sick time. Unfortunately, there is no accumulation of unused time off so they must be used by the end of each year.

Overall, Acosta is a decent company for whom to work. I would recommend working with them and I have recommended many people in the past to work for them.

I just wish they would pay more for their positions.
Pros
Car allowance, mileage paid, expense reimbursements
Cons
No overtime
Good company
Sales and Marketing (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLOctober 27, 2017
Acosta is a good place to work however the job security is very low and advancement is slow. The company has a good workplace culture and my managers was awesome. I liked my job at Acosta, the hardest part was finding time to use my paid time off. I always aimed to be #1 as I started my day. A person has to be self motivated and like working independently.
Pros
Manager appreciation
Cons
low job security and pay
a very good company to work for
Retail Reset Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 25, 2017
I enjoyed working for Acosta
The manager and associates are very nice to work with
and make it very easy to solve problems at work
very good communication skils
While it lasted...
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  IndianaOctober 22, 2017
I was one of the new hires in Indiana. I was let go 3 weeks after the permanent employee that was training me was let go, they didn't get the contract. So now there are part time jobs available 3 weeks after the lay offs. What's up?! I liked the job, I liked other employees, all was good. I will say that working with the management at Walmart was difficult. You have to ask for space for displays, or if they would like to order products that will sell, etc. 90% of the time the answer was just no or that manager isn't here...
Pros
Laid back yet busy
Cons
Lay offs
Flexible Hours and Weekly Schedule
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 22, 2017
Loved working here due to the flexibility of the schedules. The job was pretty easy and management was fair and good to work with. You're given a lot of independence and freedom in the field which is nice. It can be a big chaotic during busier times of the year (e.g. Christmas, Easter, Halloween, etc.) which causes a bit of disorganization in both the stores and among higher management but nothing outrageous.
Pros
Flexible hours, breaks
Cons
Little room for advancement, store personnel can occasionally be hard to work with
Productive and very competitive
Oklahoma Mandate Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 21, 2017
It was a fun place to work. The company was fair and offered many benefits, and room for advancement within the many divisions. Pay was decent, but raises don't happen very offten
wonderful
Sales (Former Employee) –  Yuba City, CAOctober 21, 2017
work was great. You went to different locations at your own pace. The only thing that i did not like was that it was not full time after they told me it was.
Acosta
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCOctober 19, 2017
I was on set teams for Acosta and had a great experience. My direct reports were always understanding and kept me informed on any jobs that may pertain to me. I was part of a team that liked each other and worked together. I attained product knowledge and inner store management responsibilities.
Pros
Steady and challenging
Cons
Part time with set pay
good company
A creative strategist (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, COOctober 18, 2017
great company to work for. I worked with a client and the contract was not renewed so that is the only reason for departing. Will continue to look within the company but also need to look outside
good for a flexible, part time job
Retail Merchandiser (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXOctober 17, 2017
grunt work, low pay but if your retired or want a flexible schedule that is part time this is the job and company. Special projects were fun but sometimes took longer than expected
Pros
use of computer
Cons
computer glitches
Worked as a contractor, self paced
Retail Service Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 16, 2017
This was just a Temp job. It was ok for that reason. Would have enjoyed doing it full time for more pay but it was not available. Would do it again if necessary.
Pros
Self paced
Cons
lots of driving
Retail Sales and Marketing Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAOctober 13, 2017
Job was very easy , a bit repetitive and on occasion even boring. I quit working there because there was no place for advancement. I'll highly recommend it for someone starting a first job.
flexiable hours
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INOctober 11, 2017
I was disappointed in no pay raises, no paid holidays or vacation days. It is only offered I believe to management or more of your full time positions. But it was a good company to work for overall.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
no overtime, no paid holidays or vacation days
constant restructuring
Retail Coverage Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAOctober 9, 2017
Start off merchandising and end doing the same. every 6 months you never know if your full or part time. the flexability is nice, but not being made aware of no pay raises is a downside
Pros
flexable
Cons
lack of pay and hours and raises

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Acosta Sales & Marketing. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7