Acosta Sales & Marketing

Acosta Sales & Marketing Employee Reviews in United States

Fun and engaging atmosphere
Retail Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIMarch 14, 2016
Enjoyed the customers and the atmosphere. Always interesting, never the same old job and the company was great to work for. Great benefits and connections
Run away, dead end career path
CCA (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 10, 2016
Run don't walk away from this place, the BPS dept-includes claims resolution and specialists positions. There is no room for advancement, only two positions to advance to and their lateral moves (.35 increase or no pay increase). The BPS manager is a TYRANT, they include you in their "activities and potlucks" without your consent, have team meetings over your un-paid lunch hour and if you disagree, they tell you, its mandatory or shame you into going by pressuring and asking why you don't want to be part of the team. Their childish potlucks and activities are an attempt to make up for the high turnover, low morale, and insufficient pay. Pay is $13.00 per hour. They typically target higher degree individuals "sell them dreams" while offering no career growth, meanwhile favored certain individuals with HS diplomas or associate degrees are promoted or in management.
Pros
You have a steady low wage pay check
Cons
management, pay, career advancement, job morale, lack of diversity
Fun Work place
Retail Sales Merch (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 4, 2016
I have 5 stores and I deal with dept manager and store manager and I have love the store because I have work with them for a will and it would be good to keep up with them
Very flexible job with great work environment
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAMarch 3, 2016
Great work environment and very flexible hours, always performing different tasks throughout a normal work week, very stress free, non repetitive.Although very poor management almost little to no contact with supervisor and at times can go weeks or even months without contact and work from the company.
Pros
flexible hours, payable drive time, stress free, laid back
Cons
poor management, long periods of no contact and work
Merchandiser
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 25, 2016
Okay company to work for-
You work at your own pace
Jobs are easy to understand and complete
However,
There are no pay raises so there is really no incentive- a person with several years experience and knowledge in retail is being paid the same as a person hired off the street with no knowledge.
Management could be a little more organized, approachable and tailor their criticism
Pros
Work is steady and you work independent
Cons
Pay scale, lack of appreciation
Horrible
Sales and Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 21, 2016
Don't give raises , don't pay fairly for mileage and car use.Cars loans are avg 27,500 over 5 year loan. Do the math they pay very minimal mileage they pay less the more miles you drive. don't give a car allowance until 14 months later .This should be illegal. You should have another income in the house if your going to do this job
Pros
Paid every two weeks
Cons
No raise wear out your car on your dime
Had to travel and start job 5 AM.
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 18, 2016
Start time 5 AM. Travel to job scheduled that day.
Team leader assigns you your work.
Co-workers may help if you fall behind.
You have a certain amount of hours you must have the job completed.Hardest part of job is taking off products,putting them in carts on sales floor.Resetting shelves and then getting started setting products to planogram.Each person would do a 4 foot section.All sheves must have the new price tickets put on every item.
You have to bend, squat sit on floor,use ladder also to reach top shelves.
Pros
Physical and mental work.
Cons
Paid good money.
What they do when they layoff associates
Microsoft Specialist (Former Employee) –  UsaFebruary 15, 2016
The company s good overall, however when layoffs came they changed pretty quick. First they work of a contract basis, if the contract isn't renewed, its either finds a new program or layoffs occur. They switched my position from a salary position to an hourly position just before they announced the layoffs, offered no severance pay because we were given 30days notice and "we were not exempt employees". A really unsavory action for the finial action by the company, who otherwise would be rated really well .
Overall Okay
Unit Manager (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 15, 2016
This particular team is incredibly unorganized. They offer little to no training then expect you to train yourself. When you are not learning things fast enough, they punish you for it. The other team I came from was awesome and I wish I could go back.
Pros
The health benifits are great for full timers
Cons
Lack of training for certain teams are underwhelming
Bad
Merchandising (Current Employee) –  Defuniak Springs, FLFebruary 9, 2016
been with them several went through about 5 managers have to give them your first hr of driving each way and the first 30 miles so you cold drive a hr to do a 30 min job and back home and you just worked for free never a raise or Christmas bonus ,,find another company you get very few hrs with this co. also they give you a tablet that has a gps so they every thing about you its nuts I DO NOT RECOMMEND
Cons
not enough hrs or regular work you could go weeks with no work
This is a fun and intresting job to be apart of but as far as getting payed just expect not to get payed until a month or later after doing the job
Reset Team Member (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 9, 2016
I like this job alot as a subcontractor but they do not like to pay on time. The job is really fun and never gets boring. When I first started working I was being payed on time but now they have been super late on payment.
Pros
new people, travel, fun, never get bored
Cons
pay
Acosta is a great place to work
Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sharonville, OHFebruary 2, 2016
I loved my job at Acosta however, I was on the road 3 hours out of the day. I had no family time. it was a fun and fast paced job and I really enjoyed it. My boss and Co workers were great too.
Pros
Always giving bonuses
Cons
Long Distance from home
The employees I work with
retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Rock Springs, WYFebruary 1, 2016
I enjoy working with the employee's of the store I work in they are very helpful when needed and are an overall great bunch of people. My store Manager is on top of things and his store is very organized and clean he really takes pride in it and I am glad to be working in his store.
Pros
It works well with being able to spend time with family
Cons
there is very little room to transfer or move up unless you live in utah
Great people to work with, but the company has forgotten its roots.
RETAIL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 1, 2016
I had the pleasure of working with many excellent people. I learned from my associates and gained great experience on a daily basis. The people who worked for me were dedicated and conscientious and I enjoyed my position.
The company has seemed to have lost their way in the recent years. Worried more about their hedge fund ownership than their overall mission. They have forgotten the basis of their business at the retail level.
Pros
Great people to work with.
Cons
Forgotten wha they were built on.
Good Workplace, Good People
Retail Service Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJanuary 31, 2016
I would recommend working here, it's a good atmosphere and management is generally friendly and understanding. Personally I have had a good experience working here.
Pros
Flexible Schedules
Cons
Infrequent Hours
Review
Acosta Sales and Marketing (Former Employee) –  Midwest City, OKJanuary 30, 2016
The job was good, hours were good, managers wouldn't let you really express interest in moving up, or answer questions you might have spur of the moment, were always rushing you.
Interesting business model, sells services that aren't really needed, at least in my service area
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Dillon, COJanuary 30, 2016
For starters, their hiring strategy is misleading at best. I applied online for a job at Kroger. I get a call from Acosta, saying that they have accepted my application, and they ask when I can start. I foolishly assumed that Acosta was a clerical or hiring contractor, and that I would be employed at Kroger. No such luck. I meet with the boss at a store and am told that I will actually be working for Acosta and that I will be a merchandiser, calling on different stores.

At this point I was actually pretty excited at my luck. I was going to get to run a route, work in a variety of different stores, and get mileage reimbursement and drive time hours on top of it. Too good to be true, right? Yup. I start going through their online training course which was incomplete and very buggy, wouldn't even certify that I had completed like it was supposed to, had to take screen shots of everything and email them to my boss. As I worked my way through training, it became apparent that I had been lied to again. This was actually a sales and marketing job, and merchandising is what I would be doing in my free time.

Turns out my job is actually to sell extra product and displays to managers for upcoming promotions. Sounds legit, right? Until you realize that corporate decides what displays each store is gonna get, and they often send way more than the store can even get on the floor. They also automatically send extra product for promotions, usually more then the store can sell and it ends up just sitting in the back room. Several of my stores still have at least half a pallet of canned
  more... gravy sitting in the back room from Thanksgiving (it's January now). Of course they are getting audited on a regular basis by corporate on whether they have enough of the stuff out. That's where my job comes in. The distributors aren't happy with the way the chain management and store management is selling their product, so they contract with Acosta to try and get the stores to buy even more. Needless to say, Acosta reps aren't very well liked in the retail business. One of my stores has managers that tell me to go away and that they don't want to talk with me, they will also send me on wild goose chases looking for the wrong people just to get rid of me. One of the employees even tried to convince me that she didn't even work there, all the while wearing a store issued name tag.

Their payroll and mileage reimbursement applications are also very buggy at best. Hours are deleted, so you need to double check every day. Miles are even worse, they are constantly deleting calls that you made, and then unsubmitting the corrected miles right before the deadline, so they just roll over to the next month, often for months at a time. And when miles makes up for about a third of your paycheck, it's incredibly annoying at best.

Sometimes you can sell product, and many of the managers are actually grateful for the extra help getting displays out, but the amount of time that I spend actually making sales and making a positive difference for the distributors is about 10%. The rest of my time quota is spent making up jobs that don't need done.

There are good parts of the job, like the fact that I haven't seen my boss in three months since she works an area a hundred miles away, or the fact that I do have a good boss, or the mileage reimbursement, or never working in one store for more than three hours at a time. And to be fair, a lot of the issues I deal with are due to the fact that I work a rural service area and the stores are small and often still get the same amount of product as the city stores. But this is definitely a job to look long and hard at if you are going to consider it. Don't just jump like I did.
Pros
Make your own schedule, Variety in work environment (sorta, they are just different locations, same store chains), Lots of drive time with miles reimbursement and driving hours
Cons
Mediocre organization, Lack of product information, Horrible payroll and mileage reimbursement record keeping, Constant mind-numbing boredom, Not enough work to fill time quota
Excellent part time job
Retail Mandate - merchandising team (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 29, 2016
Fun place to work, great team building and team working environment. My only beef is the position although previously a full time job it is only part time and I need to work full time.
Bad Company to work for
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 28, 2016
good hours great co workers the company donot give rasies and will take your fulltime position and make you partime with a week notice.
Provide a lot of sample products
Speciality Sales (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJanuary 23, 2016
working everyday is challeging presenting new products.
management provides good communication throughout the team.
learned different facets of the grocery industry.
Pros
good communication
Cons
never provide pay raises