Acosta Sales & Marketing

Acosta Sales & Marketing Employee Reviews in United States

Acosta is a great place to work
Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sharonville, OHFebruary 2, 2016
I loved my job at Acosta however, I was on the road 3 hours out of the day. I had no family time. it was a fun and fast paced job and I really enjoyed it. My boss and Co workers were great too.
Pros
Always giving bonuses
Cons
Long Distance from home
Acosta
Business Manager's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PADecember 16, 2015
Good company to work for, but unless you were in management there were no increases in sight. It appeared management could have done a better job with respect to balancing work loads among the clerical staff. Some had a very lax workload and others were stretched to the max.
Pros
Nice people and atmosphere.
Very nice office along the canal in Irving close to restaurants and freeways
Business Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 16, 2016
Team invironment where our group helped support each other with different tasks depending on who may have a fire drill and the amount of that drill.
I learned how much could be accomplished when given the correct information and the amount of time and effort my coworkers would put in to help.
The hardest part of my job was working for so many managers that supported several clients. Things are needed at a moments notice so that production could begin and timeline information could be given to stores and warehouses so they could prepare.
Then most enjoyable part of the job was working with our clients to accomplish a goal. It was a great feeling knowing that I worked on a new product with a client and was there from start to finish and seeing that in the store. No better feeling than accomplishment.
Pros
Doctor appointments were allowed to be made up. Flexible Hours.
Cons
Heavy workload supporting several managers in our office and in offices in Houston
Easy schedule
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MIMarch 16, 2016
This job offers a flexible schedule with holidays off. It is very physical and is not for the weak. You must be willing to deal with store managers and the public. You work alone most days.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no health care
A Great Place to Learn Work Ethic
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  NevadaJanuary 10, 2016
I enjoy my co-workers and the management is definitely approachable. This is not a company I would build a career around, but for part time work to meet and enjoy co-workers, it is great.
Pros
Work is done in early afternoon.
Cons
Work begins very early, 5:00 AM
Great place to work!
Reset (Current Employee) –  Dundee, MINovember 12, 2015
I have alot of fun working for Acosta. I enjoy doing shelf resets at the store. I wish the pay and benefits were alot better and also it would be nice to receive raises there. I like the fact that they totally work around your personal schedule for example if you have a drs appt. or you have to leave for a bit to go take care of something.
Pros
Work around your schedule
Cons
pay
Love working at the Krogers love interaction with consumers.
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYMay 24, 2016
Its a great company and compensation is great.I work with several different products under the Nestle name. I will work for this company for along time.
Acosta Field Marketing Representative
Field Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CAMay 19, 2016
My position involved the maintenance and retail and theater marketing of product for Disney Home Video and Walt Disney Pictures.

I was able to apply my expertise in Field Marketing and promotion from my nearly fifteen years working in the music industry, in my position with Mosaic/Acosta.

Since I worked regionally out of my home, there was very little interaction from the company's home office, which was located out of state. The regional manager lived over one hundred miles away, and my only communication with him was by telephone.

The most difficult aspects of the job involved dealing with movie theater personnel, who were usually indifferent to the work I was doing, and were often unavailable to speak to.

The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to assist stores with product placement, and helping increase their sales.
Pros
The ability to set my own schedule, while achieving my daily work tasks in a timely manner.
Cons
Insufficient work hours, minimal compensation and no benefits to speak of.
what I learned
TM c-stores (Current Employee) –  savannah, gaOctober 23, 2015
Job description from corp. not what is actually required in the field. Red tape and mico-managed at every point in ones day. Your tablet will monitor EVERY activity you do during the day and will send an alert to your manager if you are late or early to a store and any unscheduled stop you might take during your day on the route.
Would not take this job if I had to do over again.
Pros
latest technology
Cons
they use latest technology to micro manage your day.
Provide a lot of sample products
Speciality Sales (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJanuary 23, 2016
working everyday is challeging presenting new products.
management provides good communication throughout the team.
learned different facets of the grocery industry.
Pros
good communication
Cons
never provide pay raises
Good Workplace, Good People
Retail Service Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJanuary 31, 2016
I would recommend working here, it's a good atmosphere and management is generally friendly and understanding. Personally I have had a good experience working here.
Pros
Flexible Schedules
Cons
Infrequent Hours
Be your own boss and flexible schedule
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 26, 2015
Different positions available. You'll typically visit anywhere from 3 to 7 grocery stores in a day. Stocking shelves and helping management. Your job may involve resetting an isle (such as cookie and crackers, the pet, or laundry isle) and working on a team of 5 reps removing out of code/discontinued items and replacing with newer product or moving things around.

The hardest part is you'll be on your feet often and stocking shelves and you'll put a lot of mileage on your car in a month (around 1500 to 2000). Although you do have an area manager you have a lot of freedom with your work. You set your schedule.
Pros
freedom and flexible schedule, not in an office, not stuck in one place all day, different types of positions available
Cons
A lot of wear and tear is put on your car
Great Company
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAApril 4, 2016
This is a great company to work with that offers benefits even to those that are Part Time. I highly recommend this company if you are looking to move forward with a merchandising career.
Sales & Marketing Rep
Sales & Marketing Rep (Former Employee) –  La Habra Chino HillsOctober 15, 2015
Horrible disconnected Management!

A typical day would involved long drives (30 to 45 min) to Costco's and perform "glorified" inventory! And "Spy" on other brands products. All on your own cars wear & tear!

Had to deal with pompous store managers who did not care for us!

Most weekly meetings were "Corny" senior citizens role playing how to influence the
P & G Overprice (compare to genetics) brand!
Pros
none! Basic part time work at best
Cons
Terrible Pay! Lots on driving on your own car!
Starbucks Merchandiser
Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque AreaApril 28, 2016
The job was great the supervisor for the Starbucks team has no consideration for how she changes her mind on what she tells you.
Pros
Great job
Cons
Supervisor does not know how to manage
Fun and Active
Sales Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAMay 9, 2016
Great Place to work, interact and to get the experience you need in the merchandising area, helps you get a open mind and courage.
Pros
everything about this job
Cons
having to use your own car
Good
Retail Coverage Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Glenwood Springs, COApril 18, 2016
Good company I drove from store to store fixing displays and selling products taking pictures for clients to assure that the product of there's was in store and ready to sell.
Great job with flexibility
Retail Coverage Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Weston, WVOctober 9, 2015
I enjoyed my jobs with Acosta. The flexibility with scheduling is great, but there was not enough hours work. My last position with Acosta was terminated and consolidated with another employees job, and because I lived further away than the other employee, I was let go. I am thankful for the time with Acosta, I met a lot of great people and enjoyed my job tremendously.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
low hours, no benefits and low pay
Not great
marketing (Former Employee) –  IowaJanuary 9, 2016
This could be a good job if you got more hours and they actually trained you. You have to rely on the store educating you if you can find them very frustrating. Only good for a job tI'll you can find something real.
Pros
Pay make own hours
Cons
No training or hours
Great employer
Sales Rep/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 21, 2016
Had to use my own vehicle to travel. Although mileage was paid, there was no compensation for car maintenance. Little training and communication. Easy work, no weekends
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
High stress as a manager