Acosta Sales & Marketing Employee Reviews

Not a career
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Tooele County, UTAugust 16, 2017
Working for this company is a joke. They promise you 11.75 an hour which sounds nice until you realize you only get 3 hours a week. Basically a joke. Wouldn't do it again.
Pros
None.
Cons
Whole company
acosta jobs
RCM (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDAugust 16, 2017
Great Job, except for the traveling especially in our area where it can snow a lot. The travel pay is not enough. mileage was not enough to allow for car repair or services ,gas.
Pros
freedom of working alone
Cons
GPS spying on employees
Flexible job but needs some changes
Retail Coverage Merchandiser (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCAugust 16, 2017
Normal day consists of reading documents on tablet or paperwork pertaining to tasks in stores. Dealing with merchandise in store in multiple departments.
Pros
Flexible hours, benefits
Cons
Hours not consistent/fluctuate throughout year. No pay raises that I know of.
workplace
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Wendell, NCAugust 14, 2017
Good place to work, easy going people to work with, willing to work with your home life schedule. compensation could be more, considering the work is hard. Hardest part of job is when you have a huge reset you have to do alone.
Management was nice
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 13, 2017
I like working day shift Mon-Fri. Learned when you get a promotion get it in writing I really liked working with people in store over all job was fun!
This company was okay to work for.
Management (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 12, 2017
I liked working for this company. Many changes were

Being made but hours were cut tremendously.The

Jobs that did come onto portal was all over the

Place in which I had to drive. I had to find another

Job to pay my bills.
Don't apply at acosta you will be sorry you did
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Delano, CAAugust 9, 2017
1. they don't know what there doing, everything is done though text message or chats, they don't call you.

2. they only keep you for the promotions then they will laid you off, I got hired but no one told me it was only for a 8 day promotion then they laid everyone off.

3 no one communicates with each other, they expect you to know everything and gets mad if you ask a lot of question.

in other words this job is very awful to work at just trust me dont' apply for this company, your better off going with another company where you can meet your managers and co workers in person, not through texts and chats.
Pros
Cons
they don't tell you everything
not happy with Acosta
Merchandiser Specialist (Current Employee) –  Owatonna, MNAugust 8, 2017
1. I wouldn't say, u would have a good day.
2. Their day, they set-up the questions for their RSR, they know when they set-up day, it is set-up with so many questions that you can not finish your day feeling peace, a job will done.
3. I was told this by my UM...
Terrible HR
HRIS Analyst (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 8, 2017
HRIS Leaders have no idea what to do. They over work you, hire contractors that are given better perks such as work from home but if you are a full time associate, forget it. When it was brought to HR's attention they made the entire team feel even worse.
Cons
HR Department, Recruiting Department, Pay, no raises, no work life balance.
dangerous neighborhoods to work in
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 4, 2017
Acosta puts their employees in very bad and dangerous neighborhoods for work....and they do not keep you or your vehicle safe. would not recommend this company at all. that why im looking for a better job.
Pros
no pros
Cons
stressful comapny to work at...dont care about employess
Poor Management
Vendor (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 3, 2017
Management does not appreciate good employees. They have no concern for a balanced work/family/life environment. When contacting HR, the only respond when they want to. If you ask a question that they don't care to answer they will not respond to your email no matter how many times you send an email or ask the question.
Great place to learn about merchandising on different platforms
Ecommerce Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 2, 2017
Enjoyed working from home and people are nice, however no room for advancement/will get pigeon held in a position and difficult to get explicit directions.
Great place to work.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Marlborough, MAAugust 1, 2017
Great place to work. They care about their employees. Benefits are good. I have learned a lot of merchandising and selling. The company has plenty of work and they keep you busy.
Pros
Happy enviorment
Cons
Could have better heakth care but not bad.
needs to increase hourly rate
Retail Reset Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 1, 2017
Acosta needs to review the hourly employee rate; as well as per diem for rates for mileage starts at $.32 for first 500 miles then drops to $.31 up to 1100 miles and then $.11 mile thereafter. In addition, they allow up to $35.00 a day however you must submit receipts in order to be reimbursed for these funds. This is time consuming and
if you travel you must give the first hour of your travel time to the company before they start allowing you to charge you to start your pay rate.

These things do not cover your travel time or your cover your expenses on your car. In fact If you have to fill your car up 2-3 times in a week you actually end up having to pay to go to work.
Pros
Good Managers
Cons
Travel expenses
Working in a timely manner to ensure work gets done within allotted time.
Merchandiser / Dannon DRT (Current Employee) –  Solon, OHAugust 1, 2017
Sometimes hard to get all work done in the time allowed in each store. I enjoy working with all the different managers in my 42 locations. Always different promotions happening to keep displays current. I work mostly on my own as my boss is 5 hours away, so there is a lot of trust that I do my job correctly and in a timely manner.
Pros
Meeting new store managers.
Cons
Alot of drive time.
Not enough work/hours
Retail Merchandising Specialist/Reset Specialist (Former Employee) –  IndianaJuly 29, 2017
frequently driving 30 minutes to do a store call to stock product with a 60-90 minute time frame and having a 10 minute call due to no back stock. Learned a lot of the retail stores I serviced were extremely unorganized and unprepared. Management was available whenever I needed them which was nice. Hardest part was getting a lot less hours than expected. Enjoyed doing resets
Pros
Resets
Cons
No back stock on products
Not for those who are looking for "upward" mobility
Retail Coverage Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Lanham, MDJuly 27, 2017
If you are retired and just want some extra income coming in, or a H.S. graduate willing to work for close to minimum wage with no reviews for performance and no pay raises, good fit. Not for higher educated individuals who are looking for upward mobility and career advancement.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Low pay, no room for advancement, work overload
Standard Merchandising
Sales and Marketing Liaison (Former Employee) –  Enid, OKJuly 27, 2017
Not a lot to say here. Standard merchandising job. Well, actually they did give a company issued Galaxy Pad to record your work with onsite. That was pretty cool.
Pros
Galaxy pad.
Cons
Travel, sometimes underpaid for jobs.
Easy work
Retail Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 26, 2017
Easy work with compensation above minimum wage. Upper management for me was wonderful. Working part-time gives you flexibility in planning your schedule
Pros
flexibility
Cons
I found it monotonous.
Great company
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 26, 2017
Really enjoyed working here. Hated having to leave but had to due to personal reasons. The flexibility to schedule allowed for part time to full time
Pros
Flexable schedule
Cons
Traveling

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Acosta Sales & Marketing. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7