Acosta Sales & Marketing

Acosta Sales & Marketing Employee Reviews

create own schedule
Retail Sales Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Binghamton, NYJuly 14, 2016
Husband became ill moved to Florida for a short time for him to be with daughter Otherwise I woul not have quit
Did transfer with company to Florida supervisor didn't have a clue about where stores were located and some didn't even exhist Was a different division Decided time to quit Equiptment issued me was faulty as well Supervisor only interested in her numbers
Pros
create own schedule
Cons
lots of milage on car
Acosta Sales and Marketing
Retail Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJuly 13, 2016
Overall its been one of my favorite jobs. Very flexible schedule. Management is kind and very helpful and i would work for them again
Pros
Work when you want
Cons
can be some lack of communication
Field Manager
Field Manager (Current Employee) –  Nanuet, NYJuly 7, 2016
I check daily reports in the Home Depot flooring department. I teach product knowledge to associates in the flooring department. Also I make sure that there is enough staffing in the flooring department and I try to resolve issues and motivate associates in the flooring department.
Management is a nightmare
Kroger Mandate Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIJuly 7, 2016
You do not get paid for the tons of emails you get 24/7 which is against the law. There are no raises and the pay for mileage is horrible. Working with the in-store staff was great but the actual company management is horrible. They talk too you and treat you like dirt.
And you also are not told that there would be no work from November to January during training. I had to find out from another team member.
Pros
Flexable hours
Cons
Horrible management, no raises, pay not competative
High volume traffic with customers, Excellent Customer Services
Sales Representative for Canon and Panasonic (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 5, 2016
Setting up table with digital camera's display, demonstration of new Digital Camera's, help customers make the right decision to full field their needs. Suggest accessories.

Learned so much more about Digital Camera's lenses, video, and how to identify customers needs.

Always helpful,thoughtful and open to suggestions.

Cooperative, friendly and enjoyable to work with.

NONE

See the customers making a purchase that is wright for them because i know they will be back.
Customers satisfaction is my goal.
Pros
End of the year bonus
Cons
Only part time
retail with little supervision
Retail Continuity Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  NJJuly 1, 2016
I enjoyed the flexible schedule. There are no pay raises ever for this position. When hired there was compensation for driving expenses. That has virtually disappeared. In the retail merchandising field, Acosta is better than most.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
no pay raises ever, diminishing compensation package
not sure
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Paris, TXJune 28, 2016
They hired several people over the last few months and then called us last week to tell us that our positions were being eliminated.
Acosta is great if you're looking to fill a few hours a week.
Retail Coverage Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  St. Charles, MOJune 28, 2016
Acosta only gives about 8-12 hours a week, there's no room to advance with them. The hours pick up for about 6 weeks during the thanksgiving and Christmas season then completely die off. This is not a job designed too support a family.
love this company, yet since contracts with vendors are down recently
Merchandiser lead (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 22, 2016
great company to work for ,the manager i worked with was open,supportive and knowledgeable.
I was full time. yet recently have been moved to part time which is a shame since the companies that weare vendors for have had a bad year so it effects us employees,still hoping to transfer to another position to remain full time, yet not sure as of now.
Looking to be employed would have nothing of great things to say about this company
Pros
great employees, Wonderful manager
Cons
loosing a full time position to part-time, raises are not seen in merchandiser positions
Demanding
Mandate Merchandising Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 22, 2016
Great people but no raises or reviews. Mileage program barely covers expenses, and management is just alright. I really enjoy working in Publix and have learned a lot in a year.
Pros
Not many
Cons
Mileage reimbursement
working for Acosta
Retail Coverage Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Warren, PAJune 20, 2016
a typical day at work was always eventful. I learned that a positive out look is key to working with the public. my unit manager was always their for me when i needed help
got to visit different places.Also how different walmarts was set up.
Retail Project Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Norton, VAJune 19, 2016
i learned at acosta how to read and set planograms. Did audits for the different walmarts always had to get the manager so incase something needed to be fixed.
Pros
drive a lot
Cons
lack of hours
productive fun place to work.
mCcormick sales rep/grocery chains (Former Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAJune 15, 2016
I lo working at Acosta. My supervisors were very cool and so were the people I worked with. We did resets in grocery Vons 10 pm to 6 am.The hardest part of the job was trying to sleep during the day,but most of all it was fun.
Depends
Merchandiser/Reset (Former Employee) –  UtahJune 15, 2016
This job has a lot of pressure. There is always a job within Kroger to be done and that isn't necessarily a problem. The problem is if it doesn't get done than you're dealing with your manager (mine was ALWAYS understanding and awesome) and with the whole upper echelon with Kroger. They (Kroger) doesn't accept anything less than perfect and it makes managers easily annoyed and frustrated which then get taken out on the people it shouldn't be taken out on. It is basic merchandising though: shelf resets, placing new product and removing old product. I just wish that there wasn't the store to actually deal with, store personnel made the job a lot more frustrating and annoying than it should be.
Pros
Co-Workers, Management, Hours
Cons
Pay, Store personnel
good
retail merchandising (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 12, 2016
A typical day at work would be good if all thing went according to plan.Co-workers were ok but everyone who not do their best only the minimum.Hardest part of the job was the lazy co-workers and everyone in your business instead of working.I enjoyed getting to see new things every week.
Great manager and company
Retail Coverage Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Tupelo, Starkville, MS; Florence, ALJune 9, 2016
I enjoy working in this company because of the flexibility and ease of communication with my manager. It is a very rewarding career with challenges and interesting assignments. I'd continue with Acosta if only there were regular raises and fair gas compensation.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
no raises nor gas mileage rate increases
easy job to do if we had more time
RETAIL MERCHANDISER (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJune 6, 2016
I enjoy my job however. company is adding more clients but no extra time to complete 100%
told first day I worked they give no raises. and have been told several times since "no raises"
we only get 39 cents a mile for traveling which is way below the national average. we cover vacations for each other and that requires traveling.
Pros
none anymore
Cons
not enough time to complete task 100% for the client
Good entry level stepping stone job
Customer Advisor 2 (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 5, 2016
It is a good entry level stepping stone place, couple years tops. Top heavy management from Director levels up. This management group protects each others interests, tramples on the rights, careers of those below. It is a very insecure but also big ego group. Well compensated with enough perks, "bonus" time off that offsets their lower pay. Upper management takes bonus's when those lower do not.
I would say this management group is lazy but always saying how busy they are. In reality they are so busy throwing subordinates under the bus and trying to cover up their tracks from "overselling" their capabilities. The saying when you tell the truth it becomes a part of your past but when you lie it becomes a part of your future. Pertains.

Preaches a core set of values but does not even remotely follow them.
Frequently lie and misrepresent themselves to clients.
Great place to work, but not enough hours for work.
Retail Representative (Former Employee) –  Lumberton, NCJune 4, 2016
Acosta is a great company to work for. The only problem is that there were hardly any hours to work with. The work was easy to do and I really enjoyed doing it.
ok type of job
inventory, pricing, customer service (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIJune 3, 2016
the thing I did not like was all the driving from point A to point B. each day could be different but learning to work with different store was a big challenge.

2.8