Acosta Sales & Marketing

Acosta Sales & Marketing Employee Reviews in United States

Good Place to Learn
Claims Department (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 2, 2015
Great place to learn Accounts Receivable type work in the claims department. You will learn a lot of information on how to research and process claims.
Pros
Company lets you leave an hour or two early before major holidays
Flexible Schedule
Retail Coverage Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCOctober 30, 2015
Excellent supplement to full-time job. Stocking products at major retail stores. Displaying promotions for major companies such as Microsoft and Sony.
Pros
Ability to move schedule.
Cons
Software issues.
easy to work with
sets assocate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 30, 2015
This company was easy to work with. Their rate of pay and re-emburstments were fair. The other members of the crew were helpful as were the supervisors. The hardest part of the job was removing stubborn shelves. I enjoyed going to the differant stores to work.
Pros
verity of work
Cons
no insurance benefits
Dont care about their employees
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  NJOctober 27, 2015
There is no respect for the employee. The company values the dollar over the employee. There have been no raises not even cost of living increases. Promotions are a joke. Work life balance is a joke.
Be your own boss and flexible schedule
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 26, 2015
Different positions available. You'll typically visit anywhere from 3 to 7 grocery stores in a day. Stocking shelves and helping management. Your job may involve resetting an isle (such as cookie and crackers, the pet, or laundry isle) and working on a team of 5 reps removing out of code/discontinued items and replacing with newer product or moving things around.

The hardest part is you'll be on your feet often and stocking shelves and you'll put a lot of mileage on your car in a month (around 1500 to 2000). Although you do have an area manager you have a lot of freedom with your work. You set your schedule.
Pros
freedom and flexible schedule, not in an office, not stuck in one place all day, different types of positions available
Cons
A lot of wear and tear is put on your car
Fun job experance
Merchandise Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cameron, MOOctober 26, 2015
During my time with the company I enjoyed my job. Both challenging and rewarding. My manager was excellent. Only down side I had was the amount of ware and tear on my personal car.
what I learned
TM c-stores (Current Employee) –  savannah, gaOctober 23, 2015
Job description from corp. not what is actually required in the field. Red tape and mico-managed at every point in ones day. Your tablet will monitor EVERY activity you do during the day and will send an alert to your manager if you are late or early to a store and any unscheduled stop you might take during your day on the route.
Would not take this job if I had to do over again.
Pros
latest technology
Cons
they use latest technology to micro manage your day.
Independent Merchandiser
Independent merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Coral Springs flOctober 15, 2015
Independent Merchandiser for a company with management who either ignores or micromanaging.
I love the flexibility, it fit into a certain part of my life.
Pay is awful, raises are nonexistent.
Pros
Flexible schedule.
Cons
No benefits, not guaranteed certain hours.
Sales & Marketing Rep
Sales & Marketing Rep (Former Employee) –  La Habra Chino HillsOctober 15, 2015
Horrible disconnected Management!

A typical day would involved long drives (30 to 45 min) to Costco's and perform "glorified" inventory! And "Spy" on other brands products. All on your own cars wear & tear!

Had to deal with pompous store managers who did not care for us!

Most weekly meetings were "Corny" senior citizens role playing how to influence the
P & G Overprice (compare to genetics) brand!
Pros
none! Basic part time work at best
Cons
Terrible Pay! Lots on driving on your own car!
Great for Self Starters
MARKETING (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAOctober 13, 2015
Lots of independence and trust.
Excellent communication. Occasionally the software needed for reporting was cranky, but overall an excellent job that allowed growth, challenge, and reward.
Flexible scheduling
Merchandiser, Vendor/Stocker (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCOctober 13, 2015
Company allows you to make your own schedule and be able to accommodate work-life balance situations. Managers make sure that the job is fair and that you are treated fairly. When help is needed they are more than happy to accommodate.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Payment to vendor stockers is low.
Great Job, Great Company
Business Manager Assistant (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COOctober 13, 2015
I love coming to work each day. My boss is incredible and treats me with respect. The company offers many different incentives including a bonus tracker for being healthy, free flu shots, nice working spaces and competitive salary.
Normal Corporate Workplace
Client Service (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 13, 2015
Day to day is okay and the company has great capabilities. Management resists change and it's hard to move up. Systems are older and the organization is not very transparent.
Great job with flexibility
Retail Coverage Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Weston, WVOctober 9, 2015
I enjoyed my jobs with Acosta. The flexibility with scheduling is great, but there was not enough hours work. My last position with Acosta was terminated and consolidated with another employees job, and because I lived further away than the other employee, I was let go. I am thankful for the time with Acosta, I met a lot of great people and enjoyed my job tremendously.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
low hours, no benefits and low pay
I like working for this company,very understanding and always sending emails about upcoming events.
Marketing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 9, 2015
My typical day is always joyful day because I am a people person so I get to meet and help a lot of customers with any needs and questions that may have with the store products and still get my work finished on time.Management is awesome at all the different stores that i work from,always kind and very helpful with anything that i may need to complete my job.My co-workers a really great everyone pitches in and we all make sure that if anyone needs help with their job we do our very best to help get that job done and done correctly, just a really great team. I think the hardest part about this job is having to move shelves up or down because sometimes they do not fit correctly and you have to make sure that they are locked in place to make sure they do not happen to fall on a customer or a employee.
Bad pay, overload of work, no room for advancement
Claims Invoice Assistant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 8, 2015
I work my tail off for very little compensation, yes the amount of vacation time we get is nice but I would rather have less vacation and more pay to support my family. I usually start my day with a long list of work and by the end of the day it is doubled if not tripled in size. They like to hire family members of higher ups for the smaller positions, it keeps biting them in the rear but they don't seem to get it. These people are ridiculous.
Pros
Vacation time
Cons
Everything else
Company is flexible to work for.
Retail Coverage Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  East Setauket, NYOctober 6, 2015
The company does not give raises to their hourly merchandisers. Other than that my boss is wonderful to work for and is very supportive in working to accomodate my hours for my 2 children.
Excellent Service
Account Revenue Clerk (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 5, 2015
The work environment was fast paced with a broad base of companies. The work load was divided into teams so that the work could be completed by anyone on that team. There was the end of month crunch to complete all the accounts. There was also quarterly accounts completed. The systems were 90% online making the work accurate and easy to balance. It was a fun work environment to work in. The leads kept the teams engaged with trivia and games.
Pros
Opportunity for movement
Cons
New fortune 500 company
great company to work with
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  CAOctober 4, 2015
respects thier employees , pays well , compensates really good .
great coworkers , great management , trust thier employees and managers .
Typical Corporate Job
Senior Retail Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 3, 2015
As with most large companies, your department and management can make or break your views of the company. Overall the company is great to work for, employee friendly, great benefits good opportunities to network within the CPG retail space.
Benefits