Acosta Sales & Marketing Employee Reviews

I enjoy working here
Retail Manager (Current Employee) –  Eugene, OROctober 4, 2017
Great place to work. Problem is they don't give annual increases and job security. If the company loses a client then you could also lose your job. People that you work with are very friendly.
Pros
Set your hours
Cons
no increases
Poor communication and planning
Retail Service Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXOctober 3, 2017
This is not a bad company if you have another job to fall back on. Upper Management did not have a game plan at all, so you never knew from day to day where you will be working.
Pros
This job allows plenty of time for family life.
Cons
No communication
fun atmosphere
Merchandising Representative Vendor (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 3, 2017
I wasn't planning on leaving Acosta, but they terminated my employement due to over hiring. They thought they would get the bulik of the businsess and they didn't
Pros
self made schedule
Cons
not able to show my committment
This is a great job for someone that needs a side job or extra money
Retail Merchandiser, Lead (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 29, 2017
I think this is a great place to work. It is very flexible and there is no one breathing down your neck. The only down fall is it pays so little and the hours are very inconsistent. It is a great job for someone who only needs to supplement their income or create fun money.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Low pay and really sparatic hours.
Can work at early hours to finish earlier and avoid store traffic
Retail Coverage Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNSeptember 28, 2017
Poor communication on upcoming changes high layoffs and lack of accountability for associates not performing duties no pay raises allowed and poor assistance in tech support and Human Resources Dept
Pros
Individual work
Cons
Poor communication lack of raises and high layoffs
Overall company
Store Representative (Former Employee) –  Pinckney, MISeptember 25, 2017
Amazing company to work for. Perfect for someone who needs a flexible schedule but still needs full time hours. Would definitely work there again if given the chance.
stressful job
Retail Sales Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  Temple Terrace, FLSeptember 25, 2017
highly stressful job, clients demands are extremely high.
Lots of traveling to four different states..................................................
wonderful flexable work days
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Kerrville, TXSeptember 25, 2017
I love working there because with being a mom if my kids have appointments or anything, I can change what day I go to work. I am also able to pick my kids up from school.
Work Atmosphere
Merchandise Representative (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALSeptember 24, 2017
Is good but you move from one store to another socializing with store associates while passing through the job in each store is limited time so you have to do your work sign out on Walmart Supercenter log out book.
Cons
It cause health problems.
Good experience
Merchandising Specialist/Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 22, 2017
This was a job that I learned how to Merchandise products but the drive time and compensation did not match up. I drove anywhere from 800 to 1500 miles per month in personal vehicle and what I was being paid did not help with maintaining my car.
Pros
Lots of freedom, great experience and met a lot of different types of people.
Cons
Drove a lot of miles in my personal vehicle and I was not being paid enough for maintenance.
Productive and no stress
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Ada, OKSeptember 21, 2017
i don't really have much to say other than its a good company that don't look over your shoulder all the time,, there are companies that do that but they don't
Pros
you can schedule when you want to do the projects
benefits
Great work/life balance, repetitive work behind a a desk
Reporting Analyst Intern (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 21, 2017
If you enjoy working behind a desk all day generating data and analyzing it then you will enjoy working here. Excellent work/life balance though. Plenty of opportunities for advancement when you get into the company.
enjoy having the flexibility with the position
Sale Representative (Current Employee) –  MarylandSeptember 18, 2017
productive and enjoy working with the team like the hours and the company has family day we also receive lots of great samples of new
Products from clients and discounts offered from some Accounts
Pros
free samples
Cons
health care increase
hire people for less $ and let you go
Retail Service Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  IndianaSeptember 13, 2017
I enjoyed my job, and my supervisor. I was with the company for 4 years. The company recently hired a few people in each district, expecting to get more work. They didn't get the workload they thought, so they let go of their dedicated employees, and kept the new ones because they make less $. I never received a raise the whole time either. I hope that $1 an hour they saved blows up in their face!
Pros
work independently
Cons
no raises, hire people in at less $ to replace you
Productive work place, just have to be okay with store managers.
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MSSeptember 12, 2017
Work very early in the mornings, an would be out of the stores mid day. As long as you did you job right an on time there wouldn't be a problem. Must be able to lift product an read the small print off the planograms.
Pros
Get breaks.
Cons
Only part time
Managment is shady
Retail Coverage Merchadiser (Former Empolyee) (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaSeptember 9, 2017
I was hired in 2014 full time then I was down graded to part time in 2016. I had two different unit mangers when i worked for this company as of yesterday i was told my position had been terminated and I could go home. Managers at the stores I worked at didn't like allowing me to put out Comacs or to change the end cap displays.. Have the time the App used to scan products didn't work right. You get coupons and point of sell signage to put out and take pictures after you put them out. Have the time you'd go back in the store a couple days later and the store had removed what you had put out so you couldn't take pics of it again, Plus there were duplicate questions in the calls you had to answer in the tablet the company provides you with and not enough time allotted on some calls to get all the questions answered. The hardest part of this job was finding someone to print labels out and changing on hand counts if they needed to be changed.
Pros
pay
Cons
30 mintue lunch and wear and tear on your personal vechicle
Very good company to work for no pressure job with good benifits
Retail Service Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 8, 2017
Work independly from my house they supply a tablet that your work is
downloaded on and you work the orders and send them up when finished. You enter your ow hours and mileage so you can be paid.
Fun place to work
Associate Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CASeptember 8, 2017
I love the culture of the people I work with. Events are created to boost the morality and be able to know people outside of everyday business life, such as games and BBQ's during the summertime.
Pros
Culture Committee Events
Cons
raises are not common
Good Job
Retail Continuity Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Columbia SCSeptember 7, 2017
hours are flex, money is ok , I had a wonderful manager
never got a increase in pay, but did get a bonus
work is not hard, the hardest part is dealing with store managers
Pros
flex
Cons
money
acosta
Merchandiser Specialist (Current Employee) –  Baraboo, WISeptember 6, 2017
flexible scheduling most jobs are either to be scheduled one week or two any day and time when you can complete. offer 401 k plan and vacation days depending on how long you work and typical hours you schedule.
Pros
flexable scheduling
Cons
daily travel, low pay, pay raises are infrequent

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Acosta Sales & Marketing. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7