Acosta Sales & Marketing

Acosta Sales & Marketing Employee Reviews

Depends
Merchandiser/Reset (Former Employee) –  UtahJune 15, 2016
This job has a lot of pressure. There is always a job within Kroger to be done and that isn't necessarily a problem. The problem is if it doesn't get done than you're dealing with your manager (mine was ALWAYS understanding and awesome) and with the whole upper echelon with Kroger. They (Kroger) doesn't accept anything less than perfect and it makes managers easily annoyed and frustrated which then get taken out on the people it shouldn't be taken out on. It is basic merchandising though: shelf resets, placing new product and removing old product. I just wish that there wasn't the store to actually deal with, store personnel made the job a lot more frustrating and annoying than it should be.
Pros
Co-Workers, Management, Hours
Cons
Pay, Store personnel
Merchandiser
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 25, 2016
Okay company to work for-
You work at your own pace
Jobs are easy to understand and complete
However,
There are no pay raises so there is really no incentive- a person with several years experience and knowledge in retail is being paid the same as a person hired off the street with no knowledge.
Management could be a little more organized, approachable and tailor their criticism
Pros
Work is steady and you work independent
Cons
Pay scale, lack of appreciation
good company friendliy people
Merchandiser/Auditor (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCNovember 12, 2016
Acosta is a very good company and has very friendlily management team. It is a nice environment to work under as you can see pay is not so great.
Run away, dead end career path
CCA (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 10, 2016
Run don't walk away from this place, the BPS dept-includes claims resolution and specialists positions. There is no room for advancement, only two positions to advance to and their lateral moves (.35 increase or no pay increase). The BPS manager is a TYRANT, they include you in their "activities and potlucks" without your consent, have team meetings over your un-paid lunch hour and if you disagree, they tell you, its mandatory or shame you into going by pressuring and asking why you don't want to be part of the team. Their childish potlucks and activities are an attempt to make up for the high turnover, low morale, and insufficient pay. Pay is $13.00 per hour. They typically target higher degree individuals "sell them dreams" while offering no career growth, meanwhile favored certain individuals with HS diplomas or associate degrees are promoted or in management.
Pros
You have a steady low wage pay check
Cons
management, pay, career advancement, job morale, lack of diversity
Low pay
Dedicated Team Retail Coverage Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 28, 2016
Wouldn't recommend working for this company.

No co-worker

Independent work environment

Management not accessible

Merchandising multiple brands of products
Cons
Low pay for miles driven
merchandiser
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Mountain Home, IDNovember 9, 2016
The Absoulute worst company ,I have ever worked for ,I was hired at 24 hours a week ,I got 4 hours this week ,management is a nightmare ,and I plan on filing a law suit against them.
Mostly Independent Work with Much Travel
Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 16, 2017
Pay used up in gas, mileage/ wear and tear costs to my vehicle because I was part-time and used to cover the stores the rest refused to go to. Supervisor begged me to stay, was mad when I had to quit and probably gives an unfair reference even though I did everything that was required.
Pros
You make your own schedule
Cons
You don't make much $$
Great Benefits, no pay raises, first 4 years great unit manager
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tri-Cities, TNAugust 4, 2016
I enjoyed my 4+ years working here. I was laid off due to a supposed down sizing, but found out otherwise when my position became available weeks after lay off. I was informed that I could re-apply, but was not re-hired. Go figure. Upper management has a lot to be desired.
I loved working at a customer I was my job when you come to an end
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  San Diego County and Orange countyMarch 15, 2017
Acosta is a great place to work that is where I started working for Kehe When Acosta contract was up with Kehe And they didn't reup it that's when I went over to Kehe because I love working in the grocery store business
Pros
I just left everything about it
Cons
Didn't keep their contract with Kehe
Flexible schedule but gets pretty mundane.
Retail Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Chillicothe, OHJanuary 3, 2017
This job offers you a lot of flexibility in scheduling which is great, but the work itself can get pretty boring pretty quickly. And even though you get mileage reimbursment all of the driving can be taxing and difficult on your car.
Pros
Schedule flexibility
Cons
Not exciting work
Profitable and compatible to my lifestyle.
Manager Field Trainer (Former Employee) –  Douglasville, GAFebruary 1, 2017
I enjoyed my position at Acosta because it allowed me to grow and gain very prominent relationships on a professional level. As a Field Trainer the company allowed me to be empowered to manage in a style that was comfortable to me without being micromanaged.
Good for retired individuals
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 9, 2016
Four days a week 24 hours if on a mandate team. Good for those only wanting part time. Travel is required and contracts with brokers can be terminated at anytime.
Pros
something different everyday, supervisors
Cons
hours, travel and job security
Good Place to work
Retail Coverage Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 24, 2017
Great Manager, flexibility in hours. Overall ok company to work for, however, amount of hours expected to work changed quarterly. Good job for someone who likes working in retail stores.
Pros
flexibility in hours
Cons
drive own vehicle, low mileage reimbursement
All communications are with electronics
RCM (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 30, 2017
Acosta is an interesting pale to work. There is a lot of repetition involved in answering the questions. All communications are done electronically and it was hard to have a detailed conversation with a real person.
Pros
pay good
Cons
had to wear dress clothes even when working dirty heavy products making displays
Awful company with horrible management
Retail Sales Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAMay 25, 2016
This company looks good from the start; you get an interview over the phone, they tell you you'll make decent money (for an entry level job), you get to make your own schedule. Great, right? No. You constantly get emails from some person you've never heard of telling you about new hours you have to set for "incremental hours." Also, any time you want to talk to management, good luck. The only time they will contact you is if you're doing something wrong. Do yourself a favor and stay away from this job.
Pros
SLIGHTLY flexible scheduling
Cons
Everything else; management, job duties, short-unpaid lunch, etc.
Work schedule vary accomodating
retail merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Logan UtahMarch 7, 2017
I enjoyed my work as a retail merchandiser for Acosta ,but would like to pursue jobs for the company as a data collector.
My background is 30 years as a supplier quality engineer and auditor
Pros
great hours most weeks
Cons
Blackout during holidays
Not what it was made to seem
Sales and Marketing (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsOctober 7, 2016
I initially went into the company thinking my route was in my area. They did not tell me I would be going to 2 other states besides my own. It is EXHAUSTING. The way the job was described to me was the job would be in my area with minimal traveling. I drive close to 2000 miles a month. If you need repairs on your vehicle and don't have another form of transportation while it is being fixed, be prepared for losing your job.
Pros
good pay for mileage
Cons
not too honest on what the job really entails and how much you end up driving.
Enjoyed learning and applying what I learned on thw job.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Hastings, Nebraska, WalmartFebruary 3, 2017
Enjoyed learning on the tablet for the job. Liked learning how to pick items and making sure they were kept on the shelf for customers. They really offer a good pay scale also.
Pros
Working on my own most of the time.
Cons
Multple managers wanting things done differently.
I wouldn't work for them
Retail Coverage Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Arab, ALOctober 25, 2016
I worked for Acosta for a month. I was promised at least 14 hours a week and was getting 8 hours a week. They say the schedule is flexible but it's not really. The hours a bad if you're flex and you're not promised to keep your job if they rezone. If you're looking for a forever job this place isn't it.
omg!!! Stay Away
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 11, 2017
Everything about it is horrible. Manager was horrible. And when I have notice I was quitting after 5 weeks I had to BEG for my paycheck. Don't work here!
Pros
Nothing not one thing!
Cons
May not get paid

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Acosta Sales & Marketing. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8