Acro Service Corporation Employee Reviews

Temporary assignment, nice employees, stressful high call volume.
customer care representative (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MINovember 21, 2015
I am giving them a 2 overall rating due to committing to me one rate (in writing) during on-board approval, then paying a lower rate. Then telling me the correction increase was "all set" multiple times, when it was not & will not be. Acro blames the client.

It's insulting. Over a very small cents amount, but it is principal. Now assignment may go longer than the 3 months originally discussed.
Acro should have decency to pay difference since they are making money. Acro obviously does not respect or value their temps.

It is a high stress customer service position. Fortunately, the office I am temping at have wonderful employees that are pleasant to work with and great supportive management.

I will not recommend Acro or use them ever again.
I do not like any type of trickiness or dishonesty.

The Acro office I dealt is in Livonia, MI but position is in NJ.
Pros
Supportive management and nice employees. 2 set Breaks if like, long lunch & cleanliness at office I am temping for.
Cons
Very high stress for low pay rate, not enough people for phones.
lost in translation
HSE Engineer (Former Employee) –  Washington/Metro, DCNovember 13, 2015
Well, first if you can get past the language barriers most Acro recruiters have (hindi to english = hinglish?)...... the next phase will most likely be worst for you. Honestly, employee relations can't be as bad at most other hiring agencies, as it is at Acro.

The majority of Acro recruiters negotiating temporary or permanent work assignments for you, are actually incapable of performing the same assignments themselves..... prompting significant communication issues that Acro management appears rather apathetic to resolve. *Acro basically shouldn't be competing for work outside basic admin assignments.

Please seriously consider other hiring agencies prior to working with Acro, as most will have better employee and customer (client) relations. The 4-5 Acro personnel I communicated with or at least tried to; would seriously have difficulty matching the skill-set needed for administrative work; anything more is truly beyond their capabilities. Its not egotism, but a sad, sad fact. Please be advised to look elsewhere.
Pros
Cons
Acro personnel (lack of education), poor communication skills, calling during non-work hours, etc.
A rewarding company to work for
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIDecember 13, 2012
I came to Acro in 2011 from another staffing company. At Acro I find great people, and great rewards for great work. The environment here is welcoming, and the company is a well-oiled machine. I was able to hire in and start working with my department on projects right away. Something I really admire about the company is their values. If you have a strong work ethic, you will be rewarded for it. I am in the middle of my career and I would love to stay with Acro until my retirement. Acro works with many respectable Fortune 500 companies and has a great reputation within the staffing industry. I have made great connections since I've joined, and I am proud to be an employee here.
Pros
people, work envrionment, rewards, work-life balance
Cons
far from my home, no lunch service in the building.
Great Place To Work!!!!
Associate (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIDecember 11, 2012
Acro is a stable and growth oriented company with over 30 years of success in business! The Company provides a comfortable work environment and encourages team members to contribute to the strategies that shape the organizations growth opportunities and corporate culture! Team members encouraged to achieve success through fun friendly competition. Compensation is competitive and while performance expectations are high, top performers are recognized for their exceptional performance. And, because benefits are an important part of the career decisions made today, the Company also offers a complete array of benefits to allow team members to care for EVERY member of their family as they even offer veterinary insurance! Management is willing to take the time to mentor and share their years of industry knowledge.
A place to learn and grow...
Business Dev./ Recruitment Manager (Former Employee) –  Pasadena CaAugust 1, 2012
Overall Acro was a good company. I must say there was a sense of an unstable management environment. My boss was not very supportive. I created all the salesmarketing tools without any feedback which was frustrating.

The Corporate Headquarter's wanted to save money so they decided to close the Pasadena division. So I was laid off. If I wanted to move to Michigan I could have stayed with the company but moving at the time was not an option.

On a positive note, working here forced me to be very independent and I was able to close the sale without any help. This experience gave me the confidence to breakaway and start my own business.
Pros
good business, great customer base
Cons
unstable management. my boss was not very supportive.
Management was very helpful in teaching me my job.
Temporary Position for Aon Energy Risk Engineering (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 13, 2016
Office Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TX – January 13, 2016
Pros: Houston, TX
A day at work Risk Assessments, Billed time for employees who traveled and lodging expenses into Deltek system, Entered employee time sheets, Monitored clients concerning AR, accounts payable & receivable, safety training, department fire warden, answered phones.

I learned the Deltek system.

Management: Was easy to work for.

Co-workers: outgoing group of people.

Hardest part of the job. I did not find it hard to work for this company.

The most enjoyable part of the job was all the different task I did.
Ok
Data Analyst Contractor (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 19, 2013
This is my review. My love is as a fever, longing still
For that which longer nurseth the disease;
Feeding on that which doth preserve the ill,
The uncertain sickly appetite to please.
My reason, the physician to my love,
Angry that his prescriptions are not kept,
Hath left me, and I desperate now approve,
Desire his death, which physic did except.
Past cure I am, now reason is past care,
And frantic-mad with evermore unrest;
My thoughts and my discourse as madmen's are,
At random from the truth vainly express'd;

For I have sworn thee fair, and thought thee bright,
Who art as black as hell, as dark as night.
State of New Jersey Human Resources Department
General File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hammonton, NJAugust 21, 2013
Filing all day with little or no contact with the rest of the department is not for everyone but I didn't think it was too bad.
I learned the importance of how accurate filing is to the department as well as to the employees of this organization.
Management was very nice and allowed you to do your job.
Pros
co-workers are very pleasant and helpful.
Cons
filing all day can become very boring.
Engaging and Flexible Environment
Current Acro Employee (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIDecember 12, 2012
Ever since Acro started their monthly team meetings the amount employees engage with other departments and their managers has increased. Also, Acro gives the employees great flexibility when it comes to working their schedule. Acro is going through a termendous growth phase and because of this their have been some growing pains, but they are working themselves out.
Pros
flexible, environment, and engaging managers
Cons
growth phase = growing pains, but they are getting better!
Contract with Acro
Contract - Sales and Marketing Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Trugren- Tampa, FLFebruary 9, 2015
Out of state out of mind- poor administrative on set up on new contract- 4 weeks to set up up direct deposit-employees have poor command of English- I was forwarded on job interview without completely understanding job parameters. I had to tell recruiter the job start date.
Pros
did 4 month contract- check didnt bounce
Cons
can't understand most of the employees english
Great employment support.
Bad Debt Pilot Analyst - Consumers Energy (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MIMarch 14, 2015
The temp agency offers great employment environments. The management team is always there for you if you have any questions or concerns. The learning possiblities are endless and offer many growth oppertunities for personal development. The co-works I have worked with are extremely smart and great team workers.
Office Clerical
Office Clerical Temp (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIOctober 9, 2015
On my last assignment it was a wonderful experience! I was introduced to the nuclear industry and enjoyed every learning moment. Temp services enable you to explore options in the business world.
Pros
Ability to explore different industries in business.
Cons
Contracts may be long term or short term, its not a permanent position.
Welcoming Work Environment, Friendly Colleagues, Opportunity for Growth
Recuiting Team Member (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIDecember 10, 2012
Acro provides a comfortable, welcoming work environment and encourages a team culture while recognizing individual contributions toward meeting company goals!
Pros
welcoming work environment, expansive benefit offerings, encourages team building and recognizes and rewards top performers
Cons
currently going through a culture change but making improvements for the better!
Typical Contract house
Assembly technician (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIJanuary 4, 2013
Position was at EATON in Warrendale PA and was only part time work, only worked two days a week despite the fact I was told it was urgent opening and was a full time position.
Pros
no interview
Cons
only lasted four weeks
Worst Contract Company
Harman Contract Employee (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIAugust 29, 2015
I was never given a start date and was unable to sign up for benefits because you could never get in contact with anyone. I do not know how this place has clients.
Great Enviornment to Work in. No advancement opportunity
Human Resources Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MISeptember 22, 2015
I really enjoy my job and the enviornment. I enjoy my coworkers and the people, however there is no room for advancement in this company.
Experiences
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIMarch 26, 2015
From Previous work places, work ethics, timeliness, organization, you work for any company its to achieve the companies goals to make a successful future for all.
Military
Safety Engineer (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAApril 9, 2012
Excellent experience. Provides lots of good benefits. Traveled the world and met many people.
Pros
training and travel
Cons
might have to deploy to war zones
I love it.
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Lagrange, GaJuly 22, 2015
Great company to work for will recommend to others. I enjoy talking to people all over the world. Very nice environment.
OVERWORKED and UNDERPAID
Human Resources Assistant (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MISeptember 15, 2012
Not appreciated at position any longer, owners have lost vision of what actally keeps this business beating.

Comment – December 11, 2012

Don't the owners offer additional skills training at their expense to assist in developing existing skills? I believe that would show they ARE invested in their team members!