Acro Service Corporation Employee Reviews

nice place to work
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Consultant) (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 25, 2016
Acro Service Corp is a wonderful place to work. They always had temporary assignments available. The process of submitting time sheets for payment was very easy to understand.
Fair Job Placement
Sr. Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNNovember 27, 2016
Company excel in placing candidates in companies with global or pending global appeal. Companies are well known without candidates engaging in research.
Work from home flexibility opportunity was the best.
Pros
Placement with companies with attractive work and home life balance
Cons
management style often bias, pretentious or off putting
Contractual positions assigned
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXNovember 26, 2016
The contractual position I was assigned to worked great for my needs. I enjoyed the people and the daily tasks. I contributed to a team in a call center handling patient calls and processing upwards of 1,000 pieces of mail daily; as well as other projects as requested.
They Go Back On Commitments Made in the Interview Process
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 6, 2016
This is an unethical organization. They make commitments to their candidates, we take the job, then, they go back on their word. I have had this happen twice, the last time in a large way that is inexcusable. I was told I would be paid for a holiday if I would have been working it. I was told I would receive a retention bonus of 1/2 that of a full timer. They have screwed me over on both counts. I will do all I can to be sure that people, and organizations know this is not a reputable company.
Know the owner and not good words to say
home owner in co=op she used to manage (Former Employee) –  Prior to her owning AcroAugust 16, 2016
The owner has a horrible reputation by most who know her for any length of time. She is a rip off. This woman wants money long before the closing which is unethical by any standard of doing business. I have witnessed this woman going against the Park attorney and destroying the tape of the board meeting. The woman takes credit for what everyone else does as though she did the work.
I have known this woman since the day I purchased a home in Alligator Park in 1999.
This company is a scam!!
surface technician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 27, 2016
I worked for this company at Bell optical. The lack communication and they are not organized, I worked for this company and they refused to pay me up till now, my assignment ended in June and since then I have sent several emails and calls but they would only promise to pay me and at the end nothing is done. They are shady , cunning and trained con artist. Please avoid them by all means> If you want to do free labor then do not hesitate to accept their offer
Pros
nothng
Cons
They dont pay for labor, not organized, lack of communication
Lacking of integral & accurate communication
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIApril 6, 2016
I worked for them assigned to Consumers Energy. I thought everything was going great never a bad review or feedback on my work. When my assignment ended I was told by the client that the position I was filling was being consolidated with one of their permanent employees. I let Acro know I was available for another assignment opportunity, yet didn't wait on them to call back to get started on other things to keep me going. When I was available again, I contacted them & received several emails from several different recruiters for the same job opportunity back at the same client Consumers Energy. I was all set to be reassigned only to find out that Consumers Energy found my friendly nature disruptive I was not to be placed there. Then Acro tried to tell unemployment that I was fired spite all the current & past emails to me for reassignment. I don't know...
Cons
Communication issues
Terriable management, high turn over rate, total disrequard for hard work
HR Onsite Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MI/Parma Mi location (MACI)January 14, 2016
Terrible management, I can not say that enough at the Parma location but the total company is horrible.
They lie to you straight from the interview. You are salary but you never work less than 50 plus hours a week. It is looked down on if you do not work as many hours as they can give even though you are not paid for them.. You can Never do enough!!!
Worst company I've ever worked for even though I enjoyed the job if you divide your hours by pay you will barely make minimum wage.
Would not recommend, it sounds good at first but don't be fooled. There were 7 turnovers in 3 months need I say more.
Pros
Management ruins any pros
Cons
Long hours unpaid, bad management, very shady people
Management was very helpful in teaching me my job.
Temporary Position for Aon Energy Risk Engineering (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 13, 2016
Office Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TX – January 13, 2016
Pros: Houston, TX
A day at work Risk Assessments, Billed time for employees who traveled and lodging expenses into Deltek system, Entered employee time sheets, Monitored clients concerning AR, accounts payable & receivable, safety training, department fire warden, answered phones.

I learned the Deltek system.

Management: Was easy to work for.

Co-workers: outgoing group of people.

Hardest part of the job. I did not find it hard to work for this company.

The most enjoyable part of the job was all the different task I did.
Temporary assignment, nice employees, stressful high call volume.
customer care representative (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MINovember 21, 2015
I am giving them a 2 overall rating due to committing to me one rate (in writing) during on-board approval, then paying a lower rate. Then telling me the correction increase was "all set" multiple times, when it was not & will not be. Acro blames the client.

It's insulting. Over a very small cents amount, but it is principal. Now assignment may go longer than the 3 months originally discussed.
Acro should have decency to pay difference since they are making money. Acro obviously does not respect or value their temps.

It is a high stress customer service position. Fortunately, the office I am temping at have wonderful employees that are pleasant to work with and great supportive management.

I will not recommend Acro or use them ever again.
I do not like any type of trickiness or dishonesty.

The Acro office I dealt is in Livonia, MI but position is in NJ.
Pros
Supportive management and nice employees. 2 set Breaks if like, long lunch & cleanliness at office I am temping for.
Cons
Very high stress for low pay rate, not enough people for phones.
lost in translation
HSE Engineer (Former Employee) –  Washington/Metro, DCNovember 13, 2015
Well, first if you can get past the language barriers most Acro recruiters have (hindi to english = hinglish?)...... the next phase will most likely be worst for you. Honestly, employee relations can't be as bad at most other hiring agencies, as it is at Acro.

The majority of Acro recruiters negotiating temporary or permanent work assignments for you, are actually incapable of performing the same assignments themselves..... prompting significant communication issues that Acro management appears rather apathetic to resolve. *Acro basically shouldn't be competing for work outside basic admin assignments.

Please seriously consider other hiring agencies prior to working with Acro, as most will have better employee and customer (client) relations. The 4-5 Acro personnel I communicated with or at least tried to; would seriously have difficulty matching the skill-set needed for administrative work; anything more is truly beyond their capabilities. Its not egotism, but a sad, sad fact. Please be advised to look elsewhere.
Pros
Cons
Acro personnel (lack of education), poor communication skills, calling during non-work hours, etc.
Office Clerical
Office Clerical Temp (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIOctober 9, 2015
On my last assignment it was a wonderful experience! I was introduced to the nuclear industry and enjoyed every learning moment. Temp services enable you to explore options in the business world.
Pros
Ability to explore different industries in business.
Cons
Contracts may be long term or short term, its not a permanent position.
Great Enviornment to Work in. No advancement opportunity
Human Resources Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MISeptember 22, 2015
I really enjoy my job and the enviornment. I enjoy my coworkers and the people, however there is no room for advancement in this company.
Terrible
On-site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  2400 N. Dearikng Rd.September 9, 2015
Worst place I've ever been employed by. They treat their employees like slaves. Constantly changing, with no intent on establishing a core foundation
Pros
Meeting diverse people
Worst Contract Company
Harman Contract Employee (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIAugust 29, 2015
I was never given a start date and was unable to sign up for benefits because you could never get in contact with anyone. I do not know how this place has clients.
I love it.
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Lagrange, GaJuly 22, 2015
Great company to work for will recommend to others. I enjoy talking to people all over the world. Very nice environment.
Experiences
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIMarch 26, 2015
From Previous work places, work ethics, timeliness, organization, you work for any company its to achieve the companies goals to make a successful future for all.
Great employment support.
Bad Debt Pilot Analyst - Consumers Energy (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MIMarch 14, 2015
The temp agency offers great employment environments. The management team is always there for you if you have any questions or concerns. The learning possiblities are endless and offer many growth oppertunities for personal development. The co-works I have worked with are extremely smart and great team workers.
Contract with Acro
Contract - Sales and Marketing Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Trugren- Tampa, FLFebruary 9, 2015
Out of state out of mind- poor administrative on set up on new contract- 4 weeks to set up up direct deposit-employees have poor command of English- I was forwarded on job interview without completely understanding job parameters. I had to tell recruiter the job start date.
Pros
did 4 month contract- check didnt bounce
Cons
can't understand most of the employees English
Overall good company to start a career with
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MINovember 10, 2014
Great company, team work orientated, good atmosphere and people to work with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Acro Service Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9