ACT-IT Consulting

ACT-IT Consulting Employee Reviews

A great place to work
Senior Executive Assistant/Office Manager (Former Employee), Southington, CTDecember 29, 2014
An amazing company with great co-workers and a very enjoyable atmosphere.
ACT Consulting is a leader in the staffing industry providing candidates on a national basis for contract, contract to hire, and direct hire engagements while maintaining the highest regard for people, integrity, and customer satisfaction.
Enjoyed working with persons with psychiatric disabilities.
Clinical Specialist III (Former Employee), Daytona Beach, FLDecember 2, 2013
Great company for meeting the needs of the psychiatically disabled in the community. In 1999 when I left to move to North Carolina ACT was a top notch Community Mental Health Center. I was able to move up in the company and given the opportunity to work in many interesting postions.
This was a very tricky job with them.
System Administrator (Former Employee), Rockford, ILSeptember 12, 2013
I had to back up all computers every night, I added new updated to the system.
Tech company always upgrading
IT Team Lead/Manager (Current Employee), Denver, COSeptember 9, 2013
Pros: free donuts and bagel on mondays.
Cons: lots of work to do.
ACT is always looking for the next piece of Tech that will improve it's place in the market. Good chance to get hands on experience.
Financial Issues
Family Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee), Wilmington, NCJuly 28, 2013
Pros: nothing
Cons: no paycheck
Research this company and Google them prior to accepting an offer. Employees have not been paid in over 2 months. Contact the NC Labor Board and read the Google reviews.
productive
Authorizations Analysis Clerk (Current Employee), Wilmington, NCApril 25, 2013
• CONTACT INSURANCE COMPANIES FOR AUTHORIZATION OF SERVICES.
• PREPARE, SEND AND TRACK SUBMISSION OF NECESSARY DOCUMENTATION TO INSURANCE COMPANIES FOR APPEALS, RECONSIDERATIONS TO INSURANCES FOR PAYMENT ON DENIED CLAIMS DUE TO LACK OF AUTHORIZATIONS.
• ENTER AUTHORIZATION INFORMATION INTO NEXTGEN.
• MAINTAIN LIST OF RECEIVED AUTHORIZATIONS AND EXPIRATION OF SUCH.
• NOTIFY CLINICIANS IN A TIMELY MANNER WHEN AUTHORIZATION IS NEARING EXPIRATION AND REQUEST REQUIRED PAPERWORK FOR REAUTHORIZATION.
• TRACK NOTIFICATION TO CLINICIAN AND FOLLOW UP TO ENSURE REQUIRED PAPERWORK IS RECEIVED. NOTIFY SUPERVISOR IF CLINICIAN FAILS TO PROVIDE REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION BY DATE NEEDED.
Hosting Conference calls via the phone
Senior Conference Specialist (Former Employee), Lakewood, coNovember 14, 2012
Clocking in and out for lunch and breaks. Communicating 24/7 via phone to customers, Handling customer issues, Working on excel spreadsheet for project assigned from operations experts. Placing audio conference, and hosting conferences. Must have great time management and be able to multitask.
Okay job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), San Luis, AZAugust 14, 2012
Pros: great biginners job. awesome for expanding service skills
Its like any other call center, You can make money off of u get great customer services skills and learn how to handel customers.
Peace work
Assembly line worker (Former Employee), Daytona Beach, FLAugust 8, 2012
Pros: easy work
Cons: harassment, low wage, poor management
I worked for a company through the ACT organization in Daytona Beach in order to supplement my income. While I worked there, I was part of an assembly line that assembled medical supplies. There was no real supervisory participation, we were left in a room to do our work. A few of my co-workers would consistently harass me, but I was told to just ignore them. The best part of the job was that it was easy.
Proficient respectable workplace
Customer service/ Sales agent (Former Employee), San Luis, AZJuly 17, 2012
Pros: lunches, pay, co-workers
Cons: benefits
On a typical day at work, i would handle billling, process orders and payments. I handle customers resquest ensuring that they were satisfied with the results. I learned that not every customer is the same. Every call is different and unpredictable. I also learn that if I did my job correctly, professionally and with integrity that the customer was more willing to listen. The management was very outstanding. They could of helped the agents more, but other than that they were great. My co-workers were proficient and very optimistic. My co-workers treated eachother with great respect. The hardest part of the job was getting the customer to listen and to calm down their anger. I really did enjoy working here because I was in a very good environment. There was respect and i got along well with others. I was also satisfied to know that the customers were very happy with the results of my service.
fire for no reason
Collections Agent (Former Employee), Johnson City, TNJuly 3, 2012
worst place to work for never knowing if you will have a job the next day
The most negative work experience I've ever had.
Senior Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Iowa City, IAJune 29, 2012
Pros: nice campus. decent cafeteria. clean place.
Cons: rigid hr policies, combative management, lack of cooperation across teams or depts. powerless employees.
I find my work challenging, but while critically necessary, is not supported by other staff or by other depts. I work unassisted and my project is poorly understood by all but two or three staff, including myself. My coworkers are great people, but powerless. Management is unsupportive, uncooperative and weak on communication. HR is of little help and is extremely rigid. The new CEO has done little to improve in any of these areas.
Very compulsive about customer service.
Customer Service (Former Employee), Johnson City, TNJune 21, 2012
Pros: get enviroment to work in.
Cons: very expensive health insurance payments.
Receiving phone calls from customers whom needed assistance with their debit card. Helping them deal with issues such as where there money is, when was it deposited into their accounts, etc. The most important thing I can say I honestly learned about this company was how to help a customer no matter how irate they are. Managemetn was amazing very supportive. Always when I felt down they would help pick me up and dust me off. The people I worked with over all, was amazing people to work with. I felt like I had a family away from a family. Hardest part of the job was handling customers whom were struggling and had no money in their account and would start to cry on the phone. I enjoyed working with people of all cultures and from different parts of the United States. It was different but very enjoyable.
Job Applications
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Johnson City, TNMay 12, 2012
Pros: 1 hour for lunch each day except for mondays.
Cons: short breaks, no bathroom breaks, supervisors are always yelling about something.
When I went in for the job interview at ACT I was lied to in almost every way possible. I was told that this was a no sales job and it was. I was told that there was no mandatory overtime and there was. I was also told that they would work around my school schedule and they would not.
Great Experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Harlingen, TXMay 1, 2012
Pros: great supervisors and great ambiance
Cons: restrictions on lunches & cellfones
enjoyed working in the Prepaid Dept. and the supervisors were great in teaching us more skills
Things I enjoyed about my job at NorthBound I75 rest area Gainesville fl.
Park Attendant (Former Employee), I75 rest area Gainesville floridaApril 23, 2012
Pros: spending time out doors
Cons: no benafits
Working with the public
Restroom cleaning
Working with all cleaning machines
Helping the disabile
The kind of job that sound fancier than it really is
IT Analyst (Former Employee), PRMarch 26, 2012
Pros: in house cafeteria with gourmet food
Cons: no healthcare coverage
Deliver workstations that have been scheduled for software upgrade. Test hardware for any unserviceable parts. Provide guidance (Customer Service) to clients encountering difficulty adapting to the new User Interface. Pick up the workstations that will be re-imaged overnight from customers. An enjoyable work environment and colleagues wonderful facilities. A good place to be employed.
Loved working here
Specialist 1 (Former Employee), Albany, NYMarch 19, 2012
Pros: holiday pay
Cons: blue cross blue shield expensive
Great place to work good benefits. I worked here for four years. I would still be there except company moved out of NY State.

ACT-IT Consulting Salaries