ACT 1 Employee Reviews

If you need a job
Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CANovember 2, 2017
they are pretty good at helping people find a job, just don't have any emergency situations because they will not work with you. Other than that they are pretty loyal as long as you're a good worker.
Working with helpful people
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 10, 2017
Growing up from outside the country, I had the struggle of finding the right job that fits well with my educational background and career goals. Just days after signing with ACT-1, I found myself already working. This lasted til I found a more permanent job outside the agency.

Kuddos to ACT-1 for having such great company culture and willing-to-help advisors. Plus points also goes to APPLEONE for bridging connections with ACT-1.

Tip for job seekers: Strive high, be kind, and stay professional. Treat work as GIVING SERVICE to others. You shall then be compensated.
Pros
Immediate, fast temp jobs
Cons
"okay" pay, long distance commute/travel (10mi+)
Fun and easy going place to work for
Billing Clerk / Data Entry Operator (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CASeptember 6, 2017
Through ACT-1, I was working at C&J Energy Services. I loved the hospitality that the employees gave you there, they didn't treat me like I was just a temp. I loved working with everyone and learning many knew things. Throughout my 8 month stay there, I learned the program SAP, in which we entered time into the payroll system and also utilized the program for billing purposes.
My favorite part of the job was just staying busy, learning knew things and always helping out in other areas as time permitted.
The hardest part of the job was listening to others complain about their job duties.
Management could have done a little better job at handling complaints of employees when issues arose.
Non applicable
Executive Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAAugust 22, 2017
I enjoyed my employment with Act-1 would recommend the company for either permanent or temporary employment opportunities.

Act-1 offered training and growth opportunity for its employees.
Great Agency
Claims Adjuster III (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAAugust 18, 2017
They were very easy to work with and I wouldn't hesitate to work with them again. They were always very professional and understanding when I had some personal health issues arise. This is quite unusual for temporary agency. All in all my experience with them was great.
Pros
Easy to work with and submit time cards
Review of Act-1
Sr Client Relationship Administrator (Former Employee) –  atlantaAugust 9, 2017
at one point it was a good company to work for with lots of opportunity but things changed over the years. Let employee focus. The hardest part of the job was the click and non-inclusive environment in the latter part of my stay with company.
positve and fun
File clerk and Hanna & Brophy (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJuly 27, 2017
I enjoyed my time there my supervisor was great and flexible with my school schedule. i was offered bonuses and time off. they let me make my own schedule.
Pros
flexible
Cons
no room to move up
Act one was a temporary agency I utilized to help me find work when need
Rebate Processor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 18, 2017
Act One is a temporary Agency which gives people an opportunity to work temporarily at different job sites. During the time I utilized this agency I was able to gain job experience.
Fun for my real job at Blue Cross
Data Entry Operator (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CA 91367June 23, 2017
I worked very hard for this company and I did not get the respect I thought I should get. But that was too much too ask for from a temporary agency. ....
Very stressful job without good training
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 16, 2017
This job has great potential, but they don't provide the resources for you to become successful. Although they have a training program, it's not helpful when you have to hit your performance metrics.
Rewards for hard work
Sr. National Accts Manager/Asst. Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAJune 8, 2017
If you put yourself into your job at Act-1, there are many rewards. Monetary, recognition and even travel.

Youth oriented environment, high energy, fun and goal oriented.

Hours can be long, and unexpected over-time. This is nature of staffing.
Pros
rewarding for a people person
Cons
management could improve
Solid temporary agency
Data Entry Operator II (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 5, 2017
Get a lot of employment opportunities, wide variety of jobs throughout the Los Angeles area. Easy to work with and personable. Decent paying opportunities.
Great Company
Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAJune 2, 2017
This is a great company to work for, but there is little chance for career advancement. I liked the work that they provide very much, but I would like it more if they provided me with more tasks and responsibilities.
Great second family
OFFICE COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAMay 27, 2017
While at Act-1, we were a tight group that cared for one another. We definitely enjoyed working together. Family time was a must. No weekends to work.
Pros
Always out on time; no weekends
Cons
pay
Great team
Business Development and Recruiting (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 7, 2017
Overall, it's a decent agency to work inside. Coworkers are fun and environment is team oriented. Company provides training. Salary is competitive for an agency.
Well managed, growing organization.
Corporate (Former Employee) –  RemoteApril 12, 2017
Growth will definitely be affecting change in the company, most likely towards the negative.
Most people work remotely which makes middle management a challenge.
review
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 3, 2017
I absolutely loved working for ACT 1. The organization was very professional and had great jobs. The team members were great and were very professional
Very productive
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Douglas, AZDecember 11, 2016
Working in act has help develop my customer skills and be better at using a computer. The environment was great. There we're a lot of rewards to employes who would do sales. It is very smart of this company to do becuase I would go to work motivated everyday, more then I would usually. It was a good experience.
Pros
Long lunches and good enviroment
Cons
Short breaks
Contract job to AT&T
Account Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CADecember 11, 2016
Answered Customer calls and provide quotes and order direct from customers and Account Manager with the company. Family environment with all co warkers. Loved the work and the team.
Act 1 was a great place for me to grow.
data entry (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 5, 2016
I started Act 1 with barely any working experience. I knew I didn't want to be a server and I didn't want to work in a store but I didn't know what job I could be hired for without having a college degree. I applied for a data entry position and was called within a few hours for an interview. I did the basic office skills of answering phones, data entry, filing, making copies, helping with mailing payroll, etc. I really began to learn what it was to be a professional and I learned how to interview a little better. The worst part of being a temporary was not knowing if I was going to have a job the next morning. My favorite assignment was doing marble and granite sales because home renovations are something I really enjoy doing.
Pros
Gaining experience
Cons
The insecurity of jobs