ACT 1 Employee Reviews

Very productive
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Douglas, AZDecember 11, 2016
Working in act has help develop my customer skills and be better at using a computer. The environment was great. There we're a lot of rewards to employes who would do sales. It is very smart of this company to do becuase I would go to work motivated everyday, more then I would usually. It was a good experience.
Pros
Long lunches and good enviroment
Cons
Short breaks
Contract job to AT&T
Account Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CADecember 11, 2016
Answered Customer calls and provide quotes and order direct from customers and Account Manager with the company. Family environment with all co warkers. Loved the work and the team.
Act 1 was a great place for me to grow.
data entry (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 5, 2016
I started Act 1 with barely any working experience. I knew I didn't want to be a server and I didn't want to work in a store but I didn't know what job I could be hired for without having a college degree. I applied for a data entry position and was called within a few hours for an interview. I did the basic office skills of answering phones, data entry, filing, making copies, helping with mailing payroll, etc. I really began to learn what it was to be a professional and I learned how to interview a little better. The worst part of being a temporary was not knowing if I was going to have a job the next morning. My favorite assignment was doing marble and granite sales because home renovations are something I really enjoy doing.
Pros
Gaining experience
Cons
The insecurity of jobs
Great team, great people
Event Staff Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CASeptember 9, 2016
Management has very close connections to the entertainment industry. Great people and hardworking teams. Learned a lot about customer service and how to use Square.
Didnt even bother getting started
New (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 19, 2016
I just called because I was interested in the service. The lady that answered cut me off as I started to ask about the service to give me unfriendly directions about the website and starting up. I interrupted to say that the location closest to me wasn't on the list and she gave me a lot of attitude to say the clostest one to me is several miles away. I pass by the building close by to me all the time. .. I could have dealt with needing to go elsewhere if that's the case, but her attitude was awful. I'm already having a hard time finding work, I don't need to be made to feel any worse from a service.
Pros
Didn't get far enough to find pros
Cons
Incredibly unfriendly
Temp agency - assignment
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJuly 7, 2016
I made myself available for all aspects of employment. I was willing to take daily assignment at various locations to get my foot in the door and stay active. I worked one day assignment as well as 3 day to 3 month assignments. I would be ready in a 30 minute window of receiving a call for an assignment that day.
Pros
If you do a great job - you will be called back again and again.
Cons
While on one assignment - may lose out an assignment you would have like more
6 person office it was interesting to work for the temp co i was assigned to.
Data Entry Operator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 10, 2016
I entered personal model information into database. I worked for an adult magazine so there was a lot of nudity to view which wasn't too comfortable, but it was a fun place to work.
A great experience with great people
Receptionist / File Room Clerk Contractor (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJune 6, 2016
I enjoyed being a contractor with this agency. They gave me several options for assignments that helped me figure out where and who I wanted to work for. This is a great start for someone who does not know where he/she may want to start in their career. Every assignment is an adventure, you just never know what skills you will pick up for the next assignment. I have met some great people along the way that truly cared about my success on the job. The most challenging part is adapting to the different personalities that come with each assignment. Once you jump that hurdle, you are set to enjoy and learn new skills. I would highly recommend anyone to give the agency a chance to figure out what is best for you career wise.
Pros
Various assignments, flexible work schedule, amazing staff
Cons
Short term, long term assignments
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 25, 2016
Excellent staffing agency to work for, they are very prompt in answering calls or emails. The job site they assigned me to was the Muscular Dystrophy Association making cold calls, calling customers in hopes to receive donations for people that have this disease. My co workers are great people very encouraging and showing me the donation process. The hardest part of my position was obtaining donations for the association. The best part of this job is the reason for this position, To obtain donations for this company.
Pros
prizes for highest donation
Cons
n/a
Productive and good team to work
QC Technical-Chemist (Former Employee) –  Manatí Municipio, PRMarch 31, 2016
Its a place with much work and a big team to work. In that place we learned to work alone and as a team. We try to work like a family because work in a peaceful place its important to be efficient.
Pros
Good team to work
Cons
Times a bit uncomfortable
Office Environment
Office Clerk / Payroll Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJanuary 28, 2016
I learned a lot in a little bit of time. I had a interview started the very next day then I was laid off with no warning. I had done payroll in the past but never for field work. It was a new adventure for sure. I got along with my co worker very well. I miss her so much. I learned to do one thing at a time and to always ask questions. I would say the hardest part of the job was just being kind thrown into it. I really never had proper training. It was more like do this and that's it. The best part was when we would go in early and get a head start on our day. We always got so much done those days.
Pros
Monday- Friday 8-5
Cons
sometimes there was no time for a break
Great place to work and great people to work with.
Data Entry Operator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 21, 2015
Good group of folks to work with. They treated me with respect and did not treat me like I was just another temp. Loved working here and loved working with the folks I worked with.
Pros
Good experience and good Managerment
Cons
It was a temperary assigment.
agency work
Lockbox Account Processor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 7, 2015
working for an agency is great. you go on different assignments and work with a variety of people all the time. the best thing is that you get paid every week.
No career advancement
Temp Worker (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 3, 2015
The jobs I have been given through Act-1 have for the most part lasted one to two days co-ordinating live-gaming events and non-profit fundraisers. Though I am grateful for these assignments and have learned much from them, I would prefer a more steady form of employment when I feel my skills will be best utilized.
Variety of work
Office Assistant II/ Translator (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 26, 2015
Worked for various county entities. Enjoyed the variety and the managerial staff very much. Always had job available.
Pros
weekly pay checks
Cons
temp
Productive place to work
Hiring Advisor (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VASeptember 23, 2015
Great company with great people. Very productive work atmosphere. Management cares about their employees and the pay is good.
good work place and good co-workers
Warehouse Laborer (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAAugust 5, 2015
a typical at work would be me getting orders ready for shipping and also packing merchandise for next day pick ups for fed-ex and u.p.s.
Pros
good lunch time breaks
Cons
healthcare options
great work adventure
Temp (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 20, 2015
great work adventure.learned switch board techniques at a high pace i enjoyed being able to help and direct others in a timely matter
Temp Service
Temporary Employee (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 16, 2015
Its a decent company. You have to be pushy to them sometimes to get things done the correct way but other then that a great company with great people.
Professional, courteous, friendly atmosphere
Act-1 Personnel Services (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJuly 13, 2015
From the time you walk through the door until the time the recruiters find you a position the staff is always so positive and encouraging. The staff is very supportive. They believe in your abilities and work hard to place you with employers. The staff genuinely cares about you.
Pros
They will send you out on interviews you may not get on your own
Cons
No cons - Great company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ACT 1. Our community is ready to answer.