ACT 1

ACT 1 United States Employee Reviews

productive place to work
Laborer (Former Employee), Mount Sterling, OHApril 6, 2015
Cons: factory setting
I worked on an assembly line for car parts
I learned how to work as a team
management was not the best
co-workers were just that
hardest part was just working in a factory,not my thing
Temp agencies truly know how to match make
Executive Assistant (Temp) (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAFebruary 18, 2015
Impressed with the matching my skills with the right client. I've enjoyed my learning experience while assigned at a top-notch Entertainment company.
2 years
Recruiter (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAJanuary 28, 2015
Recruiter for large companies in the Bakersfield area. Responsible for completing new hire paperwork, reference checks, scheduling interviews with clients and overseeing timecards.
Fun Workplace
Temp Employee for CSV as an ACCT-Cashier (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: place you in a job quickly.
Fast and friendly service. Staff always greets you with a smile. They are very organized. Staff members know their job positions perfectly well. They provide fast service.
Fast pace deligent Dr. office that went over and beyond to meet customer satisfaction.
Medical Administrative (Former Employee), Detroit, MIJanuary 13, 2015
Responsible for transporting DTE contractors to the parking garage.
Assigned to LA Care Health Plan
IT Project Manager (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 7, 2015
Assigned to LA Care Health Plan as Sr. Project Manager responsible for the new Health Insurance Covered CA, Medical, Healthy Kids, PASC, CMC.
Persistence
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Bakersfield, CAJanuary 3, 2015
I appreciate the temp assignments provided by the staff at Act-1.
Temporary
Front Office Receptionist/Billing (Former Employee), Detroit, MI / Clinton Township, MIDecember 8, 2014
Temporary position. Was a position filled to help around the office for possible hire. Help when needed.
Recruiters would drop you with one complaint and without warning.
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee), Newbury Park, CASeptember 4, 2014
Pros: good companies
Cons: low ball you with pay, and disrespect you as a person.
I would go into my assignment with joy and anticipation of doing my best to fulfill client needs. One mistake, like asking a question twice but different times of the day and my assignment ended. And, recruiters would bounce you to another office in some far off city.
Typical Employment
Legal Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAJuly 9, 2014
The place I was assigned to was great. I loved my boss and the clients. I learned about a new law as well. I think the thing that I do not like the most about Employment Solutions or Temp Services, is you cannot miss a day or your job is in jeopardy. I was very ill and missing days due to a pregnancy and I had the okay to come back from the Boss I worked for, but Act-1 said I could not go back. I think it should be a little more understanding when it comes to certain things like that, but I am not really sure how this really works. I know I will not get a call from them to start work again because I am pregnant.
inconsistent
Office Clerk (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAApril 9, 2014
there were constant changes not enough resources and training.
Temporary Office Assistant
Temporary Office Assistant (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: various skills learned, flexability
Cons: temporary positions
Salon receptionist, invoicing, call centers, front desk, greeter, cashier, stock, inventory, and file clerk
All Talk No Action
Applicant (Former Employee), Downtown Los Angeles, CADecember 30, 2013
Pros: friendly talkers
Cons: talk gets old
So many times over the years, they post positions that suit me. Every time, I need to remind them at the downtown Los Angeles office of my interest and qualifications, even though I already check in with the same people that posted those jobs, regularly. Highly doubt their integrity.
Very busy environment
Office Coordinator (Former Employee), Stockton, CAOctober 23, 2013
Pros: great experience
Cons: no cons
Great opportunity to learn new things about the staffing culture. I enjoyed all aspects of my job. I processed payroll for all employees out on job assignments, maintained employee files with confidentiality, administered testing for job placement, answered all incoming calls, and provided great customer service to both internal and external employees.
Tempory Employment Agency
Inventory Specialist (Current Employee), Bakersfield, CASeptember 18, 2013
Pros: average pay
Cons: lacking full time work opportunities.
Great place to find work on occasion, but unrealistic for full time job seekers.
Pretty much the most worthless temp agency ever.
Office administration (Former Employee), FresnoAugust 10, 2013
Pros: friendly staff
Cons: fake job postings, inaccurate salary/hours.
Well what can I say that is positive about ACT 1? The staff is friendly, however friendly doesn't pay the bills or help you get a job. I have attempted to have Act 1 assist me twice over the last 3 years and both times I was disappointed. The last time I noticed a job and I should have given up when I saw that their job postings were vague regarding possible salary "Up to $35,000, full time, etc." When I called regarding the job they said it was part time, $8.00 a hour, very different.
Did I mention that I had to do all of the work regarding this job? I had to track down the potential employer for a pre screening phone interview and then call Act 1 back to set up the face to face interview? Unfortunately they dropped the ball and never contacted the potential employer.
I found Act 1 to be a waste of time. A temp agency is useless if they are not able to even attempt to find you a job.
got me a job quickly...I totally recommend ACT1
admin assistant (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAApril 13, 2013
Pros: friendly!
Cons: cons!? none
I did an online application on Wednesday....I had an interview with ACT1 by Thursday...they found me a company to interview with by Friday...& by Monday I was working!
(temp to hire)
Professional
Customer Service / Patient Interviewer (Former Employee), Detroit, MIMarch 25, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: no healthcare.
Teamwork was a very big part of this company along with being fair.
Bad Experience
none (Former Employee), SoCalMarch 20, 2013
Cons: many
As usual, another recruiting company that tells you had great you are and as soon as you're off the phone, you never hear from them again and they get offended when you have the nerve to ask why they haven't returned your calls?

Sound familiar? Most agencies are full of the same people that don't have any idea of how to promote their candidates. Like a cattle call, their mission is to amass huge numbers of resumes instead of focusing in on an individuals talents and why they may be a good fit.

AVOID THESE COMPANIES AT ALL COSTS!!!
Reliable
Sales, Data Entry, Outbound and Inbound Calling (Former Employee), Simi Valley, CAOctober 12, 2012
Pros: immediate placement for work
Cons: assignments are not lengthy
The personnel in Act 1 are very friendly and are willing to help out when trying to place a potential associate with a client. The atmosphere is inviting and welcoming with a high consistency of professionalism.