ACT 1 Employee Reviews

Pretty much the most worthless temp agency ever.
Office administration (Former Employee) –  FresnoAugust 10, 2013
Well what can I say that is positive about ACT 1? The staff is friendly, however friendly doesn't pay the bills or help you get a job. I have attempted to have Act 1 assist me twice over the last 3 years and both times I was disappointed. The last time I noticed a job and I should have given up when I saw that their job postings were vague regarding possible salary "Up to $35,000, full time, etc." When I called regarding the job they said it was part time, $8.00 a hour, very different.
Did I mention that I had to do all of the work regarding this job? I had to track down the potential employer for a pre screening phone interview and then call Act 1 back to set up the face to face interview? Unfortunately they dropped the ball and never contacted the potential employer.
I found Act 1 to be a waste of time. A temp agency is useless if they are not able to even attempt to find you a job.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
fake job postings, inaccurate salary/hours.
Typical Employment
Legal Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJuly 9, 2014
The place I was assigned to was great. I loved my boss and the clients. I learned about a new law as well. I think the thing that I do not like the most about Employment Solutions or Temp Services, is you cannot miss a day or your job is in jeopardy. I was very ill and missing days due to a pregnancy and I had the okay to come back from the Boss I worked for, but Act-1 said I could not go back. I think it should be a little more understanding when it comes to certain things like that, but I am not really sure how this really works. I know I will not get a call from them to start work again because I am pregnant.
Bad Experience
none (Former Employee) –  SoCalMarch 20, 2013
As usual, another recruiting company that tells you had great you are and as soon as you're off the phone, you never hear from them again and they get offended when you have the nerve to ask why they haven't returned your calls?

Sound familiar? Most agencies are full of the same people that don't have any idea of how to promote their candidates. Like a cattle call, their mission is to amass huge numbers of resumes instead of focusing in on an individuals talents and why they may be a good fit.

AVOID THESE COMPANIES AT ALL COSTS!!!
Cons
many
Good company to grow and expand knowledge in dealing with numbers, people and self esteem.
Vendor Maintenance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CASeptember 24, 2012
Balanced work load, time, training and communications. Learned a lot especially in the excel operation and customer service. Most co-workers had been with company for many years, because the company compensates good hard work.
Pros
work at your own pace as long as goal is delivered.
Cons
downsized due to a weak economic pressures
Very busy environment
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAOctober 23, 2013
Great opportunity to learn new things about the staffing culture. I enjoyed all aspects of my job. I processed payroll for all employees out on job assignments, maintained employee files with confidentiality, administered testing for job placement, answered all incoming calls, and provided great customer service to both internal and external employees.
Pros
great experience
Cons
no cons
Recruiters would drop you with one complaint and without warning.
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Newbury Park, CASeptember 4, 2014
I would go into my assignment with joy and anticipation of doing my best to fulfill client needs. One mistake, like asking a question twice but different times of the day and my assignment ended. And, recruiters would bounce you to another office in some far off city.
Pros
good companies
Cons
low ball you with pay, and disrespect you as a person.
They dont call EVER
dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Los AngelesJune 5, 2012
This place is a joke, I spent an hour and half at there downtown office doing tests and a small interview and they dont bother calling me or anything. I thought it was there job to send you to possible interviews my qualification are not weak at all but never got called. Plus I see job descriptions that fit me on job sites by ACT 1 and nothing place sucks
Cons
they dont call you for open positions
No career advancement
Temp Worker (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 3, 2015
The jobs I have been given through Act-1 have for the most part lasted one to two days co-ordinating live-gaming events and non-profit fundraisers. Though I am grateful for these assignments and have learned much from them, I would prefer a more steady form of employment when I feel my skills will be best utilized.
All Talk No Action
Applicant (Former Employee) –  Downtown Los Angeles, CADecember 30, 2013
So many times over the years, they post positions that suit me. Every time, I need to remind them at the downtown Los Angeles office of my interest and qualifications, even though I already check in with the same people that posted those jobs, regularly. Highly doubt their integrity.
Pros
friendly talkers
Cons
talk gets old
Reliable
Sales, Data Entry, Outbound and Inbound Calling (Former Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAOctober 12, 2012
The personnel in Act 1 are very friendly and are willing to help out when trying to place a potential associate with a client. The atmosphere is inviting and welcoming with a high consistency of professionalism.
Pros
immediate placement for work
Cons
assignments are not lengthy
Fun place to work in the Washington DC area
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 1, 2012
Managing Northern Virginia, Maryland and Washington, DC customers requiring employees.

Traveling the different states and visiting different companies was fun and rewarding.

Temps showing up for assignments.
Pros
meeting different companies
Cons
no breaks and gas mileage

Comment – August 18, 2012

Field to embargo or repossission

Great place to work and great people to work with.
Data Entry Operator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 21, 2015
Good group of folks to work with. They treated me with respect and did not treat me like I was just another temp. Loved working here and loved working with the folks I worked with.
Pros
Good experience and good Managerment
Cons
It was a temperary assigment.
Great work environment
Staffing Manager (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 27, 2012
Interviewed, screened, placed employees with clients who had job vacancies. Conducted background check/employment verification's, conduct data base search to make a great employee/employer match.
Pros
fast paced, job satisfication
Cons
compensation
Fun Workplace
Temp Employee for CSV as an ACCT-Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJanuary 24, 2015
Fast and friendly service. Staff always greets you with a smile. They are very organized. Staff members know their job positions perfectly well. They provide fast service.
Pros
place you in a job quickly.
got me a job quickly...I totally recommend ACT1
admin assistant (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAApril 13, 2013
I did an online application on Wednesday....I had an interview with ACT1 by Thursday...they found me a company to interview with by Friday...& by Monday I was working!
(temp to hire)
Pros
friendly!
Cons
cons!? none
Qualifications are
Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CASeptember 23, 2012
Off, this place will not take you if you do not have 2+ year of experience. How are people who just finished school suppose to get a job? I can't intern for 2 years and not get paid. It's a joke.
Cons
qualifications are ridiculous
good work place and good co-workers
Warehouse Laborer (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAAugust 5, 2015
a typical at work would be me getting orders ready for shipping and also packing merchandise for next day pick ups for fed-ex and u.p.s.
Pros
good lunch time breaks
Cons
healthcare options
productive place to work
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Mount Sterling, OHApril 6, 2015
I worked on an assembly line for car parts
I learned how to work as a team
management was not the best
co-workers were just that
hardest part was just working in a factory,not my thing
Cons
factory setting
Temporary Office Assistant
Temporary Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJanuary 21, 2014
Salon receptionist, invoicing, call centers, front desk, greeter, cashier, stock, inventory, and file clerk
Pros
various skills learned, flexability
Cons
temporary positions
Temp agencies truly know how to match make
Executive Assistant (Temp) (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 18, 2015
Impressed with the matching my skills with the right client. I've enjoyed my learning experience while assigned at a top-notch Entertainment company.