ACT 1

ACT 1 Employer Reviews

inconsistent
Office Clerk (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAApril 9, 2014
there were constant changes not enough resources and training.
Temporary Office Assistant
Temporary Office Assistant (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: various skills learned, flexability
Cons: temporary positions
Salon receptionist, invoicing, call centers, front desk, greeter, cashier, stock, inventory, and file clerk
All Talk No Action
Applicant (Former Employee), Downtown Los Angeles, CADecember 30, 2013
Pros: friendly talkers
Cons: talk gets old
So many times over the years, they post positions that suit me. Every time, I need to remind them at the downtown Los Angeles office of my interest and qualifications, even though I already check in with the same people that posted those jobs, regularly. Highly doubt their integrity.
Very busy environment
Office Coordinator (Former Employee), Stockton, CAOctober 23, 2013
Pros: great experience
Cons: no cons
Great opportunity to learn new things about the staffing culture. I enjoyed all aspects of my job. I processed payroll for all employees out on job assignments, maintained employee files with confidentiality, administered testing for job placement, answered all incoming calls, and provided great customer service to both internal and external employees.
Tempory Employment Agency
Inventory Specialist (Current Employee), Bakersfield, CASeptember 18, 2013
Pros: average pay
Cons: lacking full time work opportunities.
Great place to find work on occasion, but unrealistic for full time job seekers.
Pretty much the most worthless temp agency ever.
Office administration (Former Employee), FresnoAugust 10, 2013
Pros: friendly staff
Cons: fake job postings, inaccurate salary/hours.
Well what can I say that is positive about ACT 1? The staff is friendly, however friendly doesn't pay the bills or help you get a job. I have attempted to have Act 1 assist me twice over the last 3 years and both times I was disappointed. The last time I noticed a job and I should have given up when I saw that their job postings were vague regarding – more... possible salary "Up to $35,000, full time, etc." When I called regarding the job they said it was part time, $8.00 a hour, very different.
Did I mention that I had to do all of the work regarding this job? I had to track down the potential employer for a pre screening phone interview and then call Act 1 back to set up the face to face interview? Unfortunately they dropped the ball and never contacted the potential employer.
I found Act 1 to be a waste of time. A temp agency is useless if they are not able to even attempt to find you a job. – less
got me a job quickly...I totally recommend ACT1
admin assistant (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAApril 13, 2013
Pros: friendly!
Cons: cons!? none
I did an online application on Wednesday....I had an interview with ACT1 by Thursday...they found me a company to interview with by Friday...& by Monday I was working!
(temp to hire)
Professional
Customer Service / Patient Interviewer (Former Employee), Detroit, MIMarch 25, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: no healthcare.
Teamwork was a very big part of this company along with being fair.
Bad Experience
none (Former Employee), SoCalMarch 20, 2013
Cons: many
As usual, another recruiting company that tells you had great you are and as soon as you're off the phone, you never hear from them again and they get offended when you have the nerve to ask why they haven't returned your calls?

Sound familiar? Most agencies are full of the same people that don't have any idea of how to promote their candidates. Like – more... a cattle call, their mission is to amass huge numbers of resumes instead of focusing in on an individuals talents and why they may be a good fit.

AVOID THESE COMPANIES AT ALL COSTS!!! – less
Reliable
Sales, Data Entry, Outbound and Inbound Calling (Former Employee), Simi Valley, CAOctober 12, 2012
Pros: immediate placement for work
Cons: assignments are not lengthy
The personnel in Act 1 are very friendly and are willing to help out when trying to place a potential associate with a client. The atmosphere is inviting and welcoming with a high consistency of professionalism.
Great work environment
Staffing Manager (Former Employee), Sacramento, CASeptember 27, 2012
Pros: fast paced, job satisfication
Cons: compensation
Interviewed, screened, placed employees with clients who had job vacancies. Conducted background check/employment verification's, conduct data base search to make a great employee/employer match.
Good company to grow and expand knowledge in dealing with numbers, people and self esteem.
Vendor Maintenance Specialist (Former Employee), Torrance, CASeptember 24, 2012
Pros: work at your own pace as long as goal is delivered.
Cons: downsized due to a weak economic pressures
Balanced work load, time, training and communications. Learned a lot especially in the excel operation and customer service. Most co-workers had been with company for many years, because the company compensates good hard work.
Qualifications are
Bookkeeper (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CASeptember 23, 2012
Cons: qualifications are ridiculous
Off, this place will not take you if you do not have 2+ year of experience. How are people who just finished school suppose to get a job? I can't intern for 2 years and not get paid. It's a joke.
Fun place to work in the Washington DC area
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Washington, DCAugust 1, 2012
Pros: meeting different companies
Cons: no breaks and gas mileage
Managing Northern Virginia, Maryland and Washington, DC customers requiring employees.

Traveling the different states and visiting different companies was fun and rewarding.

Temps showing up for assignments.

August 18, 2012

Field to embargo or repossission

They dont call EVER
dispatcher (Former Employee), Los AngelesJune 5, 2012
Cons: they dont call you for open positions
This place is a joke, I spent an hour and half at there downtown office doing tests and a small interview and they dont bother calling me or anything. I thought it was there job to send you to possible interviews my qualification are not weak at all but never got called. Plus I see job descriptions that fit me on job sites by ACT 1 and nothing place – more... sucks – less
Ok for temp
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee), fresnoApril 18, 2012
I only received one job assignment from this place and never heard back after that assignment was done

May 27, 2012

same here, still havent heard anything from them in months. I have called and they get rude.

Very Productive. Love it because I had different Assigment
Medical Biller (Former Employee), Stockton, CaNovember 16, 2011
Pros: always looking for an assigment for you to do
An outstanding company with very good Compensation Benefits
UNPROFESIONAL
na (Former Employee), naApril 9, 2013
Cons: everything
These people are the worst job agency's to work with. They never return calls or emails no communication what so ever! I usually dontrdont rate business unless I have only good things to say but this time I had to let everyone who is considering to seek employment through them. RUN and dont look back you are better off finding employment on your own!