ACT Employee Reviews in United States

Fast Paced
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Luis, AZNovember 19, 2015
Fast paced work place. Not very professional. Very loud place to be a call center. Very sneaky does not follow HIPPAA. Only good thing that it is full time provides bonus according to sales and provides benefits after 90 days of employment
Pros
Benefits, Bonus, Full time
Cons
Very Loud, Not Professional
MY experiance with ACT is terriable
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Johnson City TNSeptember 26, 2015
My experience with ACT was a terrible one when you start they say flexible hours and advancement opportunities this is all a lie. they will not work with you n your schedule and once your full time you stay at 8.00 and hour no raises at all. they cheat you out of your bonuses. they will hire anyone they don't check for HD or GED they just take peoples word for it.
Its a good place to start off as a first job.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TXOctober 12, 2015
Very strict job place. Great learning experience. Good hours. The pay isn't great but after a year, you'll be able to get a raise. Great supervisors that want nothing but for everyone to succeed.
A great place to work for someone starting off their work experience. Always room for advancement and extra income.
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TXJune 7, 2016
At act, the work environment was a fast place and you need to be focus everyday to do your job correctly. The managers and co-workers are great at helping you with any question you would have. The most important thing to do is listen. Act was a fun place because you would help people and at times the customer was angry but as the employee it was important not to take it personal. We would have at least 100 calls, some good ones and some bad but at the end of the day it felt good helping that one person in the other side of the world or just a few miles away that you will probably never meet.
Pros
having your own desk.
Cons
having a time limit on each call and a low pay.
Act-1 Employment Services
Supply Chain Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJuly 15, 2016
I have had such a pleasant experience working with Act-1. I have been able to go into any assignment with confidence that my Recruiter knew exactly where I would fit and allow me to use my skill set to better my career. A typical day in Oil is very fast paced and you have to always be on your toes. I love the people I worked with as they were always a joy to be around. Not only were they great to work with but I made life long friends with a lot of them.
The hardest part of our job was having to be in at 5 AM and not go walking out of the office until 7 PM but that was part of our job and our team made the best of it.
Pros
Great job opportunities
Cons
Only contracting positions
Great work place with amazing supportive leaders
Independent Living Skills Instructor (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAMay 2, 2016
On any given day you could be surprised hearing a client had a medical emergency or even was arrested. It's a high stress field. However,the amazing supervisor I worked under always stayed on top of making me feel reassured in knowing that I had support I needed with any aspect of the job. From meetings with Service Coordinators,to assistance with client court cases. Office time was nearly non existent, as the job required 1 on 1 face to face time with clients. This ranged from meeting a client at home,to providing transportation home from the work place. The majority of my time as an employee required me to work alone and unsupervised with lots of travel.
Pros
Great flexibility, Amazing support staff.
summary
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  2200 Burlington Columbia Missouri 65202July 26, 2016
A typical day would be clocking in at 10 pm at night an being an awake staff. At 6am the day really begins. I'd have to get each gentleman up one by one an take care of their daily needs . They were total care patients an required help 24/7. Once done with showering an dressing one . Get them to table for breakfast an as they eat start with next person till every one is showered ,clothed,feed an doing their weekend routine. Once they were settled I'd have to clean each room,get laundry done beds back made , an then start with cooking the next meal. Give all meds during the time it was scheduled for. Same routine for lunch an dinner. This job was always short staffed so I worked alone a lot. Lot of staff came an went it was a hard house to work but I enjoyed every day with those men I took care of. I made there days better because they were happy an enjoyed when I worked with them , because I made sure each person understood I was just like family . An was there each day to help them but also make their lives better.
The Smartest and Kindest People You'll Ever Meet
AVP of Global Workforce Solutions (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 15, 2016
Leadership team has a clear and compelling mission to move ACT from an assessment company to an education and workforce solution provider.

The work is meaningful, and everyone who works there knows it and believes in the mission to help everyone achieve their potential in education and workforce.

The smartest and kindest people with whom I have ever worked.

Supports HQ and "connected" workers - those who work from home offices.

Lots of latitude to develop opportunities. Not bogged down in process. Like a start-up environment.
Pros
On campus fitness center, truly kind and helpful people, a mission, no jerks
Cons
Not a technology company, slow internal processes with lots of obstacles
made a lotof friends and colegues
Agent (Former Employee) –  San Luis, AZApril 4, 2016
a typical day at act would be a loud one . you have agents on the phones doing custo,er service others tring to get new client for att. its very fun but can also be boring at sometimes.i learned how to talk to people without losing a tempor and how to make a lot of sales.i was more of a team leader at this job buyt it didn't pay well because we would work so many hours and a job like that for me is no good because I have a family.the hardest part of the job was toi sale to angry customers new services and it would be fraustratind at times. but I would poull through and make my sales. te most enjoyable part was that I had great friends and great agents as well
Overall a good job
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXApril 28, 2016
Overall its a good job depending on your personality type. I'm an active person that likes to be up and doing things. If you are the same this may not be the job for you. You come in everyday dial the phones and try to get people not to hang up on you even though you have to say the exact thing to them that every other person has already said to them...and I mean exact. You cannot deviate from the script if you add or take away a work you will get "dinged" and depending on the number of "dings" it could effect your bonus. I didn't blame the company for this I feel like its more DOE but made the job very difficult. If your a motivated person you can make great money I did very well there over all. co-workers overall were friendly. Management needs improvement but they are generally good people. I didn't meet anyone there I didn't like. Its a very good job if you don't mind monotony and sitting in a desk all day.
Pros
vacation time (which i got at my last job but couldn't use) make up time, bonuses
Cons
sick leave, point system, constant changes that typically made your job much more difficult

Want to know more about ACT?

Ask a question
Good Last Resort
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TNMay 22, 2015
I worked there for over a year, became a lead which entails being management before you get the badge or the raise. I ran things when supervisors weren't available and answered any questions applicable to the job at hand. I learned a different aspect to customer service that with other jobs and more hands on experience with more management experience. . They treat equally disregarding absenteeism and quality of work. No room for moving up the ladder.
Pros
Prizes, Bonus, experience
Cons
Pay, Managment, Oppurtunity
Not an easy job.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Gray, TNJanuary 2, 2016
ACT was a good job. Most of the management were fair and easy to work with. You have to be good at collections to work there. Typically, a day at work involved handling calls from start of shift until the end. Very rarely would there ever be a break in calls, due to the calls being outbound. The management was helpful in showing the best way to handle collections calls and going over strengths and weaknesses. I believe the hardest part was the calls. We would place calls to customers who were behind on credit cards, mortgages and student loans. My co-workers were fun and probably the most enjoyable part of working there.
Pros
People are friendy, job is secure
Cons
Healthcare, management has favorites
Team Environment
Helpdesk Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 30, 2015
ACT is a team oriented workplace. Linebarger, Blair and Sampson LLC provides incredible employee benefits. I have flourished and enjoyed my time at ACT. With a company this size, I am at the limit of my growth with ACT.
Pros
Benefits, 401 K, healthcare provided for employee
Great company lacking in company policies
Quality Anylist (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TXJune 14, 2016
I worked here and although it was not terrible. I did not like the fact that it was 24/7 (just part of the job). I didn't mind so much the 12 hour shifts because it gave me 3 days off. I just wish the pay was better (was at minimum wage). I was happy to see advancement opportunities since I myself was able to be promoted and others as well.
Pros
Great advancement opportunities if you try
Cons
Low pay
Productive and fun place to work
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CAJanuary 29, 2016
Receiving and proccess material to coating w ork togheter on team,be carefull to dont mixing companys .Good management.
Cons
SHORT BREAKS AND GOOD SKILLS
Second Chance Station
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 26, 2016
This is the company to go to when you have never had a job or are returning to the workforce after months/years of unemployment. It pays minimum wage and offers employees an opportunity to gain experience in the call center and customer service field.

It's a great stepping stone for anyone who needs to start somewhere, anywhere,to get further in their life.
Work Environment is Like High School
Phone Rep (Current Employee) –  North Highlands, CAFebruary 15, 2016
ACT is not the best place to work for everybody . The operation managers do not even like being there themselves . There is multiple altercations between workers and managers breaking out during the day behind the scenes and in public.
Pros
Good hours, normal work .
Cons
Bad management, harsh work enviorments .
Great work culture
Software Developer Intern (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IAFebruary 21, 2016
ACT provides great opportunities of advancement at the Innovation department. It was a great experience to be able to work with people who have impeccable knowledge of the state of the art technology
Very sad job
Shortsale Rep (Former Employee) –  TennesseeMay 2, 2016
As a Shortsale rep the job was a lot more stressful than being in fraud prevention. With shortsale people are losing their homes so they were always calling angry and there was never anything the rep could do to help the caller.
Pros
Full time
Cons
odd shifts
not a good job
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  TennesseeJune 28, 2016
this company is a company to just get a check from no a career. would not recommend this to anyone . this company changes things too often and everyone has different views and ways of doing things