ACT Employee Reviews

great job opportunities
Agent (Former Employee) –  Douglas, AZFebruary 16, 2017
your able to build a career if you put yourself to it. they work with you if you are having trouble, its never a dull moment. you have lots of co-workers that are there to help you.
Pros
free lunches, great prizes
Cons
short breaks
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAJanuary 29, 2017
Very fun reliable work place very nice staff very hard working environment had the job of chimney sweep went from house house cleaning doing maintain on houses cleaning chimneys helping customers clean chimneys and job title was show up on time and do best job I could
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
fun workplace
Customer Service/Sales (Former Employee) –  San Luis, AZJanuary 16, 2017
Very busy environment ever call is a different problem to solve, co-workers are excellent and you learn how to speak and use multiple systems at a time. Your schedule is very good as your needs require.
Big bosses are awesome
Collections Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Angelo, TXDecember 28, 2016
You come in everyday and do the same thing. Locate people who don't want to pay their debts and contact them. Let them know how much they owe and try to get a resolution on accounts.
ISM Billing
ISM billing (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TN (E. Fairview)December 21, 2016
Best group of people I have ever worked with. And, I like Management a lot too.
The work is a bit difficult. The training lacks somewhat. You do have to learn so much not covered in training when you hit the call floor. Your learning curve takes place there. Not a great situation but Management does seem to get that you are a novice and need support when first doing your job ( I hope)
I do wish there was a more streamlined approach to doing your job. You have to learn multiple software systems. I do however get that a conversion to fewer systems would be very difficult.
Pros
great work environment, really nice people
Cons
learning on the fly while also trying to meet metric expectations
Very difficult to keep your quota for the month.
Digital Life Specialest (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNDecember 20, 2016
The company sets expectations way to high for what your trying to do. The pressure that is pot on a person is very upsetting at times. They change things that you're never sure if you can perform the ridiculous expectations
Pros
Great money, insurance after 90 days, laid back environment.
Cons
Pretty lenient with breaks and lunch.
Not a place for advancement
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TXDecember 13, 2016
Not a place for advancement and no benefits provided. Needed some time off to care for my wife while she was sick and they wouldn't provide any type of help or options.
horrible
call agent (Former Employee) –  Boones Creek, TNNovember 26, 2016
It's a horrible work place. Very horrible. I didn't like. Can't deal with people well. I like warehouse jobs. No one to talk to by yourself. Always getting cussed out at act
Pros
nothing
Cons
everythinf
Awesome
ACT testing advisor (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CANovember 18, 2016
This is alot of fun since it's easy money. It alot of reading since your reading alot of rules and instructions to high school kids that are trying to get into different colleges. Time goes by slow but you have alot of quite time.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Slow
Overall Great Place to Work
Contractor/Vendor: Software Tester (Current Employee) –  Iowa City, IAOctober 19, 2016
In my time at ACT, I've come to learn many things. I came into the job not knowing a thing about software testing, but in the short amount of time I've been working there, I've grasped so much already. I've learned to balance projects, prioritize, multitask better, and refined my knowledge of computer applications/software programs just to name a few. The most enjoyable part of the job was gaining so many new skills and gaining more knowledge. The days went by fast when I was assigned to a project and having every weekend off was just a plus. The hardest part of the job may have been learning new content and applications, but it became that much more rewarding when I finally accomplished learning said content and applications. The co-workers there seemed very friendly and team oriented. I liked that about ACT. Management seemed just like everyone else in the office when talking to them but still displayed great task management skills and leadership qualities.
Pros
Weekends off.
Cons
7.5 hour work days.
Absolutely terrible work ethic
Agent (Former Employee) –  San Luis, AZOctober 15, 2016
Training lasted like a month, and while they paid it, they would look for any reason to cut down your hours, even on production.
I worked Customer Loyalty, worst department to work at. Basically, you want to cancel? We have to save you any way we can. Mostly promotions.

Training is just easy money, but they will barely show you how to use anything but one system and expect you to learn everything on the production floor, while having to meet your handle time and learn everything on the fly.

A typical day consists of getting on the phone and getting all your systems ready until you are told to go ready and take calls non stop.
The problems starts when you start getting angry customers because everyone felt like playing hot potato with them because no one wanted to handle them, and you have to take all of the heat.
They also talk to you about all of your options to help out a customer to not cancel, then you later realize they will not provide you most of these options and expect you to sweet talk every single call.

Meeting qoutas is a nightmare, a lot of the times it is completely out of your control because some customers refuse to speak with anything but a supervisor. Most of the time they were promised one, transfered to somewhere else, and some lead will encourage this.

The people working there are cool, some leads are nice, supervisors are supporting and willing to work with you, but management is too strict and unflexible. But they have horrible work ethics, transfering just about anyone, not actually doing anything, loopholes abuse and sometimes, not even
  more... stating every fee or disclosures, sometimes selling them stuff while not stating every single fee, and the most common reason for calls, misquouted prices (and by a wide margin)

Job promotion is easy, but it's pretty much working 24/7 there, might as well just get your bed into the company building and sleep there.

I would not come back to this place unless its my last resort.
Pros
Cool co workers
Cons
Short breaks, constantly changing schedule, obligatory overtime, full time job with part time hours and pay. Terrible work ethics/
lineworker
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Corinth, MSOctober 7, 2016
We worked 7 days a week. It was a pretty cool place to work. It was 12 hours a day. They always keep us busy. I really enjoyed it.
Fun fast paced place to work, great people to work with
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNAugust 17, 2016
Act is a fast paced environment with bonus possibly with sales. Great people to work with. Lots of changes almost on a daily basis, stress from the customer and the script you have to follow.
Pros
Free lunch on fridays for the top sales
Cons
Change in scrit to much and not enough talk time pre call
Love this Jonb,
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 3, 2016
This job has a lot of opportunities and growth. And there's always room for improvement . Dealing with different customers can be challenging at times, but I like the challenge
summary
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  2200 Burlington Columbia Missouri 65202July 26, 2016
A typical day would be clocking in at 10 pm at night an being an awake staff. At 6am the day really begins. I'd have to get each gentleman up one by one an take care of their daily needs . They were total care patients an required help 24/7. Once done with showering an dressing one . Get them to table for breakfast an as they eat start with next person till every one is showered ,clothed,feed an doing their weekend routine. Once they were settled I'd have to clean each room,get laundry done beds back made , an then start with cooking the next meal. Give all meds during the time it was scheduled for. Same routine for lunch an dinner. This job was always short staffed so I worked alone a lot. Lot of staff came an went it was a hard house to work but I enjoyed every day with those men I took care of. I made there days better because they were happy an enjoyed when I worked with them , because I made sure each person understood I was just like family . An was there each day to help them but also make their lives better.
Act-1 Employment Services
Supply Chain Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJuly 15, 2016
I have had such a pleasant experience working with Act-1. I have been able to go into any assignment with confidence that my Recruiter knew exactly where I would fit and allow me to use my skill set to better my career. A typical day in Oil is very fast paced and you have to always be on your toes. I love the people I worked with as they were always a joy to be around. Not only were they great to work with but I made life long friends with a lot of them.
The hardest part of our job was having to be in at 5 AM and not go walking out of the office until 7 PM but that was part of our job and our team made the best of it.
Pros
Great job opportunities
Cons
Only contracting positions
Overall
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IAJuly 14, 2016
ACT used to be a great place to work but that is not correct anymore. They want the staff with tenure to move on.
not a good job
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  TennesseeJune 28, 2016
this company is a company to just get a check from no a career. would not recommend this to anyone . this company changes things too often and everyone has different views and ways of doing things
Productive and fun work place with tv's showing games
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Luis, AZJune 24, 2016
i get to work and the first thing i do is clock in and start taking calls , there isn't much to but help people with there problems.
Pros
pizza hut is right next door
Cons
sit down all day and hear people yell
Great company lacking in company policies
Quality Anylist (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TXJune 14, 2016
I worked here and although it was not terrible. I did not like the fact that it was 24/7 (just part of the job). I didn't mind so much the 12 hour shifts because it gave me 3 days off. I just wish the pay was better (was at minimum wage). I was happy to see advancement opportunities since I myself was able to be promoted and others as well.
Pros
Great advancement opportunities if you try
Cons
Low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ACT. Our community is ready to answer.