ACT Employee Reviews

good
Java Developer (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZDecember 12, 2017
good client to work with. Lot of work to be done with the website which is exciting if you are planning to learn and apply new technologies. Client is very calm and understanding.
Pros
nice management
Cons
stressful
make an impact
Certified Peer Specialist, Butler Health Systems (Current Employee) –  Butler County, PADecember 10, 2017
I love being able to help the people in my community. I am thankful that I can meet my clients in a place of relation and share my personal experience, strength and hope with them.
Cable tech
Comcast Contractor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 7, 2017
Contacting company . Insatlletion of cable tv internet and phone . Very poor menegment . Unrespectfull and unsafe . Non correct process of learning the job
stressful
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Current Employee) –  Logan, UTDecember 5, 2017
This is not the kind of job that an ordinary person is capable of performing. Customers are hard to deal with because of their issues with fraud. BOA is the contractor of ACT, but employees are not taken care of at all.
Not for everyone
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CANovember 28, 2017
This company isnt for everyone. The goal is to get people to start paying on their student loans, which is extremely difficult. If you cant, eventually they let you go because you're not reaching their expectations which is very unrealistic.
Pros
Hour lunch; great benefits and time off
Cons
Short breaks, suffocating environment
fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TXNovember 15, 2017
working alone at this job is what it takes, an to be good with computers, helping callers with there card problems and never the less computer savvy. everything is repetitive
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Overall this is a great environment to work In and to advance in the workplace.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 11, 2017
I liked the teaching seminars and the weekly discussions, the workplace is fast paced and the supervision is wonderful. They recognize your customer service skills and they help you to improve on obstacles. The coworkers are team players and good at supporting eachother.
terrible job
Traffic Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNNovember 9, 2017
managers will through you under the bus at anytime teammates will do the same. everyone is out for themselves. the job its self is stressful and not worth the money
Workplace
Fraud Analyst I (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TXNovember 9, 2017
They never give raises. You have to get comes from the customers. Managers were indifferent to employees. Lots of nepotism in this job. The pattern per hour is _7.25.
Cons
You had to earn bonuses
Not fun
Collections Agent (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TNNovember 6, 2017
Not a very great place to work at when you have to work you have to make up your time when you get paid time off he still have to make up your time very hard to get days requested off and management is not good about that
Pros
For to expensive
Cons
Not very good health insurance
Data entry
Administration (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXNovember 1, 2017
I enjoyed the fact that I was able to review the accounts and have the time to research each and every account. I also enjoyed being able to have something to drink at my desk.
Pros
hours
Cons
hours
If you expect a job that is consistent. Its a decent choice.
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Harlingen, TXOctober 31, 2017
Expect long but consistent work hours and reoccurring
Problems your expected to solve. Be quick on your reaction and use pathos to accomplish your goal.
Pros
Consistency. Holidays. And overtime.
Cons
Strict policies.
I am a very responsible person. I am very friendly. And a fast learner
Customer Service, telemarketing (Former Employee) –  San Luis, AZOctober 30, 2017
It is a really friendly place. Now as for the hard part of the Job was when you couldn't help the customer with what they needed. And also the benifits there are really good. Alot of incoming and outgoing calls.
Pros
We would get rewards for our sales
Cons
When there were no sales
only if there is no other option
Receivables Management Representative (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNOctober 26, 2017
Lots of required overtime incentives were to compete with others to get out of overtime. there was a lot of turn around as well with employees and with floor managers. Was under the impression they way they get you fired is by making you a floor manager.
Boring Place to work at
BOA CC (Former Employee) –  North Logan, UTOctober 25, 2017
This job wasn't ideal really bad management they have. Would not recommend it to anyone unless they need a job really badly. they are very flexible though.
Bad place to work
Customer service/ Sales (Former Employee) –  Douglas, AZOctober 18, 2017
They send you to break when ever they to my shift was from 9-6 and I would have no more breakes by 1 and had to work 5-6 hours without a break and I was very I'm professional of them to do this. I would no recommend this work environment to anyone
terrible ops manager
Debt Collector (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNOctober 9, 2017
I did not like ACT due to the ops manager of Synchrony Bank department being very unprofessional. he is constantly sexually harassing the girls there and no one does nothing about it, he also is on drugs and has tried to sell to his employees and there is also a group of agents he hangs out with outside of work and takes vacations with and adds hours to their time cards they didn't work and lets them leave while on the clock. loved my job and doing what I did but could not stay any longer with someone like that in charge.
Pros
some of the supervisors are helpful and nice
Cons
very many
Call center life
Agent/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNOctober 6, 2017
you handle inbound phone calls for many different clients/ the job is based on what project that you are on, the projects are not allowed to be talked about to help keep the clients info safe.
Pros
exciting environment
Cons
sales
Research department was excellent!
Research Recruiting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Iowa CityOctober 4, 2017
Working in the Research Department as a temp was excellent! I was treated with respect and was even asked for my input and opinions. They trusted me to get the work done, and didn't micromanage.
Fraud Detection Analyst (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TXSeptember 29, 2017
I did not like this place at all it was horrible to many ghetto people that work there it was not a safe place to work I thought I was going to get robbed every time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ACT. Our community is ready to answer.