ACT Employee Reviews

Very fast paced and demanding
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TXMay 31, 2017
Positioned at your cubicle taking calls to help customers identify possible fraud on their credit cards. Call time is important. Must be five minutes or less. When one call ends another is automatically sent to your phone. You do not get to decide when to answer phone. Automatically picks up.
Pros
Good overtime if you want it
Cons
Very fast paced with few breaks.
ACT Supervisor
Site Administrator (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 26, 2017
I inventoried the ACT materials as well as created schedules while
coaching content teachers on best practices to improve overall ACT scores. Students went to individually crafted tutoring sessions. They were also given a weekly assessment that helped monitor their progress and improve their composite score.
Very stressful and hostile environment. Very Unprofessional HR and management.
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Harlingen, TXMay 17, 2017
By far the worst place to work. A Very hostile, stressful, unprofessional environment. Very low pay rate. No assistance on the floor from management.
Pros
Free food, sometimes
Cons
Short breaks and lunches, health care too expensive.
some of the staff are friendly and courtious nice and clean environment.
advanced call center (Current Employee) –  Montego Bay,May 17, 2017
I'm a very confident individual,being at ACT was so awesome ilearn how to interact with customers have more experience in the customer service world.
Pros
free lunch, health card, ans free shuttle bus
Cons
10mins break
Great benefits if you can stand the pace
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IAMay 11, 2017
"Do more with less" is something I heard a lot in the year before I left. I take that to mean ACT lays people off and pushes their duties onto those people who are left. Maybe it was just my department. It got too stressful for me.

That said, they have awesome benefits. Generous PTO, retirement match and health insurance.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Work life balance not a priority
Loved it
Collections Agent (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNMay 9, 2017
They take care of the employees. And try to make work fun. And they do thing for the community. If you have a problem with someone they will get to the bottom of it
Stay away
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Junction City, KSMay 6, 2017
I was a supervisor there worked there a year and a half, its definitely not worth it... if you have no life, no kids ands nothing to do perfect its for you... whatever you do don't make the wrong people mad because you'll get fired easily... if they can't fire you for any of your work ethics they will dig deeper just to fire you. It's really sad. There is no job security there and nothing will ever be good enough and they will tell you that as well as letting you know your not entitled to anything. Stay away its not worth it.
Pros
Pay, its a job
Cons
Upper management, schedules change last minute, no type of stability, horrible environment and last but not least they do not work with you at all
Cashier
Operations Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, VAMay 2, 2017
I enjoy working with others and enjoyed the customers very much. I liked working in a fast paced environment and learned a lot from doing so. I also enjoyed handling the responsibilities
Had to say a prayer before I would walk in
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Douglas, AZApril 26, 2017
It started well until people found out you weren't a yes man &had to play politics with upper level management........................................
Cons
Stress
Absolute learning experience
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Junction City, KSApril 24, 2017
I was not prepared for how this company was run. No training, no structure. Honestly, it is the worst job I have ever had in my life. Still, it is an employer in an area short on jobs.

Want to know more about ACT?

Ask a question
Really fun
Fraud Analyst (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TXApril 12, 2017
It was a pretty great experience. I felt a constant need to improve and beat my previous speed. I got allot of complements on my service by bank of America customers.
Had fun
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TXApril 10, 2017
Well I was just out high school and it was fun while it lasted . I wish I wouldn't have moved on from there but things happen life.Great pay with overtime and incentives
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Took to long for raise
Lazy Bosses
Home mortgage consultant (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNApril 9, 2017
Was not a good experience. Older employees were often lazy and wouldn't help. Would leave you on the phone with an irate customer for a long time then get mad at you for having them on hold. With better management it would be better
Easy flexible hours
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TXMarch 6, 2017
A customer service representative on incoming calls coming into the company. I would help customers understand their certain accounts better. Better understanding for the customers is always good.
Productive, and good customer service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Douglas, AZMarch 6, 2017
Really good work opportunities as well as a good experience for future jobs, good pays as well as good hours but not to efficient in the work environment
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Poor work enviormemt
negative all around
atm debit (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TXFebruary 28, 2017
higher ups ignore request for help training is contradicting itself the only enjoyable part was the co workers most of management wasvery selfish
great job opportunities
Agent (Former Employee) –  Douglas, AZFebruary 16, 2017
your able to build a career if you put yourself to it. they work with you if you are having trouble, its never a dull moment. you have lots of co-workers that are there to help you.
Pros
free lunches, great prizes
Cons
short breaks
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAJanuary 29, 2017
Very fun reliable work place very nice staff very hard working environment had the job of chimney sweep went from house house cleaning doing maintain on houses cleaning chimneys helping customers clean chimneys and job title was show up on time and do best job I could
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
great enviroment
Representative, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  San Luis, AZJanuary 22, 2017
Great enviroment to make friends, but no as fun to work there. The work hours are not very beneficial for you, but the pay is worth it. You have to ne very careful with your actions during work hours because they will fire you for nothing.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Work hours are not well managed
fun workplace
Customer Service/Sales (Former Employee) –  San Luis, AZJanuary 16, 2017
Very busy environment ever call is a different problem to solve, co-workers are excellent and you learn how to speak and use multiple systems at a time. Your schedule is very good as your needs require.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ACT. Our community is ready to answer.