Action Against Hunger

Action Against Hunger Employer Reviews

First Proffessional Work Experience
HEALTH AND NUTRITION EDUCATOR (Former Employee), Kasungu-MalawiJuly 23, 2014
Everyday was a learning day as I was building my carrier, working with the communities, malnourished children, health personnel and other government structures was the order of the day.
Capital Finance Archivist Officer (Current Employee), ABUJAJuly 7, 2014
Pros: freedom, respect, dinners, birthdays
Cons: renumeration
A typical work day for me begins with me prioritizing my tasks which i had set a day before for the day i.e selecting a donor file and ends with noting achievements for the day. Amongst other things i have learned on the job is Time management and Organization skills. The judicious use of time and available resources is all about my job. I must say – more... the i have wonderful co-workers because in the midst of our diversities( background, views, ideas,exposure) when it comes to work and fun we always manage to put our differences aside and work as a team. Talking about the hardest part of my job, I don't have any; only a little challenge of waiting for my colleagues at the bases to send their books and data which can take a little longer than expected sometimes and in turn delaying my job.
The most interesting part of my job is the freedom to use initiative to achieve set objectives. – less
Very productive
Care Assistant (Former Employee), Kinshasa/D.R CongoJuly 9, 2013
Cons: many overtimes were required in the busiest time or shortness of staff
The most typical day at work was when we were busier in admiting many new patients, refered from peripherical primary care settings to us as a secondary care setting.
I learned how to work hard and do my best; also never say never, keep trying.
Management: I learned how to prioritise patients needs
My co-workers: A team spirit is necessary to achieve – more... more; sharing knowledge for the best interest of the patient.
The hardest part of the job was when we used to care for patients with critical state such as mixed condition: malnutrition+severe anaemia+dehydration or malnutrition+tuberculosis or malnutrition+tuberculosis+HIV.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the rehabilitation of patients with desperate/critical condition which has been possible with our contribution as carers. – less