Action for Children Employee Reviews

Great work environment
Technical Assistance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 27, 2017
I truly enjoy the work environment of Action For Children. Everyone is truly welcoming and inviting. The management style allows for each person to have a sense of ownership of their role. The only drawback is that it is a non-profit organization so the pay is fairly low. They do try to combat that with good benefits and flexibility.
enjoyable pace to work
Fiscal Department- Accounting Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 21, 2017
Structure is needed in a typical day. Challenging fiscal deadlines. A self taught learning environment. Enjoyably staff moral. Many departments work as a teams.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
micro managed with new management
Productive and fun place to work.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 5, 2017
Greeted clients answered multi line phone system.
Scheduled clients for classes. Sorted and distribute mail
Scheduled external guests for background checks.
Pros
Great team enviroment. Working part time
Cons
Language issues with some clients
Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 14, 2016
Nothing much everything was okay wit the organization, I have no complaints. I was with the company for many years, I would say the hardest part of the job is the pay. But besides that it's a great company to work for.
Pros
na
Cons
na
Great work experience.
Childcare Provider (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 6, 2016
Organized and executed activities schedules, developed and reinforced daily routines, and taught children good hygiene habits. Observed and documented children’s behavior and progress, and provided verbal updates to parents; notified parents of potential behavioral issues.
able to provide service in my home
Unlicensed Home Childcare Provider (Former Employee) –  chicago illOctober 2, 2015
Able to provide service in my home for children on a daily basic to assist the parent's while they go out to look for job's or for them to attend school.
Pros
provide breafast/ lunch for the children
Always a busy work environment
Family Resource Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 17, 2015
Not a day would go buy when we wouldn't be busy, it was always so busy and I would get along with everybody. Everybody was always willing to help each other out.
Pros
Very good supervisors
Cons
Breaks were shortened by 1/2 hour
homely environment
Childcare Provider (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 27, 2015
very family oriented setting
learned how to interact with kids
I really enjoyed figuring out their different personalities
overall great experiance
It's fun to work with children.
Babysitter (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 9, 2015
I'm just a normal babysitter. I take care of on child. I feed him, bathe him and put him to sleep. This is what I do consistly whenever his mom goes to until she returns home from work.
Childcare
Childcare Provider (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 21, 2015
This organization is meant to help those working class parents in need of childcare in the home. I did the job for 3 years and didn't much trouble handling clients and honoring request they may make about the safety of their children and any abnormalities I should be aware of in a given situation. This line of work does take a certain kind of energy to maintain and do well at.
Pros
hours of work
Cons
limit of clents
Child Care Provider
Child Care Provider (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 5, 2015
how to land that perfect job career. We have to start networking in are career field so when I graduate I will have my career job as a probation officer, or a case manager, or child care provider When I was growing up I always wanted to help people in many different way like. First babysitting I will watch people kids while that out on the town to have a time to their self. We find the main point in our career to understand my priorities are to take care of my son he is the only person that keeping me on going to achieve my goals. It is ways to shape my way of living stop hanging out like I used to start hang around positive people. that why I am going to school to start my career off.
Pros
yes breaks when children was eating
Cons
no healthcare or insurance
Fun Work Environment
In-Home Childcare Provider (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 14, 2014
This was a very enjoyable job ,it never felt as if I was working . It was a very fun job and wonderful learning experience. I enjoy teaching children and having my own business.
fun productive, safe work place clean and sanitized, and enough space.
Babysitter (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 18, 2013
Patience is the key and I'm always professional, and won't give up until my job is Complnete at all time.s, I love what I do
Pros
caring for young talented children, that are not doing anything wrong but being a kid, the key to this job is Patience and loyalty, off the trust the parent have for me for handling, watching over thur child
Cons
never give up, already be professional at all times, and always be honest and responsible
I love working with the Children,they are a blessing.
Child Care Provider (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 31, 2013
A days work was lovely we played on the computer the kids took turns,we played basketball in the play area,did exercise,coloring contests,I learned how to deal with children and loving one at the same time pleasing one,i learned how to deal with different emotions and attitude at the same time.The hardest part of the job was pleasing the children i had to come up with different solutions each day.Seeing the children all playing together and getting alone with one another.Amen;
Pros
The children ate breakfast, lunch and dinner and a snack
Cons
They took naps everyday.
They provide many wonderful services for the early childhood community.
Consultant- I (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OhioJune 17, 2013
Providing learning opportunities for early childhood educators to hone their professional skills is very rewarding. Staff work together to provide information for parents, teachers, and childcare centers in a convenient location.
Pros
Wonderful information hub for the early childhood community!
Cons
Sometimes you find the perfect childcare center for your needs, but it has no vacancies.
Helping families pay for childcare.
Family Resource Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 16, 2013
I would listen to the client about the problem they were having with their childcare paperwork. I would then explain what needed to be done or how we came to the determination to approve or deny the client. I would review the more difficult cases and make a determination. I was the liason for other departments at the agency. I mentored the specialists on my team.
I learned how to work with different personalities whether it was a client or another employee. I believe that is one I value the most.
The hardest part of my job was telling a client they were not eligible for the program because they made too much money but the clients were really struggling to get by.
Pros
Incredible benefits
Interactive job
Childcare Provider (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 9, 2013
Providing childcare for working mothers and children was very rewarding.
Pros
Taking care of children
Cons
Pay rate is not enough
fun setting
Childcare Provider (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 16, 2013
loved woking with children they were well behaved and respectful ,client was always on time for pick up .I learned to be more patient with childrenmot enjoyable part was the children they well behavde and lots of fun to work with.
child care provider
Childcare provider (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 12, 2012
Directed daycare from 2:30pm until 8:00pm.
Assisted with various projects and homework.
Arranged lunch and dinner with snacks in between.
Helping working parents
Family Resource Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 27, 2012
My typical day was greeting co-workers, I learned everyone needs help, to many women in management, the hardest part was trying to complete as many application as possible and then get on phone to receive call from client inquiring about application, the enjoyable part was completing application so the parent could work.
Pros
helping working parents continuing working
Cons
to many females in management alot of power playing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Action for Children. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval