Action Logistics Employee Reviews

Workplace
Freight Handler (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GAJune 12, 2017
Action Logistics is a tire Warehouse where you load and unload tires into a trailer. They train you for 3 weeks and pay you $9.50 then put you on production which the pay is 18 cent per 100 pounds
Pros
They are willing to help if needed and are patient with new workers that never had experience
Cons
The pay is very low
No need for a gym this job requires enough physical work
Goodyear Tire (Current Employee) –  DeKalb, ILJune 1, 2017
If your looking for a way to make money according to how you work, Action is a good place for you. It does require a lot of physically work. As a freight Handler you come in on hours. 30 days later you move to weight. on weight you get paid by the pound, which can be better for you depending on your work ethnics.
Pros
break according to you
Cons
sometimes you may have little work
Good place for hard workers with warehouse experience.
Frieght Handler (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKMay 30, 2017
Generally, Action Logistics has a simple spread, work hard and get paid. This is a weekly basis with 12 hours shift with as much overtime as you please.
horrible from top to bottom
General clerk Il (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OK 73505May 29, 2017
after working there for 5 months i left with nothing they refused to promote the management was poor if they where even there that day the work conditions sucked because you had PAC trucks flying in to dark trailers at 8 miles an hour
it was ok
SECURITY GUARD-RISK MANAGEMENT ASSOCIATION (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GAApril 26, 2017
we got like an hour break, lifting very heavy tires however. it can be very stressful. went in around 7 pm and left at 5 am. it was alot of work for one person on there own.
Pros
break
Cons
labor
May 25, 2017

This is the wrong Action Logistics. We do not have a location in McDonough GA

Supportive Management Team
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Douglasville, GAApril 25, 2017
Fun, fast-paced environment with room for growth. New management is supportive and works with the associates not above. Job is challenging at times but very rewarding. Would and have referred to friends and family.
Pros
Great attitude with coworkers and management
Cons
24/7 business
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Douglasville, GAApril 20, 2017
The work is at-your-own schedule. 24 hrs a day. The dispatchers and management are great and friendly to work with. The money is good depending on how much you work and how flexible your schedule is.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
A lot of people on the schedule to work at times
Not worth it
Freight Handler (Former Employee) –  DeKalb, ILApril 18, 2017
Worked here for 5 months which is much longer than most end up working here full-time. Very hard labor that you aren't nearly compensated enough for.

At this particular location you can only become an assistant manager or use the forklift if you know Spanish (believe it or not)
April 20, 2017

This review does not apply to this company. We are a medical courier. We do not have forklifts

Terrible place to work
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Shelby, OhioApril 6, 2017
Men sit around waiting for a truck to load. You don't get payed for waiting. The wages are a lie; you get paid by the weight you throw. I saw men leave with checks as low as $30 for a weeks work. Huge overturn. Can't keep people. Someone is always getting fired, and the women (Daniel &Taylor) who run the management group there are impossible to please. Management of Action Logistics fear and obey the management of DSC. DSC controls everyone there.
Pros
Leave early if there is no work.
Cons
Everything else
April 20, 2017

This review does not apply to our company. We do not have trucks to be unloaded or loaded

Hard Labor
Freight Handler (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKApril 3, 2017
12 hours of non stop work. Back breaking tire throwing for terrible pay. No where to move up to and nothing to look forward to. This would be a good summer job for teenagers and a good starter job for people who just need to get back on there feet.
Pros
weight loss
Cons
back problems
April 20, 2017

This review does not apply to our company. We do not have tires located in our company

ok to make some money part time, but because of my location theres not as much work to do.
Subcontract courier (Current Employee) –  Douglasville, GAMarch 13, 2017
made great pay to start ,then they changed management and cut the rates for the drivers. If you don't mind putting a lot of miles on your vehicle and can get the work its not too bad. Would be great if they could schedule properly with some guaranteed pay plus commission for drivers.
Alright entry level Job
Loader/Unloader (Current Employee) –  Lawton, OKFebruary 25, 2017
This job is very physically demanding. You work 12 hour shifts and at first you make $9 an hour till your trainer is allowed to certify you then you make $10.50. You get a $0.25 raise every 6 months but top out at $11.50. They have changed the schedule so no more 7 days off in a row and you are either day or night shift. You do get paid breaks, there are 4 breaks 2 of them are 30 minutes and the other 2 are 45 minutes.
Pros
If you get day shift, payed breaks
Cons
Long hours for not the best of pay
April 20, 2017

This review is on the wrong company. We hire IC only who are not paid by the hour.

Disappointing employment
IT Manager (Current Employee) –  Statesville, NCDecember 8, 2016
When I first started working everything was great. People were nice, then as time went on the managers were trying to push people out, and get people they "approved of"
Action Logistics
Administrative assistant (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCNovember 9, 2016
Small and well organised. There benefits are not good but it is a job and the pay is not to bad. I would recommend this company to anyone looking for and entry level job.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Benefits are not good

This is the wrong Action Logistics. We are not located in Fayetteville NC

Pays good if your willing to work hard.
Freight Handler (Current Employee) –  Westampton, NJ 08060November 1, 2016
great people to work with just very hard work. The hardest part of this job is to get used to it. it may seem very hard at first.

Wrong Action Logistics. We are not located in Westampton NJ

Hard Work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GAOctober 24, 2016
It's a very physical job. Trucks that need to be loaded or unloaded vary to 20,000 to 30,000lbs and come as a first come first serve. Loading 1,000 to 1,700 units from small passenger tires to heavy commercial tires that require a clamp truck. a truck takes an average of 3 to 4 hours to load and unload. there are no room for mistakes so attention to detail is very vital. You only get paid once for the job that you do. The hardest part of the job is going high and tight. literally going as high as you can wedging the tires in at the top. having to do this from the front to the back. The most enjoyable is getting an easy truck with most of the weight being truck tires or tread.
Pros
Flexibility and keeping in shape. and the ability to make alot of money.
Cons
bad days, bad pay. No Advancement, No incentives

This is the wrong Action Logistics. We do not have a location in McDonough

productive and fun environment
manager / quality control specialist (Former Employee) –  Trexlertown, PAJune 27, 2016
loved the peope and my manager. i moved into management and it was so easy to run because the team work was excellent.
Pros
raises, relaxing but at the same time fast paced

This is the wrong Action Logistics. We are not located in Trexlertown PA

Good Job!
Dock Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 18, 2016
I think the hardest part of the job is unload or load a trailer of tires when is 90 degrees outside... But I enjoy been able to do different type of task each day, keep me busy and entertaining.

This is the wrong Action Logistics. We are not located in Jax FL

Quick look , Safety first
Never been employed (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJune 14, 2016
I like the review overall and im willing to learn more about it, im willing to work and do things to get to the spot i need to have in the company , i also see oppurtunity from reviewong this quick overview
Pros
Bring it and listen
Cons
Short breaks, constant busy
Busy faced paced, changes to rudimentory processes
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Westampton, NJMay 23, 2016
Huge tire wholesaler. Multiple locations. Various product types to handle. Handles most every tire manufacturer in the US.
Pros
Second shift
Cons
Poor air quality

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Action Logistics. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9