Action Logistics Employee Reviews in United States

Quick look , Safety first
Never been employed (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJune 14, 2016
I like the review overall and im willing to learn more about it, im willing to work and do things to get to the spot i need to have in the company , i also see oppurtunity from reviewong this quick overview
Pros
Bring it and listen
Cons
Short breaks, constant busy
productive and fun environment
manager / quality control specialist (Former Employee) –  Trexlertown, PAJune 27, 2016
loved the peope and my manager. i moved into management and it was so easy to run because the team work was excellent.
Pros
raises, relaxing but at the same time fast paced
productive
tire handler (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCApril 7, 2016
A typical day at work was like being at the gym. I've learned to work as a team, but as far as the management it could improve as my co-worker we got along just fine. The hardest part of this job is back stacking I really thought nothing was too excited about this job
Good Job!
Dock Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 18, 2016
I think the hardest part of the job is unload or load a trailer of tires when is 90 degrees outside... But I enjoy been able to do different type of task each day, keep me busy and entertaining.
Job location was close to my home. Drive was good.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Terrell, TXMay 18, 2016
Very stressful job. No support from the director a GM must report to. Work hours are long both at the job site & home on the laptop.
Pros
Cons
No a professional company
fun workplace
Loading/Unloading (Former Employee) –  DeKalb, ILJanuary 28, 2016
is to good to in here you just have to do 2 trailers and go home i like this job if you are faster you with 160 in four hours but if you work slow then you will not do enough money for the day you have to be faster is a good job.
Pros
anytime
Cons
theres no time it depends on you
Overall it worked for me.
truck driver (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCNovember 19, 2015
I worked out of the Fayetteville location. Overall the job was ok. You can get plenty of overtime if you want it. And believe me, you will need it in order to make any money. Management is cool. The job is very easy. Overall it worked for me. I must warn all you drivers though, you must know how to maneuver and back a tractor trailer. This is not and I repeat this is not the place to learn or practice. If you don't know what your doing you will not last long there. Very tight place. That's why you will be able to get overtime, because a lot of driver's can't handle it. Pay starts @ 12 hr top pay 14.50 and it does pay time and a half.
Pros
Home every night, benefits, cool management.
Cons
Dirt lot, equipment constantly in shop, not your ideal place to be a yard jockey. You get very dirty. Very big holes in lot.
High paced invironment
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 2, 2015
Not a bad place to work. Good money can be made as long as you work at the right account. Very laid back atmosphere. Not as rigid as some other companies,
Pros
Great customers
Hard Labor, am I getting paid enough though
Freight Handler (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCApril 16, 2015
There are days when half the people on your team don't show up for work leaving the rest of you to pick up the slack. Management will make an effort to do what they can but it's hard getting people to stay. The hardest part of the job if tossing tires for 12 hours a day. Tires can weigh anywhere from 30lbs to what sometimes feel like 85lbs(even though the website says 75lbs). The most enjoyable may or may not be the paycheck you earn every week. While it is possible to make $12-$16/hr, it's not guaranteed. On average, I make $10-$11/hr so far. You're paid by the weight and coming in for overtime doesn't necessarily mean you get paid time and a half. Instead you get paid $9-9.50/hr. Not what the contract says, that is training pay.
Pros
3 breaks. 30minutes each.
Cons
the healthcare provider is outsourced.
Not a good working envoriment
Gantry Loader (Current Employee) –  Lawton, OKJuly 24, 2015
horrible income, bad benefits. You work way harder to then what you get pay, to much drama and bad management. That's pretty much it.
Pros
7 days off
Cons
bad management

Want to know more about Action Logistics?

Ask a question
not good
loader (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCAugust 3, 2015
I hated it , we didn't get paid for the amount of work we did . management talked to you any type of way . just overall wasn't good
Pros
3 breaks
Cons
pay wasnt good
Productive & Almost Stressful Environment
Sleever (Former Employee) –  Moberly, MOOctober 3, 2012
A typical day at work at Action would involve pulling sleeves, and sleeving. Sometimes I did some computer work, and inventory. I learned how to keep an updated inventory and how to manage in stressful situations. Management was a little vague, they used very little communication. My co-workers were friendly & easy to get along with. The hardest part of my job was the days where alot of orders came in late due to miscommunication but the most enjoyable part was definitely the people i worked with.
Fast-paced work environment
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Trexlertown, PAJanuary 25, 2013
A typical day started with collecting the work that needed to be accomplished from the customer and then distributing work accordingly to employees. Daily spreadsheets were used to collect data and pay employees. The hardest part of the job is having to accomodate the needs of our client on the fly while still maintaining steady work flow of daily operations. The most enjoyable part about the was when the work was finished I was permitted to leave, so hard work paid off.
Pros
when the job was finished we could leave.
Cons
benefits were not ideal
productive but poor management
Freight Handler (Former Employee) –  DeKalb, ILApril 21, 2014
i went in at 8am. i was assignd two trucks and had to load and unload those trucks within a eight hour day. the hardest part was loading the trucks because sometimes there were over a thousand tires and to consintantly keep up was physicaly demanding.
Pros
free lunch and overtime
Cons
poor management and they made mistakes a lot on our paychecks.
Pay based on production, hard work but good checks possible
Lumper (Current Employee) –  Gadsden, AlabamaJanuary 10, 2014
Good place to work with friendly people. Requires hard work. You are paid based on how many buggies of tires you load per day. Varies anywhere from 600 to 800 lbs of tires per buggy. This is a subcontractor for the Goodyear tire and rubber plant.
Pros
you decide what your paycheck will be.
Cons
hard labor.
Action Logistics
Courier/Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 18, 2015
Action Logistics has a serious lack of leadership and professionalism. There is no price transparency for the IC's the price quoted before the assignment will not appear on payday.
Management of loading tires
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKSeptember 16, 2014
Attend meetings, provide customer service, check shipment logs, recruiting, administrative actions, training, validating payroll.
Pros
people work hard
Cons
goodyear blames everything on the last person who sees the tires leave the plant.
Production
Superv/ Operations Manager/ Interim GM (Current Employee) –  Lawton, OKOctober 20, 2013
Fast paced environment that is constantly changing that makes an individual adapt.
very challenging
Very good company to work for with a family based environment
Work was easy and boring
Order Puller (Former Employee) –  Stockbridge, GAJanuary 5, 2015
Everyday was typically ok when u first but it gets old co workers where nice and helpful ....job was pretty easy
Good benefits
Gantry Loader (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKJuly 1, 2013
Lots of repetitive work, gets old doing the same thing over and over. The plus side of this job is the benefits, though.
benefits
Cons
lot of work for a little bit of pay

2.9