Join the movement for social and economic justice in Chicago!
Exciting opportunity to work on an innovative campaign to empower workers in the 99 percent to take on the power of the 1 percent. Action Now is a dynamic, membership-led, grassroots organization, building power among low to moderate income people to advance social, economic and racial justice for all. We are looking for passionate community and labor organizers who are committed to working alongside low-wage workers to fight for and win living wage jobs.
Candidates must be big picture focused, have the ability to be positive throughout any challenges faced, and be proactive with finding solutions at all times. Candidate must have the ability to adapt in a rapidly changing campaign atmosphere. Candidate must have a strong work ethic and the ability to perform successfully in a competitive team atmosphere.
Other requirements for the position include but are not limited to:
- 1-3 years of prior labor, political or community organizing experience desired
- Commitment to social justice and immigrant and worker’s rights
- Spanish language fluency, both written and spoken desired
- Direct community & labor organizing, member and leadership development, outreach efforts and base building
- Ability to connect, engage, and inspire people regardless of religion, race, gender, sexual orientation, age, language, class and/or experiences
- Strong and versatile communications skills
- Must be flexible and willing to work long and nontraditional hours, including some weekends
- Must have a reliable car and valid driver’s license
Competitive pay and reimbursement for driving expenses offered. Full health benefits offered after 90 days. Please respond to the job posting with a resume and a cover letter. Inquiries without either will not be considered. Send all job inquiries with subject line - LWWO Organizing Position.