Action Property Management

Action Property Management Employee Reviews

Great Place to work!
Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 20, 2017
At Action, you have a great work/life balance. They are a growing company and are great about advancing the younger employees.

The managers are very knowledgeable and the workplace is a very teachable environment. Everyone all the way to the CEO are nice and personable.

The only negative thing i can say about Action is the benefits are not the best compared to other 'publicly traded' companies. But the composition makes up for that factor :-)
Great Company For Great People
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Marina del Rey, CAJanuary 20, 2017
Action is a great company to work for if you're a great person. The directors & executives recognize talent and are very willing to train & promote from within. There is a strong sense of community & support from the top down.
Pros
Competitive pay & benefits
Cons
N/A
Great place to work!
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 20, 2017
Action Property Management is a great place to work. The company is filled with talented and amazing professionals who do their best to achieve excellence in property management service. The company offers a work/life balance and offers flexibility with the work schedule. The company is rapidly growing so there are numerous opportunities to learn and grow as a professional.
Overall, it is a great working environment!
Pros
Positive work environment with room to learn and grow professionally.
Cons
Health care insurance remains high
Productive and fun work atmosphere
Follow Up Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Irvine CorporateMay 16, 2016
I enjoy working at Action Property Management because the environment is one of the best I have ever worked in. The atmosphere is professional, yet very friendly and fun. My team is hard working and I feel challenged everyday to become a better employee. The hardest part of the job may be to interact with many different types of homeowners. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with my co-workers and helping homeowners.
Pros
Environment, Benefits, Room for growth
Cons
Possible difficult homeowner interaction
Harrassment, bullying, retaliation
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 22, 2017
Assist property managers (18-20) properties. Liked the job duties and property managers. Filed a harassment complaint and was retaliated against. When duties doubled there was no discussion. Did not receive 90-day review as stated in company policy. Did not receive full reimbursement for mileage. Did not receive phone reimbursement. Pay was inadequate for duties and workload.
Pros
Learned much in a short period of time
Cons
Pay, middle management, Human Resources, workload
Like Family and Improving Other People's Lives
Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 20, 2017
Working with the Action Family has been a fantastic, enriching and empowering experience. All Action employees constantly strive to be led by our core values of caring about one another and our clients, being passionate about excellence, embracing innovation from ALL employees and being a team.

We are top of the line in the industry and the reason is due to the way all employees are treated with respect, while having high expectations at the same time.
Fun interactive job with the community
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 24, 2016
Throughout time I have learned to deescalate certain situation. This company goal is to provide a warm welcoming for the tenant or owners of their condos. I love everyone I have gotten the opportunity to work with. The tenants and owners are really nice as well. The most enjoyable part of my job is making connections with others.
Productive day at Corporate Production Service (CPS)
Corporate Production Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 27, 2017
The CPS along with the mail room is a busy place doing filing, sorting, preparing mails, printing, scanning, data entry keying, etc.
Pros
Free breakfast, sweets, supplies from other companies. Lunch potlucks to enjoy people's acquaintances.
Cons
Short breaks
Great team leaders. Helpful all the time
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 23, 2017
Since I've started here I've seen a continuous show of kindness and helpfulness. They always make time to answer any and all questions you may have. Plenty of room for growth.
Fantastic Company, Great Upward Mobility
Manager's Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 28, 2016
I started in this company as a Front Desk Attendant and within a year was in Management. They never shy away from internal hiring, and have some of the best manager's in the world. Great environment, great staff, and good jobs. Enjoyed coming to work everyday.
Pros
Promotions, holiday pay, sick pay, good motto's
Cons
Some staff, Payroll incompetent.
Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXOctober 7, 2016
The company owner is a great boss as well as a great guy. Very motivating and pushes you to be better but also cares greatly for his employees. The company is growing quickly and is something worth striving to be a part of.

Comment – January 20, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. Glad to hear Action's Values of caring about people are being lived out. Have a great 2017!

Nepotism Supreme
Community Care (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CADecember 28, 2016
A typical day at work included walking into the office to sit at my desk and being yelled at almost immediately for not clocking in and getting on the phones fast enough. The community care center had a manager that reported to the Vice Presidents, but said manager rarely did any managing. Instead, we were chastised by a level 2 community care agent that is close personal friends with the CEO.

A typical workload included between 80 and 100 calls including everything from escrow agents threatening to sue me because they didn't order their paperwork on time, to homeowners threatening to sue me because their HOA board was dragging their feet on approving an architectural application, to board members threatening to sue me because we weren't processing their contractor bids and Homeowner fines fast enough. The vast majority of these calls required intervention from the Property Manager, but the Managers were rarely available to take problem calls and we were taken aside for a "private conversation" (without HR present, mind you) if we transferred too many calls, even though training was only watching the aforementioned CEO's friend work for 3 days.

The hardest part of the job was not going home and killing myself. The most enjoyable part of the job was lying to the CEO's friend when she wanted to go home early and stick someone else (trained or not) with the overtime that was her job to cover.

In my short time at Action, I learned not to stick around in an environment of unapologetic nepotism. You will never get your due in this company unless you go to church with the
  more... right people.  less
Pros
Paid on time
Cons
Everything else

Comment – January 20, 2017

Thank you for your feedback.
Our Human Resources policies clearly prohibit preferential treatment.
At Action, we value caring about people. I am sorry you did not feel cared for. As a company, we definitely do not support nepotism--or lying to fellow team members. We believe in open, honest communication in order to resolve issues.
I wish you well in your future endeavors and thank you for your feedback.

Good place to work for a part time person who is a student
Event Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAMay 18, 2016
This place is great, I just need to focus more on pursuing a career in Child Development. Hours are from 12-6pm during summer an hour longer. You plan events, help homeowners, and do clerical work as well.
Pros
Works with School Schedule
Cons
Working Weekends
Beautiful Lobbies
Lobby Ambassador (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 30, 2016
Condominiums are beautiful, and the residents are super sweet. Management needs a lot of work. Too many employees in and out of company.
Pros
Sweet Resident
Cons
No Changing rooms and no appreciation or acknowledge for hard work.
Productive and fun place to work
Office Service Lead (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 19, 2015
Nice and fun place to work, all co-workers are ready to help you and point to better ways of doing your job. Supervisors are always ready to help with your questions and open to suggestions to improve work.
Pros
Celebration of "Week of Employee Appreciation" for all employees
Cons
changes on Heath benefits made some employees loose their family doctors.
The Goldilocks of HOA Management
Manager (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CANovember 11, 2015
Large Enough for Support & Efficiency, yet Small Enough for Flexibility & Teamwork. Action is a phenomenal place to work. Senior Management actually lives out what they say they value--and they make business decisions based on those Values: Care, Excellence, Creativity, and Teamwork. The goal is to provide managers with the best resources and to keep managers from becoming burnt-out.

The values are actually lived out here. Team Members care about people, pursue creativity & excellence, and really work as a team. Go Action!
Pros
Lots of yummy food!
Cons
Busy, busy!
Professionalism
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Los, Angeles, CAMay 1, 2014
The company I am with is a healthy workplace. Since we deal with residents and guests we are always pleasant, and make sure that we are attentive to details. We work with respect to others and being professional in every way - Looks, manners, dependability and work ethics. We provide community that we serve with the best service to make make them feel important, guided, informed and maintain the community's integrity as a good place to live.
The Management is very supportive to the team. It may be an easy job but in case of emergency situations and handling difficult task, to me its the challenging part of my job where dependability takes a vital part and that satisfies me feel my dependability.
Pros
Free Uniform, lunch Breaks, 10 minutes breaks, Birthday leave, Holiday leave, vacation leave
Focused on Customer Service
Front Desk Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 28, 2014
As the Front Desk Supervisor for a High-rise, HOA building, there is nothing more important that ensuring a consistent application of the highest level of customer service achievable. This was my task as an employee for Action Property Management. Each day I was to oversee the running of two reception desks that were staffed 24-7 by a staff of 15 employees. I was responsible for running "quality checks" on the level of Customers Service rendered to our Client and was held accountable to its failings. The most rewarding aspect of this position was discovering and implementing new procedures to streamline the Front Desk operations, train my staff on it's execution and watching as the Client was "wow'd" by a timely, professional and courteous Customers Service Experience. This was only made possible by the support of the Management team over me.
Productive and self oriented.
Access Control Officer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 19, 2013
a Typical day at work, i start my shift log in, check for any information pass down. screen every car that arrives at gate, inform residents of any visitors at the gate. open and close the pool and lounges. inspect for any parking violations and assist any emergency around the premises. its a job that requires to stay focused since there is no management during my shift and you have to take the role of management most of the times.
Pros
by yourself most of the time.
Cons
Graveyards
Amazing
Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  181st Ave Portland, OregonJuly 25, 2014
I loved working for this company,I learned a lot while working for them such as being able to interact with my different people from many different cultures as well. My typical day was going in and start off with landscaping the area and pick up all the garbage, then I would help out with leasing as my super was going on an errand. The hardest part of my job would be is having to tell people that they were denied in moving into our complex. The most enjoyable part of my job would have to be is seeing all the smiling faces from all the people that were living in my complex.
Pros
Free Lunch, Breaks on time
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Action Property Management. Our community is ready to answer.