Action Property Management Employee Reviews

Working at Action
Front desk associate (Former Employee) –  down town los angelesOctober 19, 2017
Working at action was a great experience. i learned to interact more with people and do a lot more multi-tasking. The days were pretty easy all we really had to do was input packages and give them out when they checked them out.
Front desk ambassador
Lobby Ambassador (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 5, 2017
Greeting guests and offering them a beverage, answering phones, handling company inquiries, and sorting and distributing mail. Mail also schedule meetings and travel for executives.
Busy part time work
Word Processor (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 1, 2017
The company managed condominium type properties. I learned about the management involved in running the properties, the types of problems there were. I enjoyed the different manager's writing style for their reports.
Pros
part time hours
Property Management for upscale community built around a Jack Nicholas Signature Golf Course.
Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Murrieta, CASeptember 18, 2017
Maintained all office procedures including issuing resident parking stickers / admission to security gated community. Learned what is involved in maintaining a private community from road repair to building permits. Management was very cooperative. The workplace culture was pleasant and productive. The hardest part of the job was handling unexpected emergencies in the community such as floods and mud slides. The most enjoyable part of the job was being involved with an upward, progressive community and interacting with the homeowners of the same mind set.
Pros
Stable work enviornment
Cons
When a new HOA was hired.
It was a good experience
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 7, 2017
opened my views about the field. helped me realize my full potential. the co-workers was the best part, the bonds and help we all lent each other with the lack of management and leadership.
Good step stool opportunity
Utility Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 16, 2017
Thankful for opportunity. Learned many skills and was able to earn certifications along the way. Can get comfortable and lack of drive. Work place is a slow pace environment and may need some moral build up for employees.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Slow pace environment
Action Property Management
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 2, 2017
Action has a high retention rate and offers fair salary and great benefits. Extremely friendly staff. Coworkers get along really well and they always make coming to work enjoyable. All the while we remain professional and cohesive and always strive to be better. Who wouldn't want to work here?
Pros
Being a manager
Cons
Being a manager
A great company to work for.
Manager Assistant (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 25, 2017
Action is all about caring. They care for the service they provide to the customers. They care about the employees who work for them. They care about the great impact they are able to have on entire communities and they care about taking that responsibility seriously.
Fulfilling Career with many opportunities
General Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 25, 2017
Action is a wonderful place to work. The company’s owners are first class individuals. They have high expectations of their employees but provide you with the resources to be successful and grow. The company culture exhibits a great deal of respect and there is significant support when needed.

Middle management is wonderful as well. My direct supervisor is a very hard worker and lets of this contagious ‘can-do’ attitude.

In any hospitality or management role, there is going to be times when the job is stressful. At Action, you feel that you are part of a wholesome team where we treat our clients with respect but also expect respect back. Additionally, the work-life balance is pretty great. The company is flexible with time off and making sure your batteries are recharged.

Bottom line, I couldn’t imagine working anywhere else.
Pros
Respect for one another, support when needed, great pay
Cons
Can be a little stressful at times, but who doesn't need to be challenged?
Growing company with tons of opportunities...
Operations Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 24, 2017
I've worked at Action for close to two years and I can sincerely say that Action truly hires the best from each field and aims to provide their employees with the support and tools they need to be successful both at work and in their personal lives.

Every employee's work environment is unique so there isn't a cookie-cutter approach to how a typical work day will run but that is part of what is exciting about working in Property Management and with Action.
Long lasting careers can be found here
Marketing (Current Employee) –  CoronaJuly 20, 2017
I began working for Action in 2003 in an entry level position and was offered opportunities to grow within the company. After 10 years I decided to 'see if the grass was greener' with a national competitor and found myself longing for the more professional organization I had left behind. After 18 months I returned to Action in a completely new role and found that long-time employees had purchased the company, and other long-time employees had advanced their careers and even more advancements had been made internally - they never really end actually. Action actually created a position dedicated to making the manager's processes more efficient and user friendly. I also found a more relaxed atmosphere with the CEO & President that were not only receptive to, but welcomed new ideas.

I have been known to actively recruit employees, even though I have no affiliation with Human Resources, simply because I want to 'share the wealth' so to speak. Enjoying who you work with and for is so important to your everyday happiness and health and I can honestly say that I have found my happy place within Action Property Management and plan to be here for a very long time.
Pros
Professional and friendly atmosphere, accessible Executive Team
Cons
Client emails are contstant, sometimes it's hard to stop and go home
Technology driven, Excellence, Caring and Team Work
Junior Executive (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 20, 2017
Every place has room to grow and improve but Action is really striving to be an industry leader and its team members support each other and get to use the best tools in the industry. The company is continually developing and improving their tools to make the job easy for managers. As with any Community Management company, managers sometimes work late to attend meetings but they are compensated with time off. I think overall the pay is generous and there is great support for managers. Every day is different. The company values and pays for a lot of education. There are various levels of checking and proofreading to assure QC. Personally my work load is quite heavy and juggling everything can be very challenging at times. But I don't have to be on call 24/7 like at some companies - there is a rotation for managers to be on call. The community care has a core that seems to stick around, but as can be expected in that role, there is a lot of turnover. Still they do their best to keep the load off the busy community manager. I wouldn't dream of going anywhere else to work. I have worked at about four other companies in my career and this is by far the best!
Pros
Technology, Teamwork, Caring, Passionate about Excellence
Cons
Long hours, Work Load
Action Property Management is a great place to work.
Account Receivable Associate (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 20, 2017
Action Property Management is a great place to work.I say this because I'm challenged each day, motivated to do my best and feel supported by my management team. The training program they offer to new hires is amazing and well put together.
Company provides highest quality of service to clients by setting industry leading standards
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 20, 2017
Action has the best tools available on the Property management Market and employees who are well trained professionals.
I have learned a lot and went through the consecutive training's and seminars conducted by the Executive team members during my employment.
Pros
Encourage employees to continue their professional education by paying for the classes, seminars.
Cons
Positive values and team work
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 20, 2017
I am very happy to be part of Action Property Management. I am also very grateful to learn and live out the Action values to strive to be the best and to deliver high quality services to clients. Action has given me opportunity to grow my management skills by providing continuous in-house trainings and by encouraging to attend industry related events & courses. This has helped me become a better manager and opened door for more opportunities. Most importantly the team I work with are absolutely amazing and always there to help and support to make sure the jobs are well done.
Pros
positive, team work, good pay, opportunites, flexible, share responsibility
Cons
wish to have performance review in timely manner
An amazing team to work with!
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 20, 2017
I love working with Action & it's an opportunity I treasure everyday. We demonstrate team effort immensely & have great positive values that are used, not just written. Everyone's welcomed to be creative & bring their unique skills to life. Enabling you to explore & push yourself to the next level. The support is endless. Everyone welcomes questions with open ears (or monitors). Teaching you & lifting you up. Action educates you & has plenty of tools for you to utilize. I find my self going to bed anxious about the things I want to accomplish the next day & wake excited that the time has come. I enjoy helping people & like knowing that i'm contributing one way or another, in helping people make their house a home. Bringing to life the quote "If you do what you what you love, you'll never work a day in your life".
Pros
Support, values, education, & growth
Great place to work with flexible hours!
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 20, 2017
Action allows for flexible hours in most departments. I truly enjoy and value being able to make my own hours. My supervisor is extremely knowledgeable and understanding and will always jump in and help no matter what the task. Co-workers are friendly, professional and courteous. I enjoy working for Action Property Management.

The only downside to working here, in my opinion, is the dress code. It would be nice to have casual day every day!!! We rarely have visitors and it would be nice to save money on work clothes and dry cleaning.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Office dress code
Great company with great leadership
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 20, 2017
I've worked for a few property management companies and I really enjoy working for Action. The leadership in place is knowledgable, caring, and dedicated. They provide you the support you need to be successful but also allow you the flexibility to do your job the way you know how. There is a lot of integrity in the company and you feel it from community to community.

Department heads are accessible, good processes are in place, and there is opportunity for growth. They're getting bigger which means more opportunity for people that have been there for a while. While no company is perfect, Action is pretty great.
Pros
I work with the best people in the industry
Marquee Park Place
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 7, 2017
Worked for Action for 8 years and the past year has been rough a lot of changes have been a challenge. I handle change well, but my Manager has been under a lot of personal stress and the job has been tough.
No growth
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 6, 2017
This job has a very high employee turnover rate. I wouldn't recommend this job to anyone. I have been at this job for 8 months so far and that is surprising alone.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Action Property Management. Our community is ready to answer.