ActioNet Employee Reviews

Review
PROJECT ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 19, 2016
I enjoy my job as a project analyst. I have learned several tasks since starting this position including report management. I have also learned to become more detail orientated and a better multitasker. I enjoy all of my co-workers and have learned more than I could ever ask from all of them.
Good Place to Work
Linux Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Lanham, MDNovember 12, 2016
Good place to work. Benefits are okay. Nice supervisor. I didn't work with other ActioNet employees at my job location so I can't tell say much about ActioNet employees and work environment. However I can say that I had a very good team who work together very well.
Excellent, fun, professional, workplace.
Deputy Program Manager/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJune 11, 2016
I have worked there for 6.5 years and and have moved up multiple times, I was given opportunities to expand my abilities and the training is awesome. There is great communication and the management is very approachable and are great listeners. I am going to miss them, they have become part of my family.
Pros
Excellent environment, great people, well compensated.
Cons
Fun workplace, engaging work, continuing education.
Network Support Technician (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 25, 2016
Great workplace. Lots of time to continue your education whether through certifications or college. Lots of hands on experience with Redhat/Linux. Good benefits. Co-workers are fun and energetic.
Pros
Good education budget
Actionet
Network Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Scott AFB, ILSeptember 7, 2016
Employment was good, unfortunately contract ended. I have no complaints about company, and happy they gave me the opportunity to work for them. I would encourage anyone given the opportunity to work for them that it's not a bad move at all.
Benefits
Productive place to work
Nationwide Desktop Support Manager (Former Employee) –  US Department of TransportationNovember 10, 2016
Great company to work for. Provides education and career advancement. Co-workers are motivated and management are always seeking new technology and avenues for improvement.
Overall Great place
Network Manager /Lead Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Vienna, VAJune 28, 2016
Great QWL and Owner takes and active interest in the employees and their work. Most work is contract work with the Gov. This might be demanding but if you are up for the challenge this is the place to work
Fast growing gov't contracting company
Master Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 16, 2016
Fast growing gov't contracting company supporting CMS. Gov't contracting has special complications. Be willing to change your day to day work load as needed.
Pros
Good work/life flexibility
Cons
Growing very fast
Good Company to work for
Automation Engineer (Selenium) (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 6, 2016
Good company to work, very good staff and very helpful when come to addressing isuess with the client and great beneifits
Good Plac
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCMay 9, 2016
I liked working here and the management was good. When my contract was over, HR very slow to respond which was a little frustrating.
Very isolated not inclusive
U.S. Department of Energy, Germantown, MD (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VAAugust 30, 2015
The CEO tried to make it a nice environment, however, my direct coworkers were not willing to share information and answer questions; felt very isolated and excluded. Didn't share information. Not willing to answer questions.
Pros
Free coffee, keurig machine, pizza lunches
Cons
Clickish; not supportive;
Dissapointed
Business Analyst/Quality Analyst (Former Employee) –  Woodlawn, MDOctober 9, 2015
The atmosphere in this company is so negative and uncomfortable. Upper management is really out of touch with day to day operations.
Better than average small business
Senior Cyber Security Subject Matter Expert (Current Employee) –  Vienna, VAJanuary 29, 2014
ActioNet was the best out of the 4 small companies I have worked for in my career. Their compensation is adequate. There is some corporate planning to continue growth, and advancement is possible for those individuals looking to grow. My days were on client site (Dept of Energy), and I worked in a Program Management Office, where each day was different and challenging.
Pros
Advancement Opportunities
Cons
Human Resources staff were not always proactive.
Lousy pay with no advancement
Systems Analyst, Associate (Current Employee) –  Germantown, MDApril 14, 2013
You might get some pay when you first show up, but don't ask for a raise later. It isn't going to happen. Policies and procedures are never in your favor, and don't think about promotions either. Oh, sure, you may get a new position with new responsibilities, but don't expect any additional rewards.
Pros
job security
Cons
pay, benefits, bureaucracy
A lot of politics and favoritism
Support (Current Employee) –  Vienna, VAJanuary 28, 2014
This company has a lot of politics. Even if you are doing your work efficiently, the senior personnel in your team want you to do their duties too that are above your skill level and pay grade - I am a team player, and promote team work, but if seniors are reluctant to assist you and do nothing look busy attitude - then nothing much can be accomplished.
No job security at all
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  ViennaSeptember 28, 2011
When your project is gone for whatever reasons, don't expect this company will help you find another internal project. Instead they will let you go. This is a like a one-project only company. Managers do not even want to say "thanks for your hard work" when you are leaving.
No job advancement
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 9, 2014
No chance of job advancement. No one really listens to the employees demand. The management is greedy and don't care about the employees.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Salary is not competitive. Employees do not get promoted.
HR Department
Information Analyst - Department of Energy (Current Employee) –  Vienna, VAMarch 24, 2015
Worse HR department in my entire work history. Upper management and the HR department will stick together no matter of the situation.
OK Company to work for
Sr. Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJJuly 18, 2014
This was your average IT Support position. Salary was good, benefits were not that great and management seemed to be missing the boat on employee communications.
okay place to work
MD (Former Employee) –  Fr. MeadeAugust 27, 2012
It is awesome place to work learning new things every day and helping people with there problems. the job is fun also my co - wokers are willing to give an helping hand at an giving time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ActioNet. Our community is ready to answer.