Actionlink Employee Reviews

Easily manageable around my schedule
Field Representative (Current Employee) –  Lawton, OKAugust 29, 2016
The pay is fine but I don't receive many hours. I am able to schedule my own work times and manage it how I see fit. Some times depending on the job it requires me to travel quite a bit. I have to make sure I work with a lot of the store managers.
Pros
Works around my schedule.
Cons
Very little to almost no benefits
Being Sales Rep isn't too shabby
Intel sales rep (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WaAugust 23, 2016
Good work environment depending on which store you're at. Hands off management, able to see fruits of labor through each sale and pizza celebration event.
Pros
good pay $15pr hr in Bellevue
Cons
Requires a lot of self learning
Vibrant and Productive Workplace
Mobile Device and Sales Specialist - Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fullerton, CAJuly 16, 2016
Working with AL is a freeing. In a sense you are your own boss and manage yourself accordingly. Your superiors are extremely helpful and the pay is very competitive.
Low pay, lots of wear on my car
Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJune 20, 2016
My typical day
- Drive to six big box retail stores, a 200 mile daily round trip on average
- Clean product, document products on display, take pictures of products, install, repair, or tear down displays, engage management and employees in stores
]
Management was great
Pros
Friendly poeple
Cons
wear and tear of car
Easy Job
Electronic Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  San Angelo, TXJune 20, 2016
All you do is schedule when you can make store visits, submit your surveys from the store, take picures, and submit. This job is easy, and you can make some nice gas money with this job if you do it part time. Schedule multiple jobs in one day to maximize your paycheck. If you fail to submit surveys for a few days after your visit, DM will call/email to see if you still work for them. Overall, this isn't a bad part time or full time job to have.
Pros
Easy schedule, paid training, no manager to report to
Cons
Hourly wage isnt accurate
Easy sales
Sales/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXJune 3, 2016
Company was new to area so they weren't very organized. It was a great experience overall. Easy electronics sales. Great pay.
The people are great, the executive team is a Joke
Corporate (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJune 1, 2016
The company could be a good place to work. The core people are great and dedicated. The executive team is a joke. They have no idea how to run a company. The company is constantly on the verge of economic ruin and semi-annual layoffs are the norm. Because of all of the layoffs, the remaining staff is forced to do the work of 2-3 other people. Because of that, unreal expectations are put on them and they are forced to work 50+ hours a week and routinely at night and on the weekends.The benefits are laughable. If you are looking for longevity, or the sense management cares about you, look elsewhere. At Actionlink, the employees are just a means to an end.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Awful management, horrible benefits, Extended hours, Unattainable deadlines
Poorly Managed
Assisted Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Attleboro, MAMay 26, 2016
The company is interesting and the hours are great in Q4. They expect you to sell units if you are an ASR, but there's no commission. You never really know where you stand because you're only working 10-16 hours per weekend and the sales made during the week for the product you represent are counted as your sales because you help to influence actual store employees. Great way to network and build friendships but you never really know who your leaders are and the numbers they ask you to hit are arbitrary at best. Measurable performance is kind of a joke. Most of the time you can just show up and you'll be paid.
Pros
Good work hours, fairly easy money
Cons
No set expectations nor feedback from Management.
Very flexible
Electronics Merchandising Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 10, 2016
Flexible work environment that is technology based. Offers training online that meets the most demanding schedules. Great place to work for someone looking to supplement their income.
i loved it
Sony Audio Sales Specialist Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 6, 2016
great place to be. i loved working in the flied. i love the fact that you can be your own boss. i loved being able to work from home as well as in the field. it was a great learning experience for me.
A good company to work for
Moblie Repair/Sales Representative/Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Stanton, CAMarch 29, 2016
Its a very good company to work for if you primarily want a part time job. Management is very understanding but a bit pushy for results sometimes. The projects available are a hit or miss sometimes.
Just accept the job so you can get paid for the training then split
Electronics Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXMarch 29, 2016
"This is a very part time job" said the recruiter that called me after sending in my application a few days prior. First thing is you have to have your assignments done between certain hours during certain days, so the whole you can make your own schedule thing is not actually real. They are very inconvenient times especially if you're a student. The next thing is travel. You don't get paid for any travel time unless it's from one business to the next and the districts are actually pretty large. My district spanned 50 miles so if I had a job 50 miles away they wouldn't pay the mileage to get there and back. Let me make it clear that they only pay you mileage if you go from one business to another business. Not from your house to a business and then home again. The training is a joke. You are conference called in on a website where they explain to you nothing and they give you no information except dress code. Khakis, solid polo and black shoes. Then after that they really just throw you into the field. I showed up on my first assignment and had no clue what I was doing. I'm pretty sure I just showed up and left cause I didn't know what I was supposed to do. And the hours you work is dependent on your district I averaged about 3 hours a week in mine. They also make you sell b.s. that you don't even know what it is. Another thing you have to have is a printer cause they want you to print out your assignments. Basically if you can fend for yourself and don't mind low low pay and no money for mileage, this is just for you.
Pros
Cons
No training, no compensation, very little hours, poor management
Not the place to work if you need a steady income.
Sales Representative/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  VirginiaMarch 15, 2016
This is a good place for just extra spending money but not reliable enough to have steady paychecks. Some weeks you could have 10 projects and others could be none at all. The district manager I worked with was unprofessional and difficult to contact. This job requires a lot of driving but driving compensation was not enough to make up for it. Overall, my experience with Actionlink was not good and I wouldn't recommend this job to anyone.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Lack of work, unprofessional management, lack of communication
Prosperous company in it's day
Merchandising/Merchandising Plus/Market Lead (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHFebruary 3, 2016
Actionlink gave me the opportunity to travel all over the east coast servicing electronic displays for multiple retailers. I enjoyed the challenges of troubleshooting computers, televisions and many different types of media. However for me compensation became more unstable and unpredictable over the years.
More sales than repair
Electronics Merchandising Specialist (Former Employee) –  New England areaJanuary 9, 2016
They make out like this is a normal "field tech" job where you go to a location and make repairs. What they try their best to hide until the last minute is that half your time is being a "brand ambassador" meaning you have to be a salesman and harass store employees with "pop quizzes" about products you yourself hardly know anything about.
Another thing is that you won't get the territory you apply for. They tried to assign me to a territory half-way accross the state after I had applied to an ad that was for my town of residence. If they paid travel expenses it wouldn't matter much, but they won't pay you a dime until you get to your first job for the day, and won't pay when you leave your last one either. Total waste of time for me, at least I got paid for the training.
Pros
Fairly flexible schedule, work at your own pace, nobody watching over your shoulder.
Cons
Sales, Unpaid travel expenses, Sales, Low pay for industry, Sales, Zero job security, did I mention sales?
would like more hours
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Rochester Hills, MIDecember 9, 2015
I really enjoy working with the customers and promoting name brands to help people make their lives more enjoyable. Wish it could be a full time position.
Steady Day to day routine
Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Akron OhioDecember 8, 2015
I have been thankful to be employed and to have a job. Unfortunately the pay is low and hard work goes unnoticed. lots of potential but most is still in the raw stages. The company would do well to cultivate and promote/notice success and hard work.
Pros
Great work and life balance.
Short term
Sales & Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHOctober 8, 2015
Actionlink is a fairly good company to work for, aside from pretty low wages. As a merchandising rep, you work alone within your territory at numerous 'big box' stores and do a variety of tasks such as: audits, assemble (interactive) displays troubleshoot (interactive) displays, act as a brand ambassador, and at times perform 'assisted sales'. You make your own schedule typically, are assigned jobs weekly or monthly, and report daily online, often with photos. Minimal contact with your supervisor, little to no training required, technical assistance is available when needed for assembly or troubleshooting of displays. The pay starts pretty low, but for an entry level job its not bad.
Pros
flexible schedule, neutral management, lots of variety in tasks
Cons
no benefits, mileage on personal vehicle (although quasi reimbursed), not much feedback from management, low advancement opportunity
Joke of a position, joke of a company.
Electronics Sales Specialists (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis, MOJuly 12, 2015
These people have their heads up their collective butts. Sony should be embarrassed to let this company sport their name on their shirts. 1st week (READY TO GO FULL-TIME) told you could only train (work) for a total of 10 hours!!! Then told your training pay is $9.00, that only your in store wage is $17.00 is while your inside BestBuy. They have multiple and/or similar name websites (square peg-round hole) that make navigating an initial nightmare. In the meantime like other departments or people HR does not answer the phone or call you back. Cannot find out when you will get paid or how much. Run don't walk away, the survey's they want you to fill out after every shift will make you laugh. I especially like the one how many people did you train today when you have not been fully trained yourself... Your supervisor should not have to keep apologizing to the TEAM for her inept people above her.
Pros
I left!
Cons
ActionLink oversold their capability to Sony.
look some another job
merchandiser (Former Employee) –  new yorkJuly 8, 2015
poor management ,nobody knows who is the district manager in the company,no benefits or any bonus,slow payroll.you have to drive one store the another store for 15 min job and you dont get enough pay for your driving time,no job training ,they want you to go out (target,walmart,sears )by your self change 70" samsung tv or heavy appliances with out no help,i do not recommend actionlink.
Cons
no benefits, no bonus or raise

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Actionlink. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7