Job Duties include, but are not limited to:
1. Review patient records for timeliness, completeness, accuracy, and appropriateness of health data
2. Organize and maintain data
3. Electronically record data for collection, storage, analysis, retrieval, and reporting
Protect patients’ health information for confidentiality, authorized access for treatment, and data security
4. Assisting Medical Director with all aspect of collecting, digitizing and storing medical records.
5. Reviews medical records for completeness and to abstract and code clinical data, such as diseases, operations, procedures and therapies, using classification systems.
6. Enter data, such as demographic characteristics, history and extent of disease, diagnostic procedures and treatment into computer.
7. Protect the security of medical records to ensure that confidentiality is maintained.
8. Follow up with Physicians office to obtain medical records and outstanding items.
- Associates Degree in health information technology and certification as a Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT); or three years’ experience working with medical records in a health care setting desired.
- Experienced operating/administrating a medical records system.
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Analytical skills
- Technical skills
- Interpersonal skills