Active International Employee Reviews in United States

I enjoy working at Active International
Guest Relations Coordinator/HR Assistant Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Pearl River, NYMay 27, 2016
All Pro's, no cons about Active International. A great creative and collaborative environment to work in. I have been here almost 3 years now and I'm glad I came to work with such great people.
Pros
creative, collaborative, fun and young working environment
World of Trade
Media Market Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pearl River, NYJune 29, 2015
This company was so interesting to work for. They deal with trade and I had never worked like that so it was great learning that type of business.
Pros
Learned about trade
Cons
Very long hours
as an assistant
Media Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pearl River, NYJune 3, 2015
usual buy maintenance, logs , contracts, rep correspondence
work checked by managers, invoice matching as well.
managers play favorites, and not much room for advancement.
Pros
snack lounge, additional time off
Cons
lack of advancement, favoritism
Good Media/Barter company
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Pearl River, NYApril 2, 2014
This is a fast-paced media company that actually barters for media spots. Interesting concept. Employees offered great training advantages and work environment.
Productive, fun, friendly environment
Accounts Receivable Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, NYJuly 27, 2013
I learned the new updated software at work called Oracle and it was very user friendly. The staff there was helpful, friendly and it became like a second home. This job was an amazing learning experience for my career down the road.
Pros
full one hour lunches, bbq at the job once a year, and yearly raises
Cons
expensive healthcare, small departments, too many layoffs
Terrible Place to work
Media Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pearl River, NYOctober 10, 2012
Brainless managers
Terrible business
Horrible pay
Micro managed
Productive and great work place to learn and advance
Shipping Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Pearl River, NYSeptember 6, 2012
A typical day at work here at Active simply involve me handling all shipping and maintaince throughout the company. This can change on a daily basses due to how busy company is at the time, but i am fit to work on many projects at once. Ive learned so much at this company, one being more self sefficient, pro-active and people friendly. Also ive learned programs like Exel ,security systems, ups worldship and fedex shipping systems. We have people come and go in our mailroom and i have trained many to work in a timely pace and get things done in a proper manner. The hardest part of my job at the time is keeping tabs with all departments as far as getting invoices paid on time. I may have to seek out which employee has shipped or used our companies account number and properly charge each department. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping others when needed leaving my co-workers at a comfortable state of mind.
Pros
on time, hard worker, friendly personality, and fast learner
Exciting Environment
Assistant Media Buyer for TV (Former Employee) –  Pearl River, NYAugust 2, 2012
Active International was a very exciting place to work and no day was ever the same. I learned the back end of advertising and how TV commercials worked and when were the best times to advertise for specific things based on the general population. The unfortunate part of the job was job security when the company had to have different rounds of lay offs and many people lost their jobs due to the economy and the company not doing so well.
A Good Place to Start
Media Coordinator - National Broadcast (Current Employee) –  Pearl River, NYJune 16, 2012
I work in the National department and the hours are fine (8:30-5:30) but depending on the time of year you could be working a lot of overtime. The good thing though is that your overtime is paid which a lot of companies do not offer. You have a lot of exposure to different clients and learn a lot about media buying and planning. It is a barter company so on top of learning the industry, you're also able to learn how to integrate trade into the traditional cash only deals. Management is the area that is the least impressive. No leadership skills and they are not very approachable. You work hard but you don't always get recognized or compensated as such. However, my co-workers are great and get me thru the day. The work itself is not too hard but managing the workload can sometimes be a challenge.
Over all positive and successful.
Support Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Pearl River, NYMay 12, 2012
Typically, the day would consist of communicating with clients regarding on-air/on-line promotions for on air campaigns. Management helped to grow my experience and education in the field. The hardest part of the job is the commute, I currently live over an hour away from the office. Most enjoyable part is working with the clients.

Active International Reviews by Location