Active Network Employee Reviews in United States

Productive fun place with ping pong tables and indoor park
Corporate Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 22, 2016
It was a great workplace and environment. The recruiting team took an enthusiastic approach to recruiting in building teams from within. I definitely recommend this place for anyone who is trying to start a new career.
Good Work Envirnment
Participant Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Frostburg, MDAugust 16, 2016
The work is pretty easy for the pay. The management is very supportive, the coworkers are pleasant. There is a lot of room for advancement.
Pros
Cons
Short Breaks
Productive employment
Reservation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYAugust 12, 2016
This is a very busy work environment, with non stop incoming calls. I learn alot every day, so that keeps it interesting. The hardest part of the job is the constant non stop incoming telephone calls.
Great co-workers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Frostburg, MDAugust 10, 2016
Annual Holiday lunch each year was great. The contracts work great for the college students from Frostburg State as some of the contracts open early and stay open late.
Supportive Staff
Travel Agent (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 6, 2016
Working in a @ home environment was the best. Employees were great and very close knit environment. Supervisors are very involved and are willing to help.
Pros
Laid back environment
Cons
No advancement
Decent place to work
Participant Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Frostburg, MDJune 17, 2016
Decent place to work. Worked there part-time for 8 months while I was finishing my undergrad. Flexible hours and straightforward job.
productive helping campers with any information
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  world wide work at homeJune 13, 2016
I enjoyed working for this company the training was very instructional step by step a lot of support from the company i enjoyed working at home it was cost efficient i had the freedom and peace of mind working from home not so much stress and saved money on commuting back and forth and i my family can come home for dinner on time.
Pros
save in transportation, determined to do the job, structure
Cons
lunch at home, saving on lunch cost be home when my children come from school
Great place to work. Fun people who still handle their business.
Market Development Representative (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TX 75201April 18, 2016
I have worked there for almost a year and a half and have had some great times. I am considering other options now because I feel like better opportunities have opened up.
productive work place
Home, Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Work at HomeApril 9, 2016
Enjoyed this company, good environment to work in. It allowed me to do what I love, and that's to help and assist customers.
Work Culture & Environment horrible
Client Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 5, 2016
Work in Hunt & Fish and the manager doesn't even talk to tier 1 he only responds and speak to tier 2. There are no incentive plan nor do they care anything about the reps.Work schedules are the worst and the pay sucks when you are full time might as well be a seasonal they get paid 2 dollars more....This is the worst experience I have had as a rep in my life....

Want to know more about Active Network?

Ask a question
N/a
Client Application Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 14, 2016
Good company to work for, alot of benefits. People are very nice and want to see you succeed. Needs better health insurance.
Purchased ALS, then worked at disbanding our department.
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Menard TexasJanuary 24, 2016
Upon purchase of Automated License Systems, it became apparent that management intended to disband our development department. This was probably due to the fact that the system we supported was not something the company desired to maintain. However, they did not have a viable alternative for the customer base. A systematic attempt to make working there more difficult and less rewarding insured. We requested to be included in development efforts that were more mainstream in the company, but were thwarted. Ultimately I resigned.
Productive and Fun Work Environment with ping pong table
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 12, 2016
Work atmosphere is great! Management not so. Havent had a manager in about a month and looking to raise quotas for next quarter even though 20% only hit them last quarter
Great office but high attrition rates
qa engineer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 10, 2016
R&D is mostly in China therefore after hours meetings are expected to collaborate with teams in China. Co-workers are great to work with but all are over worked.
was a fun job to work with customers all over the country
Reservation agent (Former Employee) –  NewYorkJanuary 5, 2016
I loved this job. The customers and co workers were great! the only down side was At&t didn't have stable phones lines due to making my job duties difficult to preform as needed.
Excellent work culture, slim-advancement possibilities
IT Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 3, 2015
Great corporate culture that has the matching amenities in its workplace. Very little room to grow within its small groups. Profit centrist business approach. Leadership communication is deceptive. Most enjoyable part is the people I got to work with, the worst part of this job was how abrupt it ended and without warning.
Pros
Free snacks and drinks
Cons
Unstable employment enviroment
pleasant management
PSR (Current Employee) –  Frostburg, MDNovember 29, 2015
Nice place to work,good training program, and management. Co-workers are friendly and helpful. Good benefits and retirement. They have fun within in the company for special occasions.
Pros
Nice and Friendly
Cons
shifts, and sitting long periods of time
Liked job. Parking is bad.
Call Center Reservation Agent - Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYNovember 8, 2015
Working on the phones with clients was extremely enjoyable. Maximum attention to detail required. Ability to work among multiple computer screens and drop down menues highly recommended. Client transactions are timed and counted. Most positions are seasonal. Direct supervisors and management are very accessable and easy to work with. Can be slow or very busy, bring a book for down time.
Pros
Fun job.
Cons
Seasonal, bad parking, a lot of background noise.
It was an interesting experience learning about the different state parks and recreational facilities.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 22, 2015
It was a learning experience. I learned where a lot of our most popular parks and forests are. The management was not aware of the things going on in the facility. My supervisor was excellent, but others seemed to not care.
Interesting job, but not the place for me
Reservation Agent (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYAugust 17, 2015
Being only here three months, I didn't have much experience going into the job.

Active Network is a call-center type of business, where my job was to make reservations at campgrounds both locally and across the United States.

I spent a week in training for customer service, and while management was experienced, personable and caring, the customers on the other end of the phone were not all too nice.

Basically, if you've got thick skin, love to talk, can whip through programs and information faster than your brain can think, then this is the job for you.

But if you're easy to get discouraged, want to sit at a job that's not guaranteed to move you in to a more permanent, stable position, keep looking.
Pros
Great training

2.9