Active Network Employee Reviews

productive, fun to work
HR representative, Hiring Manager (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NY 12866June 23, 2017
I enoyed my time at active network. Every day was different, and I liked the flexibility that had with my work schedule. it is fun to work there. I am sad to go.
Great place
Reservation Agent (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 23, 2017
Love the staff fast paced environment get overtime in spring and summer months take lots off calls always learning new contracts must be a fast learner
Nice people to work with and not a bad company
IT employee (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 13, 2017
The location downtown is nice and most people at the company are great. The drawback is that micro-management is done through intimidation. "If you don't get it done you're fired." If you make a mistake your you get threatened with losing your job.
They try and counter that with Beagle Friday's.
If you are starting out ACTIVEnetwork would be a nice place to start.
Pros
Lots of different things to work on and learn.
Cons
Management by intimidation.
Wonderful Job with Wonderful People
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Celina, TNMay 24, 2017
I loved working here. The management at my location and above my location were exceptionally knowledgeable in this company and all parts of it. Sadly the company got relocated and I had to draw unemployment.
Fun place and environment!
Marketing Development Representative (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 16, 2017
Great place to work! I would recommend this place to anyone! Great opportunities in the Sales Endurance Department, great incentives for goal achievers.
Pros
Treats employees well.
Cons
Only a Temporary employee.
Very high paced and rewarding
SENIOR DESKTOP SUPPORT (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 10, 2017
Working in the IT department there is never a lull in your workday. Supporting multiple offices globally keeps you on your toes. The culture here is very outgoing, friendly.
Fun Work Environment but Dead End
Any (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 21, 2017
When you walk into Active Network's offices in downtown Dallas you are immediately greeted with a fun working environment but as the benefits go that's where it ends. The 401K is a joke & the medical benefits are mediocre. They start you off with 3 weeks of PTO which is nice. This place offers little advancement opportunity and the stress levels are not worth the pay or the commute to downtown. Either you fight horrible traffic to get to work and pay to park your vehicle or you mess with disgusting Dart train. Neither option is ideal. I have never had to pay to go to work. One of the many benefits of being in downtown along with the increasing homeless population.
Pros
Free Fountain Drinks, Bagel Fridays, 3 Weeks of PTO
Cons
Location, 401K, Stress Level
Too much work for the pay
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 14, 2017
Your efforts mean nothing to upper management. While managers and supervisiors are appreciative of your efforts and commitment to the job. To Upper management you are just a warm body in a chair. Years of service dedication to the job and because of a raise in the minimum wage several employee are now earning minimum wage the same as new hires yet do at least 3 times the work. As new accounts are brought ini they are expected to learn the account and assists the customers. Without any additional compensation. Pay increases are not based on your actual merits or achievements, nor do they reflect your asset to the department.
Pros
Casual dress
Cons
Everything Elsa
Na
Java Lead Developer (Current Employee) –  Chengdu, ChinaMarch 11, 2017
it's a great company for balance work and life, and it update its tech stack quickly, there are many talent guys work together, in a word, it's a good company for balance work ang life.
Great People
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Frostburg, MDMarch 9, 2017
I loved working with the FRTIB sector and loved all those I worked with. Left this job for one closer to home and less of a commute with a m-f 9-5 schedule
Pros
people
Cons
winter
Active Network, Frostburg Maryland
Personal Service Representative (PSR) (Former Employee) –  Frostburg, MDMarch 8, 2017
Good Place to work if you want to be an accountant. Not hands on type. Good pay.Good people to work with. Location is great. Management team is great and training helps alot when you first start the job.
Pros
Lunch room for lunch time
Cons
Short breaks
The job is really fun and the people are warm an welcoming.
Reservation Agent (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 23, 2017
The job is really fun and the people are warm an welcoming. It was a joy helping people plan and book their vacations.

The hours are very random and decline drastically after the peak season is over. They don't set schedule in a way to allows for a second job. Also no possibility of just working weekends. Several bugs in the systems.
Fun place, full of some corporate over site
Client Application Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 8, 2017
The office in Dallas is AMAZING, and the perks are all awesome. Sometimes the actual job loses its focus due to micromanagement. As tier 2 techs we were not informed when product roll outs where coming which would spike call volume and we were left ill prepared and under researched.
Pros
Great coffee selections, ping pong, bean bags, in office store
Cons
Micro managing to the point of ineffectiveness
Decent Short-term, Long-term Nightmare
Senior Representative (Current Employee) –  Frostburg, MDJanuary 12, 2017
I worked for Active Network under the FRTIB contract in Frostburg, MD for 3 years. The first year was an adjustment but overall, a decent position. The second and third year of my employment was frustrating. Supervisors and team leaders are petty and childish. There is little room for advancement. Problem solving skills are not valued. You are not compensated for the level of dedication, intelligence, and abilities they require.
Pros
Paid vacation, weekends off.
Cons
poor healthcare, childish environment, lack of advancement opportunities.
Great customer service experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 11, 2017
Coming to Active Network I had never done call services before. It was a bit overwhelming but the team was very inviting which helps a lot. It defiantly teaches you how to remain patient when dealing with angry customers because you do get a lot of them.
very great experience
CSR (Former Employee) –  Celina, TNJanuary 9, 2017
loved working here met some very interesting people while i was assisting them on the phone with their issues.learned how to handle many situations dealing with people on the phone alot better as well
Great Culture
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 7, 2017
Best culture of any company I have worked for. I would highly recommend for any sales professionals looking for entry level positions and ongoing development.
MIcromanagement to the max
Development Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 2, 2017
Typical day - VP (2 levels above PM's) attends ALL meetings; tells PM's what they should be doing and how to do it

We manage our projects through knee jerk reactions and threats of termination.My team members worked through the holidays and PTO to mitigate a delay caused by pulling all project resources to another project earlier in the year.

I've learned a lot though. ETL, database configuration, web development, credit card processing and UI development are some of the areas I manage in my project.

My coworkers, specifically my immediate manager, are great. I do miss the camaraderie I've had in the past. There are no group lunches or activities.

The most enjoyable part of this job is working with the client.
Pros
Bagel Friday, transportation stipend, office is very Millenial
Cons
Benefits are lacking, work life balance (lack of), open office environment, investment banker ownership
Active Network
Service Resolution Team (Current Employee) –  NYDecember 30, 2016
I enjoy the opportunity to work from home. This is a real work from home job and they send equipment to use. Customer Service position that has clear cut policies and practices makes this job easy to do. Hours are flexible to some degree. If you need a low paying work at home job, this is a good fit. Being paid less than $10 for providing 32+ contract support, yet each new one that add, doesn't result in more pay, just more work. On board training is great but learning new contracts consists of a review of a PDF file. Little to no contact with supervisor (pro and con)
Pros
work from home, set schedule, breaks and lunch, real paycheck with taxes taken out
Cons
low pay, doesn't reimburse for internet or phone line, minimal raises for taking on extra work, no benefits
Great place to work from home for
Customer Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYNovember 2, 2016
I love my job here. The training could be a bit better but honestly I learn best by being hands on and that is how I have learned most of what I know from this job. The only downfall is the money could be a bit better in my department for all the things we do. I currently am in purchase problems and the training doesn't prepare you for the computer training you have to do with vendors. The manuals are so out of date its sad and most of the time it has to be passed to higher up technical support to get completed because we in the purchase problems department don't have access to be able to remote in and do more for the vendors. Honestly my biggest complaint is feeling like I don't know what I am doing when it comes to the training's we have to do..
Pros
Call volume, great management team, understanding when it comes to kids
Cons
Only part time, money could be better

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Active Network. Our community is ready to answer.