Active Network Employee Reviews

Needs Improvement In leadership Structure & Honesty With Customers
Registration Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 7, 2018
On the surface everything may seem to be good, but the thing to look out for is the lack of infrastructure when it comes to leadership.
Deceiving customers in order to gain business or keep business is another thing that I have a problem with.
Pros
Free cofee & refreshments, and great work life flexibility.
Cons
Poor morale, and high turnover in leadership, retention quotas, and dishonesty with customers.
No sick days. No raises.
Management Training (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 2, 2018
You can work there 10 yrs and you will still make minimum wage. There is no raises, no sick days, no time off, and no benefits. Training management required tedious scheduling of my time and preparation. Where they hired me making 10.00 an hour and when I left I was still making $10.00 an hour. No time off is allowed at least for my position in training. If one takes time off you get warnings. I was sick of being treated like dirt so I left a few years ago in 2015.
Pros
Nice managers and people that work there.
Cons
Minimum wage, no raises, no sick days, no time off, and no benefits.
Interesting Place to Work
Reservation Agent (Current Employee) –  Springs, NYDecember 5, 2017
This a work from home internet based position, where you train on the internet with qualified supervisors, and team leads.
They teach you how and what to do in making reservations for camping.

You are always kept updated via the internet and the phone. Supervisors are friendly and easy to talk to, not only about work, but even if you have other problems.

It is a good company to work with. I am just ready to meet people face to face and get out of the house,
Pros
No commute, can work from any place that is quiet and has internet and phone hook ups.
Cons
Short breaks, isolation and no excuses with out 3 days notice
Fun place to work
Employee (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 7, 2017
Good company with a nice environment. Lots of chance for advancement. Good people. good downtown location with lots of employee events to keep you busy.
Best place to work
Customer Service Agent - Call Center (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYOctober 12, 2017
I had a blast working for Active Network! It was fun helping people plan their vacations and helping them with their individual needs. I recommend this job to others!
Pros
very flexible
Cons
nothing!
Do not want to comment
Unknown (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COOctober 8, 2017
Everything was fine. Day was fine, management was fine in general. Direct manager was good. Culture was fine. Pay was low. Fun team though, had a lot of team building.
Pros
team
Cons
pay
good company to work for
Reservationist/WAH (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAOctober 5, 2017
i enjoyed my time with active network. hoping to work for them again. plenty of overtime they work with you when you need time off they provide the equipment
It's ok
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 4, 2017
It's alright. I've had better, I've had worse. They say there's a lot of advancement, this isn't true. The pay is great.....for kids right out of college.
Everything is great
Client Application Specialist/ IT Support (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 2, 2017
Cant complain the best job I have ever had! Very chill and relax, was only hired seasonally though :-(, Soda machine is awesome, Super great coffee a machine, most employees are friendly and supportive
A call center with emphasis on customer service.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Frostburg, MDSeptember 1, 2017
Active Network is a company that delivers great customer service through its government contract with the Thrift Savings Plan. The training is fairly comprehensive before the service representative has to start taking calls, and the training doesn't really stop after taking calls. Every week there is a sort of ten question quiz that is handed out in order to keep service representatives knowledgeable. The best part of the job is that most of the callers have good temperaments, and occasionally are pretty fun to talk to.
Pros
Decent amount of paid time off, free coffee in break room.
Cons
Short breaks, hand written time log
What they say is not what you get
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 28, 2017
I asked specific questions in my interview as to the role I would be taking and what I would be doing. When I got on the floor, that was not the case.
There is not a paid ramp up period, so to start getting commission takes about 6 months... if not more.
They pump you up and talk about all the "wonderful" things during training, but that all goes away once training is over.
I was excited to start working here, but now it's the biggest regret ever!
If you are straight out of college and need to get your feet wet, go for it. If you are looking for a career or a place to work for a long time, not for you!
Pros
cool work environment which promotes working out, etc.
Cons
almost everything
Set up Reservations
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Anderson, INJuly 19, 2017
I worked as a Customer Service Representative and took calls from people who were making reservations for State Parks and Campgrounds, or that need to reserve one of the shelter houses for an event.
Pros
Loved it.
Cons
Seasonal
Night Shift
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Celina, TNJuly 14, 2017
I had never worked an overnight shift before. I was hired to be the Night guy. I was the only one there. peaceful. The hours were ok 10-6 Monday - Sunday
Pros
freedom
Cons
working alone
Overworked and underpaid
Client Application Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 9, 2017
The job described at interview is not what you will be doing, you will be doing 5 times the volume with minimal training. Sadly this is a "turn and burn" call mentality, instead of actually solving the issue situation.
Pros
Free Bagels on Fridays
Cons
minimal compensation, no parking
Active Network
Inside Sales (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 30, 2017
Active Network has a dynamic and engaged workforce that is focused on the company's mission of "making the world a more active place." Year over year revenue growth is visible, but like all companies there are challenges ahead.
Run away
NA (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 24, 2017
Absolutely no work life balance and the most stressful environment one can enter. Hard work is not recognized. The modern office space is not worth it. Run while you can.
It was a fun and easy job
IT Desktop Support (Former Employee) –  Frostburg, MDJune 23, 2017
Typical day would include greetings from co-workers and they were always very helpful, and the clients were normally nice. If i didn't know something in particular I would have my Tier 2 help.
productive, fun to work
HR representative, Hiring Manager (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NY 12866June 23, 2017
I enoyed my time at active network. Every day was different, and I liked the flexibility that had with my work schedule. it is fun to work there. I am sad to go.
Great place
Reservation Agent (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 23, 2017
Love the staff fast paced environment get overtime in spring and summer months take lots off calls always learning new contracts must be a fast learner
Nice people to work with and not a bad company
IT employee (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 13, 2017
The location downtown is nice and most people at the company are great. The drawback is that micro-management is done through intimidation. "If you don't get it done you're fired." If you make a mistake your you get threatened with losing your job.
They try and counter that with Beagle Friday's.
If you are starting out ACTIVEnetwork would be a nice place to start.
Pros
Lots of different things to work on and learn.
Cons
Management by intimidation.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Active Network. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9