Active Network Employee Reviews

Interesting job, but not the place for me
Reservation Agent (Former Employee), Saratoga Springs, NYAugust 17, 2015
Pros: Great training
Being only here three months, I didn't have much experience going into the job.

Active Network is a call-center type of business, where my job was to make reservations at campgrounds both locally and across the United States.

I spent a week in training for customer service, and while management was experienced, personable and caring, the customers on the other end of the phone were not all too nice.

Basically, if you've got thick skin, love to talk, can whip through programs and information faster than your brain can think, then this is the job for you.

But if you're easy to get discouraged, want to sit at a job that's not guaranteed to move you in to a more permanent, stable position, keep looking.
Okay
Participant Service Representative (Former Employee), Frostburg, MDAugust 16, 2015
Not a bad job, good pay, could be more flexible. Somewhat friendly staff and management. intimidating setting. Stressful work place and job.
People you work with are mostly good
Supervisor, Technical Support (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 24, 2015
Pros: free icecream
Cons: long hours.
Ceo is bad. Gets paid 5 million a year to do who knows what. Sales oriented, Supervisors in support make less than the lowest sales associate(Salaried) + sales associates make a commission on top of their salary.
Productive and fun work environment
Tier 3 Client Application Specialist (Current Employee), Nashville, TNJuly 21, 2015
very nice place to work. I would work here again if offered the opportunity.Great managers and great personalities. Very family like place.
Fabulous place to work
Supply Clerk/Equipment Specialist I (Former Employee), Nasville, TNJuly 18, 2015
Pros: Bosses were great to work with, co-workers were like family, teamwork, loved everything about my job.
Cons: company moved to Dallas
Excellent place to work. Great work environment with wonderful co-worker. I had the pleasure of working with 2 of the best bosses anyone could have. Was always given an open door to learn anything new I was interested in. Was given the opportunity to collectively do 3 position at one time. I loved my job.
High intensity call center
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 17, 2015
Very aggressive 2015 goals after being acquired by Vista. Good earning potential for reps in high producing territories.
Fun place to work
Product Manager (Current Employee), DallasJuly 14, 2015
Casual friendly place.
Learned to work and explore new things.
Co-workers very nice.
Everything needs to build from scratch.
PSR Work
Participant Services Representative (Current Employee), Frostburg, MDJuly 12, 2015
Pros: PTO, Weekends off
Cons: bad Health insurance.
sitting for long periods of time.
staring at computer screen for up to 8 hours a day
become a sufficient typer and communicator.
people you work for are pleasant, not so much who you work with
training is the hardest part of the job.
Positive experience
Market development representative (Former Employee), dallas, TXJune 23, 2015
Pros: fun work environment, awesome management
Cons: none
I enjoyed my time spent at Active network. Spent a majoriy of the day cold calling leads tha were given or prospected. Co workers were great and learned a lot from them but here was no open positions at the position I wanted.
Fun workplace
Home Reservation Agent (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 4, 2015
Everyone is on the same page and you always have leads to help out. The best part about it, you get to work from home. You know what your schedule is going to be ahead of time.
Not bad but could be better
Participant Service Representative (Former Employee), Frostburg, MDMay 28, 2015
Pros: Atmosphere
Cons: Salary
Working for this employer was not too bad. The nature of the position was what attracted me to the job. I worked in a call center taking calls to give people information about the retirement accounts. The people I worked with were great and the atmosphere was good too. Problem was, when you wanted a day off, it had to be approved and the hardest time getting those days off were around the end of the year when I would only want more off than not. Being a family oriented person and hosting my get-togethers, I had to be available and sometimes traveling out of town was necessary and efficient time off was almost never given.
Great place to work issues with management
Point of Sales Systems Manager (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMay 12, 2015
Pros: good company culture
Cons: in transitition some bad management
great place to work but under bad management team. free ice cream and laid back work environment. many meeting to get on the same page with management. good players at the lower tiers.
Good company, great people, terrible management
Account Executive (Former Employee), Dallas, TXApril 16, 2015
Pros: Culture, free stuff, silicon valley mentality
Cons: Management
Would NOT recommend this company if you are a competent sales person. If you enjoy being a puppet at the head of clueless masters you will fit right in.
I love it!
Anonymous (Current Employee), Work at homeMarch 21, 2015
Pros: great customers, awesome coworkers, leadership rocks
Cons: it needs to pay more
I am a work at home agent and really enjoy my job. The only thing is - I wish it paid more. I love helping my customers. Working from home is great because I don't have to buy gas or meals every day.
call center and customer service duties
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Nashville, TNMarch 17, 2015
Pros: inside work
Cons: company not employee friendly
Company was contracted by 34+ states to sell hunting and fishing licenses, record harvest and being able to give brief information about the state license.
chained to a desk all day
Participant Service Rep (Former Employee), Frostburg, MDMarch 7, 2015
Very boring job, not much opportunity for advancement, come in and answer phone calls all day, must do certain things on each and every call
Terrible Place to work
Account Manager (Current Employee), Dallas, TxMarch 5, 2015
No job security, terrible leadership, and no emphasis on creativity or career development are a few of the many problems with this company.

Don't apply to work here, even if you're desperate. I did well there and still hate it.
Productive Workplace
File Clerk (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 15, 2015
I only had a temporary job at this company for two weeks. I did a lot of busy work scanning and organizing files on computers. A lot of communication with supervisor but she was the only one I connected with.
Great work environment, great co-workers.
Phone Agent (Former Employee), Frostburg, MDDecember 16, 2014
Pros: relaxed job, good hours, benefits.
Cons: short lunch breaks
a day of work at Active Network consisted of being on the computer, and answering the phone daily. two 15min breaks and a 30min lunch break. as a phone agent we would assist participants with their accounts, or with completing proper forms.
Loved my job, but have recently been laid off due to company moving to Texas.
Call Center Lead/Manager (Current Employee), Celina, TNDecember 3, 2014
Pros: great company, policies and procedures.
Cons: they are moving to texas.
Co-workers were amazing. I loved providing great customer service and leading others to improve their customer service skills. What I am taking from the job experience are the leadership skills. The hardest part is leaving. The most enjoyable part was seeing improvement in my team members and the respect earned.
Headquarters