Active Staffing Employee Reviews

My job experience
TEMP worker (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 20, 2017
My job experience with active staffing has been very successful . i was able to find work very quickly with them and the staff was awesome to work with .they also work on trying to find you a permanent position after a while.
Nice
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 15, 2017
I love active staffing they very flexible and the staff there assist you with the best job that fits your capability and they put you to work as soon as possible.
Pros
Early jobs
Cons
Overtime unexpected
Not Good
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJFebruary 2, 2017
The Company itself is not good just over all not a good job it was only seasonal and im glad it was because things was unorganized, its really not to say about it.
a great reliable person
Mailroom Clerk (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 27, 2016
i am a person that is down to earth, i love interacting with customers and like to explore new things that is affiliated with my work perfomance...i am reliable and a great work and of course dependable...
It's a temp agency
Temporary Worker (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJDecember 19, 2016
Okay work place they send me where ever I am needed. The service is good. They provide transportation so you will always have a way to get to work. I'm satisfied.
Productive workplace
Various Temporary Positions (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 9, 2016
It was a consistent job which allowed me to return in between college semesters. I was able to network with various people and overall it was a great experience.
Need more sitting space
Picker/Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYDecember 6, 2016
Well this job was from a temp agency.somedays there was full days work and some short days.but the job was very easy to do.picking/packing and scanning magazines.
Pros
Awesome breaks
Cons
Not really to much to do.
Poorly managed
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 12, 2016
Very poor management....unprofessional. ...don't care about there temps....worst temp agency ever...needs to replace all recruiters
Needs TLC
housekeeping and warehouse positions (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 9, 2016
Maybe some more years are needed but the management was terrible working with them. Mostly favoritism. Random shifts were given, and the pay was always an issue considering the shifts never were put together right for the weeks pay.
Recruiter - Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJOctober 23, 2016
Active Staffing handles recruiting, including reference checks, skills evaluation, preliminary interviewing, and screening of all employees for its clients. Typical day at work is working from 5 am to 5 pm making sure that the associates being sent to different companies have the require clothing, paperwork, and transportation is on time to pick them up. As well as making wake up calls and answering phone calls to at all times. The hardest part of the job might be making sure employees going on their are actually going because if they do not go to work, a replacement must be found, who has the qualifications and has a good working history. The most enjoyable part of the job is definitely knowing that the employee was hired permanent.
Pros
overtime
Cons
short breaks.
very helpful
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 20, 2016
Active staffing is a temporary agency that provides you with temporary work. I was doing customer service at a party rental center. A typical day there was pretty smooth and easy. It was barely a crowd of people. we did get a wide range of calls though.
Its a nice place to work.
Deliverer/ Laborer (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 6, 2016
I delivered products;learned to load a two wheeler with tea cases; Management is okay;Co-workers was team players;Nothing is hard about it;Enjoy my employees.
Pros
Travel the city
Cons
The rate of pay
wages not exceptable, due to location and companies
Fulfillment Associate, Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJOctober 3, 2016
Worked for fortune 500 companies, but agency paying minimal wage!
If company is paying $18 per hr, I am only receiving $8.38 per hour. This is the case with all work from Active Staffing.
Pros
shuttle service to job site for a daily fee of $8.
Cons
must report to agency at 5am, long wait after work for agency shuttle
Very busy but productive work place
Temp Agency (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJSeptember 28, 2016
Working for active staffing was quite the experience i was placed to temp at a job called blue apron . Blue apron is a warehouse that packages frozen foods and sell them to customers so that they can prepare dinner for themselves and family . Working at blue apron was always cold to keep food fresh , lifting up to 40 lbs and packaging food to be shipped out of the warehouse to customers homes .
Pros
Free lunch, multiple breaks
Cons
Very cold
poor managment
Job Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NY 10468September 26, 2016
We get curse out by temps every day, Also management didn't fix the air conditioner and let the employees at the BX office work under the heat wave. Management is horrible and employees are underpaid and i got bite by bed bugs.
Pros
overtime
Cons
horrible healthcare, horrible incentives
Overall i have mixed feelings
Sanitation Worker (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJSeptember 22, 2016
It has its ups and downs. I like the job i am assigned to and the work environment. Its the staff and co workers who i tend to have issues with but that happens in every work place
Unacceptable
On site (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJSeptember 2, 2016
They don't care anything about their temps as long as they are making money off of them . They mess up on checks all the time, and they take money from the temps. Very awful staffing company that needs to be shut down immediately.
hardworking enviornment
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJune 26, 2016
A typical day at work, was making sure you hit your goal everyday and hitting it over all as a team. Working at Active taught me consistency and helped me pick up on any job thrown at me. the hardest part about the job was simply the labor but hard work pays off. the most enjoyable part about the job, which I'm pretty sure everyone will agree on, is getting a check for all your hard work. makes you feel like you can actually be somebody and do something.
Pros
automatic hire
Cons
no benefits, not enough pay, and not enough temp jobs provided
Calvin Thompson
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJune 17, 2016
Active Staffing was an company full in great opportunities.
Ive been there for a lil over a year and half nothing but good times.
Pros
You get to build your owe schedule
Cons
theres no benefits
They have been good in placing me in a job that is not to far from my house and in a place that I can work to my full strength.
Warehouse-shipping (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMay 16, 2016
A day at work is like any other day where you come in and greet everyone that is becoming part of your new family as a new comer.

I have learned that you have to pay attention and follow the examples or orders from those that have been there before you.

Management treats you like part of the team and tries to place you were they think you will work better off.

My co-workers are very helpful.

The hardest part was getting used to doing the placing in boxes since I had never done something like this before.

The most enjoyable about the work is the people that work there that makes it a pleasure to go to work everyday.

If a person is not happy with work or their co-workers they can not work to their full capability.
Pros
their brakes that gives us time to relax.
Cons
they don't offer any health benefits..

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Active Staffing. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9