Active Staffing Employee Reviews in United States

They are horrible
Temporary Worker (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJApril 29, 2016
I haven't worked in a yr they never reach out and phone reps arlways speak disrespectful I say they should close down I mean no jobs for no1
Pros
Have to pay 8$ out your check everyday for rides
Overall Experience
Administrative Support (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 29, 2016
The staff at Active Staffing are very knowledgable in all aspects of the work industry, they work very diligently to provide employment and match employers and employees
Pros
available stable employment opportunities
Its ok
Kitchen Associate (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJFebruary 9, 2016
You can get as much hours as you want, but its too much chaos. They make us look sloppy. Anybody could get hired. I worked with covicts.
Pros
DO WHAT YOU WANT
Cons
EVERYTHING
i really needed work and active gave me a chance
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYFebruary 9, 2016
active was a nice place to work. its only a temp office but they work fast and get you out on jobs sites weekly. I only worked here a short time but I learned alot
Pros
easy work
Cons
low pay
they were good when they wee sending me out but lost its consisency to the point i give it no stars
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJanuary 12, 2016
they sent me to hundreds of different sites but none were longer an six months. but after he new year hey lost all credibility.
Nice Company, staff are nice too. They like to get to know you.
temporary employment (Former Employee) –  41 West 33rd StreetDecember 24, 2015
Nice staff, but jobs are are not that long lasting and are not enough to sustain you. (You don't go far doing a Temp job). Typical day at work is not bad. I gather instructions and do my job to the best of my ability. I gained a lot of knowledgeable facts about the jobs I worked for. The managers I worked for were nice people. The co-workers were friendly and nice people. The hardest part about the jobs I worked for was that the supervisors didn't know where to put me. The enjoyable part about the jobs that I worked for was the recognition that I gained for being a good worker.
Pros
Nice people, Nice staff
Cons
Jobs were to short to sustain adequate income
No comment
admin (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 9, 2015
This is a staffing agency therefore, I did not work directly with the agency. I was just given assignments to different companies.
Great workplace
Package Handler/Sorter/Bakig (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 5, 2015
Great workplace.No Complaints at all.I enjoyed working with company. I learned a lot of packaging skills while working with this company.
fun place to work.
Order Processor (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJOctober 21, 2015
the places that they send your are very easy to obtain growth through learning new and interesting things. the management are willing to work with you to gain permanent employment
nice and mature co workers who made workday less stressful and fun
temp worker (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 18, 2015
I am the type of women who go to work to do what i am paid to do, put in new ideas for whatever company i work for ( if necessary), and to get the job done right. once in awhile i may come into contact with negative energy, due to managers having a bad day or co workers entering the workplace miserable. I believe that there is a time and place for everything,so I leave home problems at home, because i be way too busy focusing on my job to think of anything else. Entering my job at Active Staffing has made my day much better, due to the amazing co workers i was blessed with to get me through the sometimes messy work days. I learned how to cope and deal with rumors, the pressure managers put on you just because you are new, even though on your first day the head boss of the company was impressed by you. Through it all i must admit it was a great experience all of it except for lifting all the heavy garbage bags.
Pros
nice and very friendly co workers who made work day fun
Cons
poor assistance, workers with attitudes, continuous acts of favoritism
Not business orientated
Warehouse worker (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJOctober 11, 2015
I have had good and bad experiences while working with them. Overall I fell as though the manager and leads aren't business orientated.
Pros
Cons
Disrespectful managers and leads.
A temp job
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  jersey cityOctober 1, 2015
This a regular temp job that pays low but often let you work the day you sign up. Most of the jobs is warehouses job so wearing boots was often needed.
Pros
work the day you go
Cons
low pay, shuttle cost money, often unprepare for jobs in warhouse
Excellent Experianced Company
Temp Agent (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYSeptember 16, 2015
This company is a great place to get experience quick and any field u would like. Only thing is they take attendance very seriously and don't take in consideration to health problems sometimes.
One assignment
Marketing Insurance Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 12, 2015
Enjoyed my one assignment from this company. I learned a lot about the insurance business, and I improve my EPIC skills, since this company had recently incorporated it into their systems.
Pros
was able to help other departments, little micro-management
Cons
assignment did not last long enough
Not the best work place
Client Services Rep (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJAugust 2, 2015
They pretty much treat people like slaves. The give you the biggest work load and promotions without pay increase. The hardest part of the job was the boss/manager Angel Belen, he just throws all of the work to his employees and spends the majority of the work week out of the office.
Line leader
Line Leader (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 22, 2015
Supervised assemblers and trained employees on job procedures.

Operated machinery and heavy equipment; such as forklifts
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
great place to work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  jersey city, NJJuly 17, 2015
The best part about active staffing was that they never messed up my money and the people at the desk was always nice. I always had a site to work at.
Responsible workplace
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJuly 15, 2015
Its a great experience everyday because I get to work at multiple warehouses with different employees. You go through something new everyday and the managers are cool .
sent me on lots of different jobs,nice people.
Warehouse Person (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJuly 9, 2015
hours were good,the people were nice.the days were nice and steady.clean enviroment,it was a pleasure to go to work. i learned different things in each warehouse. i met alot of different people, and not everybody just spoke spanish.
Pros
nice place to work
Cons
only temp. and not enough pay.
Not good place to work
Temporary factory packer & contractor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 6, 2015
They offer only temporary jobs. Not good places to work. They treat you super bad some times. They don't offer any benefit to work.