Active Staffing Employee Reviews

Great workplace with great staff
labor-maintenance (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 2, 2018
Start work in moring or evening. Watch a training video and then you get your assinment and go work.the work is up to you to choose,it could be a nice place or not so nice
Pros
long breaks
Cons
not paid for lunch
Parking
Parking Attendant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 30, 2017
All day i would be parked up waiting for ConEd which was the best for me because the hours was great. The best part would be sitting in the car. Working at the company was amazing.
Not too fun an environment
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 27, 2017
A work place should not be a fun place but it should be comfortable enough to be comfortable doing your job.Management can do a lot more to have employees that appreciates them better and is always willing to go the extra mile for their employers.
Productive Place to work
Loader/Package Handler/Data Entry/Graphic Design (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJDecember 25, 2017
Productive place to work in general. Definitely would recommend working at Macy's Logistics and Operations with them. Don't go in there with a big attitude issue. Cheack egos at the door.
Pros
Good Scheduling, Learning in Training
Cons
No Cons
Great staff
Inventory Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXDecember 11, 2017
They are so kind and willing to work with you on job assignments. They make sure you are comfortable at the assignments and even show up sometimes to see how you are doing
You can do better
Temp Worker (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 2, 2017
If you need something for the moment or in between jobs this is a good place but if you need a good long lasting job this is not the place for you there is no room for advancement
Cons
You may not get a job until you go a couple times
temporary
Drivers Helper (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJOctober 4, 2017
long time to get assignments, work not consistent. they seem to cater to particular people but if they find you an assignment they will teach you whatever you need to know.
Pros
willing to provide transportation
Cons
expensive to use there transportation and daily work not guaranteed
Productive workplace
Temporary Employee (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 2, 2017
Active staffing has giving me the opportunity to build my work experience with the different type of jobs they have to offer all through out the metro area.
Very stressful
HR ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 30, 2017
A typical day was very busy since it was a temp agency workers formed long lines at 5:00 am in the morning. Place had so much people traffic it was hard to focus, I learned how to deal with different situations.
Pros
Being able to change your hours at your convienience
Cons
Not a good mentak health inviorment
It's only the jobs they have available
Temp Worker (Current Employee) –  NYSeptember 26, 2017
It was and ok place to work just frustrating when you don't get any jobs and some of the jobs are a lot for what they pay us . I feel like they can offer a higher raise as well as career advancement
Work assignments are not guaranteed to last
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJSeptember 13, 2017
Management is very poor. They provide transportation, however it is very unorganized. Pay is low in specific state's especially when living in new york and working in new jersey.
Cut throat, lacks responsibility
Temporary employee (Former Employee) –  West 33rd streetSeptember 5, 2017
This company lacks responsibility to and for the people they send out to work, I'm currently in the process of reclaiming a simple check that should be afforded to me. One employee says I have the hours and should receive my check Friday, Friday comes and I'm told that a check could not be recovered for me. When going to payroll they go through the protocol, but there's no reason why someone should have to go to Payroll to complain about lost wages in any corporation. Although I have a permenant position in at a job now through them, their lack of accountability and their willingness to give you the old "run around" is why I can no longer see myself wishing to work with them in the future.
Pros
Can get you a job
Cons
Terrible accountability if something goes wrong.
Fast paste type of work style
Temporary Employee (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJAugust 18, 2017
I'm a well organize individual and much more of a hard worker. I also work pretty decent with others. I am a fast learner when it comes all i ask is that i'm taught whatever there is to be known..
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Healthcare
Great starter
Temp Worker (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYAugust 16, 2017
If you need work asap with no education or experience at all ... Don't speak English its ok this place help me get many of jobs a d as long as you show up show your willing to work hard they will help u
Pros
Metro cards given
Cons
Be in the building 5am sometimes for hours before getting work
Body straining work for minimum wage
Temporary Agency Client (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 15, 2017
Each day, for the most part, consisted of a different environment. It would mostly consist of lifting heavy objects and moving to wherever management wanted it. The hourly wage was very low and the work was early and rigid, however, employment was basically guaranteed.
Pros
guaranteed employment
Cons
Rigid and early work
Nice working environment.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 14, 2017
Would like to be more instructed on details pertaining to new job assignments. It would be best if deadline goals are completed first. Would like to have a heads up when job is ending not day of completion.
temp agency
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 4, 2017
The worst part of active is that you have to go the company, then wait 2 hours for them to send you somewhere to work. Its a waist of time and not worth the money there paying
Great working hours
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYAugust 3, 2017
I checked in with my boss to see the duties for the day. Then I split my duties with my co-workers in completing all tasks. Most of my duties included selling items to customers in the store.
Pros
Weekly pay days
Cons
Long travel times
productive and fun workplace at active staffing
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 10, 2017
The hardest part of the job would be the different jobs that are assigned to me almost every other week. But I stuck in there and made things happen for the company.
The most enjoyable part of the job would be getting paid weekly from the week of hard work on the job.
very unprofessional
Bergen ave - Temporary worker (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJuly 10, 2017
In the agency they treat you like little kids. failed at getting me shipped out to jobs that they promised and called me in for. and some times when dropped of at the work places you wont have a ride back.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Active Staffing. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9