Activision Blizzard

Activision Blizzard Employer Reviews

fun culture long hours
annyonmous (Current Employee), CaliforniaApril 9, 2014
Pros: free video games, free lunches/snacks
Cons: work life balance, politics, lack of career advancement
it can be a fun place to work esp. if you are into video games, but there's very little if any work/life balance and promotions/salary changes are not fair nor consistent. management does not exemplify great values and very little in way of career advancement/development.
Great Management, Great Products
Activision Blizzard VP Americas Dist. Sales (Current Employee), Rogers, ARMarch 18, 2014
Activision Blizzard is the most successful and profitable third party video game publisher in the world! We have the best products and people in the business
Great company to work for until they laid everyone off.
Project Lead (Former Employee), El Segundo, CANovember 17, 2013
I really liked working at Activision for the time that I was there. I made good friends, worked on good games and they didn't demand a lot of overtime due to having a day shift and a night shift. I also felt like I could advance in the company if given the chance.

The problem was they decided to lay off most of its QA staff to outsource it to Canada.
Long hours, Relaxed work environment
QA Tester (Former Employee), Eden Prairie, MNAugust 7, 2013
Pros: hour lunches, games can be fun, no customers, meeting interesting people with similar intrests
Cons: can have some very strict managers, not a lot of room for error, temp position, 7days a week
tested games
entered bug information into a database
it was 40+ hours and I worked the night shift so I had a fair share of long nights. Several times we had 12 hour shifts
It's overall a fun environment to have so many people that enjoy similar things in one place.
depending on the area your working you can have very to learn things extremely quickly – more... to "swim without sinking" – less
A good work environment for a very dynamic company
Customer Service (Former Employee), Austin, TXJune 1, 2013
Pros: very open working environment with industry leading products
Cons: few breaks, tedious work, ever shifting work environment
Using custom tools we we tasked with assisting customers with a variety of technical and product specific related issues and complaints. My co-workers all custom cultivated passionate individuals who made the place a very inviting place to work.

The hardest part of the job is the actual grind with very strict metrics along with a constantly evolving – more... work load, which make you require a certain level of passion and familiarity with their products as well as quite a bit of dedication to the job. – less
Oracle Apps DBA (Former Employee), Santa Monica, CAMay 30, 2013
Very nice and good company.
We are doing lot of installations and patches every month
fun work place
quality control associate (Former Employee), Fresno, CAFebruary 24, 2013
Pros: discount on product
Cons: temporary position
typical day at work consisted of inspection of final product to assure that the customer is getting product that is of the best of quality. My co-workers and management made working there really enjoyable. the hardest part of the job was the last minute changes in production plans.
Activision Blizzard
Customer Service (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CANovember 14, 2012
I enjoy what I do as a QA and CS rep for this company, but I had difficulty feeling like the company actually cared about the work I did for it. Their QA department for Activision was so large that it was as if you were just another drone to churn out bugs no matter how little or uncritical they were. I felt better working for the CS department. Which – more... was a little less crowed and friendly. The pay though was not worth the what it cost to live in California which why I had to quit and move back to Texas. – less
Not all that its seems to be
Senior Accountant (Current Employee), Santa Monica, CAAugust 22, 2012
Pros: discount on games
Cons: if your in finance or accounting your always working, no fun, no laughs, no conversations.
As soon as I started, no one talks to you, everyone there is soo busy and focused there is no time for laughs or play. work work work!
Production
Production Worker (Former Employee), Fresno, CAJuly 2, 2012
Accomplishing orders, stocking, manufacturing product. Most enjoyable is working as a team and having a set schedule.
productive an fun environment
Localization QA Tester Spanish (Former Employee), DublinApril 18, 2013
Pros: free samples of the new games
Cons: shifts rotation
very organized company, with a lot of benefits and opportunities to grow in the industry.
fun, dynamic and flexible workplace
Quality Assurance (Former Employee), East Point Business Park, Dublin 3October 24, 2012
My experience at Activision is really positive.
The workflow is very flexible, dynamic, different projects and constant changes. My typical day at work is to check my daily assignment, have a meeting, find the best way to complete the task with the co-workers, depending on the project.
My tasks are several:
Identify localization and functional bugs, – more... black-box testing, reporting bugs in the internal database, implement checklists for upcoming projects, co-ordinate new employees, recommend ad-hoc translations, evaluate language components... – less
Environnement de travail agréable
Assistante polyvalente (Former Employee), Levallois PerretSeptember 28, 2012
Pros: cadeaux
Les journées sont enrichissantes et "speed" je ne voyais pas le temps qui passe car toujours quelque chose à faire ou souvent des demandes urgentes de dernières minutes en plus des tâches quotidiennes. Petite structure donc bonne ambiance avec les collaborateurs.

About Activision Blizzard

When it comes to making cool video games, Activision Blizzard aims to be sub-zero. The #2 global video game publisher (#1 in consoles – Read more