Activision Blizzard Employee Reviews

Great
Development Assistant (Former Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CAMarch 8, 2017
I was a wonderful experience. I would recommend this company to anyone. I learned a great deal during my time at Activision and I hope to work with them again.
very fast production lines
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CANovember 30, 2016
great place to work. although the labor was under pay for employees to be working at a fast production line. only one shift per day. everyone gets the same break time.
Pros
good breaks
Cons
seasonal job
Amazing work place!
Technical Game Master (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 30, 2016
I dedicated a lot of my time working at Blizzard, it is a fantastic company to work for. A great work environment, with a lot of highly skilled individuals who are looking to make an impact in the industry!
Pros
Benifits, people, location
Cons
Nothing!
A workplace full of different types of energy and characters.
QA Tester (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNNovember 28, 2016
The time of the day is free, do as you please as long as you finish a reasonable amount of work. The hardest part was getting through the 12 hours a day 7 days a week, but your co-workers are there to push your through the day. Its not as bad when you connect with the people around you. Management is great, the senior testers are on the floor with QA testers to help with any issue, the leads try to help you with as much as they can and give out tasks to do for the day. Head managers also try to keep everyone posted about any events or changes to anything. You go in as co-workers, but leave the project as a family.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
12 hours a day, 7 days a week
Great place to work but long hours and stressful
QA Project Lead (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJuly 12, 2016
Work usually runs from 9 AM to 5 AM during winter and early spring. From late spring the hours run anywhere from 7 AM to 12 AM.

Days are usually long and stressful. The beginning of the day consists of me reviewing over my emails from developers, productions, management and outsource QA. From there I sort out what has been completed the day prior and hand out any test case that still needs to be done to my QA testers as well as go over any major issues that still needs further investigation. At the end of the day, I go over all issues that were submitted to developers and email any major issues as a priority to management and production.

I've learned to manage my work as well as my testers and be able to prioritize the importance of what issues need to be addressed first as opposed to less sever issues.

Management was great to work with. Being formed QA testers themselves, they knew what everyone was going through so they were never too hard on the employees.

Testers and fellow QA Leads were all a pleasure to work with. Everyone was always helpful and willing to give advice on work.

The hardest part of the job is the stress of having a deadline.

What I miss the most is the camaraderie I built with my fellow employees.
Pros
Free dinner, great teamwork, great work environment
Cons
Long hours, deadlines, 1st party requirements
It was an ok job
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 20, 2016
If you like a fast pace and hot working environment then this isn't such a bad place to work at. Management isn't all that great. There is a lot of favoritism there.
Pros
friendly co worker and over time
Cons
favoritism and management
Fast pace interactive environment
Supply Chain Inventory Planner (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJune 8, 2016
* Rewarding
* Communication, storyboarding
* Smart, forward looking, leaders,
* Fun, family oriented, supportive, collaborative
* Short product lifecycles, ever changing industry dynamics
* Approved recommendations, special projects, the people
Pros
Work with the best in the industry
Cons
some games just don't sell
Very amazing and exciting work environment
QA Game Tester (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNMay 27, 2016
Activision is an amazing company to work for. My co-workers are very passionate and are very hard workers all year around. The leads and bosses are great people as well, always try their best to keep spirits high and a healthy work environment for everyone.
Pros
Free food occasionally, coffee, cheap vending machines.
Cons
Long work hours during the summer
great experience
Assembly Line (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMay 25, 2016
It was a fast paced workplace, strict on their rules for obvious reasons. I have learned enough from this company to become a strong warehouse worker that I see myself being. Management does what they have to do to make deadlines, coworkers do what they are told. There is no time for anything but working, walk in expecting to work and work hard.
Pros
paycheck
Cons
everything else
Production Line worker (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAApril 8, 2016
Fast paced
management was easy to get along with
co-workers had a good attitude
most enjoyable part of my job was working with new people daily
Pros
great work environment
Cons
Building was always hot
Fun place to work with free games
Senior Tester/Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAApril 4, 2016
Fun place to work. People thought it was just playing video games all day but there is so much more to it. Typical day was playing a game you were assigned and a certain task was given to you to make sure the game worked properly. If there was something wrong with the game you were to submit a report to a online database.
Game Attendant (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMarch 23, 2016
~Standing for 8 hours straight.
~Making sure you don't fall behind because you well hold up the line.
~Co-workers will hate you even if you dont know who they are.
Pros
30 MINUTES LUNCH
Cons
10 MINUTES BREAKS
Fast Paced, Team Oriented
Transactional Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 21, 2016
Amazing place to work. IF they hadn't shut down my business unit I would have been a lifer. Flexible hours, casual dress and amazing work gatherings kept me coming in excited for work every day.
Pros
Flexible hours, casual dress
Cons
They shut down offices all the time
Activision Blizzard
QA Tester (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNDecember 13, 2015
Activision Blizzard was an amazing environment to work in and i got a lot of experience in QA Testing and Bug writing. I was dedicated in working long hours to get the project done and it was well worth it to see the final thing.
You work in the game industry
Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAAugust 31, 2015
I took a job here as a tester to get my foot in the door after moving to California and previously working as an assistant producer at another game studio. Once hired you are only looked up as your position and previous work experience means nothing. The quality assurance testers are the lowest of the low and were referred to as the monsters in the basement. Overtime would be required without notice and the pay was so poor, nobody minded working the overtime. Moving up or getting hired on full time felt like complete luck and the vast majority of quality assurance testers were kept as temp employees for years non stop. My goal after working here was to move up in the industry till I was an executive, because I wanted to change the industry for the better and treat all my employees fairly and with respect. I would still approve of the CEO because he does make smart business decisions, I just think he doesn't know or care about how his lower employees are treated.
Pros
We would get a free copy of the games we worked on, we would get discarded magazines, and occasionally ice cream (after the rest of the company got theres first).
Cons
The treatment of the quality assurance employees.
Excellent place to try new ideas !
Managing Director (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 25, 2015
The place to find people with open attitude and ready to challenge everything! A lab of crazy ideas.
Employees are encouraged to take initiative and show leadership.
Pros
Great team
Cons
Hard customers
Fun work environment
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAAugust 19, 2015
Great place to work! Benefit package is great, and the coworkers are awesome. Free game! Exciting work events. Game nights every other Wednesday and Thursday
Cons
Work place with a lot of room for personal growth.
Certification Software Tester (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAAugust 12, 2015
Great place to work. Everyone works hard and makes sure that you get the work done and achieve what they ask of you. Great managers who really care about your growth.
Seasonal job
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  El Segundo CAAugust 11, 2015
This was a seasonal job during the christmas times and here I would answer phone calls from clients that purchased games from Activition and help them with default products. I leard to just stay calm here and treat people with kindness
Pros
Free Soda
Cons
A lot of over time which is no issue
Just typical production job
Production (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 2, 2015
Very fast paced environment for work. very strict management and all about numbers. mostly hire temp staff and no benefits and work -life balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Activision Blizzard. Our community is ready to answer.