Activision Blizzard

Activision Blizzard United States Employee Reviews

productive fun workplace
Production Worker/Warehouse/Distribution (Former Employee), Fresno, CAFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: game discounts
Cons: seasonal
a typical day consists of fast paced production line work where I learned multiple useful warehouse tips. Although management was a bit weak I enjoyed working for the company
Seriously, look for another place.
Forklift Driver (Former Employee), Fresno, CAOctober 3, 2014
Pros: hardworking friends.
Cons: disrespectful office help. disorganized hiring and lay off timing. double standards.
I worked in Distribution, which is literally the hardest work you could do at the company. Unloading trucks in 100+ degree weather, with someone higher up than you, watching you, always telling you to work harder and faster. Extremely disrespectful. Got almost no representation with my complaints, and I don't even think my complaints were reviewed. I will never come back to this place ever. Just not worth killing yourself, working, to make someone else rich. Management and office people seem to look down upon those who actually do the hard work, and are extremely ungrateful.
A specific incident, is when I first started there, I was listening to my ipod in the breakroom, and the Production supervisor makes a big stink about not having electronics at work, which was totally understandable. Later that day, I see him on his phone, which since he's a supervisor, he's allowed to have, but here's the kick, he was on Facebook. Not anywhere related to work, yet he gets away with it.

The only good thing that I got out of this job, was making friends with the people I directly worked with on a daily basis. I hope they find better jobs as well as myself. I also got forklift certified, but it conveniently only applies towards their company.

The people in charge of this company obviously have never heard the term: Never tell somebody to do something you aren't willing to do yourself.
Great place to work if you enjoy video games.
Quality Control (Former Employee), Fresno, CASeptember 29, 2014
A typical day was going in and testing skylanders,which was a video game for xbox,playstation and wii councel.Making sure the correct quanity was received and the items worked properly.
I also checked the cover of the games to make sure the color and wording was correct.
There was a small group of us that did Quality Control of only 6
I did not find anything hard about that job at all I enjoyed it and the people I worked with.
The most enjoyable part was working with all the new games that came out and also the other co-workers.
Productive and fun work place working with friendly people.
Warehouse/Machine Operator (Former Employee), Fresno, CaMay 22, 2014
I like working at Activision Blizzard. It's a fun and productive work place. This company is through Placement Pro Temporary Agency. I work there not too long and got lay off. If they ever need me to go back work there, i diffidently will go back to work for them.
fun culture long hours
annyonmous (Current Employee), CaliforniaApril 9, 2014
Pros: free video games, free lunches/snacks
Cons: work life balance, politics, lack of career advancement
it can be a fun place to work esp. if you are into video games, but there's very little if any work/life balance and promotions/salary changes are not fair nor consistent. management does not exemplify great values and very little in way of career advancement/development.
Great Management, Great Products
Activision Blizzard VP Americas Dist. Sales (Current Employee), Rogers, ARMarch 18, 2014
Activision Blizzard is the most successful and profitable third party video game publisher in the world! We have the best products and people in the business
Great company to work for until they laid everyone off.
Project Lead (Former Employee), El Segundo, CANovember 17, 2013
I really liked working at Activision for the time that I was there. I made good friends, worked on good games and they didn't demand a lot of overtime due to having a day shift and a night shift. I also felt like I could advance in the company if given the chance.

The problem was they decided to lay off most of its QA staff to outsource it to Canada.
Long hours, Relaxed work environment
QA Tester (Former Employee), Eden Prairie, MNAugust 7, 2013
Pros: hour lunches, games can be fun, no customers, meeting interesting people with similar intrests
Cons: can have some very strict managers, not a lot of room for error, temp position, 7days a week
tested games
entered bug information into a database
it was 40+ hours and I worked the night shift so I had a fair share of long nights. Several times we had 12 hour shifts
It's overall a fun environment to have so many people that enjoy similar things in one place.
depending on the area your working you can have very to learn things extremely quickly to "swim without sinking"
A good work environment for a very dynamic company
Customer Service (Former Employee), Austin, TXJune 1, 2013
Pros: very open working environment with industry leading products
Cons: few breaks, tedious work, ever shifting work environment
Using custom tools we we tasked with assisting customers with a variety of technical and product specific related issues and complaints. My co-workers all custom cultivated passionate individuals who made the place a very inviting place to work.

The hardest part of the job is the actual grind with very strict metrics along with a constantly evolving work load, which make you require a certain level of passion and familiarity with their products as well as quite a bit of dedication to the job.
Oracle Apps DBA (Former Employee), Santa Monica, CAMay 30, 2013
Very nice and good company.
We are doing lot of installations and patches every month
fun work place
quality control associate (Former Employee), Fresno, CAFebruary 24, 2013
Pros: discount on product
Cons: temporary position
typical day at work consisted of inspection of final product to assure that the customer is getting product that is of the best of quality. My co-workers and management made working there really enjoyable. the hardest part of the job was the last minute changes in production plans.
Activision Blizzard
Customer Service (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CANovember 14, 2012
I enjoy what I do as a QA and CS rep for this company, but I had difficulty feeling like the company actually cared about the work I did for it. Their QA department for Activision was so large that it was as if you were just another drone to churn out bugs no matter how little or uncritical they were. I felt better working for the CS department. Which was a little less crowed and friendly. The pay though was not worth the what it cost to live in California which why I had to quit and move back to Texas.
Not all that its seems to be
Senior Accountant (Current Employee), Santa Monica, CAAugust 22, 2012
Pros: discount on games
Cons: if your in finance or accounting your always working, no fun, no laughs, no conversations.
As soon as I started, no one talks to you, everyone there is soo busy and focused there is no time for laughs or play. work work work!
Production
Production Worker (Former Employee), Fresno, CAJuly 2, 2012
Accomplishing orders, stocking, manufacturing product. Most enjoyable is working as a team and having a set schedule.

About Activision Blizzard

When it comes to making cool video games, Activision Blizzard¬†aims to be¬†sub-zero. The #2 global video game publisher (#1 in consoles – Read more