Activision Publishing Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Fast Paced, Team Oriented
Transactional Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 21, 2016
Amazing place to work. IF they hadn't shut down my business unit I would have been a lifer. Flexible hours, casual dress and amazing work gatherings kept me coming in excited for work every day.
Pros
Flexible hours, casual dress
Cons
They shut down offices all the time
Best gaming company to work for world wide!
Production Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAOctober 31, 2013
Best Teams, Best People, Best Games/Products, Nothing But Love! :)
Pros
everything!
Cons
none!
Productive and Fun Environment
Quality Assurance Tester (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CANovember 17, 2012
Activision Publishing was my foot in the door into the gaming industry. The management and my fellow employees were such a joy to be around and although we had a lot of fun we also got a lot done in terms of testing. A typical day consisted of analyzing games prior to release and ensuring each bug was being tracked in a database for the game developer to review. I learned how to use new software, how to manage small teams during multiplayer testing, and how to identify bugs and database issues based on their severity.

Although the company did not have the stability I would have hoped for, I realize this is common in the gaming industry. My time at Activision was enjoyable and they provided a fun environment as well as a comfortable break area; it's hard to frown in a room with a ping pong table.
Pros
lots of opportunity for overtime, nightshift
Cons
unstable, checklists
Video game testing is a demanding job!
QA Tester (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNMay 24, 2012
It's a challenging position to test video games since it's not really like playing them. There's a lot of technical issues you have to be aware of as well as first party standards. The job itself was compelling enough to keep me interested in what I was testing, but the 80 hours work weeks got old fast.