Activision Publishing

Activision Publishing Employer Reviews

Productive and Fun Environment
Quality Assurance Tester (Former Employee), El Segundo, CANovember 17, 2012
Pros: lots of opportunity for overtime, nightshift
Cons: unstable, checklists
Activision Publishing was my foot in the door into the gaming industry. The management and my fellow employees were such a joy to be around and although we had a lot of fun we also got a lot done in terms of testing. A typical day consisted of analyzing games prior to release and ensuring each bug was being tracked in a database for the game developer – more... to review. I learned how to use new software, how to manage small teams during multiplayer testing, and how to identify bugs and database issues based on their severity.

Although the company did not have the stability I would have hoped for, I realize this is common in the gaming industry. My time at Activision was enjoyable and they provided a fun environment as well as a comfortable break area; it's hard to frown in a room with a ping pong table. – less
Video game testing is a demanding job!
QA Tester (Former Employee), Eden Prairie, MNMay 24, 2012
It's a challenging position to test video games since it's not really like playing them. There's a lot of technical issues you have to be aware of as well as first party standards. The job itself was compelling enough to keep me interested in what I was testing, but the 80 hours work weeks got old fast.