Activision Employee Reviews in United States

So fun it barely feels like work!
Quality Assurance Tester (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNFebruary 22, 2016
Long hours spent staring at screens and sitting in a chair but a overall really positive experience. Working here made you feel integral to the process of developing a game and making something millions of people will enjoy. It made playing games all day feel vastly important. The only downside to this job were the hours that changed a lot based on the need to achieve certain milestones and release a finished product by a set date.
Pros
Free video games, shirts, Activision products and the ability to play games before release
Cons
Long shifts that changed constantly depending on what needed to be done.
Call of Duty
Quality Assurance/Game Tester (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAFebruary 10, 2016
I tested the Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 and Black Ops 2. I was given the game to simply play and see what is wrong with the game if anything. We would also do scenarios where we would act out certain situations for upcoming trailers for the game. I learned how to be observant and enjoy playing first person shooters. I actually became really good at playing the game and they made me lead in scenarios and kill opposing players. Management was fine they were very relaxed and did their best to teach us what to do and answer any questions that we might have. Coworkers were also a blast we would play ping pong on every break and we truly enjoyed playing the game. Hardest part of the job was not able to play more even thought 90% of the time we were playing. Playing the game was fun but being the first to find a bug or defect is the best feeling. Because thats what we are paid to do is trying to catch as many errors as we can.
Pros
Playing Call of Duty and getting paid for it.
Cons
Not being paid enough
Great Learning Environment
Sr. Product Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 5, 2016
Activision is a great company to work for. Provides freedom to manage projects etc while supporting a creative work culture.
great work place
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAFebruary 2, 2016
great inviroment freindly people quick pase work.i learned alot about prodution line work there and about the video game industry
Fun Job
Jr. Quality Assurance Tester (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJanuary 9, 2016
Easy and fun. Loved the environment even though you were inside a dark underground most of the time. I would do it again if possible
A valuable experience but long hours, which is standard in the video-game industry
QA Tester (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNDecember 4, 2015
An enjoyable workplace with great management. This job is not for everyone as the workweek can exceed 80 hours per week and pay is hourly but if you have a passion for video games this can be a great introduction.
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
Long Hours
Productive and Great Work Environment
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 12, 2015
Get to work 10 minutes before 9am. Check emails and listen to voicemails.Scheduled and coordinated meetings, appointments, and other similar activities for supervisor, which also included travel arrangements.
Pros
Supportive Manager
Cons
Temporary
Video Game Testing major titles In the game industry
Quality Assurance Video Game Tester (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNOctober 23, 2015
Very Friendly workspace with Leads who help support the QA testers. Make sure testers are getting quality work done to assure the game exceeds its expectations. Helps workers get a more hands on perspective of how Video Games produced and also teaches you how to be more computer savvy if that isn't your strongpoint.
Amazing and efficient company
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAOctober 21, 2015
I came to learn everything I could about how the biggest and baddest gaming development company operates, and achieved my goal. From production to QA, their operations are smooth, refined, and methodical. Would have worked for again had I not moved to Oregon.
Pros
Great leadership, amazing systems, and efficient schedules
Cons
Had to endure LA traffic
Video Games
Onsite HR Manager (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAOctober 6, 2015
Being able to purchase games discounted is a plus
Met wonderful lifelong friends
Group environment is a great at making someone a team player
Pros
Free and discounted games
Cons
Seasonal
Good.
Techno Functional Consultant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 5, 2015
FUn work place with supportive management
and healthy company policies.Work friendly and employee centric
environment.
Pros
Good atmosphere
stressful because there was many different gang members so it was also seemed to have alot of tension in the place
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAOctober 2, 2015
Only a temporary job but we got a ton of hours! that was a huge plus! if I wasn't getting over 40 hours I probably wouldn't have stayed because there was a lot of different types of people but also gang members with tattoos so there was a lot of words exchanged and dirty looks all day long. very uncomfortable.
Pros
40 plus hours
Cons
always hot
Good gamer friendly enviornment
QA Tester (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CaJuly 31, 2015
Sprinting through unreleased titles searching for bugs/glitches.
How to use the database.
Management was legit, good company all-around.
All very friendly.
Adjusting to the speed of progress and schedule.
Breaking when you need to.
Pros
Caterers, snack perks, video games.
Cons
Fast Paced enviornment
Was a really enjoyable experience, dedicated staff and fun place to work.
QA Tester (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAJuly 28, 2015
I had a really good time working for Activision. It was a really educational environment. Your exposed to what the video game production industry is, and what they do to get each project out. They also take really good care of their employees. Really an enjoyable experience.
Pros
Decent pay, and a fun environment.
Cons
Contract job, project to project kind of environment.
fun
Outreach Support Agent (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CAJuly 22, 2015
Access to the latest titles of games and older versions of games. the ability to visit headquarters is a plus. Santa Monica headquarters is very nice.
Exciting First Job in Gaming
User Test Moderator (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJuly 14, 2015
I had a real blast working at Activision. The culture was inviting and very warm, even in Activision's subsidiaries. I particularly enjoyed the opportunity to visit Blizzard's campus as part of my intern program.
Activision is a great place to work.
QA Game Tester (Former Employee) –  Edin PrairyFebruary 16, 2015
Activision EP,MN is a great place work management is great. Getting to know everyone is also alota fun there. Unfortunetly they work on a contract basis only which makes them lose many good testers, and when it comes to advancing up the ranks they are not good about making great choices about whom they chose.
fun co-workers
Software Tester (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJanuary 29, 2015
relaxing work environment while QA testing company products. also nice/fun co-workers
Great Experience and kind people
Office Assistant and Shipping Lead (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJanuary 20, 2015
I learned a lot about working under pressure. Being accountable and taking infinitive when needed. Working here has taught me so much about myself and that I am capable of almost anything in a corporate or warehouse environment.
Pros
the education and experience
Cons
growth
My review
Game Tester (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 13, 2015
I will show dedication and tremendous effort on any job I had.
Pros
hard worker
Cons
no cons

4.2