Seeking an experienced, highly-motivated Manager, Medical Billing & Collections with excellent critical-thinking skills to assume Billing, Collections, Denials/Underpayments, Cash Applications and follow-up responsibilities for Governmental and Non-Governmental AR, including, but not limited to, Medicaid, Managed Care, Commercial, Bad Debt and Self-pay.
The AR Manager will manage the daily operations and strategic objectives of the Company’s accounts receivable cycle through design, implementation, maintenance and management of all accounts receivable business functions and procedures for the Accounts Receivable collection process.
The Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day management, direction and coordination of a Durable Medical Equipment supply AR department. The position will provide oversight of supervisors and front-line staff. The Manager will be responsible for statistical analysis, trending and reporting of daily, weekly and monthly metrics to manage the overall Durable Medical Equipment AR. The Manager will be responsible for establishing effective workload distribution and maximizing technology solutions. The Manager will stay informed and ensure departmental education with regard to organization, statutory, federal and payer regulations and compliance. The manager will collaborate with stakeholders to ensure policies and procedures are in place and are followed. Prepares reports, sets goals and targets, understands trends and takes appropriate action.
Job Responsibilities (Bullet Points):
- Managing and motivating a team of Medical Insurance Billers
- Responsible for accurate and timely filing of medical claims electronically and by hardcopy for a high volume company
- Monitor data input validation of claims and output for billing accuracy
- Oversee all aspects of billing and claims department including staffing
- Must have knowledge of requirements for submission and re-submission process for Medicaid, Medicare, , commercial, and third party insurance claims
- Work directly with insurance companies and patients to resolve billing and/or payment issues
- Responsible for Pulling aging reports from billing system and managing the AR issues with designated insurance plans.
- Querying data to understand denial trends from billing system and/or data clearinghouse and resolving such issues
- Optimize cash flow and DSO through effective AR processes.
- Month-end closing within the AR department
- Team building and process improvement initiatives to streamline the billing and collections processes
- Assign employee workload by using key metrics to determine each staff member's accountability
Job Qualifications/Experience (Bullet Points):
- Bachelors degree preferred
- 5+ years of related experience which includes a previous leadership role
- Strong leadership skills with an ability to motivate direct reports
- In-depth knowledge of Healthcare billing best practices
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, and strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Proven track record for improving process efficiencies and solving problems
- Proven ability to perform strategic planning and priority setting for a billing department