We want you to:
- Help us inspire and equip the next generation of entrepreneurs by contributing to their education.
- Thrive on change.
- Be unsatisfied with status quo.
- Run the show in a speedy environment; decide and execute.
- Bring ambiguous ideas to life.
- Approach all tasks, big or small, with the same verve.
- Be committed to our students’ success and making every effort to make their experience that of the utmost quality.
*Learn best by doing.
The Acton School of Business is a leading-edge MBA program in Entrepreneurship in Austin, Texas. It’s just what you don’t expect:
- Taught by successful, practicing entrepreneurs who are not stodgy academics. In fact, they’ve built companies in excess of $4.5B.
- Based in experiential learning. No rote memory of financial ratios here. Our students master the frameworks for running a business the right way, and then they are tested in the real world (like managing an actual manufacturing line or selling door-to-door).
- Internationally recognized and copied. Only the brightest students attend. The school ranks #3 on Princeton Review's list of "Best Classroom Experience." It also ranks #1 on the list of "Most Competitive Students.” Schools all over the world use our curriculum.
Here are the details:
The Assistant Program Manager is responsible for providing administrative support to the Acton staff, specifically the Program Director and the Director of Outreach and Enrollment.
- Provide operational and administrative support to the Program Director, including but not limited to, assisting with special event planning, collecting and distributing course materials, providing classroom support for teaching staff and students
- Assist in executing curriculum changes.
- Provide customer support and troubleshooting to students.
- Exercise discretion and confidentiality regarding sensitive customer information.
- Provide facility management of the MBA campus, including but not limited to, scheduling regular and emergency maintenance and stocking campus supplies.
- Assist Director of Outreach and Enrollment with administrative tasks when needed such as, compiling and organizing student applications, assisting with marketing and recruiting events.
- Database management.
Are You a Fit?
The ideal candidate looks like this:
Technical Knowledge Requirements:
- At least one year of work experience in a professional environment
- Detail oriented, but flexible
- Event planning
- Project management
- Technologically savvy
- Database management
- Data collection and analysis
- Resonance with our mission
- Interpersonal skills
- Communication skills - verbal and written
- Listening skills
- Problem analysis and problem-solving
- Customer service oriented
- Independent initiative
- Team oriented, but okay with autonomy
- Fantastic follow through
- Learn on the fly
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once
The Next Move Is Yours
Please upload a compelling résumé and cover letter addressed Ellen Thompson with a subject line of “Assistant Program Manager.” Applicants who do not submit a cover letter will not be considered.
For applicants who wish to go above and beyond: please answer the following question and submit it along with your cover letter and résumé.
How would being the Assistant Program Manager at the Acton School of Business help to forward your professional goals? Please explain.
At Acton, you’ll learn how to build a business by facing challenges that require courage, grit, and a never-give-up...