Actuate Corporation

Actuate Corporation Employer Reviews

Good working conditions
Manager - Financial Planning & Analysis (Former Employee), San Mateo, CASeptember 9, 2013
Worked with a lot of great, hardworking people. Management means well but sometimes communication is lacking. Typical day was interacting with the people I supported, meetings, carrying on with my projects/duties.
Large innovative company which helps many others. Fortune 500, publicly traded.
Dev Comm Admin (Former Employee), San Mateo, CAJuly 18, 2013
Pros: great company and people.
On a typical work day at Actuate I would test various software functionality, to make sure they correlated with the course book associated with the software. Test as manager teaching employees how to use new software. Test as employee. I outlined mistakes, and made sure they were corrected. I learned how to conduct myself in a corporate environment, – more... as well as some enlightenment to writing script, BIRT, and publishing a book from my well renowned boss.
The hardest part of my job was also something I like as it is a tedious job, but I do pay close attention to detail in general and am very focused so it actually just helped hone my skills and patience.
The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing those final copies of software and books all laminated and being boxed up and being shipped to people who need them the most. – less
Nice place to work in
Software Engineer (Current Employee), San MateoSeptember 27, 2012
Pros: job security
Cons: rigid work hours
- A typical day would include bug fixes and working on feature development.
- Since the teams are pretty small, the contribution of each team member is very large. So you end up learning a lot.
- The Management is a little rigid with the work hours but overall is supportive of the employee.
- Co-workers are good and easy going.
Small Shop, Personable
Technical Account Manager (Current Employee), South San Francisco, CAMay 18, 2012
Pros: benefits
Cons: very loose management style can be frustrating.
Although it is publicly traded corporate company it does have a small company feel. You can get to know just about everyone in the company. The benefits are great.