EXPERIENCED MARKET RESEARCH CLIENT SERVICES MANAGER / ACCOUNT MANAGER – SUCCESSFUL MARKET RESEARCH FIRM
AcuPOLL Precision Research, Inc. focuses on quantitative and qual/quant research principally in new product and marketing innovation. We are seeking an experienced market researcher with Client Services, Account Management and/or possibly Project Management experience to join its dynamic team and support growth.
Successful candidates will have 5+ years of experience in a primary market research setting designing, analyzing and managing custom studies. The role requires excellent strategic, analytical, interpersonal and communication skills as well as strong client management. Candidates must have proven ability to provide insightful recommendations, design survey instruments, write reports and complete projects. Work is across diverse types of research, categories and industries.
AcuPOLL is a 20-year old custom research firm located in Cincinnati, Ohio that works with two-thirds of the consumer-oriented firms in the Fortune 500 and a wide array of firms in consumer products, health care, restaurant chains, financial services and other industries. The eastside company has had consistent and/or growing revenues and profits for the past five years, and offers competitive starting salary, generous benefits, and a fun/casual work environment. The company is fast-paced and growth-oriented, with no bureaucracy, and seeks individuals who are knowledgeable, innovative, flexible, responsive and committed.
- Acts as primary client contact for all aspects of assigned research projects, from inception to client delivery, including helping to set client objectives, design project deliverables and manage all aspects of project completion.
- Designs a wide range of custom research studies (category/brand understanding, idea screening, testing of concepts, packaging, advertising, products, etc.); sets screener specifications and works with the field department to design and gain client approval of these specs.
- Sets questionnaire goals and objectives and manages the development and client approval of test materials or stimuli, physical running of qual/quant sessions and collection of consumer data.
- Analyzing, writing and presenting detailed final reports with actionable recommendations.
- Leading internal project teams to complete projects with a high degree of quality, on time and budget.
- Developing and maintaining client relationships, including “soft selling” – selling existing clients the next project.
- Representing the company at industry conferences or conventions on an as-needed basis.
- Travelling on an as-needed basis (average 3-5 nights/month at present).
Required Job Experience
5+ years market research experience as an account manager, project manager and/or client services manager, including demonstrated experience providing project management and research analysis.
We are open to considering exceptional candidates with somewhat less experience as well as candidates that could bring added experience and skills to the company, as we may be able to mold the assignment to individual strengths.
- Strong analytical research skills and fundamental understanding of marketing/innovation
- Client focus – making the client needs a primary focus; developing/sustaining strong client relationships
- Written and verbal communication skills to effectively work with clients and other departments on a day-to-day basis
- Confidence to exercise independent judgment and provide leadership to internal teams
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask to manage a significant workload; attention to detail
- Understanding of common market research statistical techniques
Bachelor’s degree required in Social Sciences (economics, psychology, sociology, etc.), Mathematics (statistics, data analysis), Marketing or Business. Additional market research education helpful.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word (Mac familiarity is helpful)
PLEASE PROVIDE SALARY HISTORY OR DESIRED SALARY WHEN APPLYING.
This description is a summary only and does not include all activities; employee will be required to perform any other duties deemed necessary by the VP of Account Management and the President.