I. PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
The Research Analyst is a junior level position responsible for tabulating, analyzing, interpreting and reporting quantitative results of our various types of research studies. This work involves understanding objectives, developing questionnaires, dataset assembly and review, determining what's most important to show clients, creating charts, conducting statistical analysis, and optimizing reports and recommendations in conjunction with the project manager. The Research Analyst also programs, executes and maintains surveys in our database.
II. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Designs and creates project questionnaires, including, but not limited to, analysis and determination of specific client needs.
o Creation of questionnaires ensuring that all necessary project requirements are met.
o Assembly and final proofing of questionnaires to ensure appropriateness and correctness of final product.
- Analyzes and interprets specific data results, using critical thinking and prudent judgment in determining appropriate client audience and potential segment correlations with specific materials and ideas tested, in preparation for final analysis of project.
o Includes, but is not limited to, topline results as well as additional specific analyses, as required.
- Drafts client final report presentations, including, but not limited to:
o Determining appropriate segments, and other necessary information relating to project.
o Making recommendations for final presentations.
- Review final report to ensure correct interpretation of information is maintained.
o Must be able to substantiate any and all statistical information pertaining to final report.
- Conducts specific methodological analyses to assist marketing in sales efforts.
- Completes additional tasks as requested by the Director of Data Processing.
- Travels on an as needed basis.
III. QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in appropriate field (e.g. Statistics, Mathematics, Psychology, Marketing, etc.)
- Accuracy, coupled with speed, in ensuring that questionnaires, final reports and other materials are delivered on a timely basis.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to perform a variety of assignments requiring considerable exercise of independent judgment.
- Strong communications skills in order to effectively work with clients and other departments on a day-to-day basis.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel.