AcuSport Corporation is recognized nationwide as one of the leading distributors of outdoor and shooting sports products in the nation. Employing more than 200 people, we are centrally headquartered in Bellefontaine, Ohio and have regional sales offices in Pennsylvania, Georgia, Minnesota, Montana, California and Texas. To ensure we provide great customer service to the west coast, an additional warehouse is located in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Our Trade Marketing Manager is responsible for the strategic development and implementation of “push” and “pull” marketing events that both drive new users to the firearms category and help increase the buying rate of current category users. This position will work closely with manufacturer marketing personnel and select retailers in creating compelling customer-centric campaigns and programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to craft a solution with appropriate products and services that meets business goals based upon client discussions.
- Improve client utilization and product/service adoption rates of key CustomerLink solutions (e.g. AdVantage marketing tool) by identifying and leveraging new opportunities with retailers & manufacturers.
- Lead internal monthly retailer promotions meetings aimed at capturing manufacturer co-op dollars. Assess current process and implement appropriate improvements.
- Manage and coach the internal Visual Communications team responsible for the production of the AcuSport catalogue and Business Conference book. Evaluate and proof content when necessary.
- Play leading role on data management team. Lead team in continuously evolving AcuSport’s Product Information Manual.
- Manage/coach internal AdVantage SME to help retailers become self-sufficient with the tool.
- Explore and pilot ways to integrate AdVantage with CustomerLink ExChange auto ordering program.
- Explore and pilot ways to better integrate AdVantage with the OnTarget Range program.
- Lead third party tech provider in developing pilot for “BAD” (“Building Ads from Data”).
- Interface with ARS POS team in support of AdVantage uptake among their retailers.
- Develop and manage administrative budgets that support Retailer and Consumer promotions/events.
- Play leading role in development of annual marketing plan.
- Monitor industry activity to stay abreast of new trends and opportunities.
- Manage the development of appropriate education and training materials in support of program implementation.
- Some travel is expected in order to drive adoption among retailers and manufacturers.
- Communicate activities and results to senior management.
- Play a leading role in the evolution of the overall CustomerLink Solutions strategy.
Qualified candidates will possess:
- Professionalism and confidence to deal with unique business issues.
- Ability to successfully conduct both face to face and telephonic business meetings.
- Ability to manage teams and individuals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including presentation skills with diverse audiences.
- Analytical skills.
- Adaptability and flexibility.
- Intellectually curious.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field.
- Retail and/or supply chain experience preferred.
AcuSport Corporation is an EOE.